Michael Rafferty

Founded 1999 • With Angi since March 2014

17636 Gettysburg way

Hagerstown, MD 21740

Metal roof painting specialist. All types of metal roofs painted and restored....

08/10/2016

Gerald R.

I liked the promptness and providing something written.

Description of Work
We got a quote from him for exterior painting.

11/16/2015

Vicky L.

When I initially contacted this roofer, he came out and gave us an estimate of $3500. At that time, we discussed the type of paint he would use on our metal roof (fibrous paint) and that he would remove all the old loose paint, and the paint would be either rolled or brushed on. My husband contacted him to ask some additional questions after we received his estimate, which we thought was high. After some conversation, he agreed to complete the work for a lower price ($2700). He did finally complete the work today (in approximately 4 hours). Mr. Rafferty sprayed the roof, did not use fibrous paint, and did not remove all of the loose paint prior to completing the work. There is also overspray on the windows, the flashing around the windows, the gutters, and the siding. When asked about the type of paint, he denied we ever had a conversation about the fibrous paint and said he didn't use that type of paint. When asked about spraying, he said that was what was discussed. I feel like I just got completely screwed out of my money and am left with a roof that looks worse than before. I'm beyond disappointed. Would not hire him again and definitely would NOT RECOMMEND!

Description of Work
Paint metal roof on home.

Category house painters

Hi [Member name removed], Im sorry to see you are not satisfied with the job on your roof.Upon reading your review I see you wanted the roof completely scraped,however your husband instructed me not to do that for fear of opening pinholes in the roof.This is a legitimate concern so I wire brushed the surface per his request.The application by brush or roller was never discussed so there was some miscommunication unfortunately.My goal is always full satisfaction and I wish we had gotten on the same page to avoid confusion.

11/12/2015

Lisa M.

Excellent work and service. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Exterior painting of brick rowhouse.

11/02/2015

samuel S.

Excellent in very way

Description of Work
paint outbuildings and roof

09/09/2015

Rick K.

After my terrible experience with George's Painting, I had called Mike Rafferty and some other painters. Mike had called and had set up a date for an estimate. The other painters either were booked up or just didn't want to do the job because my house was built around 1926. Mike came out and went over what I needed to have completed but he even gave me quotes, if I didn't want to have everything completed at one time, so after going over the plan and the price, I was sold. The bonus was that Mike could start the job in two weeks, the day after labor day. Mike and his crew came by just as expected and had completed the job the same day, which I was amazed but more important the work was Awesome, this was no small job folks, but Mike completed it and also did a couple of favors for me as well, so needless to say his customer service far exceeded what I had expected. He does have one retouch to do but to be honest it may take him about 15 minutes and that is all. My wife and I are very excited about the job, Mike and his crew completed and again I must reiterate the price was fair, the job again was Awesome, plus the clean up after the project had been completed was the icing on the cake. Thank You Mike Rafferty for a job well done and I will use your services again in the future.

Description of Work
I own a duplex, which the job required scraping and repainting of mine and my tenants trim around the 2nd floor porch, the rear gutters, the rear flashing, the rear down spouts, the gutters and flashing running from the back porch to the front down spout, to my front windows and the flashing and gutters around mine and my tenant's windows.

07/07/2015

Bonnie V.

Our experience with Rafferty Painting was very positive. They are professional, responsive and provide quality work. We called Mike on Thursday afternoon about getting an estimate, thinking it would be several days before that could be arranged. However, they were working on a job not too distant from our property and offered to come by that same day. Patrick arrived in about an hour, reviewed what we needed to have done and gave us a fair estimate for the work. He said the work would be done very soon, though hard to predict due to the rainy pattern of weather we'd been experiencing. Sure enough, Patrick and his crew arrived on Monday morning and went straight to work. They finished the entire job in one day and did an outstanding job. After searching for a long time, it was wonderful to finally find a company that specializes in metal roof painting, and provides quality service. We highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Painted our 102 year old metal roof (after sealing valleys, chimney flashing and openings), cleaned, sealed, tightened gutters, capped 2 unused chimneys, and scrapped/primed/painted front porch header.

10/31/2014

Sandra R.

The entire experience from beginning to end was hassle free. Mike was punctual, professional, and a pleasure to work with. He returned my calls, was there when he said he would be, and did the work without incident. He even gave me an added bonus by tinting the roof paint the color of my shutters, which looks great!! I would highly recommend Mike!! A++

Description of Work
Repaired and painted medal roof.

10/08/2014

Pam L.

Rafferty's are very professional and respectful. When the work was finished Rafferty asked if I was satisfied with the work that was performed and if not they would make it right. The job was done perfectly, I would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
Painted the exterior trim, doors and around all windows.

08/28/2014

Brenda M.

08/24/2014

Kim T.

Mr. Rafferty was very professional and prompt, and his painter performed services as specified--in just 1 day! The painter cleaned up well after himself and was very careful. This job was somewhat difficult because the deck floor was one color and the pickets and rails were another color. I ended up sanding worn deck surfaces myself because I was concerned about stain adhering to deck (even though the power washing alone would probably have been sufficient).

Description of Work
Powerwashed entire house and large deck (the latter in preparation for restaining); applied solid stain (2 colors) to decking, pickets, and rails

Category deck cleaning, pressure washing, house painters

04/11/2014

John A.

I have a large red brick home I wanted to paint white, including front functional shutters and back nonfunctional ones. The job presented many challenges. First of all, the brick's rough texture and 60 year old brick meant that several coats had to be applied. The entire structure first had to be power washed, then painted with a sealer. Patrick and Michael Rafferty began the job the day after the contract was signed. The painting began during the few warmer days in January, and continued a few weeks later after the severe cold weather had abated. Then they ordered and replaced shutters as necessary. Their attention to detail was very good, even removing downspouts, cleaning and painting them before replacing. They are extremely prompt and courteous and were on the job every day without interruption until completed; they wasted NO time. I must emphasize this was a very large, rather involved job. I cannot attest to price because I did not get other quotes; I did this because I have used them for 20 years or more on several of of my farm outbuildings and they always did an excellent job.

Description of Work
Paint exterior of large home

04/09/2014

RONALD W.

Professional job, on time and on budget.

Description of Work
Repainted and sealed tin roof.

04/05/2014

Elizabeth B.

Mike arrived promptly on time for his estimate. He was very professional. He communicated well (this is a HUGE plus--I have found that getting contractors to communicate with you is a problem these days). He responds to email and voice mail/telephone very well. I felt his prices were very fair. When I arrived home from work, the job was complete and I was more than satisfied. There was no mess for me to clean up. It was like he was never there except it looked like I had a new roof. I will be getting estimates from Mike to do exterior painting this fall along with sealing my driveway.

Description of Work
Painted and sealed my metal roof

Wonder Seasons

Great price ! Best job ! Specializing in Painting Services. We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today.

R George's Paving LLC

We have been operating since 1985. This is an owner-operator company and we have at least 40 years of experience. Our goal is customer satisfaction. Before work is performed, each job is clearly explained by the owner to the customer, so that the end result is not a surprise. We are equipped to handle any size job, large or small with the latest modern machinery available to a paving contractor. Whether your project involves paving or seal-coating, rest assured that it will be done in a neat, professional manner.

MPS Paving LLC

WORK WITH ONE OF MARYLAND'S MOST TRUSTED ASPHALT CONTRACTORS BIG OR SMALL, WE PAVE IT ALL! Whether you need new asphalt installation, asphalt repairs, or seal coating for your parking lot, driveway or roadway, you can rest assured that our decades of experience and professional crew will get the job done right, on time and within budget. Our greatest value is customer service and providing the utmost satisfaction in every project. We treat all our customers with respect and care for there property - just as it were our own.

Satisfaction

Residential and commercial exterior house and metal roof painting, power washing, deck staining, fences, driveway sealing, rust repair & leak sealing.

New roof installation.