PRO GRASS INC

Founded 1979 • With Angi since March 2005

4.3

1941 GREENSPRING DR

Lutherville Timonium, MD 21093

Pro Grass Lawn Care, Inc. established in 1979 is one of the largest independently owned, local lawn service and ornamental shrub care companies in the Baltimore, MD area, conveniently located in the heart of Timonium, Maryland. Pro Grass, Inc. can offer you comprehensive lawn service and ornamental shrub care programs, designed to create a beautiful and healthy landscape for your enjoyment, as well as increasing your property value. We offer high quality programs tailored to your needs at very competitive costs with the best technicians in the business. We have a variety of lawn service and shrub care programs to choose from. We’re sure you’ll find one that’s right for your lawn care needs and budget. We are sure that ProGrass, Inc. is the only lawn care and ornamental shrub service company you’ll ever need! 18 EMPLOYEES, Annual payment discounts, senior citizen discounts...

05/16/2020

Beth M.

By far they are superior to other companies that I have used. Friendly, competent, timely and knowledgeable; Pro Grass Inc are my go to guys for all my lawn needs.

Description of Work
Aeration, seeding and lawn treatment.

03/19/2019

Christopher H.

High quality service and good communication, and my lawn looks great.

Description of Work
Fertilizer and seeding services

09/23/2017

Arnold R.

.....................

Description of Work
...............

09/01/2017

Martha C.

Very disappointed in their communication with us on our main residence when they keep missing a large area that needed to be treated and we had to explain to the multiple times what they were missing before they finally did it properly once and then went back to missing the area again. We had them do the work for almost two years but decided to cancel because they did not correct the problem.

Description of Work
We hired pro-grass to kill weeds, seed, and fertilize two properties (our main residence and a rental house).

07/28/2017

ALICE P.

They give us a discount because we're seniors. We've been using them about 3 years.

Description of Work
We use Pro Grass for lawn fertilizer.

07/28/2017

ALICE P.

They gave us a discount because we are seniors.

Description of Work
We use Pro Grass for lawn fertilizer.

07/26/2017

David F.

04/27/2017

steve T.

good, on time and professional

Description of Work
reseeding lawn

12/26/2016

Steve W.

An excellent job

Description of Work
aeration and overseeding

11/03/2016

Bill H.

Signed up for the service. Will see when the results are in.

Description of Work
Lawn Service

08/30/2016

04/14/2016

Donna B.

06/30/2015

james H.

Good service. Small problem with herbicide migrating to flower seedlingsr

Description of Work
Weed treatment

06/24/2015

George H.

I have had this services for many years. . It seems to be good, although it is hard to prove cause and effect. The lawn looks good, but there are a few problem areas probably caused by too much shade. They state that ground ivy (creeping charlie) and violets are hard to treat and their potions might take time, and sure enough, there it is. I don't know if it would be worse if they were not treating it. Nice reliable, steady service in general.

Description of Work
Spray lawn w/ pesticides/herbicides/fertilizers 6 or 7 times per year; includes on-going assessments and suggestions

03/11/2015

Pamela R.

I had them re-seed my lawn one time. They're a pretty good company, they're reliable, come as scheduled, no problem, and when you call they're generally pleasant.

Description of Work
They treat my lawn with seasonal treatment

08/21/2014

Guy C.

The results were less than satisfactory after several treatments for 2013. Lot's of bare spots and what looked like burnt areas. I called near the end of the summer and explained that I was not satisfied with the results. They did one or two more treatments, which I paid for, to finish out the term of the agreement. They started all over again in April of this year, no one was home when they showed up. I immediately called and explained to them I did not agree to any additional services. The rep. on the phone said they automaticaly renewed the contract each year and that they had sent me a notice in January, which I did not recall getting. He said because the notice looks like a solicitation that I probably threw it away. After going back and forth the rep. said I would have to pay, I said I wasn't going to pay for more unsatisfactory service and the next thing I know I'm getting a collection notice. I just spoke with another rep. today 08/21/2014, who said he would notify the owner, but he doubted he would do anything about it. The rep. said when he sees the owner on Monday he would have him call me.

Description of Work
lawn service

Category lawn treatment

ProGrass is one of the largest independently owned, local lawn care companies in the Baltimore area, providing exceptional service to customers since 1979. ProGrass has the highest customer retention percentage in the chemical lawn care business. Every time we provide a service, an invoice is left with our customers and it states in two separate areas that "For your convenience, service continues from season to season. For a change in service, please call our office." (Member name removed) had service in 2013 on 4/8, 5/22, 7/11, 9/27, and 11/8. Each time ProGrass serviced his lawn, we left an invoice, which along with notes (the last one noting the condition of the lawn was improving), included previously quoted message in two places on each invoice (a copy of his last invoice from 2013 is included.) On January 17, 2014, (Member name removed) was mailed a letter informing him of the services we had him scheduled for the season. The letter also stated, "If you do not wish to prepay, you don't have to do a thing. For your convenience, we will be out automatically in the Spring for your first scheduled service. To review or make any changes to your scheduled program, please call our office at 410-561-1717 or visit our website at prograsslawncare.com." We did the early Spring application on 4/5/14 and left a bill which we never received payment for. (Member name removed) refused to pay, and although as a small business we try to keep customers happy and occasionally write off the payment, it is difficult to do every time when we know we inform our customers at every visit that our service is continuous unless notified by the customer. Any customer can contact us at any time to cancel the service, but if we don't hear from them, we continue service year to year and send them the aforementioned letter in the beginning of the year to tell them what they are scheduled for. We receive less than 0.01% complaints regarding continual service. As far as the condition of (Member name removed)'s lawn, it improved during the 2013 season, and that was noted on the invoice. (Member name removed) was on our premium program, and could have called our office any time for a free service call if he was not satisfied with the lawn. He contacted us once and we went to do the next treatment. He did not call after that. The last note from our technician to (Member name removed) on 4/5/14 (before we were informed that he did not wish to continue service) was "the lawns in our area have taken a beating this winter due to the extreme cold periods and longer than average snow cover. This may make the lawn appear thinner than in years past. We have increased the rate of nitrogen in this application to give the lawn a reserve of nutrients to help is recover as it emerges from winter dormancy." ProGrass incurred expenses for product, labor, mileage and gas while treating (member name removed)'s lawn on 4/5/14. (Member name removed) has a very large lawn, and the bill is $141 and has been turned over to a collection agency.

11/22/2010

Megan E.

They never came when they said they were, always a few days late. They came out late to do the estimate and only quoted me half my yard. I'm still not sure if they ever treated my whole yard since I was never home when they came, since they never came when they were supposed to. I called multiple times in early summer to have seeding done in early fall, they never showed up. They tried to do my moms yard so late that it was already frosting. A waste of money, find someone else.

Description of Work
The were supposed to come out 5 times a year for treatments and then also plant seed.

08/27/2008

ALBERT C.

I have been using them for at least ten years. They have always followed through whenever I have a problem of any nature. I would have to say that they are very dependable.

Description of Work
I pay an annual charge for five treatments of fertilizer and weed killer. I have them use the granular treatment for my lawn. They do have have both.

07/17/2008

DENNIS S.

They treat my lawn five times throughout the year. Treatments vary according to the time of year and growing season.

Description of Work
Applied lawn fertilizer, pesticide, and weed control.

09/21/2005

SCOTT D.

WE HAVE BEEN USING PRO-GRASS FOR SEVERAL SEASONS WITH NO COMPLAINTS. THIS SUMMER, FOR THE FIRST TIME, THE GRASS IN LARGE SECTIONS OF OUR LAWN DIED, AND THE PRO-GRASS LAWN CARE SPECIALIST SAID NOTHING ABOUT IT TO US. WE FINALLY CALLED THE MANAGER, WHO CAME OUT AND TOLD US WE HAD A FUNGUS IN OUR LAWN. HE APPLIED A FUNGUS TREATMENT FOR FREE, AND HE WAS EXTREMELY APOLOGETIC FOR HIS SPECIALIST'S PERFORMANCE. PRO-GRASS SEEMS TO BE A GOOD, WELL RUN COMPANY, BUT YOU CANNOT BE SHY ABOUT PROVIDING IT WITH FEEDBACK. WE ARE VERY HAPPY WITH BARRY, WHO IS THE TREE AND SHRUB CARE SPECIALIST.

Description of Work
PRO-GRASS PROVIDES US WITH SIX LAWN FERTILIZATION/WEED CONTROL TREATMENTS AND SIX TREE AND SHRUB FERTILIZATION/PEST CONTROL TREATMENTS EACH SEASON.

09/07/2005

I AM PLEASED WITH THE COMPANY AND I LIKE THEM A LOT. THEY DO A GREAT JOB ON OUR YARD, ARE PROFESSIONAL AND A PLEASURE TO WORK WITH. THE WORKERS ARE CLEAN AND GET THE JOB DONE FAST.

Description of Work
FERTILIZE THE LAWN.

05/13/2005

KIM O.

EXPERIENCE IS FINE, PRODUCT CONTROLS WEED GROWTH. WORKER POLITELY PHONES THE EVENING BEFORE TO NOTIFY OF HIS APPOINTMENT TIME. DOGS MUST BE PUT INSIDE DURING TREATMENT.

Description of Work
SPRING LAWN TREATMENT CONSISTING OF A PRE-EMERGENT CRAB GRASS CONTROL (BARRICADE), AND A BALANCED SLOW RELEASE FERTILIZER. PRE-EMERGENT CRAB GRASS CONTROL WAS APPLIED.

03/19/2005

PRO GRASS WAS SLOW TO START THE PROCESS, BUT ONCE WE GOT OVER SCHEDULING THAT FIRST LAWN TREATMENT THEY HAVE BEEN GREAT. THE DRIVER TAKES HIS TIME COVERING THE ENTIRE ACREAGE. HE ALSO IS CAREFUL ABOUT LEAVING THE APPLICATION SIGNS SO THAT THE KIDS STAY OFF THE GRASS.

Description of Work
WE HIRED PRO GRASS TO COMPLETE 4 TREATMENTS ON OUR 4 ACRE LAWN AREA. THEY ARE TO HELP US KEEP THE GRASS GREEN, WEED-FREE AND PROVIDE PROTECTION FROM TICK AND OTHER MITES.

USA Tree Services LLC

USA Tree Services, LLC is your local, trusted, and reliable source for tree removal servicing across Maryland. We're in the tree service business because we care about our customers and we care about tree. For that reason, we only hire highly-skilled climbers with years of experience.

Keil Tree Experts Inc

Operating from Hunt Valley Maryland for over 35 years. Licensed arborist on staff. Family Owned and Operated Tree Removal Experts

Lovewood Tree Services, LLC

**We are your local tree experts**Lovewood LLC - Tree Services is a company that is reliable and we take pride in all of our work. We are passionate, about our craft, clients, and community. We have over 10 years expertise, experience and equipment to accomplish tree work safely and efficiently. Our mission is to care and maintain and increase property value for Homeowners and Commercial businesses - we do our best to educate our customers on their particular task and property . Services we offer: Tree Pruning, Hedge Trimming, Tree Removal, Stump Removal, Stump Grinding, Emergency Clean-Up, Tree Planting, Lot Clearing, Firewood, Brushing

Visa, MasterCard, Check, Discover

LAWN CARE, WEED & PEST CONTROL, MOSQUITO CONTROL, FERTILIZATION, AERATION & SEEDING, GRUB CONTROL, TREE AND SHRUB INSECT AND DISEASE CONTROL, DEEP ROOT FERTILIZATION, FLEA AND TICK, PERIMITER PEST CONTROL, ORNAMENTAL BED WEED CONTROL. SERVING MARYLAND SINCE 1979- ALL TECHNICIANS ARE CERTIFIED BY THE STATE OF MARYLAND IN PESTICIDE USE AND SAFETY.

MOWING, MULCHING, PRUNING