Clinton Electric Co Inc

Founded 1969 • With Angi since June 2010

Since 1969, our family owned and operated company has proudly operated out of Timonium-Lutherville and provided the highest quality electrical services. Our electricians have built a solid reputation in the Greater Baltimore region based on a commitment to service and quality work. All of the work

24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered

4.3

electrician (144)lighting (17)ceiling fan installation (41)generator service (19)HVAC Companies (3)

01/21/2023

Diane K.

Very expensive and over charged for lithium smoke detector put in over $400

Description of Work
Evaluation of electrical panel

Work Completed On 01/21/2023

12/14/2022

Nilaja H.

The electrician, Eric, was amazing. Very knowledgeable and answered every question even when not directly related to the work he came to do.

Description of Work
Outlet wiring was blown

Work Completed On 12/14/2022

We think you are pretty amazing, too, [Member Name Removed]. Thank you.

08/18/2022

Terry H.

The electrician from Clinton Electric came and looked at the circuit breakers. I thought he was looking to see where the power was coming from. I already checked them to see if any were still on. He never looked into the tankless water heater. Then said before he could inspect it I would have to pay an additional $600 before he would check to see what was wrong. I did not pay and asked what the $79 charge was for. He said “That was for coming to my home.” After he left I called Rheem ,the maker of the heater, and was told that the fuse needed to be replaced, located inside the cover. They emailed me the directions. I went to electric supply house purchased a replace fuse for $1.55. It took less than a half and hour to remove the cover, swap-out the fuse and reattached the coverage and now my tankless water heater is working.

Description of Work
After a power outage our tankless water heater wasn’t working

Work Completed On 08/17/2022

The process of diagnosing the cause of a tripped ArcFault breaker can be extensive, and there are two circuits in your panel which could have been the source of the problem. It is great that you were able to solve the symptom at the fixture, but we would not be satisfied that the problem was solved completely and be able to furnish our standard warranty on the result without verifying integrity on the entire circuit. It may not make sense to you, but we can't just fix what's broken and cross our fingers that nothing else is wrong. We would still recommend a circuit diagnostic based on the history you provided, even if you get it done elsewhere.

07/25/2022

ashley B.

They did 3 ceiling fans and a safety diagnostic and I ended up with 7 smoke detectors/carbon monoxide detectors as well. Great service. My technician, John was really professional

Description of Work
ceiling fans

Work Completed On 05/25/2022

12/14/2020

Uri A.

Excellent. efficient, timely, courteous.

Description of Work
New outlet for new refrigerator

Work Completed On 12/14/2020

Thanks [Member Name Removed]. We appreciate your feedback.

07/12/2020

susan K.

The job was done in 20 minutes. It was a very small job, but the cost was over $450.00. My advice is anyone needing a small job done is check youtube or find someone who charges by the hour.

Description of Work
two receptacles had hot/neutral reversed

Work Completed On 07/08/2020

06/14/2020

Lois T.

I had an excellent experience with Clinton Electric Co. overall and the electrician they sent, Eric Shipley. Communications before the visit were prompt, professional, and geared toward promoting confidence. Electrician was also courteous and professional throughout the visit, provided excellent communications as to expected costs and the diagnostic he was performing, and performed the work quickly and efficiently (tested the wiring, replaced electrical outlets, installed new circuit breaker, and tested to confirm all outlets and the dishwasher were working). Provided email with invoice before leaving the visit. Company communications practices geared toward safety and inspired confidence - dispatcher provided name of electrician before visit; company also texted and emailed photo of electrician prior to visit. Electrician wore mask and followed safe COVID-19 practices. I was very pleased and would use this company again, as well as highly recommend them.

Description of Work
I inadvertently created a power surge in my kitchen when I ran the dishwasher and a knife had been left on the bottom (handle melted). This must have created a power surge which knocked off the power to the outlets by the dishwasher and to the dishwasher itself (it also melted the knife handle).

Work Completed On 06/11/2020

06/09/2020

Joy A.

Easy to replace. Took him 10 minutes to switch out the old for the new. He did not even have to cut the ceiling. Why did it cost over $500 that he charged me a senior citizen. Seriously?

Description of Work
Powder room exhaust fan replacement.

Work Completed On 05/26/2020

Mrs [Member Name Removed], we replaced a ceiling fan and an exhaust fan, did troubleshooting on a circuit, replaced an outlet in the dining room, and identified problems in your electrical panel that need to be addressed. Before any of this work, we quoted you the price out of our price book. After the job, we spoke on the phone and refunded a portion of your bill for the receptacle which you thought we would have installed for free. We always offer seniors a 5% discount. You declined the 15% safety and savings plan discount we offered. We are sorry you are upset about your experience, but aren't sure how we could have handled your service call differently.

06/05/2020

Tyra B.

Professional and did an excellent job

Description of Work
They installed a new ceiling fan and fixed the light switch

Work Completed On 06/04/2020

03/05/2020

Patricia J.

Everything went well. Eric explained the whole process to me. He was on time. Work was completed the same day. Work was neatly done. He cleaned up after work was completed.

Description of Work
main line cable installed

Work Completed On 02/17/2020

Thank you for your review [Member Name Removed]!

01/11/2020

MARIA T.

Russell was prompt, very polite and helpful. He explained everything and pointed out where my old rowhouse differs from newer codes. (Grandfathered until I want to sell.) There was an upsell on an annual plan, but it will save some 15% on some planned upgrades, so I went with it. Dawn, office support, also was friendly and pleasant to work with. She gave me a follow-up call next morning after my multi-company query through Angie's. My inquiry detailed list of three small repairs did not get other takers, so no real cost comparison, but I feel the price was fair-- $500 for about 2 hours, including the plan and dispatch fee.

Description of Work
Outlet replacement, safety survey

Work Completed On 01/10/2020

Thank you for a thorough review of your experience with Clinton Electric. We work hard to make sure our homeowners are happy.

11/14/2019

Edward Z.

Really great experience. Totally upfront pricing. I knew exactly what I was going to pay in the end. Even tho the technician ran into a small problem, my price did not increase. That's terrific. My tech, Jake B was quick and thorough. He explained everything before doing the work and explained what he did afterwards. He was polite and personable. I'll have him back for my next job. Thank you

Description of Work
Changed 2 plugs to GFCI. Relocated 2 outlets and converted to 3-prong.

Work Completed On 11/13/2019

Jennifer R.

Installed generator and provide maintenance agreement.

Description of Work
N/A

Category generator service

Work Completed On 11/08/2019

Thanks [Member Name Removed]. Glad we can help you keep your Generac home standby generator in top shape so it's there when you need it. We appreciate your feedback.

Elka S.

Great! I will hire again. Punctual. Courteous. Patient. Efficient.

Description of Work
new outlet and wiring

Work Completed On 01/05/2019

We are always happy to help. We are glad to hear adding the new circuit in your office has taken care of those flickering lights. We appreciate you. Thanks for leaving a review.

EPHRAIM F.

Very pleased with service. Jordan was very pleasant and extremely knowledgeable about his work. He was able to diagnose why our phones did not charge from the wall socket. He also did multiple replacements of lighting fixtures. Very pleased with the service.

Description of Work
N/A

Work Completed On 10/14/2019

Rachel S.

Great! Jordan was very thorough, kind, a good communicator, and he was attentive to our needs.

Description of Work
N/A

Work Completed On 08/22/2019

Thanks, Mr. [Member Name Removed]. We really strive to take care of customers who trust us to work in their homes. We appreciate the review, and hope we can work together again.

05/06/2019

Rachael C.

At first he didn’t really seem to take the original Call seriously. More about how Hunter isn’t a good fan. Was upfront about price whIch was nice. High end price point to look at fan and outlet. As part of the dx fee I paid and service call he looked at other areas. Did find a major concern which we appreciate and will look into- possibly with the company. However he appeared to become offended when we asked about clarification/law verses code with the smoke detectors. Misleading which made me question more- especially since part of on issue is due to previous professionals saying they will do one thing and didn’t do what was agreed to as part of settlement/legal contract. He became even more defensive. There is a difference between being knowledgeable( which he was) but he was very rude and defensive. Feel like I couldn’t trust him. Lack of professionalism because he would keep bringing it up even though I signed off on it getting done. In the end, the job ( smoke detectors) which came up as part of the diagnostic fee/service wasn’t done. At the end he then said that he was calling bge today to flag the issue ( in the beginning of the visit he said if he sent the picture today they would come and cut our power today). Said this was part of his license requirement. Didn’t appreciate the threat- especially since the issue just came to our attention and he came off as angry that we didn’t complete the lore expensive job. Probably would of if he didn’t misrepresent and continue to bring if up which resulted me in questioning/ him getting mad

Description of Work
Fan/ outlet and smoke detector

Work Completed On 05/06/2019

04/17/2019

Ola F.

Upon calling the company and agreeing to hire the company's electrician, I had intimated him that he would most likely pull a final inspection permit for me. The work was supposed to be corrections made in order for me to pass the final inspection, having hired another company that did the rough-in installation which was passed. He assured me that it won't be a problem for his company to pull a permit for me. On finishing the job, I called him to inform him that I would want him to go to ahead apply for inspection thereby pulling a permit. As previously agreed, the technician now informed his Manager, Jeff Pat, of my intentions to file a permit. I was surprised when on a call with the manager, he said it would cost $268 to pull the permit. After a lot of deliberation, it occurred to me that I would have to pay the $268, to which I grudgingly obliged. He now went further to demand another $350 for the technician to come in to inspect the previous electrical installation pertaining to the work. At that point, I felt he was trying to exploit the situation, so I declined. I was wondering why would this company want to recheck the prior installation which has been certified and passed by the County officials? Whose inspection is superior, the county's or the company's? All efforts to get the issue amicably resolved has proven abortive. I am dismayed that such sharp practices by acclaimed 'certified' companies on Angies List could be so unprofessional! I know this is a country of laws and I would try to see this to a reasonable conclusion by exploring all available options. So beware, this is a rogue company and sure doesn't have a place in a decent society.

Description of Work
Installation of 2 wall outlets and a box trim.

Work Completed On 04/12/2019

There seems to be some confusion here. We can't pull a permit for another contractor's work AFTER the fact. You'll need to have the original permit resolved before we can pull a new one.

02/15/2019

Mark G.

Clinton Electric is a very professional organization: responsive, efficient, quality materials, excellent workmanship and a reasonable price. Jordan Mayer, the electrician, who performed the installation was outstanding. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Replacement of 100 amp power service cable and circuit breaker panel.

Work Completed On 02/13/2019

09/10/2018

Richard M.

The work was great but they were not punctual (meaning did not arrive in their 6 hour window). It was also very pricey for 40 minutes worth of work.

Description of Work
Hang/Install new light fixture in my foyer

Work Completed On 09/10/2018

Mr [Member Name Removed] we are sorry to read that you had this experience. Punctuality is a point of pride for us, and we make extra effort to contact homeowners when our electricians are in route so you don't waste time waiting around. We will take a deeper dive into the particulars of your call and see if there is anything we can do to improve our processes in the future. Thank you for the feedback.

02/25/2018

Matthew H.

First off this was an emergency call. It was definitely a fire hazard from a little bit of sizzling and sparking of the box. They came out right away when a couple others I called would not. So they got an A for responsiveness and punctuality. After 20-30 minutes of watching the box waiting for a spark to find that was the problem he found the issue was that there was 2 of the same type of wire that were wired too closely in the box. Therefore causing those wires to short and spark. So he just relocated 1 of the wires. So no parts were needed and took him less than an hour. However the price was ridiculous. They charged $302. I am pretty sure they added on extra cause they did an emergency call, and thats understandable, but it still seemed too high for no parts and less than an hour. While I was happy with their work, I would not use them again because of their pricing.

Description of Work
Lights were flickering on several lights all on the same breaker. Also heard sizzling and sparking sound from the box.

Work Completed On 09/25/2017

01/05/2018

William B.

The work went well as it was a very simple swap of light fixtures with no specialized work; however, the charge was $900. An additional $200 was charged to investigate dual switching. A 2 minute look at the switch determined that existing wiring was not in place. The net result is that I paid the electrician $275/hour for labor. I provided all materials. Shame on me for not getting competing estimates. I've since gotten estimates to replace the same light: one was $300 and the other $425. I contacted the service manager, but was not successful in getting a partial refund or any other remedy. Clinton Electric considers their pricing strategy to be fair. I disagree. My advice is to get competing quotes ALWAYS! Otherwise, you can expect to pay excessive labor rates with Clinton Electric.

Description of Work
1. I need a hallway track light with a new track light that I provided. 2. Investigate whether or not existing wiring was in place to enable light switching from both ends of the hall (currently switchable from one end of hall).