Beltway Builders

Founded 1991 • With Angi since July 2014

3.6

766 State Route 3 N

Gambrills, MD 21054

Beltway Builders is a well established Maryland based company. We offer all types of services including Kitchen/bathroom remodels, Custom decks/Siding, Windows/roofing, Stamped concrete, HVAC, Plumbing, Painting,Electrical, and all other home related handyman services. Big or small-We do it all!! We are available 24/7 at 410-Remodel (410) 736-6335....

04/01/2022

Arthur W.

They came out and did the work. They did a great job because they took their time and if I had any issue or small thing that I needed, they answer. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
Repair a deck porch and walkway

Category decks

10/28/2021

John L.

They were terrible. They install an incorrect door.

Description of Work
Replaced my main entry door.

10/27/2021

Nne O.

I wish I read the reviews before handing this company my deposit for my driveway. The first red flag began when after I gave my project manager my deposit, I was NOT contacted for a start date for 3 weeks. I called BB and they informed me my project manager was let go -- when this was not true at all. Sent into an unnecessary panic about the validity of my project manager. This however forced everything along with a proper start date. Following that mix up, I noticed They, and by they, I include project manager and a "scheduling manager" either don't respond to your messages and only do respond after hounding BB customer service via text and phone. When work is finally scheduled and they provided me a date and time they don't show up and the cycle begins - hounding BB, project manager etc. via call and text. This company is a big, disorganized mess. With every day of scheduled work I've had to hound for a new date and time: the initial date, the follow up date and even right now even for cleanup and the last day for finishing the project after two no call no shows. Be forewarned If there is any debris left over for their job expect a week or so before they get to cleaning it up. If you live in a strict area, expect to get fined for this! Which I'm honestly expecting. In total two weeks of headache, pulling teeth to get anywhere, and frustration. Not worth the headache. The quality of the work thus far has been great but it's NOT worth it. Choose a mom and pops, a small business, anything is better than this nightmare of a company!! I will never use or recommend them again!!

Description of Work
Concrete driveway

Category concrete driveways

05/12/2021

Katy H.

I paid a deposit of over $1,000 on April 1st (April Fools Day...I should have known) for replacement of stair railings. Per the contract, work would be completed in 2-4 weeks. It has been 6 weeks and I got a call today saying they couldn't get the railing I requested. I gave the project manager my 2nd choice within 5 minutes. Now a 'supervisor' needs to call me and I was told their may be a change in pricing. Pretty sure it won't go down. Still waiting on the call back, but they definitely haven't met the terms of the contract in time, I am anticipating they won't be honoring the price either. I wish I had checked Yahoo reviews before hiring, they are much lower than Angi. I will adjust my review if they actually install the railing I contracted for.

Description of Work
Replace interior stair railings

Category hardwood floor

02/04/2021

Katie M.

They were professional and responsive with the estimate.

Description of Work
Hardscaping.

01/13/2021

Stuart E.

We set up an appointment, they called to let me know they were running late and then asked my wife what we needed done and the gentleman said their minimum job was $550 just to come out.

Description of Work
Weatherstripping on front door is coming off. Needs to be replaced.

Category handyman service

11/04/2020

Jennifer .

I waited two hours and no one showed up! Don't waste your time on this company because they will not even give you the courtesy of calling to say they will be late! So rude and unprofessional! Glenn was the person that was suppose to give me a roofing estimate.

Description of Work
Roof estimate

Category roofing, dog fence

09/02/2020

Lanita T.

This didn’t go well. I would never recommend this company for any projects. These guys will lie & will not perform quality work. They don’t show up on time or on the agreed upon day. They are rude & unprofessional. Please do your homework & look up reviews on Yelp as well. By all means avoid them.

Description of Work
Fence replaced

Category fencing

07/30/2020

Patrice B.

The two office Supervisors I dealt with Jenniffer and Brittney were fantastic.

Description of Work
Gutters replaced

Category gutter repair, dog fence

07/21/2020

Ann S.

I was very happy with this company. The workers were excellent and very professional. All my questions were answered before we started and the workers kept me in the loop as the project was started and completed. I will use this company again. It is good do know there is a company that stands by their work, is professional and the work is of excellent quality. I am looking for my next project. This company does just about everything.

Description of Work
Deck repair/shed put up/cement formation for shed

Category concrete repair, decks, handyman service, deck cleaning

Thank you so much Mrs. [Member Name Removed] it was our pleasure doing business with you, and we are so happy that you are pleased, and had such a great experience. We look forward to doing business with you again in the future.

05/20/2020

Randall M.

They never responded to my request.

Description of Work
Wish to replace existing wooden privacy fence and alley-way gate with vinyl privacy fence.

Category fencing

Mr. [Member Name Removed] we do not have any record of a request from you, I truly apologize. If you are still looking to have your project done, we would love to get you set up for a free estimate! Again I truly apologize, we would never ignore a potential customer, intentionally. I hope that you will accept our apology, and consider updating this review, as I do not believe that our company deserves this blemish on our record due to an unfortunate misunderstanding.Please reach out to me if you would like to discuss further as I said we have no record of ever receiving your request in our system from Angies List. My name is Brittany and I am the office supervisor. The number is 410-736-6335. Thank you!

05/10/2020

Luan O.

The work was completed by someone they contracted to do the work and it looked ok. The work as advised and written in contact with Beltway Builders had a 1 year warranty. The work was completed in June 2019. But by early December we could see gaps all over the work that was done where the pieces of plywood joined and the caulk had come apart / cracked. The caulk was supposed to be re done which it was on December 8th 2019 however not long after this it again split and the cracks came back which I several pictures to show this. Howard from Betlway Builders upon contact told us to wait till Spring before him asking him to resolve this since he blamed it on the weather. So we emailed Howard at Beltway again several time this month and last (April & May 2020) to chase for this to be rectified again only to now be told only if we pay an additional $650! $450 if we supply the caulk because when we emailed him for the 2nd time about this we said we will buy proper caulk for the exterior because not only was it not being applied well and it was being painted over before dry, but it was also not good caulk because there is no way this should happen twice within months of the work being completed. My husband and I are livid that we are being asked to pay out additional money while within the 1 year warranty period for the caulk to be done correctly. The kind of work they did should last 20-30 years not just months! We pointed out to Howard at Beltway that we are still within that warranty year and he has confirmed back that they will not rectify this work without more money! Terrible!

Description of Work
Wooden moldings under bay and front windows replaced on front and side of home.

Category remodeling, house painters

Mr./Mrs. [Member Name Removed], as we have already listened to all of your concerns in regards to this work that was done. We did come out and service your work as asked to do so, we did honor your warranty, and we work with you and BBB due to the complaint that you filed, that was closed by the BBB - in good standing. We held up our end of what you were promise, and in the Mutual Release agreement that we have with one another. I believe it only to be fair that you update this review, based of the total and over all experience that you had with our company, once the problem was resolved, this review does not accurately reflect our business and how we handle and work with our customers to resolve problems. We would appreciate it if you would update your review as you had told us you would do so on all the platforms that you left reviews upon. Thank you! & We are happy that we could resolve all of your issues!

05/01/2020

Patrick K.

They were very responsive and provided the estimate the same day.

Description of Work
I would like to add a composite fence that looks very attractive and allows my dog to have a nice place to run around in the yard.

04/23/2020

Mike T.

He provided an assessment and was responsive. I also talked with him about additional work.

Description of Work
Shingles lost during last nights storm. Need to replace.

Category home builders

We are so glad that we could get you taken care of quickly and efficiently! It was our pleasure! We hope to earn your business in the future. & we hope that you call us for any other future projects that you are looking into.

03/26/2020

Lloyd & Pamela M.

Their advertisement was not true. It said remodels starting at $4999.00 including materials. I did not even need a full remodel and they gave an estimate that was over $8000.00 It was a bait and switch tactic and I will not call them again.

Description of Work
They gave an estimate to remodel the bathroom.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

[Member Information Removed] information you are stating is an opinion, & is not an accurate statement. We have flyers, & advertisements that state our remodels start as low as $4999.00 which is true, that is [Member Information Removed] price point that they start at, you reached out to our company for an accurate assessment of work that you wanted to have performed on your home, we are a professional contracting company, so we sent one of our project managers to access this work for you, at absolutely ZERO cost to you. They came out & took their time to look at, and access what you wanted to have done, & write you up a FREE, NO OBLIGATION, Estimate. Although you were not happy with [Member Information Removed] cost you received, Is it really fair of you to give our company this rating? Due to [Member Information Removed] fact that you did not like [Member Information Removed] price you were given, and that is all? Did you not get quick & speedy customer service, when we got you scheduled for your FREE, NO OBLIGATION Estimate. Did our customer service representative not do their job, when setting up [Member Information Removed] appointment for you? Did our Project Manager not show up to said FREE, NO OBLIGATION Estimate, and treat you with kindness & respect, when going over what you were looking to have done? Did he not still write up and provide you with a FREE, NO OBLIGATION Estimate? Although our price did not match your budget as you had stated to [Member Information Removed] Project Manager that met with you, he still listened, & did his job to [Member Information Removed] best of his ability, so if you cannot see how this review is completely unfair, based on [Member Information Removed] fact that you were solely not happy with [Member Information Removed] price you were given, than I do not know what else I can say. You have every right to have an opinion, but to tarnish our company with a bad review, due to a price objection, is just unfair to [Member Information Removed] business and all of [Member Information Removed] other people who worked so hard to get you on [Member Information Removed] schedule & come out & provide you with a quote. I hope that you did find a company in your price range. I also hope that you consider updating your review, to something more fair! Thank you!

03/02/2020

Robert F.

Dan lined up a prompt appointment, provided thoughtful advice, and the crew arrived and completed task on time. Highly satisfied with the hole process.

Description of Work
Wood and concrete floor removed, replaced with plank flooring

Category flooring contractor

02/01/2020

janys L.

Beltway Builders sent out folks from Arctic Plumbing. We had a 2-nd floor leak that could only be accessed by opening up our 1-st floor ceiling. Mike and his assistant quickly found the leak and fixed it with minimal damage to our ceiling. Great job! They knew what they were doing.

Description of Work
Fix a leak

Category plumbing

Ms [Member Name Removed], We appreciate you taking the time to write us a review and we are so happy to hear that you had a pleasant experience. We look forward to working with you on any future projects you may have! Amy E

10/07/2019

Barbara C.

Steve did an excellent job and was very courteous and professional.

Description of Work
Gutter inspection and cleaning.

Category countertops, gutter cleaning

10/02/2019

David M.

My elderly cousin had a pipe burst in the floor of her second story bathroom that resulted in the extensive damage and collapse to the ceiling and walls at the entryway of her home. Once the plumbing problem was repaired and the area was sufficiently dried, we contacted Beltway Builders to complete the repairs. We are very much impressed with how quickly Project Manager, Howard Bottiger came out to write the estimate. The man is extremely knowledgeable of his trade and courteous to my elderly cousin. She can be “a little” demanding at times. Howard realized that trait in her and simply rolled with comments. He provided us with the time-frame of three to four weeks to begin the repairs to allow enough time for the area to completely dry. It dried much faster that expected, so he started the work two weeks after the estimate was written. The crews that came out were nothing short of outstanding. The painters came in to begin painting the hallway and stairs. They covered the hardwood floor with plastic to ensure no additional mess was created. When they finished, they cleaned the entire area as well as the porch outside. The plaster crew came in to repair the damaged walls and ceiling. These guys are true experts in their craft. You cannot see any seams or depressions where the original plaster ends and the repairs begin. Just as the painters, they completely cleaned up the entire area and the porch. The painting skills and plaster work is second to none. One last thing that impressed my cousin about both crews, they were extremely quiet. They never had a radio playing. When the spoke among themselves, there was no loud speaking or yelling. I short, I highly recommend Beltway Builders to anyone for any kind of home repairs you may be needing.

Description of Work
Repair plaster on walls and ceiling in hallway and closet after a pipe burst.

Category closet systems, countertops, drywall, interior painters

[Member Name Removed], We are so happy to hear you are pleased with our service! We appreciate you taking the time to write us a review & we hope you reach out to us for any of your future home improvement needs. Amy E

09/07/2019

Marquis P.

I want to be as fair as possible but also acknowledge how out of alignment the pricing was. Everyone I dealt with was professional and the project manager showed up on time. He looked at the issue (10 inch by 10 inch drywall hole that needed to be repaired) and said he would send an estimate. Sounds great. Then the estimate arrived. $1250 to repair the drywall and spackle. If I wanted to provide paint and have them sand, finish and paint, it would be another $1,200, for a total of $2,450. When I first moved into my home, I had several electrical jobs done that required cutting into the ceiling and repairing the drywall afterwards. This is a $300 job at max. I also had the entire interior of the house painted (several paint choices and patterns) for just under $2k. I’m sure these guys do great work but come on, this is just ridiculous. Maybe the job was too small for them and that’s why it was priced so outrageously- elimination via absurdity. Obviously I am passing on them, but also want other potential customers to go into this with your eyes, and apparently your wallets, wide open.

Description of Work
I had a plumbing issue fixed that required cutting into the 2nd floor bathroom ceiling. The hole was approximately 10 x 10 inches and I needed new drywall installed, spackled and sanded.

Category drywall

Thank you for your review. We provided you an estimate for the work requested. The quoted price was within the pricing guidelines for Beltway Builders.

07/22/2019

Stacey F.

They showed up on time and completed the work in a reasonable amount of time. Courteous and professional and a good price.

Description of Work
Gutter cleaning and power washing

Category decks, gutter repair

[Member Name Removed] thank you for your response. Happy to hear you were pleased. Julie B

07/22/2019

BERNADETTE M.

According to the manger of the property. the work was professionally performed at an excellent price.

Description of Work
gutter clening and power washing town house locate in UPPER MARYLAND

Category gutter cleaning, pressure washing

Thank you for your response. Happy to hear you were pleased with your services. Julie B

William G.

It went very well. The guys who did the work did a really good job and did it relatively quickly. He cleaned up after himself very well.

Description of Work
They replaced an interior fire door between the garage and the house.

Category remodeling

Thank you so much for your review! We hope you reach out to us the next time you are in need of home improvement!

Doric M.

The company is great. A little higher on the price for my liking but I was unable to compare prices with another company. They're very professional and we really liked the job.

Description of Work
They installed gutter protectors and repaired chimney cracks.

Category gutter repair, chimney repair

[Member Name Removed], thank you so much for your review! We hope you reach out to us the next time you are in need of home improvement!

Karen J.

Absolutely great. They're outstanding and professional. The painter came out, painted, and cleaned up. I would contact them again.

Description of Work
I had the living room painted located in the basement.

Category interior painters

Brother's Waterproofing, LLC

Here at Brothers Waterproofing, we provide foundation services such as waterproofing, structural repair, crawlspace encapsulation, piers, sump pump replacement, sub floor drain system, concrete work, and air ventilation systems. Founder John Enciu, has been in the industry for over 15 years. He has put together a team with over 50+ years of combined experience, that can strategically and effectively protect your BIGGEST investment, YOUR HOME. We offer FREE ESTIMATES, FHA/VA Certifications, and a NO PRESSURE approach! A TRANSFERABLE OWNERSHIP WARRANTY and a NO QUESTIONS ASKED service policy. We are committed to EXCELLENCE and HONESTY! CALL US NOW and see how we can help you. (888)362-4884

Budget Waterproofing Inc

Budget Waterproofing has more than 55 years of experience in servicing commercial and residential customers throughout Maryland. Our Maryland waterproofing services range from foundation crack repair to sump pump installation and crawlspace encapsulation. If you have moisture, humidity or mold problems in your basement, Budget Waterproofing is your solution. We have proven over the years that our waterproofing methods not only look good and do the job, but also last. Our technicians are well-trained and instructed to respect your home and make sure you are happy with their job. As one of the leading basement waterproofing companies in Maryland, we are confident that you will will be satisfied with our level of quality. Enjoy competitive pricing and state-of-the-art waterproofing – hundreds of satisfied homeowners already are!

Offers by Budget Waterproofing Inc on Angi
    Worldwide Waterproofing & Foundation Repair

Worldwide Waterproofing & Foundation Repair is a woman and family-owned/operated business leading the basement waterproofing industry for the Baltimore/Washington Metropolitan area. Our company has over 25 years experience producing satisfied customers. For more information, you can review our other websites at www.marylandegress.com Financing available. About Us Worldwide Waterproofing and Foundation Repair Inc. provides waterproofing, egress windows, foundation repairs, and mold remediation services to the Pasadena, MD area. Serving Maryland, Washington, D.C., and Northern Virginia. Basement waterproofing Downspout drainage Egress window Epoxy injections Foundation repairs Grading Mold remediation Mold removal Sump pump installation Yard drainage

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Financing Available