Glen Burnie Roofing LLC

With Angi since January 2010

1152 McHenry Dr

Glen Burnie, MD 21061

Additional email - Mike@glenburnieroofing.com. Family owned & operated.

06/16/2018

Kathleen A.

This was a great experience. Arrived on time and began right away to strip off the old roof. The crew was extremely efficient. They applied the new roofing materials expertly. When finished they cleaned up the entire site and it looked like no one had been there. I cannot praise them enough for the fantastic job they did. I would hire this company again in an instant. The price was reasonable and the new roof looks fantastic.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

11/02/2017

christa O.

They company did not respond at all.

Description of Work
I messaged company through Angie's List. I needed an estimate for roofing repairs due to a leak.

09/20/2017

Catherine F.

The woman answering the phone (Jen?) identified herself as the owner's wife/co-owner and was really nice. Sounds like her husband's usual practice is to come by and see the roof on his schedule, and the home owner doesn't have to be there. I told her that I would like to be there, so she said that Mike would call me to set up an appointment. This was a Tuesday morning, and he didn't call back until Thursday afternoon, even though I had told Jen that my roof was leaking, and it was a very rainy week. I wasn't at home when Mike called, so he left a voice mail. I called him back promptly and left him a voice mail and I never heard back from him. Seriously? A few weeks later, I told my contractor what had happened and he said that he can't recommend companies that don't treat his customers well.

Description of Work
I needed a new roof. Glen Burnie Roofing had been recommended by my contractor and by a friend.

08/07/2017

Rita B.

Wonderful job! Completed on time, professionally and neatly!

Description of Work
Remove old roofing shingles, repair some damaged plywood, repair/replace flashing around chimney, replace with architectural shingles.

05/22/2017

George E.

Showed up on time. Very professional group, easy to work with. Kept me updated thru the entire project.

Description of Work
Replaced the entire roof on both the house and detached garage. Plus replaced all the bad wood underneath. They made a stressful project go smoothly and quickly. Can't say enough about the whole team. If you need a roof these are the folks.

03/14/2017

John D.

After accepting the estimate I contracted with Glen Burnie Roofing LLC to install a new roof covering on my house. The crew showed up on time as scheduled. The foreman Sammy was polite and communicated well. I was there while the work was done and Sammy kept me informed on any concerns that came up during the work. There were specific details on my roof that needed special attention and the work crew handled them well. They finished the job in one day, although it was a long day. This was impressive considering I needed a significant amount of plywood replaced. The final product looks fantastic. The site was thoroughly cleaned before they left. I highly recommend Glen Burnie Roofing LLC for anyone who needs roof work.

Description of Work
Roof covering replacement including plywood replacement and minor structural repairs.

02/20/2017

Cary M.

Of the three estimates I received, Glen Burnie Roofing was the best. Word of mouth in my area, coupled with the ratings I found on Angieslist sold me. I had heard that they can be hard to book since the are so in demand. I waited about 3 weeks for the job to get done, which was a little less than the time they told me before I signed the contract. The team was very professional and worked extremely hard to finish my rather large, multi-leveled roof in a day. They installed a "chimney" to replace the ungly old metal one. It has a brick facade and greatly exceeded my expectations. On other thing stood out. I had a loose piece of siding that was starting to flap in the wind and, without saying a word before or afterwards, Mike fixed it for me. There's a reason Glen Burnie Roofing has fantastic ratings.

Description of Work
I needed a new roof installed, with some plywood replaced.

09/12/2016

Harriet S.

Extremely well, they not only replaced 2 layers of roof but also cleaned the gutters at the same time. We got 3 estimates and they were the least expensive even though they are top rated. I am a real estate agent and they were one of the roofers a recent seller got for an estimate. Two of the roofers gave the sellers prices to replace the roof . Glen Burnie Roofing told the seller it didn't need to be replaced for 7 or 8 years. Mike did clean off some debris for the sellers when doing the inspection.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

05/06/2016

Rhonda P.

This is the best roofing company. Mike and Jenn are awesome. I received quality service. My roof looks great. Thanks a bunch.

Description of Work
Put on a new roof.

10/28/2015

Nathaniel C.

Mike provided the best quote and based on past experience and Angies list reviews, I decided to go with them. Communicating with them is a sometimes odd experience. They usually won't call you first, you need to take the initiative and call them for updates. I think they took a little longer than I liked because of weather and because they were waiting on a color of shingle that was hard to get. Once I called and found out what was causing the delay, I changed colors and had a date set. The supplies arrived the day before the work. The night before, Mike kept me in the loop on possible delays due to another job. Even though the work started ~11AM, the entire installation only took until 4PM. This involved a complete tear down and replacement of rotted planks along the eaves and chimney and cracked boards throughout. They were very upfront about the additional materials cost and I think it is well worth it to ensure a solid substrate. The completed roof looks great. They use GAF architectural shingles and supplies. These seem to be of fairly good quality. The drip edges on the rake are extra deep and the new ridge vent appears to be superior to my prior style. All the flashing around the chimney was replaced and the sewer vents were reflashed and painted. All in all an excellent job. We have already had a couple of rainstorms, and I see no issues. I would highly recommend this company for your roof work.

Description of Work
Provided roof replacement for 988 sq ft home (14 squares roofing, single layer). Replaced 200 linear feet of rotted/ cracked decking. Reflashed chimney and plumbing vents.

04/24/2015

Scott S.

From initial contact, Mike was very informative, responsive and thorough in all aspects of the roof replacement. Mike sent a package with all the product details and asked that if we had any questions to give him a call to discuss. He was very helpful and answered all our questions and once we scheduled the work day, Mike kept us informed of the weather and potential impact. They do not replace roofs in wet weather, understandable. Before the start day, Mike schedules materials delivery to be placed on the roof. He scheduled the materials delivery date and gave us plenty of advance notification (several days before) to ensure the delivery truck with crane would be able to use the driveway to unload the materials onto the roof. The day before the start day, Mike called and let us know the team of 5 would arrive 7-730 and reminded us to have our driveway clear for their trash container. At 710 on 21 April, the team arrived, set up the job site, staging tools, covering all areas around the house with large tarps to keep as much roof material as possible from hitting our plants, deck etc. by 735 they were on the roof, and began the roof removal. Very professional, courteous team. It was a rather windy day and as you might expect materials were blown about. Once the roof was cleared about 1035 or so, the team took a break and made a quick pass through through our neighbors' yards to retrieve any of the larger pieces of paper which may have blown around. Things moved rather quickly at this point and by 2pm or so, the roof was in place, ridge vent end caps being installed, all tarps removed and the clean up process had begun. Mike and his father Doug were at the site intermittently throughout the day and at the house helping with the clean up, making several walks around the property with the team to ensure the job site was as clean as possible. By 315 the team was packed and departing. The price for the job, with all that was provided for our 19 square roof, was better than other advertised deals and the quality of the experience could not have been any better. Mike, Doug, Sammie (crew lead) and the entire team were excellent.

Description of Work
Replaced roof

03/12/2015

Kelly F.

We waited 48 hours for our "local" roofing company to respond that there is a bigger job for them and they can't complete our roof or provide an estimate.

Description of Work
They quickly returned a phone call to give an estimate on a leaking roof & replacement. We spent time with them doing the measurements, then about 48 hours later they called and said they can't take the job due to a bigger job coming up.

01/27/2015

Jonathan B.

These folks did a great job from the person on the phone to the gentleman who did the estimate to the fellows who did the physical work. Everything was on time, the work was performed superbly, clean-up was just right and the price was competitive. The skylights have been in place since mid-November and we have had plenty or rain and snow to test them and everything passes with flying colors. We are happy to recommend them and would have them back in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Replaced two old, leaky skylights.

Category roofing, skylights

01/24/2015

Linda S.

They did a great job. It was a great price, great job. It was easy to get an appointment. We don't have any complaints with them. They arrived on time for the appointment. They were professional and courteous. We're just very pleased.

Description of Work
I used Glen Burnie Roofing. They put a roof on my grandson's house.

12/30/2014

Rhonda P.

They showed up at the crack of dawn as promised and began to replace our existing roof. Tarps where put everywhere to contain all the debris . We did need a few boards replaced and they explained why that was necessary which I appreciated. The roof was done in 1 day and It looks great. The ridge vent is awesome, it 's real energy saver as Mike said it would be. They made sure my yard was keep clean (no roofing nails) and did a wonderful job. It's been over a year since this roof was put on, no signs of ugly mildew and best of all no leaks. My neighbor just had their roof done and it looks spectacular. I would definitely recommend this company.

Description of Work
Gave an estimate of a new roof and went over installing a ridge vent. Mike was great and very informative. He also explained why we had those ugly black mildew looking lines on are existing roof. Mike told us about the fungi mildew resident shingles that are now available. We decided to hire this company and we ever receive the The Arundel Hills Resident Discount.

10/26/2014

Robyn G.

Glen Burnie Roofing's price beat all others we contacted. They were completely professional. They started after 7:30 a.m. and were cleaned up and gone by the time I got home from work at 3:30. I stopped by during my lunch break to see how it was going. One of the workers, I assume he was in charge, came down from the roof to talk to me about the job. Before they replaced any decking, I received a phone call at work to let me know that 6 sheets of decking needed to be replaced and asked if that was okay. That was totally okay as another company told me I would probably need the entire roof decking replaced! Glen Burnie Roofing charged $45.00 per decking sheet which was $20.00 lower than the other company. They did a wonderful job and I have yet to find a nail in my yard. I would highly recommend this local business who provides quality work at a very reasonable price.

Description of Work
Complete new roof and replaced 6 sheets of roof decking.

08/11/2014

Rita B.

Mike was very professional and really worked with our schedule to get our job done. We got four different estimates for our job and Glen Burnie Roofing gave us the best estimate by far. Not only that, they came highly recommended by several people we know.

Description of Work
Remove old roof shingles. Replace damaged plywood and install new lifetime roof.

02/19/2014

William M.

Don't waste your time with sales people this folks are roofers and do a great job at a fair price. No games.

Description of Work
The other companies I called wanted to schedule sales appointments with husband and wife both should be present. Both called back to reschedule the day of the appointment. Glen Burnie Roofing just came out gave me a good price and did a great job.

01/10/2014

Bruce D.

They have been used in our neighborhood for 20+ years and they have been coming from our neighborhood through word of mouth. We have been using them since they have been the most reasonable price for the right quality. They were polite and respectful. They did a good job. We found through the word of mouth. They cleaned around the bushes in the house. They had a big magnetic roller to pick the nails that came off the roof. They were very nice.

Description of Work
Glen Burnie Roofing LLC did a complete shingle replacement and tore off the original shingle & redid one panel. They re-roofed the whole roof.

12/04/2013

Steve J.

After a less than satisfied experience with a larger firm I called Glen Burnie Roofing based on Angie's list reviews. It took a few tries to get in touch (they are a small business). I was able to get an inspection of the problem in a few days and a quote for almost 1/3 the price of my other quote. I was told that they were backed up but would get to me as soon as possible, probably about a week. Less than a week later they came and did the work. They spoke to my wife since I was at work but waited to bill me until I had a check to verify the work. They even sent pictures of before and after so I would not need to climb on the roof myself. I was very pleased with the work and was pleasantly surprised that there was NO construction material left in the yard from their visit. (A first for the various contractors I have used.) I'm sure that this is who I will call for any future roofing work I need.

Description of Work
Replaced two vent boots on the roof that had been installed wrong.

11/19/2013

Sharon M.

They were timely did a great job. They were done in one day and I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They replaced my roof for me.

11/15/2013

Ruth S.

They showed up exactly as scheduled and got right to work. They laid down tarps to protect the yard and shrubs and used a large truck to collect the majority of the tear-off as they worked. One section of the vent caps did not lay down properly so they took it off and did it over without any prompting from me. The new roof looks wonderful and I know it will last at least 30 years. They used all premium materials.

Description of Work
Completely remove old roof ( including the nasty soggy plywood) and install a totally new roof. Also did the exterior installation of 2 sun tunnels.

07/31/2013

Pat E.

They did an excellent job. Very nice to work with. They did a great job cleaning up

Description of Work
They had to replace 2 skylights for us

Category roofing, skylights

06/04/2013

thelma H.

They are local and I like to use local. My roof is leaking so they have to get up there, look around, and inspect everything and they did a very thorough job of that. They showed up when they said they would for the inspection. They did send a man that knew roof, so I could've agree with everything he said that was wrong. He just compiled all the information and they drew up a quote. He was right on the dot and professional.

Description of Work
I got a quote from Glen Burnie Roofing for roofing.

02/19/2013

James H.

I used them to replace my roof. I do not think that they did a good quality job. I used them last probably five years ago. They took my old roof off and put a new one on. I am not sure if I would rate them an "A" or a "B," probably it would be a little close to a "C." The thing I did not like about them is they did not put in the new gutter system that was included in the price.

Description of Work
I used Glen Burnie Roofing LLC for replacing my roof.