Deck and Shed Pros

Founded 1984 • With Angi since March 2010

Deck and Shed Pros is a locally owned and operated company dedicated to providing our customers with the finest quality Deck and Shed construction possible. We employ the most skilled craftsmen, take pride in our work, use the finest materials available, and are always striving to improve. We at Deck and Shed Pros understand we are building a structure that will be enjoyed for many years to come and there is no need to compromise with your deck. Our thoughtful and knowledgeable sales team will work with you to customize your dream deck and have many solutions that will help provide safety, storage, economy, and utility for your deck. We are a fully insured company. Visit our website http://deckandshedpros.com...

A Service Provider's profile image

+7 more images

decks & porches (272)garage building (37)deck cleaning (33)woodworking (22)Patios (15)fence company (11)concrete repair (9)patio enclosures (7)door installation (7)roofing (7)hardscaping (5)electrician (5)

07/19/2022

Tanys B.

The team arrived on time and did an incredible job! The shed was assembled correctly and there were no issues. My husband and I are very pleased. I would definitely recommend this company and personally use them again.

Description of Work
Assembly of a 8 ft x 12.5ft Lifetime vinyl shed on a concrete slab

Category concrete repair, garage builders

Work Completed On 07/10/2022

06/17/2022

Brian R.

Deck and Shed Pros recently completed a project for us to completely replace an old deteriorated deck with a new wood one. They are very easy to work with and we are very happy with the finished product. Here is a summary of our experience working with them. Positive aspects of working with Deck and Shed Pros - They listened to what we wanted to achieve, and genuinely tried to make it happen - They were willing to consider options that no other candidate contractor (including three other contractors on Angi with very high ratings) were willing to consider. Deck & Shed Pros took the time to investigate the use of hardwood decking (using black locust lumber). We ultimately did decide to use the black locust lumber for decking and railings which provides a nice looking, low maintenance, real wood alternative to composite decking. - They were willing to work with us on a solution for a support post location problem that required an extra discussion with our county inspection department. But they managed that discussion with relative ease where other candidate contractors rejected the option outright claiming that it would never be approved or pass inspection. (They had it reviewed by an engineer and it did pass inspection) - They provided copies of the drawings that they used for the permit process so that we could use them for our Home Owners Association process - They provided weekly updates on the status of the job once we signed the contract - They were patient with and responded promptly to any questions that we had during the course of the job - The construction team was professional, courteous, and hard working. They clearly tried hard to minimize the impact to our surrounding lawn. They left the area clean each day and at the end of the job. And the workmanship of the finished project was excellent. - They repeatedly asked if we had any concerns about the finished product and worked with us to find a solution to the one minor item that needed an adjustment. Negative aspects of working with Deck and Shed Pros - We cant think of any The bottom line is this: - It was refreshing to work with Deck and Shed Pros because they were responsive and took the time to discuss the details throughout the course of the project - We are very happy with the finished product - We would absolutely recommend Deck & Shed Pros to friends and family - We will definitely work with Deck & Shed Pros on future projects involving outdoor construction and landscaping For the record, we have no family ties, business ties, or any other ties to Deck and Shed Pros. This positive review is purely a result of their excellent work from start to finish.

Description of Work
Deck replacement

Work Completed On 06/25/2022

05/13/2022

Willene B.

Deck and Shed Pros performed an outstanding job replacing several posts on my deck. Their skilled team of experts provided great customer service along with quality workmanship at a reasonable price. I was really pleased and highly recommend them for any deck project. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Description of Work
Post Repair

Category deck cleaning

Work Completed On 05/13/2022

03/18/2022

Charles S.

All went very well. Would recommend them and use them again!

Description of Work
Deck with Spiral Staircase

Work Completed On 03/27/2022

02/11/2022

Sharon P.

I had an absolutely wonderful experience with Deck and Shed Pros. James T. Sarazin was my agent and he was very professional and timely with all communication concerning my deck install, from the tear down to final inspections. His crew was also timely, professional and built a wonderfully crafted deck. I am very pleased with my results and would recommend Deck and Shed Pros. to anyone!

Description of Work
Deck

Work Completed On 02/14/2022

01/13/2022

Sarah V.

I can't sing enough praises for Deck and Shed Pros. From the first visit through construction, Jim was highly responsive and communicative; he even emails a once a week update (which was helpful for me because I was out of town), but we also spoke on the phone several times. Beside the fact that I was referred to him by a neighbor who was also very pleased with the work he had done, I was impressed with our initial meeting where he verbally thought out the logistics of what would and wouldn't work, and what he could do based on my ideas. The construction team was efficient and cleaned up every night. There were no lapses in construction - they showed up every day and my deck was built in less than two weeks. The pricing was very competitive and was much less than what my neighbors have paid for their decks. I highly recommend Jim and Deck and Shed Pros.

Description of Work
Deck

Work Completed On 12/16/2021

11/03/2021

Rick B.

Shed and Deck Pros was a wonderful company to work with when we needed a new shed. Jen was great helping with every design decision and ensuring we were in compliance with setback and other code requirements here in Montgomery County, Maryland. We have two dry wells collecting roof runoff inconveniently located near the spot where I wanted the new shed and feared we had to leave space around them. Jen worked through the county permitting authorities until we finally got the answer to ensure we would pass inspection. Jim the owner and Jen were proactively communicative about our installation date, which was enormously helpful. Highly recommend Shed and Deck Pros.

Description of Work
Shed

Category garage builders

Work Completed On 11/05/2021

09/09/2021

Ron M.

Jim Sarazin the owner of Deck and Shed Pros gave us a fair estimate and based on his experience and knowledge choose his company for the job. The entire construction of the deck was handled professionally. The craftsmanship was excellent and the site was cleaned up at the end of each day. Jim followed up with me all during the project to answer any questions. I am pleased to recommend Deck and Shed Pros.

Description of Work
Replace 27 year deck and surrounding bench

Work Completed On 08/16/2021

09/05/2021

Christie P.

This is the second time we hired Jim and his team with Victor and all their folks. They did an absolutely fantastic job (again) for a very fair price. In our backyard, they removed some rotting wood stairs and replaced them with Techo-Bloc paver stairs to match our other Techo-Bloc stairs. They covered a boring cement front porch and walkway with beautiful flagstone and rock caps. They removed a rotting front porch railing; corrected some errors from the original builders by actually adding 6x6s in the columns; wrapping the columns; building beautiful metal white/black railings; and added a gate so we can allow our pooch to safely sit on the front porch. They even went over the top by sealing our driveway, so everything matched. Highly recommend this company. Thanks, Jim, Victor, and crew!!

Description of Work
Paver Stairs, Flagstone facade on porch and walkway, Porch fence and gate

Category concrete repair, decks, fencing, remodeling, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 09/03/2021

Review for Deck and Shed Pros - 3714 Petersville Rd, Knoxville, MD - 39465638

07/02/2021

Todd W.

Jim and Simon were absolute professionals. They handled the permit process, gave excellent suggestions and drawings, and Simon built an amazing deck. I don't mean just a nice deck; he is a craftsman who has a high standard. He took care of every detail including hand planing the edges of every floor board where it met the seam. I had other contractors doing work in my house at the same time and they marveled at the level of detail and professional quality work that Simon did. It was a slow build, but absolutely worth every penny! When we are ready to build our screened-in porch, I will call Deck and Shed Pros again.

Description of Work
Built a new deck

Category concrete repair, decks

Work Completed On 06/30/2021

Review for Deck and Shed Pros - 3714 Petersville Rd, Knoxville, MD - 39391287

07/01/2021

mike F.

Deck & Shed Pros did an outstanding job on our screened-in porch! Jim kept us informed and was very responsive to any questions we had along the way. We were very pleased with the quality of the work, which was done with great care by Simon, who is an excellent carpenter and craftsman. Jim did a great job working to design an approach that worked best for us. He recommended using the Screen EZE fastening system which allows installation of screening over larger open spans. We just love how open our screened-in porch feels! Deck and Shed Pros was a pleasure to work with, and we are just thrilled with our new screened-in porch. We highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Screening in our existing covered porch

Work Completed On 06/01/2021

06/28/2021

Jared R.

Jim and Jen at Deck and Shed Pros were amazing to work with! They communicated so well throughout the process, always checking in weekly just to let us know where we were in the queue and tentatively when they had our work scheduled. Then when the job got going, Jim went out of his way even redoing some of our decking at one point after the shed was installed to make absolutely sure it would turn out perfectly! By the end of the project I felt like Jim and I were friends, and it was a pleasure working with him. I would recommend highly to anyone doing any type of outdoor work that they offer.

Description of Work
Deck platform and storage shed

Category decks, garage builders

Work Completed On 04/01/2021

06/28/2021

Bernetta S.

Smooth, they showed up on time and were very fast. Did the the work in a 3rd of the time they said it would be done. I am very happy with the work. Cleaned up and took away all the trash.

Description of Work
Walkway

Category hardscaping

Work Completed On 06/28/2021

Review for Deck and Shed Pros - 3714 Petersville Rd, Knoxville, MD - 39386669

06/04/2021

Carol B.

Could not be happier. They performed all work in 5 days. Deck is beautiful.

Description of Work
Demolish old deck, apply for permit and build new deck.

Work Completed On 05/31/2021

05/05/2021

Michael A.

They arrived on time. Completed the work in less than a day. Cleaned up and took all trash. The price was reasonable and they were able to fit us in quickly.

Description of Work
repair/replace deck stair stringers and post

Work Completed On 04/17/2021

04/14/2021

Christie P.

The whole team was fantastic! Jim checked in with us weekly to communicate the timeline and progress. We are extremely happy with the results, an adult size she-shed/treehouse on a platform for our Autistic adult daughter. We are so happy with this company, we are hiring them for other jobs around the house. Highly recommend this company!

Description of Work
Concrete slab, 7 foot high platform and stairs, pre-built shed on top (She-shed)

Category concrete repair, decks, garage builders, woodworking

Work Completed On 03/15/2021

Review for Deck and Shed Pros - 3714 Petersville Rd, Knoxville, MD - 39293598

04/12/2021

Kaitlin F.

We hired Deck and Shed Pros to complete a deck and sliding door project after reading the other great reviews on Angie's List, and we couldn't be happier with the end product. Jim took care of all required permitting and was able to start the project much earlier than we'd expected. He worked with us to help achieve our overall vision and communicated at each step along the way. His crew arrived promptly every morning and completed the project in just 8 working days. The craftsmanship and quality of the work is outstanding. In addition, we interviewed 3-4 other contractors, and Jim's pricing was the best around. We would definitely work with Jim again and highly recommend to anyone looking to complete this kind of project.

Description of Work
Deck and sliding door

Category decks, doors

Work Completed On 04/12/2021

Review for Deck and Shed Pros - 3714 Petersville Rd, Knoxville, MD - 39289568

02/03/2021

Carlos A.

Job was completed ahead of schedule. I had contacted Deck and Shed Pros after a home inspector said the deck needed to be completely replaced. Instead I am glad I found someone who knew what they were doing. Deck and Shed Pros designed exactly what was needed to insure a safe deck and saving a lot of unnecessary work.

Description of Work
Install additional footings and beam to existing deck

Category concrete repair, decks, deck cleaning

Work Completed On 01/29/2021

01/31/2021

Thomas D.

The project went smoothly and we're very happy with the result (even if it did take some time to get permits due to the pandemic). Jim, the owner, attended to every detail, made good suggestions along the way and kept us updated. The craftsmanship and care shown by his builder, Simon, was first-rate.

Description of Work
Overhang over outdoor stairwell

Category decks, roofing

Work Completed On 01/15/2021

01/14/2021

Morgan C.

I am very pleased with the turn out of our deck. Deck and Shed Pros had the most affordable prices for the quality we were given. The owner of the company maintained weekly communication even before the project started (waiting for permit). He even communicated with our HOA to ensure compliance. Deck and Shed Pros is very passionate about their work and it shows. There is a noticeable quality difference between our deck and our neighbors that were built by the construction company. We saved over $5,000 by choosing to higher Deck & Shed Pros. I would highly recommend this company

Description of Work
Townhome Deck

Work Completed On 01/04/2021

Review for Deck and Shed Pros - 3714 Petersville Rd, Knoxville, MD - 39134929

01/11/2021

Amy W.

Deck & Shed Pros, LLC were lovely to work with. I'm a Landlady who lives in another state from her property. I had to have this work done for my tenants and I needed to arrange details long distance. They were in constant communication with me and had the job done in a timely manner. My tenants and I were thrilled by the results.

Description of Work
Needed some deck boards replaced and another deck pressure washed

Category decks, deck cleaning, pressure washing, woodworking

Work Completed On 10/12/2020

12/24/2020

Kimberly C.

A really great company to work with that also delivers an excellent product and craftsmanship. Our project was over $31,000 so we were quite conerned about getting the job done correctly. Jim the owner was very professional and kept us updated on the project at all times. Victor and Victor's crew were extremely hardworking and so pleasant to work with. We had a two story deck replaced along with replacing and moving the deck stairs. Jim's company was the only one that could plan out the move the deck stairs without compromising the rest of the deck and patio below. Also installed privacy fence, replaced front porch stairs and added some small hardscape. This is my first review on Angie's List as I felt it so important to give praise where it is rightfully due.

Description of Work
Replacement of deck, deck stairs, installed privacy fence, hardscape

Category concrete repair, decks, fencing, deck cleaning, patios

Work Completed On 11/20/2020