Don Hoffacker’s Air Conditioning & Heating

Founded 1977 • With Angi since March 2005

19703 Waters Rd

Germantown, MD 20874

In the summer of 1977, Don Hoffacker's Air Conditioning & Heating opened its doors to begin providing residents in Montgomery County with quality service and installations of new heating and cooling equipment. The firm seeks to employ only qualified individuals, who are continuously educated and trained on new products arriving on the residential market each year. We pride ourselves as a firm having been recognized time and again by local media, as well as a very prominent consumer organization, as a business providing service and installation procedures which are top rated for both price and quality....

HVAC Companies (574)water heaters (20)well & water pump repair (16)electrician (13)plumbers (10)drain cleaning (4)house painting (2)air duct cleaning (1)tree service (1)

07/11/2021

Paul N.

Heat pump running but not cooling. Technician John took care of business efficiently while still politely answering all the questions I pestered him with. He updated me on the price I could expect to pay, which, considering it was a Sunday call, I felt was quite reasonable. I will use Hoffacker's going forward and I will request John.

Description of Work
Capacitor replacement/Add refrigerant

Work Completed On 07/11/2021

01/25/2021

Staci R.

They did a fantastic job and were very personable and had done work on our house years ago. Thousands less than other bids I received and they were able to come out right away. They had everything back on within 3 1/2 hours and adjusted the gas lines at no additional cost and are providing a year of maintenance. Even followed up with a hand written thank you note.

Description of Work
Need new furnace

Work Completed On 01/19/2021

09/10/2020

Andrew F.

They are excellent. We are saving a bundle on our electric bill since they installed it and their service technicians are excellent and always on time. I rarely see a company that is as good as they are and I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They service my HVAC system.

Work Completed On 05/10/2020

07/31/2020

Ismael G.

They were prompt. They came and did the job. They respond quickly. I've been with them for more than 15 years.

Description of Work
My AC broke down.

Work Completed On 07/30/2020

06/11/2020

KATE L.

He was very prompt and he fixed it. I've worked with them for 20 years and I was really pleased with their service. They are friendly and efficient. I have recommended them to my friends.

Description of Work
My heater went out. He came out and fixed it.

Work Completed On 03/01/2020

06/03/2020

Todd S.

I've used this company for years. They've always done a good job for me until recently. I was having issues with my system. One of the problems was a heat exchanger issue. Turns out there was a factory recall on this part in my Bryant furnace that they refused to honor. Because of this, I switched to a different Bryant certified contractor that did honor the factory recall. Don Hoffacker's lost a customer over this. Being in a service industry myself, they also lost all the referrals I would have continued to send them. The part that really irks me is that I had to figure out there was a recall by doing my own research. They didn't even tell me.

Description of Work
Servicing an HVAC system they installed

Work Completed On 09/01/2019

We do honor the recall for the heat exhangers, however they only cover one part of it. Our policy is that we replace both primary and secondary heat exchangers for a safe operation of the furnace. Only doing one part does not ensure proper operation and we don't do repairs half way. We apologize for any misunderstanding and hope you receive proper service for the future.

10/23/2019

Rita M.

I have used this company before and really like to use them. Everything with the installation went perfect. Very good experience.

Description of Work
Gas hot water heater

Work Completed On 10/23/2019

08/06/2019

Rita M.

Went great! The repair technician was able to quickly diagnose the problem and replace the part. I was happy that I didn’t have to replace my ancient air conditioner. But when it does need to be replaced I will call this company.

Description of Work
Repair A/C

Work Completed On 07/29/2019

03/20/2019

Jerry K.

VERy good. We used them for over 20 years.

Description of Work
HVAC Maintenance

Work Completed On 10/20/2018

01/24/2019

Lea G.

The technicians arrived on time, were very polite and professional, and finished the job quickly.

Description of Work
Install of AC unit

Work Completed On 09/20/2018

Heat pumps, gas furnaces, humidifiers, air cleaners, water heaters, air conditioners, hybrid heat, duct fabrication & repair and geothermal.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Financing Available