A WALK IN THE PARK

Founded 1999 • With Angi since February 2005

10335 Kensington Pkwy Ste I

Kensington, MD 20895

A partner to the Montgomery County community since 1999, we are a family-run business providing 5-star services including dog walking, pet sitting, house sitting, pet taxi, litter box and yard waste cleanup, and delivery of food and supplies. We are passionate about the health and well-being of all animals and want to be your partner to care for your fur babies....

09/14/2020

Melissa U.

Excellent! I am a difficult client because I don't feel comfortable with people in my home when I'm absent and I have a difficult dog who is aggressive with strangers. Mack spent over an hour with me during our initial interview and during that time made me feel at ease and did not try to win over my dog but instead allowed her the time to get used to him. I have an outside video camera and I could see that my dog was calm walking with Mack and the assigned dog walker and that they spent the agreed upon allotted time outside. They have an app that makes it easy to reach them, schedule appointments and view invoices among other things. I found them to be trustworthy, dependable and experienced handling my dog. Unfortunately, I started with A Walk in the Park only weeks before the pandemic hit, so I don't have a long term experience but I feel confident that this would have been a lasting working relationship. I highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Walking my dog during the day

Category pet sitters,dog walkers

09/04/2020

Susan H.

Great! Highly recommend a walk in the park! Always friendly and helpful! Leaving our pets in someone else’s care isn’t an easy choice—but knowing they are in good hands is such a relief! We’ve used dog walking and pet sitting services, all with great success.

Description of Work
Dog walking and cat sitting

Category pet sitters,dog walkers

Thank you for your review! We are glad you and your fur babies are part of the A Walk in the Park family!

05/27/2017

I have been a client of Walk in the Park since it launched almost 15 years ago. For many years they walked my dog 6 days a week -- today, they are always on call when I need someone to fill in for me to walk and/or feed the dog. I have stayed with them so long because both the owners and the walkers really care about our dogs. When I moved with an elderly dog from our house of many years to an apartment, they made every effort to send walkers the dog knew to help reduce the dog's stress. One of the owners visits new clients to learn about both the dog and the owner's preferences; to see the lay of the land and understand the dog owners' preferences. All this is in a folder that every walker brings when coming to walk our dog. An experienced walker or one of the company owners accompanies hew dog walkers on their first day. So you can be totally comfortable with the dog walkers who are entering your home. After the walk, you get a full report in writing from the dog walker. I have recommended Walk in the Park to a number of friends and neighbors over the years and all ended up swearing by the company. I think you will too.

Description of Work
Over a period of almost 15 years, Walk in the Park has walked my dog on a schedule determined by me, fed the dog as requested and ensured that the dog was taken care when I was at work or had commitments when I could not walk the dog on a timely basis.

12/03/2015

Jason J.

I think I've used them once or twice. They're kind of pricey. I will use them again if I have to.

Description of Work
It was for a 15-minute walk.

05/30/2014

Jason J.

They are good. Price is kind of high. I would use them in the future if i had to.

Description of Work
I used A Walk in the Park for a walk with my pets.

09/16/2009

paul H.

I have used this company for many years to check on my cats.

Description of Work
Checking on one house cat. Refresh food and water. Scoop litter. Pick up mail and papers.

Category pet sitters

03/15/2009

Thea J.

It's gone great. They've taken excellent care of our cats and even cleaned up a couple of pet accidents. We've been very happy with the service.

Description of Work
A Walk in the Park has sat for our pets on numerous occasions. They come to our home, bring in the mail, feed the cats - making sure they've seen both of them, check and clean the boxes, and leaving us a little written report each time on the state of the cats and the house.

Category kennels

10/31/2007

Suzan F.

The best recommendation I can give is that I have been using this company for several years and intend to continue to use them indefinitely.

Description of Work
My dog receives a daily walk from A Walk in the Park. This is an all-round excellent company. My dog is very well cared for, they never miss a walk, and as noted in other reports, the walkers do report anything amiss in your home or with your pet. It gives me great peace of mind to know that a reliable person is checking in on my dog and my house every day. The company is particularly accommodating with changes in the schedule, either add ons or cancellations. I highly recommend this company.

01/28/2007

ELLEN M.

The walkers are exceptionally reliable and very careful with the dogs. When my elderly mother visits I still have them come and she has reported that the dogs are always happy and excited to see the walkers. They love the dogs and the dogs love them. The walkers vary from the same pool day to day, and one person comes most often so the dogs know them. One of the walkers is especially fond of my dogs (and vice versa) he took pictures of them home at Christmas to show his family. Walk in the Park is very flexible about changes and added visits, they have reasonable policies and I have never been turned down for a requested change. The dogs get treats at holiday time. I feel confident about the safety and well being of my dogs and the house with AWITP.

Description of Work
Walk in the Park (AWITP) provides dog walking service for our two dogs at least three times per week while we are at work. This includes walking the dogs, playing with them, fresh water and treats, and making sure everything is in order when the dogs' are and in the house. They bring in the mail. They leave reports about the dogs bathroom results and point out anything different or out of line that they notice about the do's health or behavior. If there is something general about the dogs or house to report, the will leave a note; e.g. when the globe around the porch light broke just as I was leaving late for work one day and didn't have time to deal with it, the walker reported broken glass on the porch AND cleaned it up. If it is something that I should know about sooner, they will call me at work; e.g. one day they called to report that when the walker arrived the back door was wide open. Note the the cost above is for a 30 minute visit for two dogs (one 55 lbs, one 70 lbs).

02/28/2005

Margaret T.

I REGULARLY USE A WALK IN THE PARK DOG WALKING SERVICE TO WALK MY DOG WHEN I WILL BE AWAY FOR THE WEEKEND. THE STAFF IS VERY FRIENDLY AND RELIABLE. THEY TAKE THE DOG FOR A WALK AND THEN PROVIDE A CUDDLE OR A LITTLE EXTRA ATTENTION. I HAVE FOUND THIS TO BE SO MUCH BETTER THAN LEAVING MY DOG AT A KENNEL. RACHEL THE OWNER HAS A GENUINE INTEREST IN ANIMALS AND PROVIDES A VALUABLE SERVICE TO PEOPLE WITH PETS. THEY WALK DOGS ALL OVER MY NEIGHBORHOOD AND I HAVE NEVER HEARD A COMPLAINT.

Description of Work
DOG WALKING

Category pet sitters

Best Messenger Inc

Best Messenger provides immediate or scheduled pickup and delivery of all items small and large, every day of the year, with no advance notice, appointment, or account ever needed Pay with credit card or cash. Service is fast and affordable, prices are posted online, and tipping is not recommended or expected.

Pet Sitting by Patricia

Pet Sitting by Patricia is a bonded and insured, full service dog walking and pet sitting company. Patricia’s dedicated team come from varied professional backgrounds: the team includes animal rescue volunteers, dog trainer, vet technicians, homeland security professional, law enforcement professional, legal assistant, law student, classical musician, school teachers, a neuroscientist, and some retirees, to name just a few. Each of our dog walkers/ pet sitters has a deep love of animals, as well as being active community citizens. Pet sitting by Patricia has been servicing the Bethesda/Chevy Chase and upper NW DC areas for 18 years. The company is considered one of the best dog walking/pet sitting services in the area – and have been recognized as such in both BETHESDA MAGAZINE as well as the WASHINGTONIAN. Patricia and her husband Jay, and their two cats Doris and Steve, happily reside in the Mohican Hills area of Bethesda. A Bethesda native, Patricia is a graduate of Georgetown University. Jay, also an animal lover, worked at one time for the Montgomery County Humane Society, is a graduate of the University of Maryland, and is currently an Environmental Engineer for Montgomery County. As a member of E.A.R.S., an emergency animal rescue organization, Patricia was honored to have been a part of rescue mission, to help lost or injured animals, after Hurricane Katrina. In addition, a few select team members volunteer, on a weekly basis, at the Washington Humane Society.

Here & Now Movers

Here & Now Movers and Storage is based in Gaithersburg, MD; offering professional Residential and Commercial Moving Services in DC, Maryland, Northern Virginia for local moving as well as beyond for long-distance moving. We also provide storage as well as packing service. We know how stressful moving can be, so we make it simple. We provide a free estimate based on the anticipated service and charge a transparent hourly rate starting at just $109. We also provide packing services and offer packing materials at a reasonable price. We are a family-operated business which means we take every move personally and do everything we can to keep our customers happy! Our crew is professional and respectful of your time. We will treat your belongings as if they were our own and take care of all the work so you can have time to do the things you need without forgetting to plan lunch and dinner.

Dog Walking
    Animal & House Sitting
    Animal Boarding Kennels
    Delivery Service
    Veterinarians
    Animal Training
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal

Pet sitting, dog walking, pet taxi, pet supply delivery

boarding, vet