John Krause Construction

Founded 1998 • With Angi since July 2013

John Krause Construction, Inc. is an unparalleled team of professionals dedicated to the mission of custom home design and building. Together the John Krause team creates a superlative custom home building and home improvement experience tailored to the needs, wants and dreams of each client. We

Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

Gardner Home BuiltA Service Provider's profile imageA Service Provider's profile image

general contractors (64)lawn & landscaping (32)interior painting (26)roofing (26)decks & porches (25)siding companies (18)drywall (15)home remodeling (14)window replacement (14)garage building (13)door installation (11)house painting (11)

10/06/2022

Michele E.

John Krause Construction recently replaced my roof. I am very pleased with the quality of the work and the price we paid. Their crew was professional and courteous, and a pleasure to work with. They took extra care to clean up my entire yard and ensure I was happy with the job. I would highly recommend this company for any and all home improvement projects.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Work Completed On 07/13/2022

11/22/2021

Carline C.

After doing much research I hired John Krause Construction for a very large project: Sunroom addition, deck, patio, front hardscape and landscape with design of my entire house and yard! John came out personally and was very honest and his pricing was fair. They did an amazing job taking my vision and making it a reality. The crews were efficient and responsive. I will use them in the future.

Description of Work
Sunroom addition, deck, patio, hardscaping, design and landscaping

Category decks, landscaping, mulch, interior painters, sunrooms, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 09/29/2021

Review for John Krause Construction - 11519 HG Truman Rd, Lusby, MD - 39551254

11/18/2021

Belinda C.

To say it went perfect would be an understatement. We could not be more pleased with the craftmanship, the staff, the materials, and the professional construction we had done from this company. The photos of both bathrooms do not even do it justice because we can't capture the entire room with one photo. We have never had such amazing construction done by any contractor in the 32 years of home ownership, prior to this company. They do it all. Indoor, outdoor, heavy construction, light construction. They had to relocate HVAC ducts, plumbing, electric, and move some walls. They are a one-stop shop!! Prices were extremely reasonable.

Description of Work
Two MAJOR Bathroom demolitions and remodeling

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, lighting, plastering, plumbing, wallpaper removal, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 08/16/2021

Review for John Krause Construction - 11519 HG Truman Rd, Lusby, MD - 39547722

08/04/2021

Mike H.

Daniel and his partner installed new appliances and tile in my kitchen, I had new counter tops installed as well in my kitchen and master bathroom. I also used John Krause for a repair to my shed from water damage again Daniel and his partner did an excellent job for me. Very please with Daniel and his work. I believe Daniel is a sub-contractor for John Krause, but none the less in my opinion he did really good work and communicated with every step of the way.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel and master bathroom

Category ceramic tile, countertops, siding, home remodeling

Work Completed On 08/04/2021

10/07/2020

Niki P.

John and his team did another amazing job on our new kitchen. This is the third project we’ve had them do for us and we will continue to go back for future projects. We are always extremely impressed with the customer service and the crew’s attention to detail. This is truly a top-notch company that we would recommend for any job.

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel

Category countertops, remodeling, basement waterproofing, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/07/2020

09/30/2020

Tammy C.

We had an amazing experience with John Krause Construction. We originally called them because our basement kept getting water in it every time it rained. While they were at our house for the basement waterproofing estimate we had them take a look at our deck and kitchen just to get an idea of the pricing. Once we received the estimate we decided to move forward with all of the work because we were able to get a great deal for doing all of the projects at the same time. We are beyond satisfied with the results and will definitely call them again for any future projects.

Description of Work
Waterproofing Basement, kitchen renovation, rebuilding deck

Category decks, remodeling, basement waterproofing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 07/27/2020

08/06/2020

Rebecca L.

Other than delays due to getting material because of Covid. The guys came and did a great job. I would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
New deck and sliding door

Category decks, doors

Work Completed On 07/13/2020

Review for John Krause Construction - 11519 HG Truman Rd, Lusby, MD - 38776907

07/20/2020

Crystal O.

Troy and his team were on point! They leveled a 38x18 foot rectangle for a swimming pool on a 15 degree grade hill! They also did not leave a huge pile of dirt for us to deal with and planting grass. They were punctual and pleasant to have at the house working.

Description of Work
Ground leveled for pool

Category excavators, swimming pools

Work Completed On 07/20/2020

[Member Name Removed]: Thank you for the review! We strive to complete all projects in a timely and professional manner. Thank you again for the opportunity to serve you. John Krause Construction

03/25/2020

David D.

Overall, I had an outstanding experience with everyone from John Krause Construction. Their customer service was most impressive. They asked about and worked around my schedule, were all prompt, courteous and friendly, and showed a true desire to complete the work to my satisfaction. Their explanations of the work to be done and the time it would take were clear and accurate. They started the work in less than a week after I signed the contract, and completed it in a week. This was well beyond my expectations since a lot needed to be done, including drywall repair and painting some hard to reach areas, shingle repair, gutter cleaning, and concrete step repair. Their cost estimate was competitive and fair. There were a couple hiccups along the way, including matching the interior paint color and trouble with installing a door handle, but everything worked out ok. I would certainly hire them again for any general home repairs/improvements.

Description of Work
Interior and exterior painting, concrete repair, gutter cleaning, roof shingle repair

Category gutter cleaning, handyman service, masonry, roofing, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 03/17/2020

02/19/2020

Sherry W.

We had a abasement apartment that was a Mess... Krause Construction came in and gutted our bathroom and kitchen. Redesigned both . Redid all the plumbing and electrical. Put a pocket door going into the bathroom which worked out great. Put new flooring in all rooms. We had them put a barn door going into the play room. Great job I love it. They put 5 new windows in the apartment. Painted all walls. Also redid my so called laundry room. Now it looks like a laundry room. Yea! New walls and floor. Krause Construction did an excellent job. My husband and I love the crew they were great guys. Not only was the work excellent but they kept us informed of what they were doing. When they started we said take your time. BUT my husband and I had someone special to us coming into town and asked if we could have the apartment done a lot sooner. Well Mike and Robert said they would do the best they could to have it done. They Did It... We would definitely refer Krause Construction to everyone. Thank you, Larry & Sherry W.

Description of Work
Remodeled our Basement Apartment

Category contractors, countertops, drywall, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, replacement windows, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 02/18/2020

02/01/2020

Diana A.

Excellent! Professional crew. Very polite. Cleaned up daily. Punctual. A pleasure to work with!

Description of Work
New windows

Category replacement windows

Work Completed On 01/27/2020

Review for John Krause Construction - 11519 HG Truman Rd, Lusby, MD - 38365584

01/08/2020

Suzanne A.

The most unprofessional construction company owner I have ever done business with. On one occasion he called us in somewhat of a rage, ranted (yelled) in a raised voice and proceeded to tell us that any issues that had occurred were our fault not his. We live in Eastport and his crews come from Lusby making the work day on average 4 to 6 hours max with an occasional 8 hour day (2 that we counted and someone is here most days). We had 3 different project managers on a three season porch all of which did not communicate and when communication failed it was our fault even though we had e-mail proof of our communication to the project manager at the time. His contract was vague as written and when the project got to 5th plus month he again blamed us for the delays accusing us of making changes during the project and then inaccurately telling us that items that were documented as part of the project in the contract where never part of the original estimate. Any changes (2 documented change orders) were approved in writing by his project managers. He now owes us 26k for work not completed and refuses to refund the money. We have built custom homes and had a number of large remodeling projects in our past and I have never worked with an owner as unprofessional as this. In our opinion do not use them if you live anywhere in Annapolis! The crews are good guys but the management team is not in sync and the owner blames the customer and either outright lies to you or is just totally misinformed by his staff.

Description of Work
Three Season Room, Garage addition.

Category remodeling, garage builders, sunrooms

Work Completed On 12/31/2019

Harold D.

The work was fine and it was satisfactory. The workers were capable, the main guy manager have to charged me for safety equipment but they didn't actually use it..

Description of Work
They did a roof repair.

Work Completed On 06/15/2019

William B.

Very good. The carpenters were confident, skillful, and they were also courteous.

Description of Work
They build an enclosed deck.

Category decks

Work Completed On 08/15/2019

Edward B.

Very good and they went fine. They just came in and did the work and their price was reasonable.

Description of Work
They did housecleaning of the house and they did an exterior painting.

Category house cleaning, house painters

Work Completed On 09/23/2019

Susan F.

Very well, the workers were polite, worked hard and cleaned up afterwards. We would recommend them highly!

Description of Work
We had two decks torn down and replaced.

Category decks, basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 03/15/2019

Review for John Krause Construction - 11519 HG Truman Rd, Lusby, MD - 38992625

Donnie S.

Great job by the whole crew went smoothly from start to finish

Description of Work
Roof & Window Replacement

Category roofing, replacement windows

Work Completed On 04/02/2019

Christine B.

Overall the work was ok. It took longer than expected, some weeks they did not come, nor did they call to let me know what was up. I had to call them. Being the paying customer I should be apprised of everything along the way and I shouldn't have to call to find out. Otherwise work was done, looks nice and the workers were accommodating.

Description of Work
Remove wall and create archway

Category contractors

Work Completed On 10/11/2019

Barb E.

The job went well. Even small problems were handled. The contractor did need to oversee subcontractor for roof better. They agree. They kept me in the loop well most of the time and had numerous suggestions that were helpful. Big quality was top rate because the people doing the work where that type of crew. That makes all the difference for any job.

Description of Work
Addition & Covered Porch

Category contractors, decks, roofing, siding

Work Completed On 10/02/2019

Mary J.

After a bit of a slow start due to some crew changes, they completed a custom designed deck that is sturdy and beautiful. We are very pleased with the quality of the finished deck.

Description of Work
New Deck

Category decks

Work Completed On 08/01/2019

09/17/2019

Elizabeth E.

John Krause Construction came to our rescue when another company abandoned our project and moved out of state. They were very sympathetic to our situation and made us priority. Everyone was professional and efficient. The owner was very accommodating and knowledgeable and helped us understand what and how things needed to be completed to code. Will recommend to others.

Description of Work
Basement finish

Category basement remodeling

Work Completed On 09/17/2019

09/09/2019

Roger H.

Smoothly. They rebuilt the stair supports and were able to reuse the decking boards so that it would remain matched to the rest of the porch and decking. They warned me that they could not guarantee the reuse of the boards until the stairs were demolished and I appreciated the care they took removing the boards. Felt that I was given an accurate assessment of the extent of the job and they completed it in excellent time.

Description of Work
Rebuild porch stairs that had rotted out after 9 years

Category decks, deck cleaning, woodworking

Work Completed On 08/29/2019

04/29/2019

Harry D.

Prompt service. Quoted a price of $800, which I thought was a little on the high side. I wasn't expecting to pay more than $500. The contractor said the price was higher because his workers would need to use extra safety gear due to the steep pitch of my roof. The workers showed up early the next day, went up to the roof with a ladder and began replacing shingles without any safety gear. The whole job took less than 30 minutes.

Description of Work
Had some roof singles replaced after they were blown away by high winds.