Bob Grill General Contractor Inc

Founded 1969 • With Angi since March 2005

9817 Lanham Severn Rd

Lanham, MD 20706

Established in 1969. Family Owned and Operated. Experienced in new construction, additions, kitchen bathroom remodeling. No job is too unique for us. For the fastest response... PLEASE CALL OUR OFFICE! Thank you!

09/02/2020

Breanne B.

In the summer of 2020, we hired Bob Grill General Contractor Inc. to build a custom 12x 24 shed to match our home. Bob Grill, Jr. (Owner) helped walk us through the design process, obtain a building permit, and submit the correct information to our Home Owners Association before the building process began. Everything went smoothly from start to finish. The employees were very professional and kept a clean worksite. We have received numerous compliments from our friends and neighbors and will continue to recommend this company to others. If you want the project done right, choose Bob Grill General Contractor, Inc.

Description of Work
Custom Shed

Category garage builders, architect

03/19/2017

James R.

In January, we spent 2 hours with the owner walking through our house reviewing multiple requirements both interior and exterior. Other contractors bid the exact same work at $130,000 - $150,000. As of March 18th, and after multiple telephonic and email attempts for information, we NEVER heard back from Bob Grill General Contracting. We understand if a contractor is so "overbooked" they have no time for our project (or if they don't have the expertise or talent to complete what we want).....but it only takes two minutes for a, "I'm sorry we're too busy..." We heard nothing. This is the most unprofessional response (or lack of response) we've ever received. Fortunately, we found a wonderful contractor who really did want to work this size contract. We had heard wonderful things about Bob Grill. His loss.

Description of Work
A great deal of interior and exterior work valued (by other more attentive contractors) at $130,000 - $150,000.

Category ceramic tile, concrete repair, electrician, fencing, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, masonry, plumbing, remodeling, siding, woodworking, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, doors

09/06/2016

Tom W.

It went very well and was they were very well priced in comparison to the 3 other companies we received bids from. All of their project leads were great and did very good work. They also were easy to work with if there were issues and changes, no major issues through-out the entire project. If there was an issue, they were very responsive. Can't say enough about their onsite project manager and project lead, most easy going and good person to have work on a project like this. It is an old house, 1940's, and they really thought about everything when it came to removing trim and doors so they could reuse it w/ little to no marks. We wanted to maintain the charm of the old house and they did a great job of that.

Description of Work
They remodeled our entire home and put on a two floor addition. It took 9 months.

Category ceramic tile, concrete repair, countertops, decks, electrician, egress windows, flooring contractor, gutter repair, hardwood floor, masonry, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, siding, replacement windows, home builders, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, doors, sunrooms

11/25/2013

Teresa C.

Very professional. I was pleased with his manner, his honesty and his follow up. I would like to use Mr. Grill very much in the future. I did not use his company on this particular project because I got a lower estimate. However, his estimate was reasonable.

Description of Work
He gave me an estimate to renovate my screen porch

Category decks, remodeling

11/15/2012

Ahmed A.

Description of Work
I spoke to his assistant about my job and they never returned my call with the estimate.

09/23/2012

Robin D.

Excellent. We felt comfortable enough to allow the workers access to our home while we were at work. They were respectful of our pets, privacy and security. Bob's employees worked as though they were working on their own home. His office staff was attentive and helpful. This was an overall pleasant experience. Keep in mind Bob is not the cheapest, as a matter of fact he was the most expensive of the contractors we interviewed. In this case I truly felt we got what we paid for, quality work sometimes requires higher cost.

Description of Work
Demolition of basement; wall & ceiling framing; drywall & door installation and finishing; gas fireplace installation; electrical upgrade and installation; plumbing repair; hardwood floor installation; stone tile installation

Category basement remodeling

09/23/2012

Robin D.

Our siding was damaged during a severe storm. Bob's workers were able to repair the damaged area to a condition better than before the storm. The Tand M cost was well worth the work performed.

Description of Work
Siding repair from a storm damage

Category siding

06/13/2012

Daniel E.

Fergus did a great job replacing our basement shower. He replaced some rotten wood and installed a new pan, shower, and tiled.

Category home remodeling

03/26/2012

Bonnie M.

As far as dealing with him, he was fine. I did it and it worked. I was happy. I would rate him highly. His price was comparable with what everybody charges. I will continue to use him in the future.

Description of Work
I used Bob Grill General Contractor, Inc. He came and fixed my oven.

Category appliance repair

01/10/2011

FREDDYE G.

He is very meticulous. I have nothing but good things to say. They are prompt, and they clean up after themselves. They tell you exactly what they are going to do. They prepared me for not knowing what was under the deck. We took pictures for the insurance company. He has also put handicap rails in my bathroom. When my husband was in the hospital, he came out right away. Once you are a customer of his, he is very loyal. I had other estimates. His price was high, but it was consistent with the other estimates.

Description of Work
My deck was damaged, because of snow from the previous year. They had to rebuilt it and raise it up. Part of it had collapsed. They had to put more supports in. I had him redo the other side of the deck.

Category decks

12/27/2010

Sean F.

The estimate was for $15000. They were very professional and amiable. They had all their materials together and were very organised. They were very good.

Description of Work
Bob Grill General Contractor Inc. gave me an estimate in August this year to repair two sides of the house with siding, roof repair and windows.

Category handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, siding

12/20/2010

Atieno O.

Bob Grill did a good job. The way in which I was able to work with them was helpful.

Description of Work
Bob Grill did some large appliance repair.

Category appliance repair

03/31/2010

FREDDYE G.

He is great to work with! Efficient and timely. I would use him again in the future and recommend him to others.

Description of Work
He installed some handicap bars in the bathroom.

Category home remodeling

08/29/2009

BETTY C.

Done in my absence under the off-site direction of two daughters. They inspected upon completion and are as delighted with finished product as I am.

Description of Work
Installed handrails on both sides of basement steps. They are wooden-oak-sanded and varnished. approximately 14 steps with a right angle in one area. Also installed a safety rail over tub in upstairs bath. Have not received an invoice to date for work.

08/29/2009

BETTY C.

Tony and 1-2 other associates worked diligently and carefully in order to effect a quality finished product. I fell on a Saturday and fractured femur. Since they are known to be reputable company and have previously performed renovations they were given a key by my grandson to finish the task. This was accomplished in my absence and to my satisfaction. please note above. Also repaired a cabinet door, and stablized curtain holders. as always extremely neat and removed debris While it is difficult to schedule an appointment because others have heard of their expertise, it is worth the wait. TRUE PROFESSIONALS 7/23/11 RE ABOVE MICROWAVE INSTALLATION IN THEIR WORDS REPAIRED WALL CABINET FOR MICROWAVE INSTALLATION, CUT DRYWALL FOR ELECTRICAL BOX, REMOVED CEILING TILE AND REPLACED IN BASEMENT BAT CEILING. PULLED NEW ELECTRICAL WIRE FROM PANEL TO BATH AND KITCHEN WALL. FISHED WIRE TO NEW BOX AND HUNG CABINET. INSSTALLED MICRO UNIT. FEE: $960.00. THEIR WORK CAN BEST BE DESCRIBED IN THEIR WORDS ON THEIR WEBSITE...and quot;SERVED DC, VA AND MD FOR OVER 40 YEARS BY HOLDING TO THE PRINCIPAL THAT QUALITY, CRAFTSMANSHIP AND HONESTY ARE NEVER COMPROMISED FOR PROFIT.and quot;

Description of Work
Corrected Rube Goldberg creation left by another contractor.Removed a previously installed new washer, dryer and old laundry tub. Replaced broken overhead acoustic tiles in both laundry and bathrooms. Removed dryer lint hose from window and ran thru space in wall where original one had been housed. Since wall needed painting in laundry and bathrooms this was accomplished and finally replaced all of ceiling tiles; repaired hole in wall left by previous contractor and installed new acrylic floor covering. Replaced some stained tiles in hallway and installed new laundry tub as well as safety bar in shower area.. Modified and installed a 4' cabinet; installed new electric line,new circuit breaker to install a over the range microwave oven. 3 men worked from 9 AM to 4 PM to accomplish. Justin M. who has come to my rescue in a wide range of necessary repairs is a true professional and a man of integrity. The electrician and justin's assistant were also very helpful and proficiant beyond the anticipated endeavors. just one example of this was bringing in mail and placing it where I could easily retrieve.

Category handyman service, plumbing, alterations, home remodeling

06/04/2008

BETTY C.

IT WENT EXTREMELY WELL. PREVENTED THE AWFUL EXPERIENCE OF A FLOODED BASEMENT. ADDITIONALLY, TONY LEFT THE AREA METICULOUSLY CLEAN.

Description of Work
I HAVE USED THIS COMPANY SINCE 1989. WATER SUPPLY IN THIS AREA HAS AN EXTREMELY HIGH MINERAL CONTENT THUS PIPES AND SUMP PUMPS HAVE LESS THAN THE NORMAL 'LIFE SPAN'. REPLACED A SUMP PUMP INSTALLED ABOUT 3 YEARS AGO. I NOTED IT HAD STOPPED FUNCTIONING AT ABOUT 2:00 PM AND IT WAS RAINING EXTREMELY HARD. GRILL CONSTRUCTION SENT AN EMPLOYEE NAMED 'TONY' WHOM I HAD NOT SEEN SINCE 1989 WHEN HE HELPED RENOVATE MY BASEMENT. THIS WAS ON A FRIDAY AND THEY CLOSE AT 4:00 PM AS WELL AS THE WEEKEND.

Category plumbing

05/05/2008

BETTY C.

AS ALWAYS THEY ARE PROFESSIONAL AND COURTEOUS. FAMILY OWNED BUSINESS. THEIR PRIMARY FIELD SUPERVISOR, JUSTIN MC IS A JEWEL AND MORE THAN COMPETENT. PROVIDES INFORMATION AND QUITE CONSIDERATE!!!!!!!!!! ALWAYS DELIGHTED TO SEE HIM ON-SITE.

Description of Work
SUMP PUMP PREVIOUSLY INSTALLED CONTINUOUSLY RUNNING WITHOUT DISCHARGING BUILD-UP OF WATER. LOCATED 10 PLUS FEET BELOW GROUND LEVEL. REQUIRED TWO VISITS: 1. TO EVALUATE THE PROBLEM. 2. REPLACE SUMP PUMP.

Category wells

09/18/2007

BETTY C.

They did a superb job. I was very happy with the results, and I will be enjoying the convenience and improvements for years to come. They were very dependable and professional. Their workers always showed up on time and took a lot of pride in their work.

Description of Work
This company remodeled my basement. The work included installed a new bathroom, concrete work in the floor and putting in a sump pump.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

07/16/2007

BARBARA M.

I called twice. They said they were back logged, and were not sure when they would be available. A week later, I had to call them back, and they said the same thing. They have still never called. I would rather they tell me they can't do it, than to wait for them to call me.

Description of Work
I needed a door frame and storm door repaired.

Category handyman service, doors

04/25/2007

BETTY C.

A family owned business and they do good work. Very courteous and reliable. Anytime I need him he is there right away. I would recommend him to others.

Description of Work
He has done a number of different projects for me including a deck, and concrete steps.

Category concrete repair, decks, handyman service

08/31/2005

IT WAS A BIG JOB and THEY GOT IT DONE IN ONLY 3 WEEKS. EVERYONE TOLD ME IT COULDN'T BE DONE THAT FAST and THEY DID IT! MY KITCHEN LOOKS BEAUTIFUL and I'M VERY PLEASED.

Description of Work
THEY REMODELED MY KITCHEN.

08/24/2005

STAN R.

THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME THAT I HAVE USED THIS COMPANY AND EVERYTHING ABOUT THEM IS GREAT. I HAVE USED THEM ON MORE THAN CLOSETS. I HAVE NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS.

Description of Work
REPAIR ON A CLOSET.

Category furniture repair

03/10/2005

LANCE B.

I HAVE USED THIS COMPANY ON NUMEROUS OCCASIONS FOR MANY DIFFERENT KINDS OF HOME REPAIR WORK. THEY ALWAYS DO AN EXCELLENT JOB, AND THIS TIME WAS NO EXCEPTION.

Description of Work
PULLED UP CRACKED MARBLE TILES IN AN ENTRANCEWAY FOYER, REPLACED THE SUBFLOORING, AND PUT DOWN NEW TILES.

Category marble & granite

EAD Contractors LLC

EAD CONTRACTORS LLC is a locally owned and operated company which values honesty, integrity, and treats your home or business as if it were our own. We are experts in all aspects of masonry and our services are customizable to each individual project. We specialize in both installations and replacements. We pride ourselves on the quality of our work, as well as our commitment to outstanding results. We look forward to building lasting relationships, and guarantee your satisfaction!

Offers by EAD Contractors LLC on Angi
    East Coast Landscape Design

BEAUTIFUL OUTDOOR LIVING. East Coast creates inspiring landscapes, hardscapes, water features and drainage solutions that bring beauty, new outdoor experiences and exceptional value to your life and home. SPECIALIZING IN: Patios, walkways, driveways, landscaping, fire pits, outdoor kitchens, retaining walls, outdoor lighting, drainage and erosion control (including eco-friendly permeable pavers, dry riverbeds and rain gardens through RainScapes and RiverSmart rebate programs). TRUSTED: Employees drug tested and background checked. License #42490. Insurance #Q89-0102236-M. ADDITIONAL EMAIL: mark@eclandscapedesign.com

Metro Drainage Pros LLP

Metro Drainage Pros is a licensed & insured company that specializes in exterior storm water management and drainage issues. At Metro Drainage Pro's, LLP, we offer a team of highly trained professionals who all have a vast amount of experience in storm water management. We are a fully licensed and insured company, and we strive to bring our customers the best possible solutions, tailored to fit their needs. There is no job that is too big or complicated, and with over 30 years of extensive experience, our professional trained employees are fully capable of handling the most demanding of projects. So don't let your drainage get you any longer. Let the Metro Drainage Pro's, LLP team identify the source of the problem so we can provide you with long lasting results.

MHIC 134130
    Maryland
    DLLR
    12/29/2018
    Check, Financing

Residential & commercial new construction, remodeling, warehouses, churches, offices interior repairs, exterior repair, build out, addition, kitchen & bathroom remodeling, grading, waterproofing, decks, windows, concrete, roofs & exterior drainage.

Appliance repair, handyman, wells & pumps, sewing, furniture refinishing