MRW Lawns Inc

Founded 1988 • With Angi since March 2005

5440 Washington Ave

La Plata, MD 20646

We complete exterior work only (No need to enter home)
We accept remote payment

Over 30+ years, we have worked hard to make the trademark virtues our customers have come to know us by. Whether it is for the quality professional products and technicians, or the honest way we present expectations and meet or exceed them. MRW Lawns, Inc. remains the best choice when you choose to hire a professional lawn care and pest control company....

lawn treatment (79)lawn care (34)pest control (10)lawn & landscaping (6)tree service (1)lamp repair (2)

10/06/2021

Napoleon W.

Super, Jacob, the technician ensured he treated the entire lawn. Additionally, during his inspection he noticed damage from surface feeding insects and treated the lawn and surrounding trees to prevent further harm to the lawn. He also spot treated for broadleaf weeds and nutsedge as well as made recommendations on how to continually maintain my lawn. Appreciate his thoroughness and care.

Description of Work
Late summer treatment which consisted of fertilizer and lawn inspection.

Category pest control, lawn treatment

Work Completed On 10/05/2021

08/13/2018

Jacqueline W.

So far so good; I am pleased with their service. The technicians have been great, very punctual and responsive and performed their job with excellence. I expect to see the fruit of their labor come spring. The office staff has also been very helpful.

Description of Work
Lawn renovation (weed and pest control, fertilization, aeration, slice seeding)

Work Completed On 08/28/2018

06/18/2018

Andrea B.

My lawn was a mess, and had large bald spots. MRW Lawns brought my lawn back to life again, and I'm loving it! The staff that I've communicated with (by email or by phone) are always professional and nice.

Description of Work
Lawn care and treatment

Work Completed On 06/18/2018

06/07/2018

N W.

Have used MRW for quite a few years now and our yard has never looked better. Service guys are always professional and let us know if there are any issues we need to be concerned about. Feel their service is well priced compared to larger, national companies and appreciate the more personal approach they take being a locally owned company. Communication is pretty good when it comes to servicing appointments as well. Would recommend them every day of the week!

Description of Work
Yearly lawn services

Work Completed On 05/01/2018

Review for MRW Lawns Inc - 5440 Washington Ave, La Plata, MD - 37135180

09/21/2017

Sonja W.

The company representatives and technicians are professional and knowledgable. They do a fantastic job.

Description of Work
We hired MRW in July because we were unhappy with our previous service provider. They throughly explained their lawn program and inspected our lawn, and performed soil testing. We identified problem areas and they explained treatments that would benefit our lawn. They applied weed and insect control, and core/slice seeding. Within a two month period, there has been a visable improvement in the conditon of our lawn. The improvement is amazing.

Cost $1,676.54

Work Completed On 09/21/2017

Review for MRW Lawns Inc - 5440 Washington Ave, La Plata, MD - 36282402

08/29/2017

Sidney M.

I get it about eight treatments a year. I have a contract with them. They’re good. I’ve had them for fifteen years maybe, and I have the prettiest front yard in the neighborhood. I always wish they were cheaper, but what can you do? Well, you don’t know what day they are coming, so they’re punctual. I wouldn’t know if they were late or not.

Description of Work
This time was granular fertilization.

Work Completed On 08/25/2017

06/05/2017

ZINA J.

Everything went well. What impressed me the most is that they do not maintain lawns (mowing, cleaning, etc); I wanted a service that would be only fertilization and seeding. The representatives assisted us in the field and at the home company were personable, knowledgeable and professional. I thought they were a little expensive but I am hopeful the overall results will be worth the cost.

Description of Work
We had our lawn evaluated and they wrote up a proposal.

Work Completed On 06/05/2017

05/17/2017

Richard P.

Great. Lawn looked horrible and 2 weeks later looks great.

Description of Work
Spring lawn fertilization, weed and insect control.

Category landscaping, lawn treatment

Work Completed On 04/26/2017

04/17/2017

Gregory J.

MRW "installed" my lawn and has maintained it for over 20 years. They do a great job and my green, thick, healthy lawn is the envy of the neighborhood. The price for their services is a great value over trying to do the same work myself. They get the timing right and the result is a lawn that I only need to water and mow.

Description of Work
Originally I needed to start a lawn from scratch.

Work Completed On 03/29/2017

01/30/2017

Lisa D.

They are responsive. The service is better than most. They are somewhat costly, but its worth it. I also used them for outside pest control, but they came and sprayed everything they could find. I just wanted them to spray the outside perimeters of the house. The pest control service was stopped immediately.

Description of Work
Fertilizing and weed killing. I also used them for outside pest control.

Category pest control, lawn treatment

Work Completed On 11/01/2016

01/30/2017

Christopher R.

Excellent! They keep their appointments and communicate regularly.

Description of Work
MRW maintains my lawn on a regular basis.

Work Completed On 12/15/2016

11/17/2016

Richard K.

They were able to get some grass to grow, were prompt, but, in the process they tried to sell me more services that I thought should have beeen considered up front! Other than that they are good to work with and you get what you pay for, I guess!

Description of Work
Pretty up my lawn for selling.

Work Completed On 11/17/2016

07/02/2016

Wanda H.

Cost show is the seasonal cost for basic lawn care and is based on the size of your yard. There are other services you can add on dependent on your specific needs.

Description of Work
My husband and I have been trying for years to get a green lawn free of crabgrass, dandelions, mole holes, etc. We spent lots of money at the local home stores and wholesale stores season in and season out only to have no visible results. Since we started using MRW Lawns, Inc. for our lawn care service, our lawn has become the envy of the neighborhood. My husband loves hearing the compliments from the walkers around the circle. He keeps the little "MRW" sign out letting everyone know who's responsible for it. We highly recommend MRW Lawns, Inc. to all our family and friends who are fed up with trying on their own with no success. They do the work so we don't have to anymore.

Category pest control, lawn service, lawn treatment

Work Completed On 06/22/2016

04/30/2016

Leslie D.

My lawn has never looked this good. I've been in my house for 10 years and I thought I had tried everything to get my lawn where I wanted it. I hired MRW Lawns, Inc. and guess what, my lawn is lush, thick, dark green, missing weeds, and gorgeous! I am so very happy.

Description of Work
Fertilized, aerated, sprayed for weeds

Work Completed On 03/30/2016

02/25/2016

Paul M.

It's a seasonal thing. I was happy with them. They were here last in the middle of November. I usually pay by the year and it's around like $530 a year. They're quality is good. They have very good responsiveness.

Description of Work
They do all the fertilization and treatment. They do tree trimming, test the soil, also an insect spray if you have insects.

Work Completed On 11/15/2015

09/15/2015

Craig W.

They are quick to respond to my concerns and always looking for a positive resolution.

Description of Work
Yearly Maintenence Plan

Category lawn service

Work Completed On 09/14/2015

06/27/2015

Richard G.

The service has been continuous probably for about 10 years. It is convenient, they do what they say they are going to do and it works. They are okay. They come when they come-I don't have to be around. The workers are fine.

Description of Work
We used MRW Lawns Inc for lawn services. They fertilize the lawn-they come out every month.

Work Completed On 05/28/2015

06/24/2015

Gwendolyn H.

They came at the time that they were scheduled to. They left the area nice and neat when they were done.

Description of Work
I have used MRW for lawn services. They renovated my back yard including planting new seed. They killed off the old grass and mostly weeds that were in the back yard to start some grass and then re-seeded the whole thing.

Category landscaping

Work Completed On 08/15/2014

06/09/2015

Calvin S.

Great Service! He was on time to get here. I was very satisfied.

Description of Work
Cut My Lawn

Category lawn service

Work Completed On 06/03/2015

05/23/2015

Richard T.

Having recently moved from the Waldorf, MD area, I thought it was really important to give my thanks and public recognition to Wayne and the good people at MRW Lawns who cared for my lawn over a period of 15 years. They provided a full course of 5-6 treatments throughout the growing season. We periodically used their other services, such as soil chemical analysis, lawn dethatching, core aeration, and over-seeding. There was never any nagging pressure to up-sell their services. They always came when scheduled, didn't leave fertilizer pellets all over the pavement, and were courteous and professional in every possible way. With simple cutting the lawn always looked green and healthy. Even in the dry summers the deep rooted turf came back to green with a good rain. I couldn't be happier with the care and value I received from MRW. Although MRW was not the FIRST lawn service we used over the years, they certainly were both the BEST and LAST.

Description of Work
MRW provided complete lawn fertilizer and weed control service for approximately 15 years at my Waldorf residence. The cost noted above was the approximate annual price for their seasonal basic service package. Other services were at additional costs.

Work Completed On 05/01/2015

Review for MRW Lawns Inc - 5440 Washington Ave, La Plata, MD - 26856449

05/18/2015

John S.

I've been using them since 2004. They are very good about putting in; there's some recommendations that we don't follow....it requires more money so we don't follow up on most of it. They have courteous personnel.

Description of Work
They come out six times a year. All we have are chemicals put in.

Work Completed On 05/04/2015

05/13/2015

DeWayne S.

They are very, very helpful. They leave the area as they were never there.

Description of Work
They did weeding and lawn preservation treatment.

Work Completed On 04/28/2015

05/13/2015

DeWayne S.

They are very, very helpful. They leave the area as they were never there.

Description of Work
They did weeding and lawn preservation treatment.