Advantage Home Exteriors

Founded undefined • With Angi since October 2008

We are the experts when it comes to home exteriors. With years of experience and dedication to improving home quality, comfort, and energy efficiency with the best products in the industry. Our company offers: Window Replacement Vinyl Siding Installation & Repair Sliding Door Replacement &

gutter repair (45)roofing (17)door installation (4)gutter cleaning (4)siding companies (3)window replacement (2)drain pipe installation (1)well & water pump repair (1)

10/14/2022

Robert H B.

Punctual, professional. Did a great job at a very reasonable price.

Description of Work
Replaced gutters

Work Completed On 10/10/2022

01/03/2020

Jung P.

Very professional folks. They showed up on time and job was done as promised. I am very happy with new roof so far, and will update my review as time goes.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Work Completed On 12/23/2019

01/27/2019

Will S.

We sent out a request for estimates for the job to several contractors. Advantage was the first to respond and also offered the best price. The communication from/with the company was exemplary. They crew arrived on time and both men were friendly, pleasant and professional. They did a wonderful job including accommodating a couple of idosyncratic turns necessitated by a porch extension that was not a part of the original structure. They informed me when they needed to open a gate to get to the back yard so I wouldn't let the dogs out while the gate was open. They worked quickly and carefully and then cleaned up the site, removing any hazards, scraps, or nails. I wouldn't hesitate to call Advantage again and would recommend the company whole-heartedly.

Description of Work
Gutter and downspout replacement

Work Completed On 12/18/2018

11/26/2018

Hank B.

The Advantage people arrived at 6:30 AM and our dog let us know they were here. They worked competently for the entire day and into the next. The new roof looks great and the clean-up was excellent.

Description of Work
The roof leaked. It was 25 years old.

Work Completed On 11/20/2018

10/28/2018

Michele G.

It went absolutely wonderful! The contractors felt more like family than businessmen. Jeff and Mike both were attentive to my needs. Everytime I had contact with the front office, they were also top of the line customer service agents. I replaced the roof on my townhouse. The work was done efficiently and quickly. The bay window was reinforced and water proofed. I had one itty bitty issue with the siding around my window. Called and they came out and fixed it perfectly. This company is world class and will always do what it take to please you.

Description of Work
I contracted for a roof, but these professionals identified a bay window that was rotting

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding

Work Completed On 08/30/2018

08/30/2018

Azim S.

He came on time, and explain everything. It took about a month to finish.

Description of Work
Replace one gutter and clean the rest of them

Work Completed On 08/15/2018

10/04/2017

Wayne G.

Contractor was very professional. Arrived on-time. Price was below other quotes and quality of work was excellent. Would hire again.

Description of Work
Gutter replacement

Work Completed On 08/09/2017

09/27/2017

Michele C P.

Excellent work. Color matched perfectly. got the larger size gutter and love it.

Description of Work
new gutters

Work Completed On 09/27/2017

09/13/2017

Daniel S.

They were very good, worked with their roofer well. installation is seamless .Great communication was also !st class from the start to the end, and when we found a problem they were right here.

Description of Work
had gutters replaced and gutter guard installed.

Work Completed On 09/01/2017

09/01/2017

Daniel S.

with a rubber roof/they also did work on the wood where the access was removed and re covered that with lumber insulation board then laid the roofing material. They worked with us all the way to make sure we were happy.

Description of Work
Had our flat roof replaced .

Work Completed On 09/01/2017

Thank you for your kind words; it was a pleasure working with you!

05/19/2017

Joe A.

Amazing. Honestly the best contractors I have ever worked with. Started with super friendly and helpful folks like Dawn answering the phone and all my questions. She was great on email and the phone. Very responsive. She helped find a convenient time and I met John (partner) for the estimate. He was PERFECTLY on time (even though I was late! Sorry!). Another partner, Jose, was supposed to make it but was very ill. But instead of just canceling and rescheduling (which would have been fine), Jose, had his partner John come out and meet me. John was awesome. Super knowledgeable, smart, and friendly. He didn't make me feel bad or dumb for asking lots of questions and was super helpful. I learned about various types of shingles, pipe collar options, ice and water shield, etc. Their price was the best estimate I received and honestly would have chose them as long as they were in the ballpark of the other estimates. I wish they did more than exteriors! The work came out great as I knew it would and they even allowed me to pay have with my credit card and half via check per my request. I wish they could teach other contractors how to treat people right, be professional, honest, and treat people like the way you want to be treated. I would have no reservations whatsoever telling anyone in need of a roof, roof repair, or any of the other services they provide on the exterior to at least get an estimate from them. Good people and great experience.

Description of Work
i had the roof on my townhouse replaced with lifetime collars. I had standard three tab shingles with ice and water shield installed.

Work Completed On 04/27/2017

[Member Name Removed], thank you so much for the kind words. That makes it all worth it. I should also say that working with you as as customer was a pleasure. Thanks again. -John Musto

02/21/2017

R K.

Very well. John,the owner was there everyday, often several times a day checking everything. He communicated with me by phone, text, e-mail and in person. Kept us well informed as to schedules and any concerns were addressed immediately. Good guy and good company. Jose the estimator for the job was right on time and thorough.

Description of Work
A new roof, windows, gutters, down spouts, door, storm door and siding.

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding, replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 11/16/2016

[Member Name Removed], I love how it turned out, and I really enjoyed watching the transformation. Thanks so much for the feedback, and thanks again for the opportunity. John Musto

10/26/2015

Sean T.

they were very professional and fair. Did what they said and when. No complaints and plan to use them again.

Description of Work
roof and general exterior repairs

Work Completed On 07/07/2015

09/01/2015

George V.

I needed work on my gutters. When it was raining water was overflown, and also water was entering the basement. I called them to give me an estimate and they were on time. They recommended changing gutters at specific points (not all of them). Clean the rest of the gutters and flush them to see if the water was going away from the house. They did what they promised and when it rained heavily the water was draining properly through the gutters. I am happy with the quality of their work. The only point was they didn't start at the time they promised so I had to call back and forth several times to perform the work on a promised date.

Description of Work
Clean Gutter, fix gutters and replace damaged/small gutters

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair, roofing

Work Completed On 08/04/2015

04/10/2015

Tyler V.

I called Advantage Home Exterior on Monday, April 6, to set up an estimate to fix some bent pieces of fascia that we had noticed on the roof. I had called around 3:30pm and was told John could stop by between 5-6 that afternoon. Around 5:45 John had stopped by and pointed out some other issues with the fascia board aside from the one bent piece that had been noticed. He was very professional during the estimate, and gave an estimate for patching up the bad spots, as well as an estimate for just replacing the whole trim. We ended up going with the whole roof line to alleviate any future issues and make sure it was all done right. On Wednesday, April 8, the receptionist at AHE called and said John would like to come out to get the work done quickly for us, and we were able to set up a time for them to come out the next day, April 9. I was very grateful and set up the appointment to have the work done. The workers came out around 9am on Thursday and quickly got to work. The two workers were very professional and worked very efficiently. They knocked on the door around 2:30pm once cleanup and everything was completed. They did a fantastic job, and the finished work looked much better and cleaner than what was previously up there. Even though this was an unexpected cost, I am pleased with the work that was done, and the service that I received. It was a pleasure to work with John and Advantage Home Exteriors, and I will definitely use them in the future for other issues that arise.

Description of Work
Replaced all fascia boards along the roof.

Work Completed On 04/09/2015

11/24/2014

Judy N.

Owner made quite a thorough inspection of both levels of roof on our "farmhouse" type home. Listened to our requests and made suggestions, both with estimates. Because of finances, we could not go with more expensive option (total replacement of both roofs) but did have lower replaced. Work was completed but we did call for a look-see at what we thought could be "fine tuned" and it was done completely to our satisfaction. UPDATE: 11/24, Advantage did some more work for us, this time replacing flashing on fireplace ($1300).

Description of Work
Replaced entire lower roof of our home, patched/fixed some places in upper roof, replaced gutters.

Work Completed On 06/01/2014

06/21/2014

Veto H.

I purposefully waited to provide this review because I wanted to see if the system operated properly over the winter and the stormy, watery spring. We are extremely pleased with the work John Musto and his team did on our drainage system. While we received a few estimates that were slightly less expensive, I've found you get what you pay for, and this work was worth every penny we paid. My house has not been this dry since I bought it. John replaced "builder's grade" gutters that were too small for the pitch and size of our roof. He rearchitected the location of the downspouts to provide better roof drainage. He installed Rhino gutter guards to prevent the downspouts from clogging. We have a wooded area behind the house and the downspouts would clog every year. With all of the rain and wind after these were installed, we had no issues with our gutters at all. John's team then tied these downspouts into a PVC French drain that runs the entire back span of the house, with each downspout tying into it. This drain runs to the front of the house and downhill, providing positive drainage for the roof and prevents water from collecting around the foundation. Two other downspouts in the front have their own independent French drains that drain downhill also. John rerouted the sump pump to drain downhill, discreetly out of the front of the house (totally unseen from the outside) and to tie into the front French drain. Makes for a real clean look which prevents water from traveling all the way around the back of the house simply to go downhill. Finally, John replaced the small round drain that was at the bottom of my outside "walk up" basement stairway. This drain clogged constantly from the grass cuttings and leaves, which required constant monitoring when it rained. The new 12" square drain literally cannot clog, drains very well, and prevents flooding during hard rains. Outstanding work. The only issue we are having is the soil around where the French drain was installed has settled and become very lumpy. I would recommend Advantage Home Exteriors to anyone and will absolutely use them again when I have outdoor needs.

Description of Work
Replaced all old gutters with new 6" gutters and Rhino gutter covers. Tied in all downspouts to a newly installed PVC French drain that runs from rear of the house and drains in the front downhill. Rerouted basement sump pump line to tie into French drain for more positive water draining. Replaced basement stairway "walk up" water drain with larger, 12" drain that does clog from yard debris.

Category gutter repair, wells, drain pipe

Work Completed On 11/15/2013

[member name removed], While I always expect the project to work as designed, I love hearing this kind of feedback especially when the project is as involved as this one was. You trusted us to make it work and I am glad we were able to pull it off for you. This is why I love the kind of work that I do. Thanks again, John Musto

09/17/2013

Jackie F.

I interviewed 3 companies all in a row and got estimates for new gutters with guards and to run pipe underground to direct the water from the downspouts away from the house. The first company was very good and wrote up an estimate based on what he saw by simply walking around the house. The second company went further by bringing samples of gutters, guards and even went up on the roof. His customer service was outstanding. The third company, Advantage Home Exteriors brought samples, scaled the roof and took a lot of time doing their estimate. The customer service we got was outstanding. The quote we got was a little more than the first company but because of the care that was taken to educate us with samples and the time spent on top of the roof we couldn't go with anyone else but Advantage. We are glad we did. Outstanding in every detail. From the owner who did the estimate to his team of seasoned pro's I cannot say enough about these guys. I must sound like I work for them but seriously they are the real deal. My gutters are amazing and the whole time they were installing them a huge storm was coming in. Literally a half hour after they were done it rained. I take that as a good sign! I will be using this company again for some siding repairs. John if you are reading this then I want to say Thanks again for your professionalism and your team of guys who really do like you! LOL! Oh and feel free to stop by anytime for espresso!

Description of Work
Tore down old gutters and replaced with new 6" gutters with guards. Dug ditch to run downspouts away from house and installed bubbler at the end.

Work Completed On 09/12/2013

08/29/2013

bruno J.

We choose Advantage Home Exteriors for their professionalism and courtesy. The quote was clear. We had good explanations on the different size of gutters, quality and colors and it helped us to choose what it will the best for our house. The team was on time and did a great job in one day. A last it rained to test our new gutters installed by Advantage Home Exteriors and they worked perfectly well.

Description of Work
new gutters

Work Completed On 08/21/2013

08/14/2013

Trent K.

The roofing team, led by James, came when they said they would, worked full days, and communicated with me as they went along. I did not know when the roof in older portion of the house had last been replaced or repaired, but apparently, it had been a long time ago. The roofing team spent several days working, partly because a number of pieces of plywood and boards did have to be replaced. They used tarps to cover the side of the house and the ground to collect all of the old shingles that they had to remove, and they took all of the discarded shingles and pieces of wood to the dump and did a nice job of clean-up. A separate skilled worker came to work on the gutter replacement with James. I hadn't realized that replacing gutters took quite a bit of skill -- until the old gutters that were installed by a general handyman began to droop and leak. The new gutters are not only attractive, they do their job very well. Overall, I was delighted with the people and the work that this company provided me.

Description of Work
Replaced the roof on the old half of the house. Replaced the gutters across the front and side of the house.

Work Completed On 08/12/2013

07/17/2013

Joel and Maria D.

The installation went very well. They first came to provide an estimate for the services. There was no pressure and they honored a 10% discount coupon from Angie's List. I accepted their estimate and they came two days later to do the installation. The installation was completed quickly and professionally in about an hour. The 2 workers were very polite and professional. No problems at all!

Description of Work
Cleaned all gutters and downspouts; installed Rhino gutter protection system.

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair

Work Completed On 07/10/2013

07/13/2013

Xeno K.

I can't say enough good things about this experience! They even worked on July 4th in 90 degree heat :O A very good price, and very quick reply to email, and setting up the job. I had a detached gutter on the back of my house, and sent pictures to around 10 contractors. As usual only maybe 4 actually replied. And 3/4 wanted me to be there to give an estimate (despite the fact they could just walk to the back of the house and see the gutter.) I had experienced that song and dance before when the damage first happened a couple years ago. The people who came by wanted to hard-sell me on replacing the entire gutter, saying it couldn't be fixed. So I had ended up just having a handyman do a so-so job of attaching it back to the house. But it wasn't done right, and the gutter was too low and water was pooling and overflowing there, right above my back door. When AHE came by the guy's first comment was "Oh yeah, that's easily fixed". AH HA! I KNEW IT! I only wish I still had the contact info for the reviewers from a couple years ago so I could give them bad reviews. Like I said, AHE schedule this extremely fast, giving me the option of July 4th, or the following tuesday. I didn't want to make them work on July 4th, but since they were offering...and since it would mean I wouldn't have to stay home from work, I took it. Unfortunately for them it turned out to be a scorcher, 90 degrees. But they got the gutter fixed, and also cleaned the gutters for $250 in about an hour and a half (which included time to measure the gutters and give me an estimate on drip edges, which are apparently missing from my house.) All in all, this was probably the best-priced, most painless and quick contracting job I've ever had. Go with these guys.

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair

Work Completed On 07/04/2013

06/04/2013

John K.

Workers were on time and did a professional job . Completed the entire job in a day and a half.

Description of Work
Covered trim on exterior of my home with aluminum in preparation for new gutters.