Avalos Stone and Landscape

Founded 2010 • With Angi since September 2014

We provide high-quality, creative stonework and landscaping, specializing in stone walls, patios, walkways and all landscape design projects. Our designs combine natural beauty and function—creating visual harmony between structures and their surroundings—adding value, elegance and integrity to your home. Our superb craftsmanship brings your vision to life. We will help you achieve your dream outdoor living space....

A Service Provider's profile image

+18 more images

hardscaping (35)lawn & landscaping (24)stone & gravel (15)lawn care (11)masonry (9)mulch delivering (8)concrete repair (8)Patios (6)drain pipe installation (3)decks & porches (3)rototilling (2)hauling (2)

08/24/2021

Raziel H.

The paver walkway is beautiful it is sand based. They came in did the work and it was done beautifully!

Description of Work
Paver walk way going from the car area all away around facing right side of the house connecting with the walkway area going to the pool. Asked to repair cinderblock stairwell to the basement.

Work Completed On 08/24/2021

08/28/2020

Barbara N.

He sat with me and asked a lot of questions for about an hour. He said he was going to put together a proposal and get back to me the following week. I have sent three or four emails to inquire about the status. No response.

Description of Work
no work provided

Category landscaping

Work Completed On 08/28/2020

05/27/2020

Robin T.

I hired Avalos Stone and Landscape twice (back to back), first to plant some privacy hedges, clean gutters, repair front step, and install concrete pavers; then right after that to fill some cracks in my foundation wall and apply stucco. I am happy with both projects. Not sure what will happen with the foundation wall down the line... I may need to do much more substantial work at some point, but the work Avalos did will help me to determine this. I also really appreciate the owner’s suggestion that I choose to have skip laurel hedges installed of arborvitae because the skip laurels will grow faster and hide much of the sight of my annoying neighbors.

Description of Work
Privacy hedges, concrete pavers, repair front step, stucco application

Category concrete repair, gutter cleaning, landscaping, masonry, hardscaping

Work Completed On 05/19/2020

Thanks. Ms [Member Name Removed] it was a total pleasure working for you. You wore really open to Ideas and suggestions. Thanks for the business. I’ll be waiting to be contact for the rest of steppingstones.

03/06/2020

KEVAN H.

I hired Avalos without ever meeting them in person to do a fall leaf removal at a rental property in Hyattsville. It went well, so I hired them again to do a full mulch and spring cleanup of the property, getting it ready to sell. Alvaro the proprietor responded quickly both times with reasonable estimates, we did payment over the phone, and the property already has an offer after one day on market, so I'd say it was a success. Pleasure to work with them.

Description of Work
Leaf and debris removal AND spring cleanup for listing of home.

Category lawn service

Work Completed On 03/02/2020

10/01/2019

Julie T.

Avalos is very personable and has done a lot of different projects at my home. He is very honest and his prices are reasonable. We have always been happy with his worth and continue to plan on using him in the future.

Description of Work
He has installed concrete steps, installed concrete patio, repaired a brick retaining wall, sodded our entire yard and ran exterior water piping underground from sump pumps and gutters.

Category concrete repair, lawn service, drain pipe, hardscaping

Work Completed On 04/01/2019

05/07/2019

I C.

Alvaro Monterroso of Avalos Stonework and Landscaping installed a split-rail fence around my house and built a retaining stone wall (see photo) on one side of the garden. With his crew the old fence was removed before installing a new one. I met with four companies for cost estimates on this project. Alvaro’s estimate was a mid-range estimate. Alvaro worked with me at considerable length on selecting stone materials and fence wood. He worked with his crew each day, tackling difficult structural problems that his crew did not have the kind of experience and expertise that he has. It is an excellent work done by his company. People from our neighborhood came to compliment on the quality and the attractiveness of the stone wall. I will soon be having shrubs planted in the garden by Alvaro and his crew.

Description of Work
Installing garden fence and retaining wall.

Category hauling services, landscaping, pavers, gravel, hardscaping

Work Completed On 02/19/2019

Review for Avalos Stone and Landscape - 3516 Longfellow St, Hyattsville, MD - 37861204

12/14/2018

Michael G.

They did a great job. Showed up on time my yard looked 100% better. Alvaro was very professional too.

Description of Work
Winter clean up and pruning and cutting back trees and large bushes.

Category landscaping, lawn service, leaf removal

Work Completed On 12/07/2018

09/10/2018

DAVID S.

The work was done efficiently and on time.

Description of Work
Repairing stone front walk and steps

Work Completed On 05/28/2018

08/30/2018

Lula B.

It went well. The owner responded in a timely manner. The job was done well. The crew and the owner are very polite and professional. The work area was left clean.

Description of Work
Replaced Concrete walk way

Category concrete repair, hardscaping

Work Completed On 08/21/2018

07/17/2018

Joanna G.

Alvaro (manager) and his team were awesome. As someone who has hired a ton of contractors over the past year, this team stands out. They were responsive, flexible when I added additional projects on-the-fly, and, most importantly, their work met my exceedingly high expectations. It is rare to find folks who can complete a project to my full satisfaction...Avalos Stone and Landscape did.

Description of Work
Add a border of river rocks along our fenceline, plant shrubs, and remove unwanted greenery.

Work Completed On 07/17/2018

06/15/2018

Denise W.

From the initial estimate to the final product, Alvaro and his crew were nothing but professional and friendly. My husband and I had been talking for years about having our existing patio demolished and new one installed. When Alvaro arrived to provide and estimate, he provided us with a book that showed a variety of different paver choices, he had pictures of his work, and as well as listening to what we wanted he made a few recommendations that would further enhance our patio. We were asked to provide a time frame that would work best for us and Alvaro fit the project into his schedule as well. He explained that once the work was started, he and his crew would remain until it was finished to our satisfaction, start to completion took three days. I would like to commend Alvaro and his crew for their work ethics and for the beautiful patio that my family and I cannot seem to get enough of.

Description of Work
We had an old back yard patchwork patio removed and a new larger patio paver Stone one installed

Work Completed On 05/24/2018

Review for Avalos Stone and Landscape - 3516 Longfellow St, Hyattsville, MD - 37157824

04/30/2018

Chris C.

Excellent and very fast work. I'm thrilled with the results. Would happily recommend Avalos Stone and Landscape agin.

Description of Work
Capped front porch steps with flagstone. Installed new front lawn with sod.

Category decks, landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, drain pipe, hardscaping

Work Completed On 02/26/2018

Review for Avalos Stone and Landscape - 3516 Longfellow St, Hyattsville, MD - 37022576

03/07/2018

Christopher R.

Avalos stone and landscaping did an amazing job on my retaining wall. I could not be happier. Everyone was very professional and punctual. He also cleared pa huge pile of tree limbs out of my backyard. I would not hesitate to use this company again.

Description of Work
Retaining wall

Category pavers, gravel, hardscaping

Work Completed On 01/08/2018

02/23/2018

DR R.

I was extremely satisfied with Avalos services. They replaced old pavers and grassy area with new pavers of my choice. They rerouted the downspout so that it would not be exposed. I really liked that their references were willing to showcase their work either in person or via photos. I have and will continue to recommend them.

Description of Work
Hardscaping

Category lawn service, hardscaping

Work Completed On 03/17/2017

Review for Avalos Stone and Landscape - 3516 Longfellow St, Hyattsville, MD - 36856536

01/01/2018

Brian B.

Alvaro and his team did a great job installing pavers in my space. I am very satisfied with the work. Within just a couple days of initially calling to inquire about the work, they were able to start the job. He and his team were professional throughout the whole process.

Description of Work
Pavers installed in a 12x23 ft space

Work Completed On 12/30/2017

12/25/2017

Taury S.

The work done by Avalos Stonework and Landscaping at our home was an amazing job in a short time period. Alvaro and his crew are masters as stonework. The wall they built in our backyard was exactly as we asked. Alvaro listened to our needs and was able to put that vision into reality. Their work was meticulous and beautifully done. They were a pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
Flagstone on our front walkway and side steps needed reattachment. Many were loose. The bigger job was erecting a retaining wall in the backyard.

Work Completed On 12/25/2017

Review for Avalos Stone and Landscape - 3516 Longfellow St, Hyattsville, MD - 36929286

12/15/2017

Patricia O.

Excellent. His estimate was thorough and accurate. Management of the project (elements and people) was excellent. His construction and structure and attention to detail exceeded all expectations, one of the best I've seen. Kept us informed on the timeline and process and was a pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
replace stone wall at front of house.

Work Completed On 12/15/2017

Review for Avalos Stone and Landscape - 3516 Longfellow St, Hyattsville, MD - 36673530

11/07/2017

Edward T.

This was my second project with Alvaro and the results are outstanding. The project involved installing a French drain system that included catch basins for roof down spout gutters and sump pump drainage, and channel drains for patio. The catch basins and channel drains led to a drainage pipe, which discharges water at the end of driveway into the street. After several months of observation with heavy downpours, The results are outstanding as this has resolved several issues (sump pump drainage, standing water in yard and runoff water from patio). Alvaro is very meticulous in his work and pays attention to detail.

Description of Work
Install French drain system.

Category landscaping, drain pipe

Work Completed On 09/07/2017

10/20/2017

DAVID H.

The work went extremely well. All the work done is beautiful and the project was done in an extremely fast and professional manner. Alvaro did a great job of managing all the parts of the complex project. The new retaining wall is solid and looks great. I particularly want to point out how flexible and responsive Alvaro was to a lot of little details, such as fixing up a few planters in our yard, putting finishing touches on some stairs, and helping us put in some plants/bushes.

Description of Work
Our backyard was in terrible shape, with no grass and rainwater eroding the soil causing sinkholes. Fixing it was a complex landscaping project, involving removing some trees, fixing a broken down retaining wall, adding a lot of drainage pipes, and putting into new soil and grass.

Work Completed On 10/20/2017

10/12/2017

Trish S.

I am beyond thrilled with the results. I was very, very impressed with the professionalism, timeliness, and hard work of Alvaro and his team. They also brought great ideas and gave me sound advice. I look forward to working with them again.

Description of Work
Dry stack walls, stone borders for gardens, reshaping stone walkways, mulching, pressure washing flagstone and outdoor furniture

Category landscaping, mulch, pavers, gravel, pressure washing, hardscaping

Work Completed On 10/12/2017

09/15/2017

Laura O.

Avalos Stonework and Landscaping did an outstanding job and I plan to use their landscaping and stonework services again. They explained everything ahead of time and provided a detailed estimate for their work. The team was incredibly prompt and professional, they did a thorough job, and cleaned up every trace of the trees and vines that they removed. Their rates are quite reasonable. I give them the highest possible recommendation.

Description of Work
Landscaping, tree removal, invasive vine removal, tree trimming, gutter cleaning.

Category gutter cleaning, landscaping, lawn service, hardscaping

Work Completed On 09/09/2017

08/19/2017

Edward T.

Mr. Avalos is a true professional! He came by, took his time in analyzing the situation, and provided an estimate for the work that needed to be done. He explained exactly what he was going to do and answered all my questions. It was a 4 day project and the crew showed up on-time every morning, and cleaned up after themselves before leaving every evening. The project involved installing a brick patio, steps leading out to the patio from the house, and re-enforcing an area near basement steps retaining wall and back filling. I am very satisfied with the work that was done and would not hesitate to hire Mr. Avalos again.

Description of Work
Brick patio installation and backfill area near basement steps retaining wall

Category pavers, gravel, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 08/17/2017

08/15/2017

Matt M.

My husband and I worked with Alvaro and his team. Alvaro helped us explore our options and visualize everything. He did not try to up-sell us like others! He really listened to our wishes and added his expert opinion to give us a great final product. Budget: Stuck to estimate, which was very reasonable Schedule: The work was scheduled for a week after the initial consultation. The team worked so hard! They finished 3 days ahead of schedule Quality: The final outcome was exactly what we hoped for! The team was very respectful of our yard, neighbors etc. They left everything very clean Overall great experience- Highly recommend this company!

Description of Work
Paver patio and walkway, gravel/timber shed foundation