We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

TriStar Electric

Founded 1990 • With Angi since February 2005

2979 Jessup Rd.

Jessup, MD 20794

Congratulations! If you are reading this you have made the first step in selecting the right company for your electrical needs. We can say this because a large portion of our work is from satisfied repeat customers and our goal is to provide you with the same enjoyable experience as they had with us. TriStar Electric provides high quality services for homes such as free consultations, adding recessed lighting, panel upgrades, surge protection, outdoor lighting, under cabinet lighting, low voltage systems, photocell and timer controls, all residential wiring such as basements, renovations and new home wiring. We have over 20 years experience and our expertise is second to none. We stand behind everything that we do and are not happy until we have met all of your needs and expectations of us. Additional phone - (410) 799-5791 or (301) 384-8880 or (800) 685-0100....

07/30/2020

Robert M.

Bob McGinnis 2:46 PM (0 minutes ago) to me TriStar just finished the installation of my new Generac 22kk standby generator and I couldn't be more pleased. From John, who came out and sized up the job (and made sure I passed inspections) to Amanda, who was always there to answer my questions and schedule crews to come out to top-notch electricians, like Todd and Brendon, who did a stellar job - it was clear this was a top-notch company. Communications were excellent - via email, phone or text - and they were always on time. It was a lengthy journey since I had the worst-case scenario of needing my gas line and gas meter upgraded. Navigating the BGE waters to get this done was challenging, to say the least, and TriStar has an excellent plumbing partner that worked closely with me all along the way. When all was said and done and that generator fired up today I knew the time, money and effort was worth it. Highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Standby generator with ATS for home

Category generator service

Thank you so much for this excellent review! We believe that our customers deserve great service and you are a pleasure to work with! We appreciate you choosing TriStar Electric and taking the time to share your experience!

07/07/2020

Robert O.

I have had them out twice and they were excellent both times! This time I had them replace the two outdoor light fixtures in the rear of my home and replace some of the older fuses on my electric panel. They showed up on time and did an excellent job completing the work. They did an excellent job cleaning up after themselves as well.

Description of Work
New Outdoor Light Fixtures and Fuses Replaced in Electric Panel

Category electrician

Thank you! We appreciate the positive review!

06/10/2020

Tiina E.

I was expecting to have to replace 2 (20+ years old) ceiling fans, but it proved to be unneccessary when Debbie and Danielle figured out that new switches would do the trick. It did take them two visits, but we still saved some money by not having to replace the fans entirely. D&D were efficient, knowledgeable and friendly.

Description of Work
Repair of 2 ceiling fans

Category ceiling fans

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us this positive review. We are available for any future electrical needs!

06/01/2020

Jonathan S.

Excellent. Fast and knowledgeable. Very helpful

Description of Work
Range outlet relocation

Category electrician

Thanks for reviewing Tri-Star Electric!

02/21/2020

Patrick S.

Had a backyard shed wired for lights and HVAC. The team did a fantastic job and went above and beyond helping to trouble shoot and fix a HVAC wiring issue. Quality of their work was fantastic and they were very prompt A+++

Description of Work
Shed lights and outlets

Category electrician, lighting

We appreciate the kind review!

01/07/2020

marilyn B.

Quick response to my request. Day of: On time...early even, neat, cleaned up the old light fixtures, very knowledgeable and experienced, and at a good price.

Description of Work
interior lights installed

Category electrician

Thanks for writing us this positive review!

08/20/2019

Bob W.

Everything went great. Dustin and his partner worked very efficiently to get everything done. Dustin replaced the garbage disposal switch while his partner (sorry can’t remember his name) accessed the GFCI outlets. Turns out, they were not needed after all. They just had to correct the wiring on my basement GCFI outlet in order for the other outlets to be protected. TriStar could have easily installed unnecessary outlets and ran up the bill (like another company was ready to do), but they didn’t. They only did what was necessary. They saved me time because I was able to return to work and they saved me money...about $250 less than the other company who was prepared to start installing outlets before even knowing they weren’t needed. I would definitely recommend TriStar to anyone who needs them and they are only company I call in the future and I will be calling. Awesome job TriStar!

Description of Work
Garbage disposal switch and GFCI outlet installation

Category electrician, home inspection

Thank you for taking the time to write us a positive review! Let us know if you are in need of anything in the future.

06/29/2019

Stephanie K.

Very quick and professional. We'll be hiring these folks again for some work we're doing in the fall.

Description of Work
Electrical socket repair

Category electrician

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a nice review. As always we very much appreciate your referrals. Enjoy your summer and we look forward to hearing from you in the fall to help with your next project. Thanks! Team TriStar

05/22/2019

James S.

The 2 techs handled a tricky installation perfectly! They were a pleasure to deal with.

Description of Work
Remove and replace ceiling fan

Category electrician, ceiling fans

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for your kind review and for your business! Please let us know if you need anything in the future. We very much appreciate your referrals to your friends and family as well.

05/11/2019

Charles Y.

I have never worked with a company like TriStar. They were incredible. I researched many companies and found that they would not give an estimate unless I paid for a service call. I also found out they do not repair any damage to walls or ceilings while installing light fixtures. I called and spoke with Greg at the office about our lighting needs. We discussed options and approximate costs on the phone. He scheduled an appointment at no charge with Debbie who would be doing the work. Debbie and Danielle came to the house and had many great and creative suggestions to get the most value for what we needed. There were so many new innovations that I was not aware . all my questions and concerns were answered. On the day scheduled for installation, both Debbie and Danielle were at my home promptly and ready to work. The work was done professionally and cleanly and whenever there was a question or concern Debbie and Danielle were quick to offer suggestions to improve the original plan. They even made a special trip to Home Depot to pick up items that I had not specified. The job was done ahead of schedule, they cleaned up their work area professionally and even patched the two small holes in the drywall they made. Again, I have never worked with any people more personable or professional than these two. I was highly impressed with TriStar and will definitely call again when I need electrical work. It was indeed a pleasure to work with them.

Description of Work
Our living room was very dark and we needed recessed lights installed.

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

Thanks for taking the time to post such a flattering review. Call us if you need anything in the future.

02/01/2019

Beverly T.

My husband and I wanted two new bathroom fans installed, and Deb from TriStar came out first to let me know what kind of fan we needed then returned to do a truly stellar installation. She took such pride in the work, not only that the fans were installed correctly but that the appearance post installation would match that excellence. We could not be happier with the result!

Description of Work
Two ceiling bathroom fans installed

Category electrician

Thanks for taking the time to write us this wonderful review!

11/06/2018

rick B.

work and products installed as requested and on time.

Description of Work
replacement led wall packs on commercial building

Category electrician

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a great review! We truly appreciate it and look forward to working with you in the future!

08/17/2018

Sylvester G.

They gave me an appointment for someone to come out and give me an estimate for what it would cost to install flood lights, but no one showed up and no one called. I haven't heard anything from them.

Description of Work
Installation of flood lights.

Category electrician

Hello Mr. [Member Name Removed], I sincerely want to apologize for missing the appointment. As you can see by our other reviews and our A rating this is not the way we normally do business. We actually just started using a new online cloud based program for scheduling this past month. This error was completely due to me still not being totally familiar with how to use it. I'm in the still trying to figure things out in the first few weeks of using it. For the most part the program seems to work great. Unfortunately it is subject to user error and this was my fault for not seeing it on my appointments that day. The office entered it correctly but I dropped the ball by missing it on my cell phone. We do value you and all of our customers time and appreciate your business. If you haven't already gotten the work done, please call our office and allow us to provide you with a quote for the work. We will also extend a discount on this work or for any future work for your troubles. Please contact Greg at 410-799-5791 or email him through the AL portal or through our website at the service link. Again I do apologize. Thanks, Dave

07/26/2018

Ian W.

TriStar Electric has become our new go-to any time we need an electrician. They gave us free estimates easily over the phone, they were prompt and professional, and their service was first-rate. They did all their work quickly, and they cleaned every bit of dust or debris from the work. We were very happy with the cost--it was less than half of what other companies had quoted us.

Description of Work
Installed three ceiling fans (including electrical boxes) and placed two lights on one switch.

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

Thank you for taking the time to write us this great review. We look forward to working with you again.

05/01/2018

Chetanna O.

The most polite and professional, helpful people ever!!! Greg the service manager spent so much time helping me. I would absolutely work with this company.

Description of Work
Outdoor lighting

Category electrician, outdoor lighting

We appreciate you taking the time to write this review!

04/25/2018

Esther A.

I cannot say enough of how happy we were with the service from the TriStar Electric team. Greg from the Jessup home office coordinated all the details with his field team and with Pepco and the County. We lost power following the March wind storm. We got a crew out the day after we signed the estimate. The crew was prompt, professional, and courteous. Kudos go to Greg for going above and beyond what one would expect. He kept everything moving, speaking with me to let me know what needed to be done. He is an amazing client manager. We were so pleased with TriStar Electric we asked for an estimate for other electrical work we needed done. I highly recommend TriStar Electric.

Description of Work
Service Box Replacement Due to Storm Damage

Category electrician

Thanks you for the review. we look forward to working with you again!

04/13/2018

MARIAN C.

It all went very well. We were lucky enough that they were able to get to our home the same day I called them. The work was done professionally and we are now sleeping under our new bedroom ceiling fan...just in time for the warm weather. The work was a little more complicated once they got up in the ceiling than they had anticipated, about 2-3 hrs worth of work which accounts for the cost.

Description of Work
We needed some work done to ceiling light in bedroom so that it could accommodate a ceiling fan, also had fan installed.

Category electrician, ceiling fans

Thanks for writing us a review

03/26/2018

Teri S.

Great, did job quickly and perfectly

Description of Work
Replaced wired-in smoke detectors

Category electrician

We appreciate this review!

03/22/2018

Barbara L.

We called in the morning and had an electrician out by noon. Everyone was efficient, helpful, and courteous. Response was fast and the repair was done just as fast. They even took my Angie's List coupon. We will definitely call them again when we need electrical service.

Description of Work
Power was out in one room of our house and the breaker in the panel was humming. The electrician diagnosed the problem quickly and repaired it.

Thanks for the review!

01/15/2018

Elaine W.

Tristar electrician Debbie got power back to all but one outlet within the work window we had (they squeezed me in before the holiday). She needed to schedule a second visit to finish, but had a plan ready to go to fix the last outlet. When she came back she had amended the plan and got the job done for less than she had estimated. That made me very happy!

Description of Work
We lost power in all of our bathroom, garage and outdoor outlets. We needed an electrician to come in and figure out the problem and get them all working again.

Category electrician

We appreciate this review!

12/29/2017

Les S.

Greg was very responsive in calling back to schedule the work. Chris, the electrician was on time, worked productively, did a thorough job and was very personable. Would hire again in a heart beat. When it's so hard to find quality workmanship at a reasonable price, it's refreshing to find professionals like Greg and Chris who make it look so easy. Thanks!

Description of Work
Install outside motion light

Thanks for the review!

12/29/2017

Michael K.

Chris was very professional and did a great job. He arrived right on time and called when on the way. He took special care to discuss the work as it was being done. stro gly reccomend Tri star and will askfor Chris in the future. Great professional work by a skilled electrician.

Description of Work
Installed 4 ceiling fans and light kits. installed a wall switch and 3 remotes.

Category ceiling fans

We appreciate you taking the time to write this review!

10/29/2017

Beverlie F.

Greg and Debbie are wonderful people, give honest advice and the work was done professionally and efficiently. The original price seemed reasonable as well . Scheduling wasn't perfect, but I received an additional 10% discount for the inconvenience which was very customer friendly. Debbie had to return w/ a different size because there was a hidden pipe and she knew just what would work in that location. I highly recommend them and will call upon them again when I need an electrician.

Description of Work
I needed eight old troublesome fluorescent lights replaced w/ LEDs.

Category electrician

Thank you so much for your feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to working with you in the future! Thank you for choosing TriStar Electric!

10/12/2017

paul A.

The electrician arrived exactly on schedule; was courteous and professional; completed the work in a timely manner and to our complete satisfaction. Not to mention that the price was very competitive too. (We always get several bids on a job) A very nice company to work with. We'd definitely use them again.

Description of Work
We were adding a pole lamp to the end of our driveway. It was a two part job with a landscape company putting in the pole and wiring to the house and TriStar doing the electric hook up. This included adding a GFCI box to the outside of the house; conduit for the wiring out of the ground; running wire to the inside of the house to an existing switch box; and changing out the box to accommodate a third switch.

Category electrician, lighting

This is great feedback! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience! We appreciate you taking the time to write a positive review for us. Thank you for your business and we look forward to working together in the future!

09/26/2017

Bill W.

Work was done well, very neat and efficient

Description of Work
They installed new lighting for a utility room and a remote for a ceiling fan.

Category electrician, lighting

Mr. [Member Name Removed] - Thank you so much for writing this great review for us! It is so kind of you to take the time to do so. We look forward to working with you in the future. Thank you for choosing TriStar Electric!

Springwood Gardens Landscape

DBA - Springwood Gardens LLC. Our design build team offers over 40 years of experience and quality service. We are fully insured, and references available upon request. All work is guaranteed. Ask about our follow-up program that gives you two free check-ups for one year after we complete any project!

The Outdoor Advantage LLC

The Outdoor Advantage, LLC has been making customers happy in central Maryland by performing quality work at reasonable prices since 2002. We specialize in hardscape design and installation, mulching, hauling, planting, gutter cleaning, landscaping, power washing, snow removal and general outdoor maintenance. We help the homeowner add value to their land and create beauty according to the homeowner’s budget and dreams. It is our pleasure to serve the homes of Carroll County, Baltimore County and Baltimore City. We also have several customers as far south as Montgomery County.

Haas and Sons Electric Inc

We are performing work as normal so feel free to reach out about your project or repair! During these times are following safe practices for both your family and our workers. We specialize in home repairs and projects, providing you solutions from basic to long-lasting so that we can ensure that we not only fit the budget but provide safety and comfort for your family. Haas & Sons is a small, family-operated business based out of Pasadena Maryland, serving Anne Arundel, Howard, and surrounding counties. Our certified Electricians go through constant training to be able to provide you with quality work, great warranties, and amazing service. What to expect with Haas & Sons- A company you can trust, Marked Vehicles, Uniformed and trained Techs, Constant communication, Upfront pricing, all with a friendly smile.

Maryland
    Maryland: General
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available, Check

Service Calls; Troubleshooting; Panel Box Upgrades; Surge Protection; Smoke/CO Detectors; Electrical Design & Custom Lighting; Ceiling Fans; Interior & Exterior Lighting; Security Lighting; Generator Installation, Service & Maintenance; Home Renovations & Additions; Electrical Heating; Hot Tub, Spa & Steam Generator Hook Up; Electric Vehicle Chargers; Panels & Breakers; Small Jobs; Recessed, Under Cabinet, Kitchen, Bathroom & LED Lighting; Landscape & Deck Lighting; Dimmers & Timer Controls etc.

HVAC & Plumbing.