Antietam Tree & Turf

Founded 1967 • With Angi since October 2010

405 N Burhans Blvd

Hagerstown, MD 21740

We are a local company with a reputation for providing client and customers with highly qualified, certified professionals in tree, lawn, pest management, landscape and irrigation industry. Additional phones - Frederick (301) 662-0500, (717) 263-1940, West Virginia (304) 274-2556. Additional email

05/17/2019

Robert F.

I called them 4 days ago and have not heard back. That's why they are C.

Description of Work
Needed Tree Removal

10/09/2017

Odell M.

Acted like an *** when he showed up to survey my property, never sent quote

Description of Work
Asked for a quote for irrigation installation and weed treatment

01/01/2017

Dennis S.

The VP of company gave me a Verbal price of $525.00, I agreed and VP said he would start in 2017....There was no paper signed, just a Verbal Agreement on the $525.00 for the work. 2 days later I received a email with obviously the secretary name, Not a business name.. with the Proposal (company Name onn it)...For $600.00, I called the company and left a message for the VP to call me. 6 hours later, he called and I asked what became of the $525.00 we agreed on..He replied after he had thought about it, he added the $75.00 because of the power lines. I would NOT recommend this company, but if you get your Free estimate...SIGN A Paper on the spot with the price..

Description of Work
60' High willow tree removed, 5 foot away from overhead power line Dead Ash tree Topped No clean up, I would do it..

11/25/2015

Paul B.

They did a great job removing tree branches, but had forgotten to bring hedge trimmers for the boxwood hedge, so that didn't go as well. They borrowed my hedge trimmer, but their own would have been longer and better for shaping if they'd remembered to bring them. If you have them do both tree and yard work on the same visit, remind them the day before!! I think they mostly do tree work. They had a bucket truck which made it very easy to reach high branches and trim them back. They were very willing to let me look at the views opening up and request where to trim further. I added another pair of trees to the work while they were here, and the added cost was very fair. There was one tree they could not drive the bucket truck to, so they had to climb it, and that went well too. Scheduling the initial estimate was easy. However when I said to go ahead, and they were deciding when to come out to do the job, the office could never tell me when the scheduling decision would be made. Eventually they called me about 2-3 weeks before the date they chose. The timing was fine, and I wasn't in a hurry, but I wish the office could tell customers when to expect the work to be scheduled.

Description of Work
Trimmed boxwood hedge and tree branches

06/06/2015

Geraldine L.

The process went very well and we are happy with how beautiful our Maple trees look. After recent storms, we are no longer finding dead and broken limbs on the ground in this area. Will definitely be using their services again in the future!

Description of Work
Cleaned up very, very large grouping of very, very tall maple trees. Removed large broken branch from cherry tree. Removed very large tree limb on ground, along with pine tree limb. Cleaned up all brush and smaller tree limbs under trees.

12/01/2014

Charles R.

I got quotes from a bunch of people and I think I finally went with Antietam. Overall the experience was good. They had the best price of the group that I got bids on. They did a good job and were pretty busy.

Description of Work
I think I used Antietam Tree & Turf to cut down three trees.

11/03/2014

Perette H.

I have not received a phone call back. It's been more than a week

Description of Work
I left a message with the female receptionist. It has been over a week now and have not received a return call.

05/19/2014

Marie E.

Went great - showed up at scheduled times, cleaned up. Cost less than estimate

Description of Work
I have been using Antietam for the last 3 years for treating my lawn, last summer they removed shrubs, trimmed trees and shrubs. Did a great job and came in under estimate.

Category lawn service, lawn treatment, tree service

01/19/2014

Fred W.

This company did a good job, only the stump they left was too much. I would preferred that the tree be cut along the ground.

01/11/2014

Joseph K.

Did and excellent job removing a large spruce tree, and I currently use them for lawn fertilizing. I was using TruGreen and it seemed they came out every month and called once a week to up sell some other service. I get the same if not better results now for a fraction of the cost.

Description of Work
I used Antietam Tree & Turf

12/04/2013

Hannah B.

I called this company to get a quote to remove dead limbs from a tree in my back yard. The technician that came out called me within a day to inform me he would be out in the next 48 hours to make an assessment and give me a quote. He was punctual and provided a thorough assessment of the health of tree. However, the quote he gave me was twice as much as two other tree services had already provided me.

Description of Work
Quote for a climber to trim dead limbs from a tree.

09/03/2013

susan C.

I was very pleased with them. Scheduling with them was very easy. They did the clean up as well. They did a very nice job. They took are of all 15 trees in one day.

Description of Work
They had them trim 15 trees.

08/01/2013

Mary-Lou D.

Worked fine, showed up a little early with 2 man crew. One climbed up in tree in harness to trim branches & other person hauled them away to grinder truck in the driveway. We had been concerned about pine tree- didn't want lower branches trimmed. They did not over-trim tree. Clean up was satisfactory. Only one unhappy was squirrel living in oak tree who had to find a new route out of the oak tree-was surprised to have branches missing, sort of bounced but seems okay.

Description of Work
Trimmed branches on a white pine tree that were touching the roof. Also trimmed 2 large oak trees in backyard-mostly dead limbs not reachable by my husband and elevated lower limbs to provide 6-7 feet of clearance over the lawn. Cleaned up & hauled away debris.

06/18/2013

lois R.

It went great, they said they would be there on a certain day ,they come and did the work as requested. They also gave us some recommendations for keeping the tree healthy.

Description of Work
Trimmed large tree in backyard of rental property.

05/07/2013

Michael K.

Antietam Tree & Turf does good work. They're local so you get a home town feel with them.

Description of Work
Antietam Tree & Turf are cutting down 10 trees and grinding 6 of the stumps for 600 dollars.

04/29/2013

Sharon A.

All work was done quickly and safely, with debris from the stumps and grinding completely removed. They asked if I wanted the trees cut for firewood or removed. I am still waiting to have a replacement tree planted, but only because the type of tree I want is not currently available in nurseries. Very courteous and professional during both estimate and work performance (Jeremy did estimate; two other workers did actual removal).

Description of Work
Two large trees - one split in two sections near the base - near the house were removed. Trees were quite tall - one totally without branches or leaves, the other one (split in two sections) was heavily branched but not yet leafed out.

11/19/2012

Austin H.

Work was completed when promised and very quickly. All residue was cleaned up and area where stump was ground out was planted with grass seed and covered with straw. Work was done very quickly and professionally. We obtained three bids before having this work done. Antietam Tree and Turf was not the lowest bidder, but quoted a fair price. We selected them based upon their quick followup and responsiveness to our questions, as well as experience having seen them performing other work in our neighborhood. Would definitely recommend them and use them again.

Description of Work
Cut down and removed dead tree. Ground out and removed stump.

11/16/2012

Angela R.

I contacted the company and requested a quote. The representative arrived, surveyed the area, asked what I wanted done and provided a quote and the date when he would be able to get the job done. I did have to call the company and ask for an approximate arrival time however, once they arrived they proceeded to remove the tree. They had to return on a different day to grind the stump and prepare the area for a new tree. Three days later they returned and ground the stump, removed above ground roots and prepared the area for the new tree. The yard was raked and left in excellent condition. I have no complaints about the quality of the work or the time it took to complete the job.

Description of Work
Antietam Tree & Turf provided the best price for the removal of a Cherry tree from my front yard. They did the job quickly and returned to grind the stump and prepare the area for future planting of another tree. They did a wonderful job with the removal of the tree, grinding the stump and cleaning up the yard. I would use and recommend this company not only for the quality of their work but for their reasonable pricing.

11/04/2012

Melissa J.

Because of the significant damage throughout the region, they were one of the few companies that responded and came out quickly to give us an estimate. We had a budget set aside for the work and needed to prioritize based on that budget. Unfortunately, the person who came out refused to provide us with an itemized estimate and also refused to provide us with an estimate in writing. We opted not to go with their service because of his refusal to do so.

Description of Work
We had storm damage to multiple trees and called to get an estimate.

07/17/2012

Robert F.

The crew arrived on the appointed day and time. They trimmed the tree to the estimated specifications. They departed, leaving my front yard clean from debris. I would recommend Antietam to anyone needing tree service.

Description of Work
Jeremy came to my house on the day and time promised. Gave me a reasonable estimate on trimming a large tree in the front of my house.

07/16/2012

Barbara M.

I used to have them do a whole lot more, but they turned out to be rather expensive. So, now I use them only for a couple of trees. Their service is good. They are punctual; they come out when they say they would. I hardly see them. The technician, who does the job, leaves a note on my doorknob. I do not have interaction with them. Every year, when they have sent me my contract, they have added a couple of things other than the things I wanted, but I have just let it go. Finally, I called them up and told them that I just wanted a couple of trees sprayed. So, it is fine now. They do good work. I will not, however, use them in the future. I have switched to a more reasonable provider.

Description of Work
I have used Antietam Tree & Turf every spring and fall to spray the trees. The last time they came out, they sprayed a couple of trees.

06/15/2012

Dr Elliot K.

There was a delay in providing the service but the company agent phoned ahead to be sure a new date was satisfactory. The crew was personable and knowledgeable. They did a fine job and cleaned up afterwards as directed. Antietam's estimator was very knowledgable and helpful and answered satisfactorily all questions put to him. The price I paid was the same as two other services had bid, so clearly the cost was 'fair' hence the 'C' grade above. I shall call on Antietam in future.

Description of Work
Antietam removed a flowering cherry tree and pruned another tree.

06/05/2012

Patricia Y.

Antietam Tree and Turf did a pretty decent job. They knew their business. They have also done landscaping work for me, but they put too much mulch out. I would use them again.

Description of Work
Antietam Tree and Turf pruned some trees for me.

04/11/2012

Ann C.

We found them on Angie's list. We were very satisfied and we will continue to use them.

Description of Work
We have had our trees taken care of by Antietam Tree & Turf .

03/26/2012

Kathy D.

They did a great job. I think I dealt with a guy by the name of Roger. They were very good. I got three different estimates and they gave the best price and did a great job. They did more than removing just one tree, they pruned weeds and shrubs off her fence between her house and the neighbor’s yard. They also pruned a huge pine tree that had wires growing throughout, and they cut it back so that the wires were free and clear and it was a great price. I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used Antietam Tree & Landscape to remove a dead tree from my daughter's backyard.