SOUTHWIND ELECTRIC

Founded 1979 • With Angi since October 2006

3001 EASTERN BOULEVARD

Middle River, MD 21220

18 EMPLOYEES. NO SUBCONTRACTORS. COST DETERMINED BY JOB. TRAVEL TIME MAY APPLY....

07/14/2020

Courtney P.

Tech arrived on time each day, great communication throughout the process, reasonable rates, clean-up was better than before they arrived and would absolutely recommend/work with again.

Description of Work
Adding new electrical outlets, installing boxes for ceiling fans and lights, replacing lighting

Category electrician,lighting,ceiling fans

09/21/2017

Sharon T.

Fantastic, they do the work neatly and quickly. Great communication, very professional. Knowledgeable. Kept the lines of communication open. Any questions were promptly answered. Listened carefully to exactly what we wanted and executed perfectly. Both the owner, the office manager and the crew were all very professional, courteous and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Ran electric out from our basement connection, through the supporting joists out to our bulkhead/pier to our 2 boat lifts. Dedicated line, exterior / weather and water concerns.

09/19/2017

Danette M.

What I like best about Southwind Electric is their consistency in delivering a quality customer service experience. They advise me when to expect the electrician, they follow up quickly to advise me of the job status and options for repairs that might be needed, and the owner is very considerate in helping the customer to figure out the options with the best pricing. My most recent request involved a late night visit to two of our offices to determine if enough night lighting was illuminating the area. Not only did I get a call back the same day the work was done to advise me of some existing issues, but the owner was already preparing an estimate to resolve the lighting situation. Southwind Electric never lets us down and provides the very best service!

Description of Work
Southwind Electric has performed at least six different projects for a business office building. They are talented at troubleshooting problems with lighting, wiring problems, relays, and time clock issues. They also provide great service for new receptacles, switches, and clock outlets.

Category electrician,lighting

09/01/2016

chris N.

Not well at all. When i called to make an appointment I gave my number and was promised a callback to schedule. five days later i was called and the soonest appointment was Thursday the following week at 830AM. at 835 Guy called and said there was some sort of foulup and would i mind holding while he contacted the tech. after having a long winded conversation he said the tech had run into trouble and he would send someone else to get there at 915AM when i asked if he could promise a window he seemed bothered and said "isn't that enough of a window for you" at which point i thanked him and said i would find someone else

Description of Work
replace a bathroom fan

12/03/2015

Dana R.

Contractor was very responsive, came right on schedule, provided good price, did work well, and the office scheduled the required county inspection expeditiously so my project would not be delayed. A family owned firm with experienced people. I would certainly use again and highly recommend.

Description of Work
Installed electrical service for a gas fireplace

08/27/2014

TERRY C.

Arrived on time, consulted with me on job to be performed. Completed job on time and for price quoted and cleaned up. Phone call following day to check job before invoicing. Very Customer focused.

Description of Work
Installed internal fuse box and external access for Emergency Generator.

Category electrician,generator service

01/31/2013

chris N.

Vadim spent 4 hours tracing the short. it was a loose wire in a wall plug in the master bedroom. hidden behind a dresser. Very good service. Called the office and Jo sent Vadim out quickly. I have nothing but good things to say about Southwind. I will use them as long as i live in the area

Description of Work
lost power in living room. came to troubleshoot

07/21/2011

chris N.

Southwind was called for an estimate for the above work. I asked them to put in a switch for dining room light that i had purchased. I had removed the old switch, so all he had to do was attach two wires and screw on faceplate. My wife was home and said it took two minutes. A few days later Guy called and gave me a estimate for the outside switch and bathroom fan and I agreed to the price. He stated he would call back with a date for the work to be completed. On Monday morning i noticed a Southwind truck outside and found out they were there to do the work. Keith did a great job was very polite, the work was done in a timely manner. He had to come back the next morning to install the vent on the roof, due to rainstorm. It would have been nice to know they were coming that day as i might have not been home. They did a nice job, although they charged me $95.00 to connect my switch when there for a free estimate. I was hoping they would give me a break as i had the work done and added to the job as well. They would not budge on the price. I was a little disappointed and was hoping for a little flexability as they were there for the estimate. An update as of 7/22/2011. I received a call from Southwind and Guy agreed to work with me on a reduction on having my dining room switch replaced. It was a classy move and he has a customer for as long as i live in this area. Thank you

Description of Work
outside switch (GFI) on front porch,,lighted exaust fan installed in bathroom. switch (GFI) installed in same.

05/26/2011

TJ M.

They were more than helpful, and the work was done on time, on budget, and the workers were courteous ans neat.

Description of Work
Guy from Southwind helped us with estimating costs for a larger project and added some exterior outlets and lighting in our garage.

12/01/2010

Amy B.

Southwind Electric did a very good job. They got a permit and were very professional.

Description of Work
Southwind Electric installed an electrical sub panel for the kitchen.

American Electrical

Wireworx Electric Inc

Wireworx Electric Inc. We specialize in all aspects of the electrical trade. Residential & Commercial. We take pride in everything that we do, and are certain that you'll be 100% satisfied. All work initiated by owner/ master electrician. No salesman. Excellent references, hundreds of satisfied customers. Please call today for your FREE ESTIMATE! 10% discount for senior citizens & retired military. Licensed & Insured.

Callahan Electric

Callahan Electrical Services is an electrical contractor with 6 employees. We believe that we offer a product and service above and beyond larger companies because of our more involved, personal touch. We have grown our business with no advertising until now, through referral and word of mouth, from our attention to detail and our courteous and friendly staff. At the present time, we accept checks or cash.

Check, Visa, MasterCard

RESIDENTIAL AND COMMERCIAL ELECTRICAL SERVICE PROVIDER. CONTRACT PRICES AND/OR SERVICE WORK INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, TROUBLESHOOTING, LIGHTING, PHONE, CABLE, SERVICE UPGRADES, CEILING FANS, ETC. THERE IS NO JOB TOO SMALL.