American Windows & Siding

Founded 1991 • With Angi since September 2007

American Windows & Siding of VA, Inc., specializes in custom windows, siding, doors, and roof systems. We use the finest quality products and labor available, and all our work is guaranteed for your peace of mind. Owner operated and employee owned, the company was established in 1991. We have two locations for your convenience - one in Fairfax, Virginia and one in Kensington, Maryland. We’ve been a member of the Better Business Bureau since 1993, and our customer service and proven track record of thousands of satisfied customers have earned us the reputation of an industry leader. All our workers are licensed, bonded, and insured. We have been top rated for the last eleven years in Washington Checkbook Magazine, a leading consumer publication for the DC metro area. In March of 2011 we were recognized as one of the "The Top 200 Remodelers" by Washingtonian Magazine and we have an "A" rating on Angie's List, receiving their Super Service Award for the past two years. With more than 13,000 jobs successfully completed in Northern Virginia, DC and suburban Maryland, we are proud of our reputation. Take a look at what our customers have to say. LICENSE # 49774....

A Service Provider's profile image

+24 more images

window replacement (107)door installation (50)siding companies (18)gutter repair (12)roofing (8)woodworking (2)masonry (1)insulation (1)HVAC Companies (1)gutter cleaning (1)

09/28/2021

Jennifer J.

Very pleased with the services performed by this company to replace 10 windows in my townhome. Mike provided an estimate after patiently listening to my needs, and having never purchased windows before, I was impressed by his tailored options that met my criteria. The estimate also fell below what had been quoted by a national chain, which was a pleasant surprise. Installation was smooth and the service crew was responsive, and one month later I couldn’t be happier with the quality of the windows. Discounts were available for payment in cash or credit although the company did offer a financing option. I will be using this company again.

Description of Work
Window replacement

Work Completed On 09/13/2021

03/05/2021

Cherkea H.

This company was great to work with! They are professional and offer outstanding deals for projects big and small. They gave us new siding to our two condo buildings, installing it within a few days once the supplies arrived. After that, we had a new sliding patio door installed. Gary was easy to reach and made these two projects go smoothly. I definitely recommend them!

Description of Work
Siding and a new sliding patio door

Category siding, doors

Work Completed On 02/25/2021

02/07/2021

Nathan M.

We worked primarily with Connor, Mike and Jack to have all the windows and doors replaced in our DC row home, as well as having our back doorway turned into a large bay window and former window turned into a doorway (substantial masonry work). We had a lot of questions about the masonry work beforehand, and both Connor and Mike came out to our house multiple times (once with the mason) prior to signing a contract to walk us through the process. Connor and Mike were incredibly patient and helpful as we went back and forth via email over a span of weeks to ensure that we were 100% confident in the products we ended up selecting (Sunrise Restoration windows, ProVia doors). Connor’s communication was consistently exceptional, we would always get a quick response to emails/texts/calls and were regularly updated on the status of our order (delayed due to COVID-19). Connor was even able to provide a long-term financing option at our request. Once the products had arrived, Jack arranged our install dates and set expectations for the work. AWS showed up with a large crew of 10-12 workers who were all respectful, friendly and thoughtful as they maneuvered swiftly throughout our home. Connor and Jack were present to oversee a lot of the work, though the crew needed little direction. The speed at which the team operated was impressive, and the quality of the install did not suffer as a result. Although we had purchased inserts rather than full tear replacements, some of our window frames had deteriorated and AWS replaced the damaged wood frames without hesitation. Given the small size of our home, we weren’t able to get much done while the team was working but luckily my partner and I both had work off during the two install days. During the installation we realized that one of the initial door measurements had been off, and Mike very kindly offered to order a correctly sized replacement door at no cost to us. A couple months after the initial install, Connor and Jack returned when the replacement door was ready and also inspected all the windows and doors to ensure that everything was perfect. I cannot overstate the level of dedication to customer satisfaction we experienced with AWS. As I said, this was not a small job and we could not be happier with the final outcome. Even when unexpected challenges arose along the way, Mike, Connor and Jack put our wants and needs first in determining the appropriate solution. AWS is a truly professional operation, and we’d highly recommend them to our family/friends/anyone considering new windows or doors.

Description of Work
Window Replacement, Door Replacement, Masonry Work

Category masonry, replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 02/04/2021

11/15/2020

Pete C.

Workers showed up on time and performed an outstanding job installing the new windows. Workers were extremely efficient and polite. Very pleased with the new windows.

Description of Work
replace old windows

Category siding, woodworking

Work Completed On 02/16/2021

11/20/2019

Guitele N.

Their service was excellent. It was done in a timely way, efficiently and clean. I found that the pricing was fair for the quality of their work and materials that they used.

Description of Work
They changed the 28 windows and 3 entry doors.

Work Completed On 04/19/2019

11/14/2019

James & Kate T.

Outstanding service. The head of the company was the one who actually came and did the measuring and did the estimate. The actual job was really really good and would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
They installed 1 window and 2 doors.

Work Completed On 10/14/2019

11/04/2019

Martha R.

Excellent work, we are very happy and we are hiring them for another project

Description of Work
Window and Door Replacement

Work Completed On 11/10/2019

06/04/2019

Pablo G.

We have done many works on our houses over the years. Mike and his team have been one of the best -if not the best of all!- contractors we have ever hired. Very professional, responsive, clear about price, quality and timings. They did an amazing (big) job for us, from scheduling, to providing us with an estimate, to discussing with us carefully and patiently all the alternatives and options/products, to installation. I cannot recommend them enough. Mike and his team are plain and simple great. Thanks Mike!

Description of Work
Window replacement

Work Completed On 06/03/2019

05/05/2019

Natalie F.

A very nice person came over to measure my door, discuss options and provide a quote almost 2 months ago. I never heard from them again. I sent an email asking for my estimate, was told I would get it immediately. I am still waiting. Obviously this company doesn't need new business.

Description of Work
Front door replacement

Category doors

Work Completed On 04/12/2019

04/05/2019

Edward P.

Wonderful. We got serval quotes for replacement windows. We really liked Gary who worked with us to not just get the best window but the best price. There was no pressure. Totally satisfied with the selection and sales process. The windows arrived earlier than expected and we had our installation the next day. Great crew. Fast installation. Perfect results. Could not be more satisfied. And the windows look like they were original to our house built in 1938...but with no leaks and greater energy efficiency. Did the Pella Architects series and they are perfect. Thanks you guys. Whew, glad that is off our to do list.

Description of Work
17 windows replaced

Work Completed On 04/05/2019

03/17/2019

Amon K.

Good result, it just took a long time and communications could be improved. Apart from that, the door/window installation and masonry teams did a great job. We initially requested estimates from several companies in September 2018, all A-rated Angie’s List companies. They were all Platinum rated Provia dealers. The estimates for the same doors and windows varied by an order of $3000-6000, so shop around! American’s estimate seemed the most reasonable. In particular, we were favorably impressed by Jack from American because he was not pushy, unlike the other salesman from other companies. Jack was also very helpful when we visited the sales display room in Kensington to look at products. We finalized our estimate and placed a deposit in late November 2018. We were told the door would need a month or so to be ordered and prepared. As this dragged on, I could have used a bit more proactive updates from American. I contacted them every two or so weeks starting in late January. One reason for delay was to wait for the mason to be available. They were not very consistent at telling me when the work would take place. The work was completed in mid March. Meanwhile, I was working with two other contractors (electrical and roofing) that were very responsive, so the contrast was pretty obvious. I had additional work I needed done, including windows, sliding doors and gutters. I asked several times for a detailed estimate from American for gutters, and only got a quote. While I would recommend American to others for windows and doors, I ultimately went with another company for the gutter installation.

Description of Work
Replace front door, large window adjacent to door, and portion of cement foundation under door and window.

Work Completed On 03/14/2019

03/13/2019

Robert S.

Mike came out several times to make sure the door that was to be special ordered would be an exact fit. After several weeks for the door to come from the manufacturer, Mike and his team came out and did a great job installing the door and matching the paint colors to the existing area. The door and frame were replaced.

Description of Work
Our custom wood front door had rotted out and needed to be replaced. We wanted a specific door and look from a specific manufacturer.

Category doors

Work Completed On 01/23/2019

11/20/2018

MARK P.

One of their sales reps came to my house on Saturday, November 10th, to give my wife and I an estimate to have six windows replaced. He was very knowledgeable and courteous, and when he left, he told us he’d be in touch with us ‘early next week’. When I didn’t hear from him by the end of the week, I texted him early Friday morning. When I didn’t get a response by 1:00, I called the Kensington office. The missing sales rep answered the phone. He didn’t seem to know who I was at first, but after he looked me up, he seemed to remember me. There wasn’t an apology or explanation as to why I hadn’t heard from him, or if he had received my text from earlier that morning. He said he’d provide an estimate shortly. My assumption was that he’d get me something by the end of the day. Still nothing. I left an email via their website on Monday morning, and within 15 minutes, I received the estimate via email. Still no apology or an explanation as to why I was forced to contact them 3 times before I got a response. The quote on the windows seemed reasonable, but they wanted $175 per pair for the shutters, which seemed really exorbitant. In any event, due to their complete lack of responsiveness, there's no way I could trust them to actually do any work on my house.

Description of Work
Replace six windows and shutters for 7 windows (14 shutters total)

Work Completed On 11/19/2018

04/19/2018

Clarence K.

The initial estimate was finished very quickly about one day. Gary came back and took all the measurements and ordered the windows and door. The hardware was delivered about three weeks later. They installed the windows in one day and came back to finish the door installation. Work was professionally done. All windows were insulated and caulked. Cleaned up carefully afterwards.

Description of Work
American windows and siding replaced 31 windows and a sliding glass door.

Work Completed On 04/19/2018

03/13/2018

Eana C.

Loved working with Gary. Thanks, Gary!

Description of Work
Replaced 20 windows in our new house

Work Completed On 01/03/2018

11/19/2017

Pat R.

The crew arrived on time and were excellent. They listened to our concerns, worked quickly and safely, and took care of few extra issues that we pointed out without any fuss. Great work. They could have been a bit better about cleaning up aluminum cuttings afterward, though this was made more difficult by the leaves down in the yard at the time. The B on responsiveness is solely for the main office re: the silent period between the time we put in a down payment and the time we were contacted about when a work date might be set - one call or text would have helped us plan and know what to expect. Again, the crew was great and quite responsive to our requests.

Description of Work
4 dormers repaired and wrapped, some trim and rake board repair and one small siding repair

Category siding, replacement windows

Work Completed On 11/06/2017

10/25/2017

Rosemary B.

The crew was on time, polite, tidy and professional. The workmanship was exceptional, especially the outside wrapping and interior/exterior caulking. The company representatives were a pleasure to deal with.

Description of Work
Installed 25 windows.

Work Completed On 10/18/2017

10/05/2017

Justine R.

A superb organization---work beautifully done, with politeness and as promised. Rare to find a company who handles all details with such kindness and a sense of devotion. Feel privileged to have had them work on our home.

Description of Work
Roof and vent repair

Category roofing, replacement windows

Work Completed On 10/05/2017

Thank you for your kind words. It was a pleasure working with you again.

07/03/2017

Leo A.

This team is truly professional! it was both a joy and pleasure to work with them on this project. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a positive experience as they really do go above and beyond for the customer. The prices were also the best I founds!

Description of Work
order windows.

Work Completed On 06/28/2017

It's been a pleasure working with you on your worhtwhile project!

06/25/2017

Kevin B.

It went well with no bad surprises. Arrived on time for estimates. Arrived on time for the final installation. NO haggling back and forth for 30 minutes over an inflated price with the salesman like other companies.

Description of Work
Replace all single pane windows for a remodel. Total number of windows around 14.

Work Completed On 06/17/2017

06/19/2017

Paul M.

This company did a great job all around! Of the quotes that we got, they were the highest by a small amount but it seemed clear that they would also do a wonderful job - which they did. I liked the fact that they had a showroom where we could see easily what we were buying. Mike also made some suggestions different from our original thoughts and they were very helpful. We couldn't be more pleased with the look of the house at this point, and since our old windows were from 1962, there is a huge improvement in the technology of the windows and doors themselves. The workers were on time and were pretty speedy. Communication was very good. Overall, we would definitely use this company again.

Description of Work
We wanted new windows and doors, and to have the trim (soffits, fascia) replaced or wrapped, also new gutters.

Category gutter repair, replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 06/13/2017

Review for American Windows & Siding - 10516 Detrick Ave, Kensington, MD - 35289917

We're happy to hear you're pleased with how our company helped to transform your home. It was a pleasure working with you.

06/08/2017

Cindy V.

If you need windows, don't hesitate to call this company. They are knowledgeable and will work to get you the best option for the best price. Quality product with professional installation. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Window replacements (3) and new window installation.

Work Completed On 06/08/2017