ARS / Rescue Rooter Laurel

Founded 1945 • With Angi since September 2005

9010 Maier Rd Ste 105

Laurel, MD 20723

For fast and exceptional service for all of your heating, cooling or plumbing needs, call us now: 877-821-8037. ARS/Rescue Rooter is a leading brand of American Residential Services, LLC. We provide heating, air conditioning, indoor air quality, plumbing, drain cleaning and sewer line services in

02/06/2021

Donald L.

The person who came to inspect my air conditioning unit last summer lied to me. He used a meter that showed that my air conditioning unit was "bad" and would need to be repaired ASAP. He quoted me about $1,500 for the repair work. I became suspicious of his claim because my A/C. unit has been working well and I had no problems with it. So, I hired another company to inspect my A/C unit to get a second opinion. I spent $35.00 to get a second opinion, and I'm glad I did. The second company that inspected my A/C unit told me that everything was working well and that I didn't have to spend money on more repair work. He also told me that I didn't need to replace a specific part (which is what the ARS repair person told me I should do) because that part appeared to be brand new and was working well. I vaguely remember having that part replaced only a couple of years ago, so the repair person who gave me the second opinion was right. I really am disappointed with the ARS repair person because I felt he lied to me to get more money. I realize that times are tough right now, but busy homeowners like myself shouldn't be misled or lied to. I will never use ARS again for inspection work, and I decided not to renew my annual contract for inspections of my A/C or heating system. I believe the "inspection" is just a sales tactic to make more money on homeowners who are busy and may not be knowledgeable about units.

Description of Work
Inspect my air conditioning unit

Category appliance repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac

03/18/2020

Margie D.

Excellent service! Arrived on-time and installed all systems in a professional manner. The installers were polite and spent sufficient time explaining the operation of the system. They cleaned up well and were courteous throughout the day. I highly recommend their services.

Description of Work
Complete replacement of existing HVAC system (2 heat pumps, air handlers) plus removal of 2 water heaters and installation of new 80 gal tank.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water heater repair

03/09/2020

LaWanda M.

They were fine, service was fine, been using them for at least 10 years and will definitely use them again moving forward. Very satisfied with their service so far.

Description of Work
Regular Heating and Air Conditioning System Maintenance Service

11/03/2019

Suzanne R.

Plumber could not get the line clear via snaking. Said their excavation team would need to come out. Promised follow-up that didn't happen. We called repeatedly and were told someone would call to schedule. We ended up calling another plumbing service - they came out same day we called and were able to clear the line.

Description of Work
Exterior drain was clogged; water backing up into basement mud room

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

02/03/2019

jady H.

I had no end of headache with their two systems. before & after installation, i asked for the Manual D, J & S. they kept on ignoring me. I finally got a drawing from them that had my passive solar house 180 degrees reversed and the walls made of vermiculite; they are 12" of concrete. then the said the lost them. meanwhile the system cost of operations was ridiculously high; i had the power company put a 1 second monitor on my meter and sure enough the 100 Amp Emergency Heat was for all intents & purposes running continuously. so after 6 months i got their attention and the came out & found out that the motherboard on the system was bad which caused the system to run on emergency heat all the time. 3 yeas after the install i got fed up with ARS and called SMO to take over the maintenance and and inspect the mess. they took a look at the jumble of wires and started tracing wires. all the wires were connected improperly; my Dehumidifier was wired to Humidify; emergency heat was running when it did not need to; the zone control unit was the wrong one ... it was a mess. i spent $3500 to fix their mess. they put their system in my new house, they have no one to blame! NEVER USE THESE PEOPLE!

Description of Work
new installation in new home

11/29/2018

AMELIA C.

They did a good job and showed up on time. I had no complaints on anything and I was pleased with their work and professionalism.

Description of Work
They came out to replace my HVAC system.

06/21/2018

Gerald B.

perfectly dealt with many unexpected installation problems

Description of Work
install water heater

06/05/2018

Greg B.

Called in response to a coupon received in the mail. I was provided an 8 hour window to be available (12-8 pm) when scheduling the appointment. That should have been my first warning. Nobody arrived. Nobody called.

Description of Work
Annual AC tune up

05/07/2018

Donald L.

Very bad service. First, the plumber told me repeatedly that two plumbers were fired in the same week, so he was very back-up and behind schedule in his service calls. Second, the plumber didn't fix the problem of my runny toilet; however, I still had to pay for the so-called replacement part that didn't work. Third, after making several excuses for not stopping by during the week to fix the problem, he stopped by during the weekend (after hours) to try to fix it again. Finally, after doing some homework and research online, I told him the part that he should use, and sure enough, the part that I recommended actually worked - but only after paying him more money "off the books" to get the job done. As a professional, he should have been the one to do the research online himself rather than me. And to make matters worse, when I initially called to schedule the first appointment, the plumber never showed up. When I called customer service to complain, they claimed they called me about the "no show" appointment, but I have no record of their phone call. I have used ARS for years for inspections for my furnace and A/C. system. I have a contract with them. They also installed my new furnace, A/C, water heater and other major work years ago. I always felt that I could trust them for plumbing - but NO more. I will never call them again for any plumbing work. I felt humiliated and extremely taken advantage of. As a busy professional, I just don't have time to shop around that much. You try to rely on companies that you used in the past and thought you could trust, but again, I will NEVER use ARS again for any plumbing work.

Description of Work
Fixing a "runny" toilet where the water kept running and making noise

04/18/2018

Christina S.

The technician was great. I have used ARS for many years. This technician found several problems that were old and never brought to my attention. For example the humidifier has a pad that should be changed regularly, but I was never informed of this. There was also a hole in the unit where a pipe enters the unit that was never addressed. This should have been sealed when ARS installed the unit, but wasn’t done. While the office staff was friendly and useful for this call, in the past they have been incompetent. They have sent crews to the wrong house and not written down the appointments. We have taken off of work and had no one show up. I will not use them once my service contract expires.

Description of Work
Heating/AC

01/15/2018

Lloyd L.

It went well. The technician was on time, careful to don booties while in the house and when done, went over what he had done.

Description of Work
Regular maintenance on my heat pump.

11/01/2017

Suhas W.

Marvin, the contact person did a good job in providing me a quote and following up with me regularly and did try to make a deal happen. In the end I went with someone else.

Description of Work
Replacing HVAC system

09/12/2017

Irma C.

They were too expensive for what they did.

Description of Work
They did an assessment, we were thinking about replacing the unit.

08/26/2017

Wendy R.

They were quick. They came quick, and did the job. I felt like it was a little pricey. I thought about it, and thought I should have went to Angie's List. You will pay for advertising. If a company is well known, you will pay for it on the back end. It was considered an emergency, which it was considered an emergency. My basement was flooding. I felt it was a little pricey. The workmanship and service was fine. I probably could have gotten it cheaper elsewhere. I don't know how realistic it was. My insurance wasn't going to reimburse me for that pipe. It was a little bitty pipe, not a big pipe. A little pvc pipe. I felt it was a little pricey. I found someone who could have done it for $400. It was fine. I would look for someone cheaper.

Description of Work
It was a single pipe that wasn't burst, but it pulled out of the joint.

08/24/2017

Leslie D.

Called at noon on 7/23/17 and they said they would have someone call and be out that day. No call, no one showed up. On Monday I called again and was told someone would be here. Man came around 2:00 PM and his first questions was if we had a service contract: answer no, please fix the air conditioning. Looked but did not touch a thing, said pump needed to be replaced for $416.00 but we could save big money by having a service contract. It would ONLY be $399.00 with a contract. Big savings for a $50.00 pump. No thanks. But still had to pay $99.00 Service Call. Expensive lesson.

Description of Work
Pump stopped working on air conditioning in 100+ temperatures on a Sunday. They said they offered 24/7 service.

08/24/2017

Leslie D.

First it was a problem with roto-rooter. Sent camera man and he couldn't see anything and they determined the line was somehow crushed so we needed a new drain line from the house to the road. When they covered it all up our yard looked like an angry ocean and they left. So then the calls from us started to get this mess leveled out. We're both senior and we couldn't do it. Finally in the first week of May two men came with a backhoe to try and straighten it out. Did fairly ok but left a hump that results in deep water collecting on one side. In all fairness the two young men they sent the first time,, the second man sent couldn't do anything but the last two men were very apologetic and respectful but limited as to what they could do. Learned two invaluable lessons: 1.) never stop payment on a check in Maryland as advised by our lawyer and 2.) don't make final payment until you're happy.

Description of Work
Slow drain. Sent Rotor Rooter to clear but ran into a "problem" and left a mucky mess in the bathroom into the dining room.

Category drain cleaning

08/07/2017

Daniel R.

The technician showed up on time for the estimate and was friendly. He immediately dismissed the idea of replacing the mini ductless system, saying that it would cost $5500 at least for his "cheapest" option, or up to $8000 just to replace the existing unit. He then proceeded to go through options for replacing the entire central air/heater with a new heat pump. Could not give me a quote on the spot because he didn't know about ductwork installs (even though I specified this in requesting an estimate). Promised to email me later that day with the quotes for various options, and 3 days later I still haven't heard back, even after sending an email reminder. An "A" rated local company offering the same brand units (Carrier) just gave me a quote for $3000 to replace the existing unit with a high-efficiency system. So even the $5500 brush-off from the ARS employee was either way off, or their profit margins are crazy. I got to the ARS people through Home Depot, and now see that it was a giant waste of my time. I'm taking the time to write this review so that you don't waste your time too. Just glad I didn't waste any money!

Description of Work
I needed a quote for replacing a mini ductless heat pump, or alternatively tying in the room to the existing central air/heat with new ductwork.

07/24/2017

Marie-Louise G.

I have had them for about 30 years.

Description of Work
I use them for plumbing.

06/26/2017

Jennifer C.

A little pricey but worth it in terms of expertise, promptness, and professionalism.

Description of Work
We've used ARS services for many reasons- plumbing, clearing drains, and HVAC services.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, drain cleaning

06/26/2017

Tyrone S.

Work went great, worker gave some very good tips to maintain heater in the future.

Description of Work
Water heater drained

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water heater repair

06/19/2017

Karen M.

I did not really care for the technician because some mornings he was late and just his response. He did clean up all his mess so maybe it was hot that day. I don't know what was going on with him. They came out like they were supposed to that day. Just one guy came out to complete the service. I used them one time last year, but I didn't have the technician. Maybe the technician they sent out this particular day, just, you know... The service they did was good. It was okay, but I recommend another company first.

Description of Work
I just used them last month to do a check up on the air conditioning unit.

06/19/2017

Hallam F.

They picked up their mess and did a great job.

Description of Work
Did an installation for the house.

05/25/2017

Bruce E.

The check up of the system was $59, but they also had to add some refrigerant, the R-22, it's $200 a pound, and they added two pounds. They told me I needed a new air conditioning system. I wasn't dissatisfied with the service, it was just the unit needed to be replaced, and they made arrangements to send one of their, what they refer to as, comfort assistants, out to our residence to discuss with us replacing the unit. I have nothing to compare the price to. The technician was very thorough. He arrived the time that he said he would be here.

Description of Work
They checked the thermostat, they checked the filter, they checked the unit in the house, and they checked the condenser outside, which is where the refrigerant was added.

05/18/2017

Nan F.

We did renovations and they were the company that our general contractor used. They did fine. In fact, we just used them to do a major, major boiler replacement. It was huge. We have old fashioned hot water radiators. The system was quite elderly and the boiler was on its last leg so they came in. There were some delays getting to it and then finishing the work, but there was no evil reason for it; it was just stuff happens. S**t happens, but they did an excellent job. They did a bunch of stuff - February and March - say early March. This was huge; we had a tankless water heater put in and that required running new gas lines inside. So that was kind of a big deal. And they said they would take care of the permitting and all this stuff. They did a beautiful job; absolutely beautiful job. They helped us pick out the right model, and the chap who put it in was an artist. He was so thorough and he would go through, check every single seal and initial it, on every thing with every pipe. He didn't just do it thoroughly - instead of a rat's nest, it ended up a little bit of a rat's nest because it's an old house and we have pipes every which way in the basement - but he made it nice and clean. He did a very tidy job. And they had to bore a hole in the side of the house for the outlet for the water heater. Even that was nice and tidy. They did a really fine job. They also put in - and once again, this is an old house and didn't have central air - they put in during the renovations, central air for the bottom two floors and a Mr. Slim Mitsubishi on the top floor. They had to put in duct work for the bottom floors. They couldn't get ducts up to the top floor because there just wasn't a place to do it and there was not enough room between the - room in the floor joists - because of the way the house was built. We didn't want duct work hanging from the ceiling in the living room so that's why we put in the Mr. Slim upstairs. But it's been a really good system. For cost, the A/C thing was rolled into the cost of the reno, but the boiler and the tankless water heater came to - and considering that they had to put up a bunch of pipe work for that, as well as doing all the draining and testing and stuff - both of those things came out to about I think eighteen grand. Big piece of work. They're not the absolute cheapest, but they've been very good to us. They're generally quite responsive, very professional. Overall I think I'd give them an A. We did have one guy out who - and this was right before we got the boiler stuff going - we had somebody out for a heating check-up who was a little bit of trouble.

Description of Work
We had to replace the boiler. We also had a tankless water heater put in, including running a gas line. They also put in duct work for central air on the bottom two floors.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

03/20/2017

Brenda M. J.

Work was okay, but the next season, there was a gas leak, so I don't know if it was there when work was done and overlooked or something new that happened.

Description of Work
Furnace repaired.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed], thank you for sharing your experience. ARS/Rescue Rooter strives to provide each customer with an exceptional service experience and we would like to discuss your specific situation further. One of our team members will be reaching out to you if we have your information on file, or you may call 301-364-5870. If you prefer, you may call Corporate Customer Relations at 866-803-0879.

Save The Day Plumbing & Drain LLC

We are a family owned and operated business. We are fully licensed in Maryland, we are insured and bonded. We have 15 years experience in both residential and commercial plumbing. We offer a wide range of plumbing and drain cleaning services to meet our customers' needs. We are focused on building relationships and are ready to get the job done right, every time. Our goal is to earn your trust and will always show up motivated and ready to help. Our customers are priority, always.

Value Dry Waterproofing

Value Dry transforms wet basements & musty crawl spaces into dry, livable or storage space through basement waterproofing & crawl space encapsulation. We have 20+ years of basement waterproofing experience with the best lifetime warranty in the DC/Baltimore area & 10+ years experience in crawl space encapsulation and conditioning. Our services include sump pumps, back up sump pumps, foundation waterproofing, vapor barriers, humidity/ventilation control, outside stairwell drains, window well drains, egress windows, insulation, and foundation repair. We are conveniently located between the Baltimore and Washington, D.C. beltways and our service range covers Maryland, Virginia, Washington, D.C., and southern Delaware. Our entire team–from our phone room staff to our inspectors and installers–is fully committed to maintaining the highest standards of customer service and providing the fix that best fits the needs of you and your home. Our work is backed by a lifetime transferable warranty and a 24/7 service team. We are very proud of the reputation that we have built through online reviews, within our industry, and among our customers. Give us a call at (888) 768-2583 to schedule a free consultation or if you have any questions.

East Coast Landscape Design

BEAUTIFUL OUTDOOR LIVING. East Coast creates inspiring landscapes, hardscapes, water features and drainage solutions that bring beauty, new outdoor experiences and exceptional value to your life and home. SPECIALIZING IN: Patios, walkways, driveways, landscaping, fire pits, outdoor kitchens, retaining walls, outdoor lighting, drainage and erosion control (including eco-friendly permeable pavers, dry riverbeds and rain gardens through RainScapes and RiverSmart rebate programs). TRUSTED: Employees drug tested and background checked. License #42490. Insurance #Q89-0102236-M. ADDITIONAL EMAIL: mark@eclandscapedesign.com

10647, 63481, WSSC PFG-71805
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

HVAC systems/air conditioning/furnaces repairs, preventative maintenance, emergency services & new/replacement installation. Plumbing services including: emergency service; hot water heater installation and repair; drain and pipe cleaning and clog removal; garbage disposal installation and repair; faucet/sink, showers/tub and toilet installation and leak repair. Extras for your home including: duct cleaning; whole home humidifiers, dehumidifies & air purifiers.