J&R Chavez Landscaping LLC

Founded 2006 • With Angi since June 2010

Thank you for visiting our website! As you browse around, we hope to inspire you for all your outdoor living needs. J&R Chavez Landscaping is located in Southern Maryland and we specialize in patios, walkways, driveways, retaining walls, pool decks, grading, seeding, sod, trees, shrubs, mulch, lawn

LandscapingA Service Provider's profile imageA Service Provider's profile image

lawn & landscaping (66)lawn care (38)mulch delivering (18)concrete repair (10)hardscaping (9)tree service (7)

10/18/2022

Charles W.

In early July Mr. Chavez came to give me an estimate on installing a flagstone pathway from the edge of my lawn to the front of my shed. To his credit Mr. Chavez showed up on time and very much engaged when I discussed my hardscaping needs. He took some measurements, made some recommendations and said he could also install some small shrubs adjacent to the walkway. I asked Mr. Chavez for an approximate cost to do the work. His estimate seemed reasonable (based on my past projects) and I told him he had the work provided his written proposal was within a few hundred dollars of his verbal estimate. He said that was fine but then told me that he did not know exactly when the work would start but it would be in August. In early September I still had no word from Mr. Chavez so given my verbal commitment to him I was not able to look for a hardscape contractor who truly wanted the work. Given my project was a small one, Mr. Chavez may have found larger projects that offered him a greater profit.

Description of Work
Hardscaping

Category concrete repair, hardscaping

Work Completed On 10/18/2022

11/23/2020

Ray D.

Jose is a very personable and talented landscaper. He responded immediately to my request for a quote and provided it the same day. Our yard was a mess as expected after replacing a septic drain field, so it needed topsoil, grading to restore water flow in the proper direction, and a new lawn. Jose and his team have obviously done this before and expertly restored our yard to it's original condition in about a day and a half. The 5,000 sq ft of sod installed blends in perfectly with the rest of the lawn and the 5,000+ sq ft seeded area is filling in great. Jose loves his work, does it extremely well, and truly enjoys helping people. I would recommend him to anyone and only regret that I didn't find him sooner.

Description of Work
Grading, seeding, sod installation

Category landscaping, lawn service

Work Completed On 10/15/2020

09/08/2020

Elom L.

He reached out to me and said he would come by my property the following day (after our call) to estimate the job and do the job but he never showed up and didn’t call either.

Description of Work
Mow a 1/4 to 1 acre

Category lawn service

Work Completed On 09/08/2020

09/05/2020

Bill C.

So far. Very good. Jose is professional and friendly

Description of Work
Awaiting estimate for work discussed

Category concrete repair, landscaping

Work Completed On 09/05/2020

08/04/2020

Marjorie W.

It is a pleasure for me to provide feedback on this team! Wow!! I don't think I've ever seen such commitment to excellent work and excellent service! I wouldn't recommend another company to do pavers, concrete, or landscaping work. The attention to detail was absolutely amazing! They transformed the front and the back of my home with beautiful pavers, hand cutting each piece and laying each one of them so symmetrically. I've had at least half a dozen neighbors stop in to see their work and ask for a business card! And the clean up...my goodness. Each day they wrapped up everything, put tools away, and keep everything so tidy and clean. I really appreciated that. No mud and dirt everywhere...it was incredible! During my consult, I shared my vision with Jose and his team created the design for the back patio, the walkway, and a new front porch. I trusted his expertise and wow - it is so beautiful. They understand your investment and they deliver quality materials, quality work, and a strong commitment to make customers happy. I could not be happier as a customer and would highly recommend them if you are considering work for your yard! They transformed my Dad's property too - gave his yard a HUGE face lift with incredible landscaping as well. They are beyond a 10 in my book!!

Description of Work
Paver Installation

Work Completed On 07/23/2020

06/12/2020

T C.

Had an appointment and they never showed up.

Description of Work
Aeration Services

04/29/2020

Marsha J.

Excellent lawn care, fast and proficient.

Description of Work
Lawn service

Category concrete repair, lawn service

04/29/2020

A. Smith W.

After several days of rain in Oxon Hill, MD and overgrown grass, my mowed lawn looks great. The fee quoted for regular lawn mowing was fair. I will use again. Thank you!

Description of Work
Routine lawn mowing.

Category lawn service

04/24/2020

John and Mia R.

Basically threw out the deal, said it’s was no longer available and told me he would give me a quote. So I said fine he can come to see what I want done and, we can go from there. Never showed, never reached out to me saying he couldn’t come, just a sloppy non responsive company. This is the second time I have tried to use a coupon deal with these crooks, each time they weasel their way out of honoring the deal. Won’t ever, ever even look at these jokers again.

Description of Work
Some dead shrubs removed, old mulch removed, then wanted new shrubs planted with white stone added to flower bed.

Category concrete repair, lawn service

Work Completed On 04/06/2020

04/13/2020

Nancy B.

One of the three called contacted me was suppose to had come by my home to look at it. I don't recall which one it was. This person did not come by and I do understand the reason why because of the virus that is going on.

Description of Work
Grass cutting

Work Completed On 04/01/2020

04/03/2020

Kim S.

It went extremely well. The company took before and after pictures for me to see the work that was done. The company did a very good job. I've already gotten compliments on the work from neighbors. Thank you so much! I know it was hard work.

Description of Work
This is a rental home I'm selling and wanted some added>< curb appeal. The company cleared the weeds, mulched the whole yard, removed down tree limbs and trimmed all the bushes and trees.

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch, tree service

Work Completed On 03/26/2020

Review for J&R Chavez Landscaping LLC - 47400 Sewell Rd, Lexington Park, MD - 38477424

this is jose from j&r Chavez landscaping I just wanted to thank you for the opportunity I know we didn't ha a chance to meet in person but it was very nice talking to you over the phone thank you so much

03/11/2020

Kristen B.

Jose was great! Communication was effortless and the prices were very reasonable. My lawn looks great and I couldn't be happier with how it turned out. Will definitely be using again this spring.

Description of Work
Landscaping, leveling, and over-seeding

Work Completed On 10/11/2019

01/10/2020

Irvin S.

Mr. Chavez and his crew transformed our back yard into a beautiful gathering spot for our family and friends. They are hardworking professionals that take pride in doing their work.

Description of Work
Hardscaping and drainage mitigation.

Work Completed On 01/10/2020

Review for J&R Chavez Landscaping LLC - 47400 Sewell Rd, Lexington Park, MD - 38324110

10/25/2019

Sue P.

The owner came to the house within 2 days to assess the work that needed to be done. It was scheduled and completed as requested and looks great.

Description of Work
yard cleanup

Work Completed On 10/24/2019

09/16/2019

Regena T.

I spoke to the owner and he advised he would stop by and give me an estimate. I sent all of my information to him via text; he never responded.

Description of Work
I required lawn and shrub manicuring

Work Completed On 09/16/2019

06/15/2019

Andre W.

It went extremely well. Would hire again.

Description of Work
Had issues with pavers sinking in places weeds growing between pavers in overall did not look good. I hired J & R Chavez landscaping, LLC to remove pavers and sand and rebuild from the bottom up with existing pavers. The company did any outstanding job, was always on time, workers worked and did not lollygag. Very happy and would use again.

Category hardscaping

Work Completed On 06/15/2019

05/28/2019

April H.

They need a good job, they did very well on my patio. I will hire them again for some more work on my house; Thank you for you professionalism and hard work

Description of Work
Patio and Paver

Category hardscaping

Work Completed On 05/24/2019

hi this is jose from j&r Chavez landscaping you are welcome and thank you for choosing us to do your hardscape project I really appreciate thank you very much

12/17/2018

Melvin S.

This work was great. Very professional and conscientious team. Performed tasks and the yard was clean and no trash left behind. Additionally, when working in the yard, some plants are usually trampled. It goes with the territory. But this team cleaned, mowed and the plants survived with minimal shock. The team arrives, does the job, and leave.

Description of Work
Mow and treat lawn. Tree removal

Category landscaping, lawn service

Work Completed On 12/15/2018

12/04/2018

Shirley P.

They worked continuously & very hard. We needed the work done badly

Description of Work
Shrubbery needed cutting back & cleaned up

Work Completed On 11/09/2018

11/02/2018

Idell .

Jose and his crew were prompt, patient and professional. The work was better than we expected. Very pleased with the service provided. We will use them again. We highly recommend them! A+ service! Looks much better in person than the photos.

Description of Work
Provided a detailed design of the work we wanted done. Removed old plants, trees, and hedges from existing flowerbeds. Replaced the soil in flowerbeds. Added an additional flower bed to front yard. Installed stone walls around the flower beds, and trees. Landscaped with Trees, Perennials and Mulch.

Work Completed On 05/15/2018

Review for J&R Chavez Landscaping LLC - 47400 Sewell Rd, Lexington Park, MD - 37526736

10/15/2018

William E.

On Saturday, September 22, 2018, I sought a vendor from Angie's List to perform the wild shrubbery removal project. On September 23, Mr. Chavez contacted me and offered to give me a quote on my project. On September 27, Mr. Chavez came to my home and inspected the work to be done; at that time, he discovered that in fact two wild trees had fallen onto my back yard from a neighboring wooded area. He gave me a quote of $750 to remove the fallen trees and wild shrubbery, and an additional $50 to trim my own shrubbery. I accepted Mr. Chavez's quoted price; and, on the following day, Mr. Chavez returned and performed the work on which we had agreed. He was punctual, professional, and thorough; and I am pleased with the work done.

Description of Work
Removal of wild shrubbery from my back yard

Work Completed On 09/28/2018

Review for J&R Chavez Landscaping LLC - 47400 Sewell Rd, Lexington Park, MD - 37475696

09/28/2018

Regina B.

Very neat and they cleaned up after themselves. Checked with me first before performing work.I was very satisfied with the results.7

Description of Work
Landscaping and Lawn mowing

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch

Work Completed On 09/26/2018

09/10/2018

Jason L.

Excellent, outside their usual tasking type but they handled it very well

Description of Work
cleanup of leaves and dog poop