Cabinet Restoration Company LLC

Founded 2003 • With Angi since January 2012

The Cabinet Restoration Company is your cabinetry expert specializing in the restoration of kitchen cabinetry. It is our commitment to provide the highest level of customer service and quality to our clientele. Our highly skilled staff of craftsman have over 22 years of experience each and use only the highest quality solid wood products. This allows us to provide our customers with results that are guaranteed to be beautiful, durable, and affordable. "Our job is not done until you are completely satisfied!" The Cabinet Restoration Company can balance budget and artistry to meet your individual needs....

A Service Provider's profile image

+33 more images

cabinet refacing (79)home remodeling (13)cabinet makers (9)furniture refinishing (6)interior painting (3)plumbers (2)electrician (2)flooring (1)drywall (1)countertop installation (1)

09/15/2022

Lyn S.

Great. It was done in a timely manner and the installer, Rob, was on time and easy to work with.

Description of Work
Cabinet Refacing

Work Completed On 09/20/2022

05/18/2022

Jean P.

Our experience with the The Cabinet Restoration Company, LLC was phenomenal. From the date of estimate through completion, the process was incredibly smooth. Pete, the owner, is very responsive to emails and incredibly patient while we were figuring out other contractors before we actually signed the contract. The week we had our cabinets refaced went without a hitch. Rob does beautiful work, is very professional and respectful. The craftmanship is excellent. Thank you, Pete and Rob. We love our new Kitchen!!

Description of Work
Cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 05/16/2022

03/03/2022

margaret E.

After extensive research I finally decided on Cabinet Restoration based on all of the positive, glowing reviews and my initial meeting with the owner, Pete. I decided on new drawer and cabinet fronts along with the boxes being redone with new veneer. I was confident the job would be completed professionally with a high quality outcome. Unfortunately, that was not the case. If Pete tells you he will leave you in the very capable hands of Rob, tell him no, you want someone else. Rob did a very poor job, he was dishonest, deceptive and had no regard for my house. · Several times I had to clean urine off my bathroom floor. There are no men in my house · I had clean what looked like either paint or caulk off the bathroom sink handles · I had to clean what appeared to be coffee that was poured into bathroom sink · Rug I put in kitchen because it was snowy, I asked if he didn’t need, please roll up and put aside. Instead the rug was dumped into the dining room along with all of the debris from the rug · The day the job was finished when I came home to meet with Rob, he was not in his truck, he was not in the kitchen, he WAS wondering in the house somewhere · Didn’t bother telling me when he blew fuses · Added shims atop my dishwasher under brand new counter. I have no idea why. Now, coincidently, dishwasher leaks. The list of problems with the work performed : · I pointed out a scratch and was told, “oh that was caulk, it is gone”. Right in front of me he pretended to fix it. I opened the cabinet and it was still there · Sink front hung crooked · Lazy Susan doors hung crooked · two square corners were not square because the corners had been chipped off · seems had glopped on paint the appeared to be covering the jagged, chipped seem edges · veneer inside a cabinet was mounted over top of microwave bolts, not around them · a new cabinet front has what appears to be a puncture mark protruding from the inside out · behind one drawer front the veneer is cracked completely from left to right · all of the cabinets where caulk was placed need to be cleaned of the excess caulk that is smeared around Initially Pete did tell me there would be minor imperfections if I look closely. Everything I was seeing did not need a close examination. When reviewing the job on the last day, I said I wanted the scratch fixed. Pete offered me either a credit of $175, or they would order new veneer and come fix it. I told Pete I did not want Rob back in my house. Pete apologized and then offered me a credit of $1500, “that means I will charge only my cost”. That may work for them, but I spent thousands of dollars and I am stuck with a subpar job. I am the one in the hole and very disappointed. It has been about six weeks and I still can’t figure how to mend all of this. The biggest disappointment was Pete never offered to look at the job, or send someone other than Rob to fix everything.

Description of Work
new cabinet fronts, and veneer on boxes

Category custom cabinets

Work Completed On 03/03/2022

01/14/2021

Anna N.

It was fine. Due to a fall/injury of my carpenter we started and ended late but he was conscientious about being here in spite of his pain. Good work, love the results. Pete, the owner, was easy to work with.

Description of Work
refacing of Kitchen cabinets, moving a cupboard,

Work Completed On 01/14/2021

09/23/2020

Peggy H.

I could not be more pleased with the process as well as the finished product provided by this company. Pete was patient and informative as we decided exactly what we wanted to have done. Rob’s work completing the project was excellent. I would definitely recommend them to anyone!

Description of Work
Refacing existing kitchen cabinets

Work Completed On 09/15/2020

08/08/2020

Barry C.

The entire job went great and the kitchen looks awesome

Description of Work
Kitchen Cabinet Refacing

Work Completed On 08/08/2020

Review for Cabinet Restoration Company LLC - 4223 Hanover Pike , Manchester, MD - 38783759

06/17/2020

Anil D.

We recently refaced our kitchen cabinets with Cabinet Restoration Company. We had a wonderful experience right from the start when we met with Pete to review the project to the completion of the project with Steve who like the previous reviewer wrote is a master craftsman and takes care of the smallest detail to perfection. The communication was always timely - before and during the project, they resolved all issues to our satisfaction and completed the project on time. The end result was above and beyond our expectations. We highly recommend them as we would definitely use them again for our next project.

Description of Work
Refacing Kitchen Cabinets

Work Completed On 06/13/2020

05/18/2020

michael C.

It went excellently. Pete helped with ideas when he came out to provide an estimate. He brought samples so we could see what we would get. He helped us understand the options and work through what we wanted/needed. He worked with us to find solutions to some issues we had with the existing cabinets. We had 3 presentations and his was the best by far at providing the information we needed and developed a plan well beyond what the other two presentations were recommending. Then we got the price we were expecting it to be the highest. No, it was the lowest!!! So best presentation, best price, but what about the actual job. GREAT! Pete worked with us during the initial shutdown of PA & MD deferring to our needs and concerns. Then when the job got started Rob was great during the installation. The product looks beautiful and the installation fabulous. Rob was careful to wear a mask when ever we were around and he cleaned things up every night. The job included not only the refacing of our existing cabinets but with Pete's help we opted for removing the two upper corner cabinets which were a huge waste of space we could not get to with 3 cabinets with a door that was hinged in the corner so the corner was completely accessible. For the bottom corner Pete and Rob helped us find and select a "Blind cabinet organizer" which when installed has two shelves that span the width of the cabinet, even into the blind corner, and can be pivoted out so the shelves are completely accessible. Rob even installed the blind corner organizer. Our kitchen now has more cabinet space than we need instead of not enough cabinet space, wow! The design of the cabinets included one cabinet door with glass so my wife could display her pretty glasses. The proposal from Pete said we were supposed to arrange to get the glass shelves ourselves. But since my wife and I are both senior citizens we were hesitant to go shopping for the shelves during the MD shutdown. Pete agreed to have Rob measure for the shelves and arrange to order and supply the shelves. We were very very appreciative of his flexibility. The overall job was perfect: Best presentation/help/design; Best price; Best installation; Best cooperation; BEST JOB! We are extremely pleased with how the kitchen has been rejuvenated and my wife is so happy. You know what they say, " Happy wife, Happy Life! Thanks Pete & Rob!

Description of Work
Cabinet refacing and the replacing of corner cabinets with new.

Work Completed On 04/21/2020

Review for Cabinet Restoration Company LLC - 4223 Hanover Pike , Manchester, MD - 38573480

04/13/2020

Kevin A.

Excellent! I must say after trying a couple different options on redoing my cabinets I chose Cabinet Restoration. I worked with Pete who was very very helpful and patient as he answered my questions and walked me thru the best option. The results are just stunning. The wear and tear is gone and a new set of knobs installed has brought them back to their former luster. Additionally they came in on target and on budget. Truly exceptional work.

Description of Work
Cabinet refinishing

Work Completed On 04/10/2020

Review for Cabinet Restoration Company LLC - 4223 Hanover Pike , Manchester, MD - 38496480

12/22/2019

Stephanie R.

Amazing. Our vanities are now beautiful pieces of furniture. The work that was performed by the craftsman in this company exceeded our expectations. Our friends and family are convinced we purchased new vanities. We significantly changed the color of the vanities, and we are absolutely delighted with the results.

Description of Work
Refinish and refurbish two large bathroom vanities

Category home remodeling, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 12/13/2019

10/24/2019

David N.

We had our maple kitchen cabinet doors and drawer fronts refinished by them. The refinished cabinet doors looked better than when original. The refinishing job really brought out the grain in them. They were redone in the same stain as original and the color matched the cabinet frames perfectly. It was a great value for the money. Much less than refacing. When Pete came out to estimate the job, we asked about refinishing and refacing and he gave us an estimate for both. He readily answered our questions about the work. Communication was good and mostly by email. Joe, the refinisher was very friendly and polite. He comes out and removes the doors and drawer fronts to take them. He returns and reinstalls and aligns the doors. He kept in communication with us when an unforeseen issue made it not possible to keep or original reinstall appointment. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Refinish kitchen cabinet doors and drawer fronts

Work Completed On 10/23/2019

Review for Cabinet Restoration Company LLC - 4223 Hanover Pike , Manchester, MD - 38191900

09/04/2019

Michael C.

From beginning to end all facets of my kitchen work was done professionally and expertly by Pete Simonello, owner, and Rob the installer. They took an old 50’s style set of Cabinets and dreary kitchen and turned it into a bright and cheery room. Their proposal was reasonable and thorough, the work commenced as scheduled and proceeded without interruption to the a successful ending. Rob was punctual and really knew what he was doing; his cabinet work is exact and several friends have commented on its beauty. I am well pleased with all aspects of their work.

Description of Work
Replace all Kitchen cabinet doors and resurface cabinet faces.

Category custom cabinets, home remodeling, interior painters, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 08/26/2019

Review for Cabinet Restoration Company LLC - 4223 Hanover Pike , Manchester, MD - 38086337

05/28/2019

Jennene B.

I am SO pleased with the work that The Cabinet Restoration Company did in our kitchen. Steve was incredible to work with. He was kind, hard-working, a perfectionist and my son loved him. I was so happy with the condition of the space while he was working-he went out of his way to make sure the place stayed as clean and neat as possible given we had two small children in the house. I was amazed at how committed he was to finishing the project on time, including working on weekends and staying late, even with a two hour commute each way. The kitchen looks beautiful and we are so happy with the outcome.

Description of Work
Cabinet Restoration

Work Completed On 05/28/2019

04/07/2019

Gayle B.

I decided to reface my kitchen cabinets rather than replace them because the cabinets were in very good shape, and I did not want to disrupt my entire kitchen. I selected natural Shaker-style brand new doors and drawers to give my kitchen an update; they look great with my stainless steel appliances and nickel hardware. Rob did a wonderful job of refacing my cabinets, and he gladly returned to address any questions or concerns and to make any adjustments. My kitchen looks great, and I feel that I saved a lot of money by updating my existing cabinets.

Description of Work
Kitchen Cabinet Refacing

Work Completed On 04/07/2019

03/18/2019

Petra M.

I thought they did an excellent job, they are careful with their pricing and professional. Steve was very precised and did a excellent work.

Description of Work
They refaced all the cabinets.

Work Completed On 11/18/2018

02/28/2019

Timothy S.

We had all of the existing cabinets in our 200 SF kitchen refaced including a large center island. The cabinets which were 20 years old were structurally sound. This work was to gain a more contemporary look and to make some minor functional improvements such as providing new pull-out shelves, new pull out trash bin, and reworking some cabinets to gain more space and better access. Pete was extremely helpful in our initial meeting with suggestions and letting us know exactly what he would do and how the finished product would look. We opted for light wood full face doors and drawer fronts for the cabinets and a dark espresso finish for the center island. We felt the scope of work described in the contract was complete and the pricing was very fair which resulted in no extra costs. The craftsman that did the work was Steve. We cannot speak highly enough of Steve's workmanship and attention to detail. Everything came out exactly as described and promised. The kitchen really looks great! We are especially happy with how beautiful the espresso center island is detailed and finished. It looks like a piece of furniture in the middle of the kitchen. We would highly recommend Pete’s company for kitchen restoration work.

Description of Work
Refacing Kitchen Cabinets

Work Completed On 01/02/2019

10/26/2018

Steve G.

tl;dr; I'm a fan. The end results are amazing. I'll start off by saying that I'm a DIYer and I am very careful about who I hire to work on my property. I have very high standards and I approached this process with skepticism. Cabinet "refinishing" can mean different things to different people and I wanted to make sure I knew what I was getting with Cabinet Restoration Co. When Pete came out to discuss the job with me, he demonstrated very deep knowledge and experience. He addressed every one of my concerns with professionalism and a willingness to work with me and my idiosyncrasies. Some aspects of the job preparation I took on myself and Pete answered my questions as I went, even before having a signed contract with me. The job had 3 distinct phases. The first phase involved removing doors, drawer fronts and pretty much anything else that could be easily removed. Those items where refinished off-site. Phase 2 was the start of the on-site work. The two man crew, led by Travis with his right-hand man Mike, were extremely thorough. The prep work took several days (your mileage may vary) and everything was done according to Travis' high standards. Even something as mundane as how they dispensed tape from the roll was done with precision. I can't even begin to estimate how much tape they used during those 3 days of prep but never once did either of them tear tape with their hands. Every piece of tape was cut with scissors because, as Travis explained, it looks better and doesn't leave the ends frayed. Every surface was thoroughly cleaned and sanded. I had concerns about over sanding and leaving the surfaces uneven or looking worn but they were very careful and took their time. As they went, they addressed as many dings, dents and other issues as they could. The third phase was the on-site painting. With the room enclosed in plastic, Travis did his magic. Primer, paint and clear coats over a two day period. The end results were nothing short of astonishing. Each coat laid down with a silky smooth finish. I don't think anyone would be able to tell it wasn't a factory finish. After each day, Travis and Mike left the work area clean. Their tools neatly packed away and the job site neat and uncluttered. I also couldn't have asked for a nicer or friendlier crew to work with. Because I'm a DIYer, I was often over their shoulders and asking a lot of questions. Travis and Mike were always happy to take the time to explain everything to me. Honestly I feel like Pete undersold his service. The end results totally exceeded my expectations. That being said, I understand that he has to be careful about what he promises. This process is *refinishing* and they can't address everything but they got darn close to doing so.

Description of Work
Painting/Refinishing kitchen cabinets

Work Completed On 10/26/2018

Review for Cabinet Restoration Company LLC - 4223 Hanover Pike , Manchester, MD - 37506460

07/02/2018

Frances L.

Omar was extremely professional & accommodating. The work was finished & delivered ahead of the projected due date.

Description of Work
Our 20+ year old cherry kitchen cabinets were unpainted but the finish on them had become stained & sticky. We’d never stained the cabinets & they had aged to a beautiful color. I was concerned about the refinished cabinet doors matching the ones that were not going to be refinished (didn’t need it), but Omar did a spectacular job with them. We couldn’t be more pleased—they looked brand new again when he was done.

Work Completed On 06/29/2018

04/03/2018

George M.

We could not be happier with the completed project. Our team of Steve and Luke took their time to do the job right. Ran into a few unforeseen issues that couldn't be known until the job started that they resolved. I was uncertain initially of doing re-facing versus all new but you cannot tell. Most of the surfaces you see are the cabinet doors and drawer fronts and all of those components are new same as if all new cabinetry.

Description of Work
Cabinet re-facing including kitchen reconfigure which required some new cabinetry.

Category home remodeling, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 11/20/2017

01/27/2018

Anne W.

They were excellent from the beginning to the end. Everyone was pleasant, efficient, timely and did quality work. I would certainly recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 01/27/2018

12/28/2017

Laura G.

The owner of the company did the initial appt and estimate. I appreciated that he did not waste my time with small talk or trying to convince me to hire him (as another company did). All work was completed within the anticipated time frame. Each evening the workmen told me what they had done and what they would do the next day. Altho they gave me an ETA for the next day it was usually much later which meant they were here at least one night until 6pm. Earlier arrival times (ie, not later than 9am) would be bettter. I appreciated the cleaning up each night. The work space was left pristine.

Description of Work
Refacing cabinets

Work Completed On 12/18/2017

12/11/2017

CL A.

Everything went well from start to finish. The price was fair, the team (Travis and Reuben) was punctual, polite, professional, and meticulous. We purchased the new hardware (drawer pulls), which the team installed for us when reassembling the cabinetry. The color match was perfect and the finished product looks GREAT.

Description of Work
Kitchen cabinet refinishing/restaining. Our cabinets are almost 25 years old and showing definite signs of wear and tear.

Work Completed On 12/07/2017