American Professional Chimney & Masonry

• Trade License Expiration
  • 04/30/2018

4519 Buchanan St

Hyattsville, MD 20781

Multiple Super Service Award winner. We clean, Inspect, repair, install & reline chimneys, wood & gas stoves, fireplaces, sidewalks, driveways & do historic tuck pointing. Owner, Dave Myers, is the area's most experienced chimney diagnostician (since 1973). We have an A-Plus BBB rating & emphasize customer service excellence in every aspect of our business. What differentiates us from other companies is that we provide a thorough analysis and estimate for any necessary repairs, without any pressure or emphasis on sales. We are happy to prioritize any repairs that may be needed so that customer's can budget accordingly. Additional phones - 301-699-6050, Catherine Wilson, manager: 202-468-5590, 202-483-0440, 202-483-2223, and Dave Myers: 202-468-5596. Also doing business as: Artful Dusters Chimney Sweeps. Evening hours available but dependent on demand, requirements and availability of personnel....

chimney repair (1686)chimney sweep (1189)fireplace services (350)chimney cap repair (285)stucco (5)masonry (349)basement waterproofing (55)concrete repair (52)roofing (40)home inspection (37)foundation repair (33)concrete driveways (25)

04/16/2021

American Professional Chimney installed a gas fireplace that is both beautiful (looks like a real wood fireplace) and warm. They installed a gasline that was done a very professional way, burying the line underground. Stephen and his team did an impeccable job, clearly explaining the pros and cons of the many options. Super happy with the service.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Installed a gas fireplace

CATEGORY fireplaces

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/12/2021

02/25/2021

Charged $99 for initial estimate in December. Told a part was needed, and we agreed to order it. A month later second appointment was cancelled because they said they obtained the wrong part. Then a third appointment was cancelled because of "inclement" weather -- slight rain and snow. Attempts to connect subsequent ignored. Net result: out nearly $100 bucks! And no fireplace this winter. Insuffic...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repair of a gas log

CATEGORY chimney sweep,fireplaces

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/25/2021

02/05/2021

I received a bid of $2100 and got it repaired by another place for $75. The problem was I suspected.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
repair a damper

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/05/2021

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. I can see you weren’t entirely happy, but you were nice enough to give us a C. I’d like to offer an explanation for you and other people who might read this review. What our estimator was basing his proposal on was that you had a complaint regarding cold air coming down your chimney and ta bad smell. Throat dampers, like yours, typically leak cold air ...

01/26/2021

The project went really well! The team that came out for the estimate and inspection were very prompt and friendly. They walked us through the issues that needed resolving and even uncovered an issue with the roof and gutters. The team that came out to do the chimney repairs were very communicative and efficient in their work. The chimney looks great. I would definitely hire this company again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Chimney repair due to water damage

CATEGORY masonry,chimney repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/29/2020

Thanks for your detailed explanation in the great review. , David Myers, owner

12/31/2020

Did not move forward with project, however the general manager came to deliver deposit personally.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
lining for fireplace

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/22/2020

Thanks for taking the time to leave a nice review. David Myers, owner

12/12/2020

I contacted American Professional Chimney for repair of my gas fireplace. I found them to be professional, courteous and very quick to respond to my request for service.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repair gas fireplace

CATEGORY fireplaces

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/12/2020

Thanks for the review. I really appreciate it. I look forward to seeing you in the future. Steve Myers, owner

10/02/2020

Crew was on time, very professional, performed the work efficiently and left our house as clean as they found it. I have worked with American Professionals Chimney & Masonry for years now and they always provide excellent service. Highly recommend them.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Chimney cleaning

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/02/2020

Thank you some much for the review.

09/10/2020

They came when said and did what I requested at a great price. Thanks

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Chimney caps were rusty

CATEGORY chimney caps

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/10/2020

I’m very glad you were happy with our service and our price. We look for a time you need work. David Myers, owner

07/26/2020

Their bid was $4250 more than the next highest bidder - more than twice as much. It was $5700 more than the highly rated company I selected.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Concrete Pad

CATEGORY concrete repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/13/2020

Thanks for the review. Since you had someone else do the work for you, I can’t really come by and see what the original conditions were. I can say that we get a lot of good reviews and many include that we had a lower price I suspect we aren’t really comparing apples to apples and oranges to oranges. If you’d like to contact me directly, or if anybody else would like to contact me directly before ...

07/25/2020

They did a great job and were very knowledgeable. I had a birds nest in the vent which was causing issues. Last company I called didn’t seem to care about helping me figure out what the problem was and told me the vent had nothing in it without even checking. I would hire them again,

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Glue vent cleaning, repair to vent and cap.

CATEGORY chimney sweep,chimney caps,chimney repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/15/2020

Thanks for the great review. Dave Myers, owner

Chimney Sweep, Cleaning, Relining, Chimney Covers, Air Tight Dampers, Patio, Sidewalk And Driveway Installation, Brick Block, Stone Walls, Walks, Paver Installation, Masonry Repairs, Tuck Pointing, Historic Restoration & Basement Water Proofing Systems.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Financing