AMICUS GREEN BUILDING CENTER

Founded 2005 • With Angi since July 2010

4.4

4080 HOWARD AVE A

Kensington, MD 20895

The Amicus Green Building Center is a unique design center and home improvement store. We believe in creating fresh spaces. Fresh designs, fresh air, fresh water, and a fresh take on what our spaces can do for us.

08/31/2019

Pat R.

It all went really well. Jason knows his inventory backwards and forwards, and has always given us good advice on our options.

Description of Work
Getting sustainable/green building materials for home renovations

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, interior designers, remodeling, interior painters, home improvement stores

06/17/2014

elizabeth P.

We went with this company because they pay close attention to ensure the products they offer meet strict environmental standards. In some ways they provided excellent service, e.g. they stayed open late on a weekend to accommodate us; they went out of there way to have a sample cabinet door (not in the current cabinet line they sold) sent over so they could try to match the cabinet stain with a stain they did offer; and they worked efficiently with my less experienced contractor. In other ways, I was disappointed with there service, I would have liked a warning that because the products they use are environmental and not as mass produced, that specially experienced contractors may be required, and less uniformity should be expected. Just a few examples of how lack of this knowledge caused problems, include: 1) the paint they ordered for our cabinets was not the gloss level you would normally use on cabinets. When I asked why they sold me this a typical cabinet paint, they had an explanation, from my end, however, I wish I had been warned. The type they purchased for me chips more easily than typical cabinet paint; 2) I wish they had mentioned that the back space I ordered was hand made and did not arrive in uniform shape and size, thus requiring a contractor with a certain type of experience to install it. These back splash tiles were extreme expensive, compared to the manufactured brands, they arrived with no instructions on installation, and because they were handmade I could not return them. It cost me a lot more money to use a contractor who new how to install non- uniform tiles Amicus Building Center recommended for me. and 3) I had been warned that the flooring they recommended can arrive with significant variations in shading. Lastly, I would warn that thier products are more expensive, we expected this because environmental brands with good company safety records, often are. However, in some cases it may be worth checking outside prices on equally environmental trusted company brands. More example, the faucetst hey offered were all hundreds of dollars compared to some 30-100 dollar offerings at other companies.

Description of Work
Helped us select and purchase cabinets, flooring, lighting, counter top, back splash, and paint for a kitchen remodel.

12/19/2013

Irene S.

Amicus was an excellent company to work with for my hardwood floors. They were very informative and helped with my choice of floors. They were very cooperative and patient and extremely helpful in ordering and provided various options for my wood choices and installation. They also recommended Premier Flooring for the installation--a top-notch recommendation--and they worked well with the installers as needed. Amicus is a class company to work with. I would rate them a 10 on a scale of 1 to 10!! A great experience!!

Description of Work
Amicus provided guidance on hardwood flooring that was eco-friendly. They ordered samples of hardwood flooring that I took home to help me choose my hardwood floors. I chose Tobaccowood--wood reclaimed from tobacco farms in Virginia--it was eco-friendly and less expensive than new wood. Amicus also advised on the most allergen-free, eco-friendly sealer for the hardwood floors. Amicus ordered my hardwood flooring and when we needed additional wood and sealer they worked very hard to have that wood and sealer provided in a timely manner.

Category flooring contractor, interior designers, remodeling, home improvement stores

Hi [remove member name] - Thanks for the great comments and such a beautiful project. The floors look great and it was so fun working with you. Enjoy in health and happiness! Happy new year!

10/24/2013

virginia V.

Description of Work
Nothing

01/19/2013

jane M.

We love their environmentally sensitive materials. They were knowledgeable, helpful, and able to match our color. Parking can be a little tight, though.

Description of Work
We bought house paint from them.

Buric Heating and Air Conditioning

**Call us today for a FREE ESTIMATE on Heating or AC system replacements!** With over 19 years of experience, Buric Heating and Air Conditioning is a full service residential heating and cooling company that has offered Ellicott City, MD and its surrounding areas with plenty of jobs well done. By offering straight forward pricing and free estimates on equipment installations or replacements, you can trust that they are the right HVAC professionals for you. Call today for your next appointment!

Green Painting & Carpentry Inc.

Green Painting offers a unique service. We are a Maryland-based team of craftsmen dedicated to the highest degree of quality and service, paying special attention to the health affects and environmental impact of each project. Actively researching and testing the latest eco-friendly technologies, we ensure that the paints, finishes, and adhesives used are all zero-VOC and that our cleaning supplies meet the highest standards to mitigate exposure to environmental toxins. We practice smart recycling techniques to reduce waste often associated with contracting projects, which in turn benefits our environment. By selecting a Green Painting project you will limit exposure to harmful petrochemicals while achieving the highest degree of professionalism and excellence. Additional Service Area:olney, mount airy, chevy chase, bethesda, potomac, mongomery village, tacoma park,white oak, olney,

Homm Certified Painting Systems

At Hömm Certified Painting Systems, we don’t just get the painting job done, we get the job done right. We believe in clear, consistent communication with our clients and dedication to artistry and expertise. We value work ethic and industry standards, and continually strive to be the leader in the exterior and interior painting services in the Northern Virginia and Maryland. Angi Super Service Award for 14 consecutive years including 2021. We are committed to our clients by following our customer service oriented processes. We make sure that the outcome of every project, regardless of its size, will be satisfactory. We value your business and we will strive to keep it. 10 employees. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. Additional email - info@hommcps.com. Additional phone - (703) 920-1230. We look forward to working with you!

Offers Coupon

MasterCard, Discover, Check, Visa, PayPal, Financing Available

We are not independent licensed contractors. Instead we work with clients, contractors, subcontractors, and other parties. We have a network of contractors that we refer customers to, and we are also happy to work with your own contractor.

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about AMICUS GREEN BUILDING CENTER

How is AMICUS GREEN BUILDING CENTER overall rated?

AMICUS GREEN BUILDING CENTER is currently rated 4.4 overall out of 5.

What days are AMICUS GREEN BUILDING CENTER open?

AMICUS GREEN BUILDING CENTER is open:

What payment options does AMICUS GREEN BUILDING CENTER provide

AMICUS GREEN BUILDING CENTER accepts the following forms of payment: MasterCard, Discover, Check, Visa, PayPal, Financing Available

Does AMICUS GREEN BUILDING CENTER offer free estimates?

Ask AMICUS GREEN BUILDING CENTER for details on free project estimates.

Does AMICUS GREEN BUILDING CENTER offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, AMICUS GREEN BUILDING CENTER offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Does AMICUS GREEN BUILDING CENTER offer a senior discount?

No, AMICUS GREEN BUILDING CENTER does not offer a senior discount.

Are warranties offered by AMICUS GREEN BUILDING CENTER?

No, AMICUS GREEN BUILDING CENTER does not offer warranties.

What services does AMICUS GREEN BUILDING CENTER offer?

AMICUS GREEN BUILDING CENTER offers the following services: Kitchen & bath design; Small project architectural design; Building science consulting (implementing the most appropriate and worthwhile insulation, HVAC, windows & doors, and other elements into a project's designs and construction); Energy design and management Forensics (energy audits, finding energy and comfort problems, and their solutions); Passive House consultation Landscape design and irrigation management; Stormwater management and retention (cisterns, rain gardens, etc.)

Are there any services AMICUS GREEN BUILDING CENTER does not offer?