Nelson Tree Specialist Inc

Founded 1999 • With Angi since March 2012

Experienced, professional and affordable services to help you deal with trees, shrubs and stumps in and around your property. We are standing by, ready to provide you with outstanding services. Your satisfaction is our #1 concern! We offer a wide range of Tree Services with one goal in mind – making you a happy customer! We offer a custom approach to tree removal guaranteed to match your needs and budget. Regardless of the type of Tree service you select, our skilled and insured professionals ensure the job will be done safely. Certified Arborist on staff! License number - 1610....

A Service Provider's profile image

+13 more images

tree service (255)lawn & landscaping (9)mulch delivering (6)lawn care (4)

10/07/2021

Paul S.

Called Nelso Sat Pm - he was there on 30 minutes - called his crew. They were there at 8:00AM Sunday an took the tree down and cleaned up the mess. They did a great job. Hired them back top clean uo other spot son the propery = tree removal and trimming

Description of Work
On a saturday noticed a big tree in a tough spot was nearly totally uprooted and was reday tp fall down and wiope out my shed and tram

Work Completed On 10/07/2021

11/03/2020

Frederick J.

They are great. Pricing are excellent, they are thorough. One of the best company I had hire. They are very fair.

Description of Work
cut down 8 trees and stump grinding. Chop one tree for firewood.

Work Completed On 06/03/2020

09/17/2020

John P.

Set up an appointment a week in advance. I took off from work to ensure I would be home in time for the estimate. Received a last minute message that they cannot make it. Slackers.

Description of Work
Tree trimming

Work Completed On 09/17/2020

06/01/2020

Lucy E.

They came out to look at the job I needed done. I thought it went great and was told I would receive a quote shortly sent by email. I waited the day for an email and the weekend with no response. I called Monday morning and inquired about my quote. I gave my name address and number and was told I would be getting a call back. It’s 6:00 Monday and no one has called back. If this company is to busy or is not able to do the job please let me know don’t say you’re going call back. Not very professional

Description of Work
Needed trees removed and trimmed

Work Completed On 06/01/2020

04/21/2020

Steve K.

No response to multiple attempts to get quote for tree removal. And I am a former customer.

Description of Work
Tree removal

Work Completed On 04/13/2020

09/23/2019

Pamela C.

Sonia came out for an estimate and she was able to schedule our job for the next day. There was a rush because we realized there was an enormous dead white pine very close to the new fence we were installing the next week. The crew was very courteous and expert. Most of the trees were very close to the house and septic so they had to hand cut them. We were extremely pleased with this company and highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Removed a huge dead white pine, five medium white pines and four medium maples that were too close to the house and near our septic system.

Work Completed On 09/18/2019

09/06/2019

Patricia W.

Sonia gave us an estimate on removing one large dead tree as well as trimming several trees near our house and along our driveway. The workers did a great job. They arrived on time and were very respectful of our property. They carefully cut branches out of a very large tree and lowered them on a rope so as to not hit our neighbor's fence or our mailbox. They also did a great job of cleanup. Their price was very reasonable compared to other quotes I had gotten. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Excellent Work for a Great Price

Work Completed On 09/06/2019

06/29/2019

Lea T.

Nelson's is awesome, really. Antonio came by within an hour after the top of the tree fell in a storm, although it was Friday evening. He gave me a very reasonable estimate. The crew came on time the next morning. It was a little tricky because a neighbor was not home to move his car, but they worked carefully, professionally, and protected surrounding areas. They finished in a little more than 2 hours. Everyone was courteous and helpful. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Removal of an 80-year-old oak.

Work Completed On 06/29/2019

06/24/2019

Rhonda T.

OUTSTANDING! The team arrived on time, with all necessary equipment. They removed the tree quickly and efficiently, cleaned up debris. This company will be my "go-to" for future tree removal.

Description of Work
Removed a dead tree in a tricky location.

Work Completed On 06/24/2019

04/28/2019

Dawn W.

I checked Angie's list yesterday after a large tree fell on my townhouse during a wind storm. I found Nelson Tree Service and they are rated A+ with BBB so I called. The dispatcher working the phone was courteous and understood the time sensitive nature of my issue. After texting pictures, I was given a preliminary quote via email and I approved the work. Within an hour an a half someone was at my property to assess what equipment was needed and a crew was already being gathered. In just a little over 2 hours from my initial call an entire crew was at my house along with a crane. The process could not have gone any better. They were professional, expedient, courteous, and efficient. They did an outstanding job. NOTE: I have not yet made a payment for services as the work is being done under an insurance claim. I will be responsisble for my deductible and payment will be made once the claim is completed.

Description of Work
Removal of a large tree that fell on my deck and portion of roof during a wind storm

Work Completed On 04/28/2019

Review for Nelson Tree Specialist Inc - 12833 Highland Rd, Highland, MD - 37845080

04/15/2019

Ruth V.

It could not have gone better. The dying tree was in an area that was difficult to access, as my driveway is very narrow. They gave me the best price of several companies I called, actually came to do the work the next day, hauled away all the debris, and finished sooner than expected. I would not hesitate to call them again!

Description of Work
There was a large tree in my back yard that was dying, and I was afraid it was going to fall on my house or a neighbor’s house.

Work Completed On 04/12/2019

03/14/2019

Menashe K.

I don't know where to begin! In October 2018, a very polite gentlemen came to give us an estimate. In November—based, I believe—on their coupon on Angie's List, I asked what their best price was; they reduced it 10%—to $2,700. Fast forward to March 2019, when I was finally able to get a fence panel out if the way. I called them on Monday, they returned my call Tuesday morning, and said that they could do the job on Wednesday!! Technically, the quote had long expired. They arrived on time between 8-8:30 AM, parked their truck over the sidewalk (as we had discussed), and proceeded to work. On the tree that was trimmed—which was "include" in the price—they did way more than I ever expected! On the tree being removed, they had to do it (exclusively!) via my neighbor's yard—it looked like a war zone! They cleaned up every bit of debris on the neighbor's lawn!!! Finally, they completely chipped/ground the stump and leveled the area.

Description of Work
We needed a good-sized tree removed and another trimmsd.

Work Completed On 03/13/2019

03/02/2019

Jack Z.

I was absolutely delighted when an army of equipment and crew arrived early in the morning, used ladder extensions to easily access trees I thought impossible to reach, and worked to dusk to "tidy up" my nightmare bamboo forest. As a homeowner for 23 years, I am rarely pleased with the value of the work done by contractors. Nelson exceeded all of my expectations. Great work. Great value.

Description of Work
Six large dead or dying trees cut down and removed, hundreds of 25' tall dead or dying bamboo "trees" cut down and removed, five dead already fallen trees removed, one stump ground.

Work Completed On 10/10/2018

03/02/2019

Jack Z.

It felt like the army had arrived early on the day of the job, with five or six large vehicles lined up and waiting to start on time. By sundown, when the job was completed, many more vehicles had come along and rolled out with the debris. The crew worked extremely hard and were well coordinated by communicative supervisors who answered our questions and concerns whenever they came up. By mid-morning they had already taken down most of what we thought were unreachable trees, and then they concentrated on the more difficult task of clearing out our the bamboo forest we had not been able to manage for 20 years--and they did it all in one day! We could not be happier with the work and value we received from Nelson Tree Service. We highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Cut down and haul: 6 sizeable dead or dying trees; approximately 10 dead fallen or partially fallen trees; several hundred dead or dying bamboo "trees" (about 35 feet tall); grind one stump

Work Completed On 10/12/2018

11/05/2018

Russell W.

I had to call several times before getting a date for the service and they were an hour and a half late arriving and I found several large branches left hanging in the remaining branches on the trees but overall, they did what I asked them to do and they were excellent at cleaning up the debris afterward. I have recommended them to my neighbor and would hire them again if needed.

Description of Work
Three trees topped and a fourth tree pruned

Work Completed On 10/31/2018

09/18/2018

Josh F.

I would recommend this company to friends, family, and coworkers. The job was completed with no problems. They were extremely professional and efficient. Their pricing was far better than any of their competitors. What I liked the most was how carefully the crew cleaned up the property and those of my neighbors after the job was done. Really outstanding!

Description of Work
Nelson Tree Specialist removed a tree from my property that was at least 80’ tall. The tree was in a difficult spot in the corner of my yard bordering three other properties.

Work Completed On 09/18/2018

09/09/2018

Toni C.

Exceptional. I would not hesitate to use Nelson Tree Services again. Very professional and it did not take them long to complete the work.

Description of Work
removal of 2 trees and grinding of stumps. I also had them prune a holly bush and remove a dead shrub.

Work Completed On 09/09/2018

09/09/2018

Katharine S.

Nelson (Antonio, Dimas, Edgas, and the crew) performed way above our expectations for a very reasonable price. Our job was tough. Two, 200 yr old, humongous (5-story tall) trees fell on our neighbor's roof and in our backyard adjacent to a national park. Their crane work is superior. Nelson's guys were able to complete the job in half (2 days instead of 4) the time than 2 other competitors quoted, for a reasonable rate. The crew was receptive and considerate, and extremely hardworking, and, as noted, exceptionally efficient in their work. Can't recommend enough.

Description of Work
Removal of Two Humongous Trees, Several Smaller Trees, and Associated Debris

Work Completed On 09/09/2018

Review for Nelson Tree Specialist Inc - 12833 Highland Rd, Highland, MD - 37384890

09/08/2018

Shiehfan H.

Very hard working crew, did the job description efficiently, finish the job one hour before 4:30 , they refuse to spread the wood chips to the areas needed because it’s not in the list , next time I would ask for more flexible service so they will do extras before times!

Description of Work
Trim over grown trees and cut down a couple of dying trees....

Work Completed On 08/13/2018

08/07/2018

Steve K.

Outstanding. Could not have asked for more. Professional, prompt, and thorough.

Description of Work
Multiple tree removal and stump grinding.

08/03/2018

June H.

We are repeat customers. Two trees (40ft maple and 50ft oak) needed to be removed to make room for an addition. A couple other trees needed hanging limbs removed. The four-man team came out at 8a (as scheduled) and worked non-stop (other than to break for lunch and small water breaks) in 80 degree, humid weather until the job was complete (5:30p). The maple was done in an hour since it was in an open area. Due to the location, height, and number of hanging branches (some of which were over two houses), the oak took considerably longer. With just chain saws and ropes (no heavy equipment since ground was marshy from the rains), the crew worked in unison to cut and lower the branches of most concern. All branches were chipped on site and blown into their truck, larger pieces loaded onto another, and both tree stumps grinded (took a couple truck loads to handle all the debris). The crew was courteous and hardworking. They meticulously cleaned up the worksite. There were only a few divots in areas where the extremely heavy limbs landed. Nelson Tree Specialist is not only excellent, but exceptional. They are my first call when tree service is required.

Description of Work
Trees removed and pruned

Work Completed On 08/01/2018

07/22/2018

Linda G.

I received a response very quickly for a quote. The price was reasonable and the work started right away. I was most impressed by the knowledge of Gary. He was able to assist me in making the best decision for the tree and my house which is going on the market. They did the work while I was at work. When I got home, I was amazed at the awesome job they did! It was like the trees were never there. The curb appeal of the house went up 100 fold. I just regret not calling them earlier.

Description of Work
2 overgrown holly trees were removed from front yard. Overgrown trees in backyard trimmed.

Work Completed On 07/11/2018

07/16/2018

Ivan G.

Nelson Tree Specialist was incredibly professional, and did an incredible job removing the old tree on our property. The tree had some branches growing through the electrical wires, and it wasn’t even a problem for them to figure out how to handle it. The large tree removed required extra equipment including a crane (to ensure that parts of the tree did not damage the property or house when cut off), as well as a dumpster given the circumference of the tree trunk. Our neighbors were all impressed as well at how efficiently, and safely everything was done. Plus, given the complexity of removing the large tree, they actually had the lower bid of those we received, and they even were able to schedule us very quickly (within a week or two). We would use them again, and would recommend them.

Description of Work
Removal of large tree