J.F. Meyer Construction Company Inc

Founded 1974 • With Angi since July 2011

PO Box 68

Lothian, MD 20711

J.F. Meyer Construction Company Inc. is the premier company for fine home renovation and construction. Our services include renovation of historic and contemporary structures as well as full service repair and maintenance on all components of your buildings. Our experienced craftsmen will transform your project into all your expectations of quality, timeliness and budget. Our close association with architects, historic preservationists and quality suppliers will ensure an exceptional job. Also servicing the District of Columbia....

11/01/2016

Brad B.

Jim came by and gave me an estimate that turned out to be much higher than the job eventually cost. Once the hidden areas were revealed he was able to do the job at about a third of the estimated cost. I was so pleased with the work, I had him do a lot more. I'm fully satisfied with the work done and will use him again.

Description of Work
I removed a deck and found that the wood on the house behind the deck was rotten. This included siding and structural members. The damage was extensive.

Category decks,remodeling,siding,woodworking

07/20/2015

AUDREY B.

see above

Description of Work
I contacted Mr. Meyer for an estimate to acquire a home improvement grant from Dept. of Historic Preservation. I was unsuccessful in my attempt but Mr. Meyer provided on site estimates and documentation as requested in a timely and professional manner. The only reason I did not use his services was that I was denied the grant and thereafter became extremely ill and could not afford to do the project without the grant.

Category remodeling

Thank you, Mrs. {member name removed} and I hope that you will be feeling better soon and good luck with all of your endeavors. Jim

03/10/2015

Ann M.

They have worked for the past 10 years. It was great. Their quality was excellent.

Description of Work
They did a ton of work. I had a bathroom redone. I had the siding of my house replaced. I had my deck resurfaced. I had windows and doors replaced. It was a major home construction and painting. I had also carpets replaced. My most recent services were interior painting, carpeting and other construction work to prepare the house for sale.

Category carpet installation,flooring contractor,remodeling,siding,replacement windows,home remodeling,interior painters,doors

I'm happy that everything worked out well and that you were able to sell the house so quickly. It was a pleasure working for you again and I look forward to helping you on future projects.

01/20/2014

barbara C.

Jim Meyer was very professional and exact in what work would be done in his proposal. Thou it took longer than expected ( because of bad weather conditions) his team of contractors got the job done to our satisfaction. We are waiting to have them do more work inside. Overall, I would give them an A and recommend them highly.

Description of Work
Siding, 6 new windows, interior repair and painting.

Category remodeling,siding,replacement windows,interior painters

It was a pleasure working for you and in helping to rehabilitate the back of the house. Thank you for the business. Jim

12/04/2012

Greta F.

Mr. Myers showed up on time and asked me several questions about my project. I decided to go with someone else, called Mr. Myers and informed him, he was very gracious. I will consider using him in the future he was well prepared, knowledgeable, prompt and professional. The only reason I didn't use him is because I had other people look at the project and went with them before he had the opportunity to give me an estimate.

Description of Work
No work performed.

Category decks

03/29/2012

Joan T.

He is my general contractor and I have been using him for quite a few years. He does a wonderful job with maintaining my house which is from the 1850’s. He understands old homes. I would use him again in the future as I have more work to do.

Description of Work
I used J F Meyer Painting & Decorating Inc to install a trap door in one of the bathrooms. He also fixed a wobbly staircase where the banister was old.

Category woodworking

03/28/2012

Sally R.

JE Meyer and crew were punctual, personable, professional, competent, efficient, tidy, respectful and knowledgeable to the highest degree. The price was competitive. The end result impeccable.

Description of Work
Rebuild 2 chimneys damaged by earthquake.Repaint 3rd chimney. Reflash 3 chimneys, repair roof, interior fireplace repair on one chimney.

Category roofing,chimney repair,fireplaces

Sorry it took a while to respond to your review, I am glad everything worked out well. It was great working for you. Jim

02/06/2012

Elizabeth D.

He and his crew use brushes to paint the outside of the home. The paint is excellent quality. He is not pushy and he did not suggest to me things that I did not want to do. He is a really nice guy. I have been using him for about 20 years. He pays attention to detail.

Description of Work
He painted the outside of the house. He also did some plastering on the inside of the house. He replaced the deck and sealed some skylights.

Category decks,plastering,remodeling,deck cleaning,skylights,house painters

J. F. Meyer Construction loves working with Angie's List members. Jim

08/22/2011

Joan T.

He is a superb craftsman who really understands old homes. He has won 2 awards for restoring older homes. My home is on the national register of historic homes and his work was approved by the Maryland Historic Trust. He does it once and does it right. Whenever I call him, he will come over to fix things no matter how small the job. He is a really nice guy. He helps assess the things that need done.

Description of Work
He did my restoration on the outside of my home and now he does my maintenance.

Category decks,gutter repair,remodeling,house painters

Angie's List members are the greatest. We love working on architecturally significantly historic houses. Jim

08/16/2011

Jose Q.

I was referred to this company by a friend, and was delighted by their work. The workers were polite and kept the whole job clean and tidy which was a surprise to me. The estimate was fair and there were no surprises at the end. I would use this company again.

Description of Work
Company modified/ repaired all my kitchen cabinets. Installed new kitchen counter tops. Painted kitchen.

Category countertops,gutter repair,remodeling,home remodeling,interior painters,cabinet refacing

J. F. Meyer Construction appreciates working with Angie's List members. They are consistently the best customers! Jim

Kelly Property Management of AA County LLC

Kelly Property Management of Anne Arundel County, LLC. A Better Way to Rent Real Estate! One-stop real estate website for all your Residential Property Management needs. If you will be vacating your home and just curious what your options are or have an investment home please give me a call to review how my services my fit your needs. Looking forward to earning your business.

Cabinet Restoration Company LLC

The Cabinet Restoration Company is your cabinetry expert specializing in the restoration of kitchen cabinetry. It is our commitment to provide the highest level of customer service and quality to our clientele. Our highly skilled staff of craftsman have over 22 years of experience each and use only the highest quality solid wood products. This allows us to provide our customers with results that are guaranteed to be beautiful, durable, and affordable. "Our job is not done until you are completely satisfied!" The Cabinet Restoration Company can balance budget and artistry to meet your individual needs.

Offers by Cabinet Restoration Company LLC on Angi
    Capital Cabinet Refacing

At Capital Cabinet Refacing, we have provided expert kitchen and bath cabinet refacing services for over 30 years in Maryland, DC, and Virginia. Whether you need to reface the cabinets in your bathroom, kitchen, or any other room in your home, we have the skills and expertise necessary to make sure project is a complete success.

Offers by Capital Cabinet Refacing on Angi
    Check, Visa, MasterCard

Remodeling, General Construction, Carpentry, Renovation, Historic Restoration, Construction Management, General Contracting,Building Repair, Millwork, Windows & Doors, Shutters, Cabinets, Mouldings, Flooring, Tile, Roofing & Guttering, Siding, Brick Re-Pointing,Chimney Re-Lining, Property Management.

NA