Founded 1991 • With Angi since October 2005

For three generations we have specialized in carpet cleaning, rug cleaning, in-plant Oriental & area rug cleaning, carpet installation, and repair of your floor coverings. When you're in need of new carpeting, rugs, custom runners, or hardwood flooring be sure to stop by our showroom for a wide selection to choose from....

Professional Carpet Cleaning

+62 more images

carpet cleaning (200)oriental rug cleaning (133)carpet installation (31)flooring (21)upholstery cleaning (8)floor cleaning (4)hardwood floors (4)tile installation (2)drapery cleaning (1)

02/08/2021

Nagi E.

Terrible! I could have done a better job myself. Frankly, they have done such a sloppy useless job that is nit worth a penny. To add insult to injury, one of the technicians had a bad attitude. Stay away. You have been warned.

Description of Work
Carpet cleaning

Work Completed On 02/05/2021

Review for Ayoub N&H - 10516 Metropolitan Ave, Kensington, MD - 39180566

Thank you for your review. It looks like our technicians indicated your carpet was in a condition beyond what could be helped by cleaning, including the heavily soiled and damaged areas shown in your pictures, but it was insisted that we clean the carpet despite the pre-cleaning inspection report. We like to make sure we've provided our assessment up front so you have the choice of proceeding or not, and in this case you decided to move forward despite the report. We also try to provide the most value in the service we provide, but unfortunately the discount you were requesting was more than we could offer based on the condition of your carpet. In addition, according to the technician notes, you requested to know the race of the company owners, and were hoping to get an additional discount based on that criteria. At Ayoub N&H, we provide the same level of service and discounts no matter what the race of our client. We also care about the treatment of our employees, and find it unacceptable for them to be treated in the way they were because they didn't apply an additional discount.

09/30/2020

Teri S.

It went great! Price was reasonable. Workmanship and communication were excellent. Couldn't have asked for more.

Description of Work
Carpet stretching and repair

Category flooring contractor

Work Completed On 09/29/2020

08/28/2020

Marcy L.

My decorator suggested a fabulous wool rug for my office five years ago. I fell in love With it, and apparently didn’t notice it is ivory! Well, Ayoub has cleaned it every 7-8 months, and it still looks like new. Everyone there is terrific. I could not be happier.

Description of Work
Cleaning a 9x12 wool rug

Category carpet cleaners, upholstery cleaning, oriental rug cleaning

Work Completed On 08/28/2020

09/24/2019

Darcy F.

Great experience! There was some confusion on my part regarding the schedule and they immediately accommodated my new request. The team who came to clean was friendly and fast. It was really helpful to get the notification so you could track their arrival as well. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Carpet Cleaning

Work Completed On 09/20/2019

02/04/2019

JONATHAN S A.

Excellent work and great timing. I thought 3 bedrooms might take a day or two, but they were finished in 4 hours, including carefully moving furniture, disassembling and reassembling as needed. We presented a surprise challenge, a loft bed that couldn't be easily disassembled. They responded by quickly bringing in a 3rd person, and two lifted the bed while the third installed the carpet.

Description of Work
Replace wall to wall carpet in three bedrooms

Category carpet installation

Work Completed On 11/29/2018

11/21/2018

Gerhard M.

Excellent - first class work, and pleasant service

Description of Work
Replacement of wall-to-wall carpets in three rooms and two staircases

Category carpet installation

Work Completed On 11/21/2018

10/15/2018

Eleanor B.

Everything went smoothly and it was a very professional job -- I would hire them again !

Description of Work
Drapery cleaning (in-plant), area rug cleaned (in-plant), upholstery cleaned

Category drapery cleaning, upholstery cleaning, oriental rug cleaning

Work Completed On 09/14/2018

10/13/2018

Lisa T.

Ayoub staff were great. They kept me informed throughout the process, and the floors look great. Would hire again without a second thought!

Description of Work
Remove carpet and install, stain, and poly two rooms and a stair case

Category carpet cleaners, hardwood floor

Work Completed On 10/10/2018

08/20/2018

Anne M.

Excellent - everything was done as promised. The carpets look and feel wonderful. Would definitely use again.

Description of Work
Oriental carpet cleaning

Work Completed On 08/20/2018

04/05/2018

Laurence K.

Excellent service and communication. Pick-up, cleaning, repair, and delivery were all excellent. It appeared that great care was taken at all stages. We recommend the company highly.

Description of Work
Cleaning and minor repair wool Karastan area rug along with a second smaller rug

Work Completed On 04/05/2018

02/04/2018

Linda Z.

They came exactly when they said they would and picked up the carpets. They were ready on time, but agreed to keep them for me a few more weeks as I was having work done in the house and wanted to wait until it was done before laying out the carpets. When I was ready, they brought them promptly back and laid them for me. The new padding was cut to size and nice quality. The carpets looked great - got all stains out and looked almost like new. Very happy with results.

Description of Work
I had 3 carpets sent out for cleaning. They also provided me with a padding for one carpet.

Category carpet cleaners, oriental rug cleaning

Work Completed On 01/12/2018

10/19/2017

Bettina T.

I was very nervous about hiring them because most of the reviews were for carpet work, but I am glad I took a chance on them. They were very patient with me and answered all my many questions. Because it is a small family-owned business they were a little more expensive than other estimates but were worth the cost. They sent their two best workers (Cesar and his assistant) and Cesar is all business. They took up the old carpet, moved all the furniture out and sanded the living room, dining room, front foyer and hallway plus two closets. Since I did not like any of the sample color stains, we kept the beautiful red oak floors and just used an oil finish. Looking good! The threshold work was extra and Cesar did a beautiful job on that too. He definitely knows his craft and takes pride in his work. We are very pleased with the results of Ayoub's floor refinishing work. A job well done!

Description of Work
Floors refinished

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor

Work Completed On 09/27/2017

10/16/2017

Pamela B.

Good. Pad was too large. Came back the next day to fix it. Price was very high compared to the cleaning done two years ago.

Description of Work
Rug cleaning and pad

Work Completed On 10/16/2017

09/20/2017

Tracy L.

The job was done professionally and timely.

Description of Work
Carpet cleaning and valuation.

Work Completed On 08/28/2017

08/25/2017

Andrea B.

We've worked with Ayoub N & H twice: once on full-room carpeting and stairs, and then on laminate flooring for our basement. Both times they were responsive and personable, and very patient as we took time to make up our minds. They were on time for quotes at our house and installation, and maintained a clean worksite. We recommend them without reservation!

Description of Work
Carpet and Flooring

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

07/27/2017

heather G.

Very well. Picked up and delivered when scheduled

Description of Work
Hand washed two oriental rugs

Work Completed On 06/27/2017

07/25/2017

sarah S.

The rug looks like new, the guys showed up on time to pick up and drop off and they were super helpful putting the rug back down.

Description of Work
We sent out a 8x10 area rug to be cleaned

Category carpet cleaners, oriental rug cleaning

Work Completed On 07/25/2017

07/08/2017

Donna G.

It went very well. The men who picked it up were courteous and explained all the services I could get done to protect my rug, as well as pointing out that the rug had some damage that could get worse in the cleaning process. The cleaned rug looks beautiful-the colors are more vibrant.

Description of Work
I had my Oriental rug picked up from my old house, cleaned and delivered to my new house.

Work Completed On 06/24/2017

06/15/2017

Barbara N.

They worked extremely hard and did a beautiful job! They were professional and helpful throughout and the carpet which was quite soiled from a prior renter, came out perfectly. I will definitely use them again. Thank you!

Description of Work
They cleaned my basement rug and all the carpeted stairways in my home.

Work Completed On 06/06/2017

06/12/2017

Elaine T.

It went great! I love this company and the work they do! Worth every cent!

Description of Work
If you need to get your oriental rugs cleaned this is the place to go. They are top notch and do a wonderful job! Their customer service is awesome as well.

Work Completed On 06/12/2017

05/03/2017

Michael K.

The cleaning was performed to our satisfaction, and the company was very good about follow up to make sure we were satisfied, and to hopefully secure our business in the future. We would hire again, and have already recommended them to others who had similar good experiences.

Description of Work
Cleaning of one stained oriental rug.

Work Completed On 05/03/2017

04/04/2017

Adam H.

wonderful team and very professional

Description of Work
clean two rugs

Work Completed On 04/04/2017

03/27/2017

PATRICIA B.

I found both the office and the team that picked up and delivered the rugs to be very friendly and helpful, and very responsive to my questions. I would certainly use them again.

Description of Work
They cleaned two rugs - a very large living room rug and a runner. They also wrapped the rugs for me as I am storing them for the moment.