Affordable Home Improvements, LLC

Founded 1991 • With Angi since August 2014

AHI (Affordable Home Improvements), Llc District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia Class-A certified General Contractor. We specialize in kitchen, bath room, addition and basement remodeling. AHI also has a "handyman" division for smaller projects....

4.3

window replacement (2)garage building (1)roofing (1)fence company (1)siding companies (1)

07/21/2020

Vernon T.

It was wonderful, they did a fantastic job.

Description of Work
They did siding.

Category siding

Work Completed On 03/15/2019

07/15/2020

Ms V.

It was good, they came right away, they were on time, dependable and fair price.

Description of Work
They put up a fence in my driveway and did some roof repair.

Category fencing, roofing

Work Completed On 07/15/2018

07/14/2020

Lynda W.

This is the second time I've used Sydney. We first had him build our carport which he and his crew did a great job for a fair price. I recently called Sydney to install 2 porches lanterns. The 2nd light is an addition and required electrical and cutting through the plaster and repair/painting and again Sydney and his crew did a great job for a fantastic price! Don't hesitate to hire this crew as they are professionals committed to excellence! As an older homeowner I'm always skeptical of contractors; however, Sydney and crew are my go to contractor!!

Description of Work
Installation of porch lanterns

Category garage builders

Work Completed On 07/14/2020

03/01/2016

Janice W.

Description of Work
The reviews were right on point. I had to call this company numerous times to get them to come out and numerous times to get them to do the installation once my windows were in their warehouse. For the first appointment, they did not show up and did not call to cancel, I had to call them and ask them why no one showed... and I had to call back several times to get a new appointment.

Category replacement windows

08/06/2014

Elahe H.

They were extremely helpful from the get go. When I informed the dispatcher that I needed an immediate appointment and I needed it on Sunday evening (they usually don't schedule during that time slot) he made it happen. The sales man (Ted) showed up on time and patiently answered all my questions and made a detailed presentation of their product. The product looked good (if you like vinyl windows). When I expressed hesitation to replace my wood windows with vinyl, Ted offered to provide me with solid wood window replacement, which ended up being more than I could afford. However their price for vinyl windows plus a steel door (total of about $16000) was the best among 5 vendors I talked to. Their warranty was very comprehensive too. Ted was very helpful to answer all my questions through subsequent emails. He was professional, knowledgeable, friendly, and not pushy at all. I was very seriously considering them, but at the end I decided that I just could not go with vinyl windows and since I could not afford solid wood, I chose to go with another vendor which provides windows made of a composite of wood and fiberglass. I highly recommend Window Universe and I will seriously consider them if I have a need for their other services, e.g., gutters.

Description of Work
The provider provided a proposal for replacing 28 windows and a steel door to our deck for a luxury rental property in Bethesda Maryland

Category replacement windows