Maryland Movers

Founded 1999 • With Angi since June 2010

Maryland Movers is a family owned & operated moving company based in Baltimore MD. We are proud to service Maryland, Washington D.C., & Northern Virginia. At Maryland Movers, we strive for happy customers, & want to ensure that everyone has a wonderful moving experience. Additional phone number -

movers (69)piano movers (4)

04/22/2022

Lili J.

You owe it to yourself to Hire Maryland Movers. Don’t even consider anyone else! They are the most efficient, careful, and reliable movers ever. We have used many movers over the years and no one else even comes close. Luis and his crew were perfection. 5 Stars!!

Description of Work
Interstate move with multiple stops

Work Completed On 04/21/2022

10/15/2020

Andrew C.

they were great, the service was good, price was good, My wife really liked him and was happy with the service.

Description of Work
Local move

Work Completed On 08/31/2020

09/09/2020

Sue M.

It went very well. The communication from Malinda was professional and she was very responsive. The movers arrived on time and worked quickly and drove the truck to Baltimore and moved into a 4th floor apartment. The entire move took 4 hours and was completed perfectly. Thank you!!

Description of Work
Moving into a new apartment for my son into college

Category moving companies, car transport

Work Completed On 08/18/2020

Review for Maryland Movers - 9327 Washington Blvd N, Laurel, MD - 38860853

08/18/2020

Courtney C.

What a disappointment that we have to drive from NC to MD to file a small claims lawsuit against this company. From a heartbreaking move of destruction to the non responsiveness of the sales, operations and management team of Maryland Movers. Now that we are filing a claims against them I guess someone will need to respond. What a shame! This could have been handled with a touch of professionalism and instead not a word. Now we will let a judge decide.

Description of Work
Moving Homes between MD and NC

Category moving companies, car transport

Work Completed On 06/17/2020

08/10/2020

Richard C.

The team was professional and courteous. But they literally destroyed our furniture. We tried to get compensated, which is impossible because they did more damage to our high end furniture than what we paid them to move us. Which was $8k. Some really high end furniture was damaged including washing machine , dining room set, kitchen set , the list goes on. It appears as if they just threw it in the truck and were trying to preserve space. Our sales guy ( named Gai) has blown us off knowing that we are now in N.C. and I guess he feels we will just let this go and not sue. Really horrible customer experience.

Description of Work
Move from Md to N.C.

Work Completed On 06/17/2020

05/19/2020

Pat S.

We hired Maryland Movers to move our first floor furniture to our garage so we could have our hardwood floors refinished. Maryland Movers was professional from the first contact. They provided excellent service, arrived on time, took great care to protect and store our furniture. Then they were flexible with the move back date. Again, they arrived on time, and worked efficiently. On top of that, they were very reasonably priced. I would recommend them to everyone.

Description of Work
Moving furniture

Work Completed On 05/19/2020

12/16/2019

Fouad P.

Fantastic - the team was very professional and dealt with a couple challenges unrelated to them well. They worked very hard, very quickly, and were very friendly and professional. The company was also super responsive to any questions we had.

Description of Work
Move from apartment to house

Work Completed On 07/27/2019

10/18/2019

Linda M.

it was fast and the men did a great job

Description of Work
moving moving, moving

Work Completed On 10/18/2019

09/05/2019

scott M.

The entirte group of men were polite, and did everything or wayhting we asked of them! They were fast, careful, and caring! I would hire them over and over!! Luis was a fantastic person to supervise his men and they treated him and us with respect! You cant go wrong with this company!

Description of Work
ove full house of furniture and everything across town.

Work Completed On 09/28/2019

07/16/2019

Michelle W.

Maryland Movers is a family owned and operated moving company. They provided a free estimate for the move and adhered to their estimate. The job required a bit more manpower than originally anticipated due to one item that was extremely heavy. The office manager quickly responded by sending help and ensured that the help was also available when the item needed to be returned to my home. All of the guys who worked to move our items were professional and worked hard to get the job done in a timely manner. I would definitely recommend and hire Maryland Movers again.

Description of Work
Move items from house and return after flooring work was completed.

Work Completed On 07/06/2019

11/24/2018

WILLIAM B.

Arrived on time, very professional men.

Description of Work
Moved from Joppa, MD to Selbyville, DE

Work Completed On 11/19/2018

08/10/2018

David C.

Maryland Movers did a fabulous job! They made an estimate appointment in a timely manner, explained the pricing, and stood by it on moving day. The men wrapped every piece of furniture to make sure our belongings were protected. They were polite and professional, and they worked **** ** a hot day.

Description of Work
moving services

Work Completed On 08/08/2018

06/11/2018

Lauren C.

Exceptional job. Completed the entire move in less time than anticipated while taking great care of our things and home (including a piano). Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Moving from town home to single family home.

Work Completed On 06/09/2018

06/03/2018

m J.

We needed the contents of a small townhouse to be moved to a 3rd floor apartment. My lifelong friend, a realtor, recommended Maryland Movers. He recommends no other. I checked the reputation of the company, and it was excellent. I contacted the company owner, Gai, and he surveyed the house contents within hours. The following week, Tim and Fred arrived as promised. I have helped more than 20 friends move over the last 30 years. I have personally moved to new homes four times. I wish that my friends and I had the talent and level of care that Tim and Fred exhibited during this move. They thoroughly wrapped all of the mattresses, box springs, and large furniture items, and took excellent care of all of our other belongings, as well. No time was wasted, and everything was placed exactly where it should be in the new home. I will make Maryland Movers my only call if I have to move again. I will recommend this company to all of my friends and to anyone who asks. On time, careful, fair, polite, genuinely nice people who work hard and get the job done. These are the hallmarks of the small company that I started and continue to own. Maryland Movers uses the same standards. By the way, Tim and Fred moved us in the pouring rain - no problem. I welcome contact for verification by any reader of this review. Martin Johnson email: tkam21044@hotmail.com

Description of Work
Moved all furniture and other belongings from a townhouse to a 3rd floor apartment.

Work Completed On 05/31/2018

05/24/2018

Ebony F.

They were awesome! They were kind, moved as quickly as possible, asked questions, navigated through small room doors with big furniture. They knicked a wall on the way out but came to patch and paint very quickly. They also were a little late and time was under estimated (9.5 hrs vs 11.5) but price didn’t increase. They spent 3 hrs at the old house, 3hrs a the storage unit before grabbing lunch on the go! Their work ethic is amazing. They are very professional and careful! I would use them again.

Description of Work
Moved from townhome to single family home. A piano was moved. A storage unit was emptied.

Work Completed On 05/23/2018

01/08/2018

Regina C C.

Great! The owner came to the hold house and walked through everything with me, and gave me an estimate for the move. He was very thorough and asked a lot of questions, which I appreciated. They offered us free boxes for moving, and the free use of wardrobe boxes as well. On moving day they showed up on time (even a few minutes early) and were really hard workers. The move actually took a bit longer than predicted, but they have a price guarantee so we didn't pay any extra. At the new house there was some furniture (that we bought from the prior owners) and they willingly helped us move that around. They were extremely careful with everything, wrapping all the furniture in protective cloths. I would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
Moving to a new house, including moving a very old piano and a ping pong table. We also had things in a storage unit.

Work Completed On 11/04/2017

12/21/2017

W A.

Very economical; very cordial; very professional; very attentive to customer's needs! Every party of the team represented the company well. Jose and the 2 gentlemen who actually did the move were 100% service-oriented, very thorough, and reliable. Enjoyed giving my business to a local enterprise. They saved me money by offering me used boxes. Only opportunity for improvement: Would be a good idea for packers/movers to compress pillows, blankets, and linens (like with a spacer saver vacuum sealer or plenty of brawn) to reduce bulk.

Description of Work
2 residential rooms packed up and moved to storage unit.

Work Completed On 12/20/2017

09/04/2017

Julia M.

It went well. It went smoothly and they were quick.

Description of Work
Moved out of entire house and stored for two days and then redelivered.

Work Completed On 08/29/2017

08/23/2017

Roswell E.

The movers were professionals and very polite. They were able to accommodate moving difficuluties like tight spots and staircases. NOT a single item was damage during the move incl dozens of glasses and stemware. I would definitely hire them again and highly recommend!!!!

Description of Work
Moved from Baltimore to DC.

Work Completed On 08/23/2017

08/01/2017

Kelly G.

It went awesome! All the guys were professional and had a great system - wrapped furniture, separated artwork in a fixed space on the truck, unloaded truck and multiple Pods. They even dropped off boxes when we ran out. All in all - 300+ boxes and only one broken bowl. We literally could not have asked for more!

Description of Work
Residential moving

Work Completed On 12/01/2017

07/19/2017

Kate S.

Very well; professional and punctional

Description of Work
Moving from old house to new

Work Completed On 05/05/2017

05/25/2017

Brendan H.

Maryland movers were excellent. On time, worked hard and came in under the quotes price. Luis and his team made our move easy and stress-free.

Description of Work
Moving our 3 story town home to a single family home.

Work Completed On 05/25/2017

05/18/2017

Juan A.

Move went like clockwork, very professional and great communication. Provided recycled boxes for move, arrived on time and were very careful with our belongings. Thanks and would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Moved our 4 BR single family home to 3 level TH to include our pool table.