Clearwater Landscape & Nursery

Founded 1989 • With Angi since June 2010

3.9

9585 Doctor Perry Rd

Ijamsville, MD 21754

Clearwater Landscape & Nursery is a design build landscape company located outside of Frederick, Maryland that values great design and quality workmanship. For the past twenty five years we have supplied residential builders and homeowners with a full range of services. From landscape design

11/05/2015

Julie R.

awesome . thorough and comprehensive.

Description of Work
all yard maintenance

Category landscaping, lawn service

06/19/2015

Wojciech F.

The design of the landscaping area was very nice, however execution was not. Planting was not supervised and the workers barely buried plants in the ground leaving roots mostly above ground just covered by mulch. The result. Many plants did not survive winter. Numerous phone calls to the company resulted in Ben?s visit and email telling me that the plants are not covered by warranty. Overall ? good concept but very poor execution and bed customer service. Not recommended.

Description of Work
Landscape design and planting in the winery

Category landscaping

All projects are supervised by a crew foreman, throughout the entire work day, and all projects are visited, for additional quality control, by one of our project managers daily. We installed the first phase of the design on October 30th 2013. These were mainly trees and larger shrubs. The client was very happy and satisfied with the completed work. He was so happy, that he contracted us to complete the second phase of the project in the spring of 2014. On April 7th 2014, we completed the second phase of the planting (perennials and grasses). Over the course of the summer, a few of the shrubs planted the previous fall and a few grasses planted in the spring did not make it. After discussions with the client about waiting until the cooler season to perform the warranty work, we returned on October 10th 2014, and replaced the dead shrubs and grasses. Again, the client was very happy with the replacements and the work we had completed. The next summer, on June 9th 2015, the client contacted us to have some additional plants replaced. I notified him that at that time, the plant material was now out of warranty, but I would be happy to give him a very good price to replace the plant material with the same plants or we could discuss utilizing different plant material. The client did not seem to understand why the plant material was not covered by warranty, even though I explained it thoroughly, and it is very clearly outlined in our contract about our one (1) year warranty. Phase one warranty expired in October 2014, and phase two expired in April of 2015, the request for additional warranty came in to our office on June 9th 2015. We have been in business for 26 years and always stand behind our work, if these plants were still under warranty they would have been replaced.

10/11/2013

Rosemary N.

Dave Goetze arrived on time. I thought he showed great concern for what my husband and I wanted regarding a new patio for the front of our home and new landscaping ideas. He took pictures of the front of our house and did some measuring. I had read other reviews about Clearwater and had a gut feeling they wouldn't follow through. My home is within 5 miles of this company this was another reason I had picked them. I waited 2 weeks for a follow-up call and decided to email Dave on 9-25-2013. Today is 10-11-2013 and I have not had an email or a callback. I understand I am not the only client but, how long does one wait to get a callback. I have decided after waiting almost 5 weeks to hear back from Clearwater I will move on.

Description of Work
I placed a phone call to Clearwater on 8/20/2013 they returned my call about a week later. An appointment was made to meet with Dave Goetze at 5:00 pm on 9/10/2013.

Category landscaping, patios

08/30/2013

Joseph S.

My husband and I contracted Clearwater Landscaping to plant 8 Green Giant Arborvitae trees as screening between our house and our neighbor's house. A couple of months later we contacted Clearwater to ask about the health of our Green Giant trees since we noticed that the trees were not fanning out as we thought that they should and we also noticed some browning out in spots on the trees. A Clearwater rep came out to look at the trees and was a bit rude in the way that he told us that the browning was being caused by deer and suggested that we invest in deer fencing. Never once did he indicate that the trees were not Green Giants. Several years later we hired a different landscaper to do some work for us who was puzzled why we had planted Emerald Arborvite trees between us and our neighbors since this was not a typical use for this type of tree. We were shocked and greatly disturbed to learn that Clearwater had given us a different type of tree other than the type for which we had contracted. Since the year warrantee had expired by the time we learned that they had sold us the wrong trees, we did not contact Clearwater about this nor will we EVER do business with them again!

Description of Work
Provider planted the wrong type of trees than what was ordered.

04/11/2013

Teresa R.

Couldn't get them to respond. Never hired them.

Description of Work
We went to a Builder show in Frederick, Md and were initially impressed with what they had to offer. We requested a visit to our home for landscaping ideas and quote for lawn maintenance. They assured us they would be in touch. After not hearing from them I went there a few weeks later with my builder show coupon they gave me for some free annuals. I mentioned I hadn't heard from anyone. The girl apologized and assured us someone would come to our home the following Monday. The next weekend my husband and I went in to look at trees and order some planters. We purchased 20 bags of mulch and were one again assured they would be in touch. That was3+ years ago. Needless to say we went elsewhere. I do see their trucks all the time but figured they are more commercial than residential.

Category landscaping, lawn service

02/20/2013

Gloria R.

Absolute quality from start to finish; this company provided us a gorgeous and creative presentation of landscaping options for our side and backyard. We opted to use them because of their professionalism, horticultural knowledge, creativity in design, and competitiveness in pricing. Because they grow their plants and trees on site, there is no middleman involved which would cause an inflated cost estimate. We love our new plantings throughout our yard and look forward to using this company when we install hardscaping.

Description of Work
Extensive tree, plant, and shrubbery plantings in a residential yard

01/22/2013

Michael C.

N/A

Description of Work
They never called back to quote after two telephone calls.

Category landscaping, hardscaping

It's regrettable to hear that we may have lost an opportunity to provide a quote for this work. We do not have anything on record in regards to this prospect, however if there was a miscommunication we apologize. It is also possible that we declined to bid on this particular project. We have been in business for 25 years and it has always been our practice to return every phone call in a timely manner.

12/13/2012

Joann K.

What I like about them is that they show up when they say. They do the job. They are very pleasant and they are also very knowledgeable. They answer all the questions I have about the landscaping of our yard even though we are not using them for landscaping, my husband likes to that himself. They are very accommodating. They are very nice. They definitely know the business. I thought the price was very reasonable. I like that how knowledgeable they are and their willingness to answer any kind of question you have even if it is not about exactly what they are there for. They also showed up who to use the system, so we could operate it better on our own.

Description of Work
Clearwater Landscape & Nursery were service contractor for our landscaping and irrigation and we have come them out to turn off the irrigation every year, which they have to blow all out of the pipe.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems

09/30/2012

mark W.

Initially the bid was more than we wanted to spend but the sales agent worked with us in bringing the prices down. We had to do some of the initial prep work, but we were willing to do that. We set a start date and they were here promptly. The work was completed in 2 days. The sales agent was very responsive and always answered our questions. She was great. We definitely will use them again.

Description of Work
Re-landscaped the front yard per the contracting agreement. This included 2 planters and around the front of our house.

Category landscaping, hardscaping

08/30/2012

Janet W.

We decided to wait on the hardscape, but moved forward with the landscaping and irrigation system. The process went very smoothly. We had an issue with some of the sod laid - it wasn't in great shape Day 1 and even though they (like most all landscape companies) do not guarantee sod they promptly replaced it. Our salesperson (Angela) was great; she was a little slow to respond sometimes, but never too bad and only because she was extremely busy. The project manager (Jamie) has to be one of the best in the business. The designer (David) did not seem to understand what type of plants we liked (he kept proposing cottage style plantings and we wanted something more formal), but patiently worked with us until we got it right. We have since hired them to maintain our landscape.

Description of Work
Bought our house 1 year ago; it was a previous model home, but the first owner did not take care of the landscape. Ultimately selected Clearwater b/c the could do everything we needed and seemed more professional than others we talked to. Their project manager (Jamie) even came out prior to the estimate to review the irrigation system and made a couple of quick fixes at no cost. They developed a site plan that included removing certain trees and plants that were not appropriate for their location along with new recommended plantings. We went back and forth several times on certain plants, but ultimately ended up with a plan that we felt happy about. They also proposed estimates for replacing pavers with blue stone and repairing an existing irrigation system that consisted of sprinklers and a drip system.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, hardscaping

07/01/2012

Steve B.

Angela was outstanding and worked with us through multiple iterations of the design. The final design was perfect. The pavers themselves were not laid as well as they could have been. There are some slight high spots and low spots, not related to the intended grading and slope. The steps also have several and quot;wobblyand quot; pavers. However, I may be the only person that will notice these imperfections.

Description of Work
Built 400 square foot patio with seating wall.

Category hardscaping, patios

05/16/2012

Andrew W.

They did a good job we were very happy with them.

Description of Work
This was for landscaping.

05/08/2012

Wallace F.

I liked it. They did a very fine and professional job. I give them high marks.

Description of Work
They planned out a new sidewalk and entryway.

Category hardscaping

05/04/2012

Mena D.

Interviewed several companies for an estimate on an extensive landscape project to cost approx 100K. Most provided estimates with some degree of detail free of charge. One company did provide a very detailed plan with numerous sketches but did not leave it with us since there was no fee or contract. Clearwater charged a fee for a design plan that was to include a site analysis, prep base plan, prep and presentation of concept plan and detailed final plan with specific materials, plant species and grading information.The presentation consisted of an explanation of the sketch and work suggested but no written details. I am not sure what we paid for, but expected a more involved plan for the $500.00 than a sketch and an estimate for each phase of the project with a very limited description.Needless to say we did not select this company to do the project and would certainly not recommend them. Extremely disappointing experience considering their high ratings.

Description of Work
Landscape plan

Category hardscaping

I have to say I am quite surprised to see this review. I originally met with the customer late last year to discuss this project and at that time gave a price for the design services and a few rough budget numbers to give them an idea of what the project ultimately may cost. A few months went by and I was contacted by the customer and set up a second meeting so I could also meet with her husband to discuss the project in more detail. From that meeting I prepared a design agreement and was contracted to provide the following services, up until this point the consultations and budgets were done at no cost: - Site Analysis - Preparation of the Base Plan - Preparation and Presentation of the Concept Plan - Preparation and Presentation of the Final Plan - One Revision of the Final Plan is Included The first three items listed have been performed; when I met with them to present the concept design we discussed a few changes to be made and then walked the property to give them an idea on layout of what was being proposed. I left this meeting with notes about what was discussed and an agreement for the clients to discuss their thoughts further on the plan over the next few days. Typically from the concept meeting there are still a few things up in the air that need to be given some thought before continuing with the final plan. I was under the impression that the (members) were taking some time to review the plan and let our concept sink in and that they were to respond with any additional changes to be made. I was never contacted about proceeding with the final design. The concept design that was presented does not have hard prices and details; this is something that will be provided with the final plan. This was communicated at the initial site meeting, concept presentation, and is also stated in our design agreement. We are happy to fulfill our agreement with this client; and once we receive contact we will proceed with our design services.

10/24/2011

LARRY H.

We have a large condominium and they do the planting, mulching, and integrated pest management. They are also doing some fertilizing and pruning.

Description of Work
Clearwater does the landscape maintenance for our condominium complex. We have a yearlong contract with them.

Category pest control, landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, mulch

Black Rock Stone Company

We are a local small family owned business. We offer high quality, personal and unique services. Since 1988, Roger Cooley's passion and details for his craftsmanship has built countless creations for his customers. Roger is very hands on and will see every project from beginning to end. Black Rock Stone Company offers Historic Restoration, Walks, Patios, Retaining walls, Fire Pits, Water falls, Columns, House fronts, Wood Ties, French drains, Grading, Hauling, Bob cat work, and Light Excavation landscapes. We offer free estimates and do New and Repair work no job is too small or too big.

American Lawn and Tree Specialists Inc

American Lawn and Tree Specialists, Inc. is a locally owned & operated company committed to providing the very best lawn care and ornamental tree/shrub care service to its customers. With over 27 years of experience, we offer free estimates where we can come out and evaluate your lawn and landscape. This is our basis so that we may provide you the service your lawn and landscape needs. Our Organic Based Lawn Care Program is proven in getting your lawn to its potential. Contact us today so we can get started improving your lawn.

Complete Lawn Care Inc

We specialize in Integrated Pest Management (IPM), as well as Aeration, Seeding, and Fertilization, with our Natural and Blended Programs. Our constant goal is to solve our customers lawn care problems, while protecting our environment. Give us a call today for a free estimate/analysis!

2022 Super Service Award

Walkways, Driveways, Patios, Pool Decks, Decks, Porches, Pergolas / Arbors, Gazebos, Outdoor Kitchens, Outdoor Fireplaces, Fire Pits, Fire Urns, Ponds, Waterfalls, Formal Fountains, Pools, Spas, Sculpture and Statuary, Masonry, Custom Planting Beds, Specimen Plantings, Property Screening, Rain Gardens, Large Tree Installations, Maintenance Programs, Automatic Irrigation system installation & maintenance. Outdoor lighting design & installation. Full service landscape maintenance. Snow removal