Dominion Roofing Co Inc

Founded 2009 • With Angi since March 2012

10554 Metropolitan Ave

Kensington, MD 20895

Dominion Roofing Co. is proud to provide quality roofing and exterior services to the entire Metropolitan DC including Northern Virginia and Maryland. We are a top rated, full service company with over 25 years experience in the roofing industry. Our goal has always been to differentiate ourselves from the standard fare of contractors through superior service and ethical business practices. We take our reputation in the community very seriously and Dominion Roofing is one of the only contracting companies in the area that has absolutely NO complaints filed against us across all agencies and bureaus. Our commitment to excellence and longevity is what separates us from our competition. From the moment you call Dominion Roofing, you will find our staff to be courteous and respectful. Your estimate will be carried out by a manager or the owner himself and you will never be confronted by a pushy paid salesmen. Our technicians carrying out your project are highly trained and receive ongoing education. Whether you’re in need of a repair or an entirely new roof or siding, we will install every component to exacting standards to ensure that you receive the full benefit and longevity that was intended....

08/16/2017

Dolores S.

The owner, William Fowler, came out and was very helpful. He was very pleasant, specific as to what they were going to do, and if I had a question about something that I didn't understand, he would address the question graciously. If I still wasn't satisfied, he would come out and go into detail about whatever it was that wasn't clear to me. I found his approach and his work completion very satisfactory, A1. I would recommend his company to anyone who may need a roof or gutter changes or repairs.

Description of Work
They put a roof on my house.

07/14/2016

Jason O.

Bill was quick to reply via both Angie's List and via text. I had some work that needed to be completed on a tight schedule to complete a home sale. Bill came out early in the week, took a look, gave me his honest assessment of what needed to be done, and a quote that was competitive to the others that we had. We decided to go with Dominion because Bill seemed to get what we needed to have done and seemed to have a plan to address the issues. The work was completed later that same week. Bill sent before and after pictures via text, as these were needed for our home sale.

Description of Work
Replaced 2 vent rings, repaired exposed nails, repaired deflecting strips

06/01/2016

John R.

I have a small roof that is in good shape and wanted a professional roofer to reseal around the chimney flashing and replace any missing or damaged shingles prior to sale. Bill not only resealed the flashing but also resealed the other vents and caulked a crack in the chimney mortar. He carried shingles in several colors with him so the one or two shingles he replaced were a close match to the existing shingles. Additionally, he wrote an assessment of the roof on his invoice that I will be able to use during the sale. Quite a lot more than expected and I will absolutely call him when needed again.

Description of Work
Roof inspection, light maintenance.

05/25/2016

Eric J.

03/29/2016

Jeremy A.

It was hard to find a roofing company that I could trust working on a steeply pitched slate roof. I had used two previously that I felt had done a sub-par job. Bill made a good impression and came out to our house to survey the roof condition soon after first contacting him through Angie's List. Unfortunately, while Bill did respond to emails, it took a little while to get an estimate, and a while longer to get a confirmed slot for when the work could be done. It was probably a busy time for roofers - as we had just thawed out from Snowpocalypse or whatever it was called - but it was 24 days from first contact to when the roof was fixed. Outside of that little hiccup however, I would absolutely recommend Dominion Roofing, especially for those with slate or metal rooves. The work was of high quality, was completed on the day promised, and our roof looks much better than before. I did notice that the website link on Angie's list is not correct - the correct website should be: http://www.dominionroofs.com/

Description of Work
Replace broken slate shingles, rehang gutter pulled out from snowstorm, repair/replace snow guards pulled out from snowstorm, reflash rotten pipe penetration, new ice&water shield at all new shingle locations.

Category gutter repair,roofing

12/22/2015

George L.

I knew I had some sort of leak in my roof because the ceiling drywall was starting to bulge in my upstairs bathroom. I contacted 3 roofing companies through Angie's List. The first two immediately told me how much repairs would cost, per hour. With the first company, I would have to wait about 2 weeks for an appointment. The second company was vague about when they might be able to do the work, and said they would call back. They never did call back. When I contacted the third company, I spoke to Bill and he said he could come the next morning to look at the situation. No mention about the price at all. I thought, "Now this is the way it should be done. Look at what needs to be done, then provide an estimate." Bill got up on the roof and looked at one of the exhaust seals and said it was definitely cracked and dry rotted and needed to be replaced. He explained what would be done and came the next day and did the work. I didn't need to be there when he did the work. He did a good job and the price was reasonable. I was relieved to have the problem solved before the cold winter months set in, with snow on the roof.

Description of Work
They replaced the seals around the two exhaust pipes that go through the roof.

09/22/2015

Louis W.

Great.

Description of Work
Fixed leaking roof including replacement of rotted wood and re-routing drainage pattern.

05/28/2015

Mr. R.

Description of Work
Replaced old rook with a new roof. Arrived on time, did an outstanding job of installing new roof. Very workmanlike and knowledgeable. After installation, hauled away old roofing materials and cleaned up the entire area. This is a first rate, disciplined outfit that I would recommend to anyone.

05/27/2015

Heather C.

The flat roof on our extension needed replacing and I contacted Bill Fowler from Dominion. He was professional and courteous and answered all of my questions. It initially took a few days for us to establish consistent communication, but given that this appears to be the start of the busy season for roofing jobs, this seems understandable. Fortunately we weren't in a rush since we didn't have a leak or other structural damage. Once we established a date for paying the deposit things went very smoothly. The job was started and finished in one day (7:30 am - ~6:00 pm). The work crew were courteous, focused, and did a really nice job. They also did a good job of cleaning up after themselves and avoided doing any damage to our lawn. Something that other vendors we've worked with in the past have not done. Overall, I was pleased with the work and thought the pricing was fair given the various estimates I got from other roofers. More importantly, my wife was happy. I'd definitely recommend Dominion for roofing work, especially flat roof work since that's what we had done. It was a plus as well to be able to support a good local business since Dominion is based in Kensington, MD where I live.

Description of Work
Removed and disposed all flat roof and flashings; removed front molding, inspected and re-nailed decking; furnished and mechanically installed new tapered Insulation board; furnished and installed new drip edge and gravel stop to all eaves; furnished and installed new TPO Roofing system using correct bonding adhesive and heat welded seams; furnished and installed new field fabricated aluminum counter flashing; furnished and installed new metal wrap to all fascia; sealed all flashings; cleaned and hauled all job debris

Category gutter repair,roofing

12/04/2014

Monika G.

This was a small job, but a storm had ripped out a patch of shingles. The rest of the roof was in good shape, so we did not need to replace the entire roof. I called 3 contractors. Bill (the owner) was the only one who actually went up onto the roof to inspect it!! He noticed a few other small damage areas that would have caused an expensive roof leak if they weren't sealed. The replacement area was towards the front of the house, and visible from the road. Since we couldn't get an exact color match, he switched out a patch from another area so that the street view repair area would not stand out. He was very professional, clean and prompt. We will use him again in a few years when its time for a replacement.

Description of Work
Roof replace shingles & seal

05/10/2013

Kathryn C.

Perfectly. Bill came out to do an inspection and estimate. He took pictures of the roof and spent time with me on the phone explaining what needed to be repaired. His workers were polite, on time, and finished the job in one day. Bill followed up with post-repair photos and further details on the work performed.

Description of Work
Roof maintenance (normal) & roof repair.

04/24/2013

Pamela H.

It was a good experience! He didn't try to scare me into having to replace my roof, I feel he was pretty honest and upfront about this. We also had some strong rain storms and the roof held up so he did what he said he would do. My neighbors also used them after he was done with my project!

Description of Work
He went on my roof and inspected what needed to be done and replaced several damaged rubber seals and shingles.

07/02/2012

Ronnie S.

I am a return customer (Dominion installed skylights for me a few years ago). Bill Fowler coordinated the work for installation of a new roof, corner boards, and fascia. He is very easy to work with, responsive, and customer oriented. All work was completed in one day as promised -- installation was efficient and without any problems. Workers showed up on time, were polite, and were careful and considerate in taking care to ensure that deck and garden were protected. Excellent job in clean-up. This was another good experience with Dominion Roofing from start to finish! Satisfied with the workmanship and I would recommend this company to others.

Description of Work
New roof, corner boards and fascia

05/24/2012

Laura M.

It was excellent. We don't have any problems. The project went as scheduled. The weather was very amenable so they finished in 3 days. We are very happy with our experience with them. We did a lot of research before selecting them. My husband and I are on the committee for the HOA Maintain and Constuction Committee.

Description of Work
They put on a new cedar shake roof.

04/04/2012

Jocelyn T.

Dominion was able to come out and inspect my attic fan quickly after I called them. They also inspected my roof and noted a few additional items of concern, that were inline with the age and comparable repairs done to other townhomes in my community. When they arrived to perform the work, they were professional, and the job was quickly done. I was very pleased with the service I received.

Description of Work
Attic Fan and Ventilation replacement.

Nicto Chimney Sweeps Inc

Nicto Chimney Sweeps is a small, family-run business specializing in chimney repair and cleaning. All of our technicians possess years of on-the-job experience. Not only that, they're also industry certified and committed to keeping up with the latest advances in the field. You can rest easy, because your chimney repair will be in the best and most skilled hands that it can be.

American Professional Chimney & Masonry

Multiple Super Service Award winner. We clean, Inspect, repair, install & reline chimneys, wood & gas stoves, fireplaces, sidewalks, driveways & do historic tuck pointing. Owner, Dave Myers, is the area's most experienced chimney diagnostician (since 1973). We have an A-Plus BBB rating & emphasize customer service excellence in every aspect of our business. What differentiates us from other companies is that we provide a thorough analysis and estimate for any necessary repairs, without any pressure or emphasis on sales. We are happy to prioritize any repairs that may be needed so that customer's can budget accordingly. Additional phones - 301-699-6050, Catherine Wilson, manager: 202-468-5590, 202-483-0440, 202-483-2223, and Dave Myers: 202-468-5596. Also doing business as: Artful Dusters Chimney Sweeps. Evening hours available but dependent on demand, requirements and availability of personnel.

Offers by American Professional Chimney & Masonry on Angi
    Winston's Chimney Service

Winston's has been sweeping and repairing chimneys since 1978 and we employ highly trained--in our own training facility--and highly paid technicians to the the job right the first time. We understand you are busy and we won't keep you waiting. We will take pictures of the areas in need of repair and provide them to you. There are no bait & switch pricing games and we offer a no hassle guarantee.

Shingle, slate, cedar shake, flat & composite roofs, siding, vinyl, aluminum, cement board & cedar, gutter replacement, wood trim, chimney, flashing, leak diagnosis, drywall, plaster, fascia, soffit replacement & repair.