Arp Contracting

Founded 2004 • With Angi since April 2012

We are a full service lawn care company, From Weeky accounts to bi weekly , WE ARE STILL TAKING CUSTOMERS FOR WEEKLY AND BI-WEEKLY .. mulch , topsoil ect.. Also now offering delivery of Mulch , Topsoil, Stone ect Please call for more info

A Service Provider's profile imageA Service Provider's profile imageWall and Sod

lawn care (91)lawn & landscaping (35)lawn treatment (32)mulch delivering (16)leaf removal (6)tree service (3)hauling (3)hardscaping (2)handyman (2)snow removal (1)

09/23/2020

renee B.

I received a very quick response from Adam. Good service, good communication. Quick response was really appreciated. Good work.

Description of Work
Lawn maintenance

Work Completed On 09/08/2020

03/05/2020

Kyle S.

ARP contracting was first hired by my wife and I for a fall leaf removal. After seeing the type of work they do we decided to hire them for the rest of the things we needed done. They came in and laid sod throughout the whole back yard and mulched all the gardens around the house. Estimates were fair, the team was always on time, and it seemed the guys really cared about the work they did.

Description of Work
Pretty much everything on the property needed to be done

Work Completed On 03/05/2020

03/04/2020

Jeff V.

Excellent and very responsive. I would rate their snow removal too but we haven't had any snow!LOL!

Description of Work
Bi Weekly lawn mowing

Work Completed On 03/04/2020

09/20/2017

kenye W.

The owner is responsive and professional, his team was punctual and pleasant, not all expectations were met. The project ran longer than than he estimated and despite me paying the amount agreed on the work was 80% completed. I would use the contractor again but only if he directly supervised his team, they continually misunderstood what task was to be done and up to me to oversee them.

Description of Work
Extensive yard work, haul away of debris, trimming, some mulching, weeding

Work Completed On 09/16/2017

08/04/2017

Fawne N.

Adam was prompt, professional, and proficient and I am absolutely pleased with the outcome. I will definitely use him again and I highly recommend him for all of your lawn care needs!

Description of Work
I needed lawn work done on very short notice and on the same day that I contacted him, Adam went by my house to assess the lawn and he rendered services two days later.

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch

Work Completed On 07/27/2017

07/15/2017

Susan E.

Adam was great to work with. He arrived on time for our initial appointment, looked at my plans and made some good recommendations. He was able to come several days earlier than originally planned which I appreciated. They worked hard and did a fabulous job. I couldn't be more pleased!

Description of Work
Adam and his team removed all the old shrubs and brick pavers. Then they planted the new bushes and plants that I had purchased. They put a deep edge around the new bed and added a thick layer of black mulch. Also, they put new concrete under the front walk where the old concrete had washed out. The front of my townhouse is receiving many compliments from my neighbors!

Category landscaping

Work Completed On 07/12/2017

06/19/2017

Carolyn S.

Work has been done well and reliably.

Description of Work
Spring yard cleanup and regular mowing

Work Completed On 06/19/2017

06/15/2017

Peter F.

Really excellent communication, which is so refreshing. You can text Adam and literally have a response, almost immediately. It's so hard to get a human in customer service, so I really value that. We have never had any major issues, but when an area near our mailbox was missed, he addressed the concern right away. Everyone makes mistakes, so for me the mark of a good service provider is to acknowledge and work quickly to correct. He did. Price was roughly the same as other mowing service costs in our area. We are out of his service area now but we would recommend.

Description of Work
Weekly lawn mowing and trimming.

04/07/2017

Mark W.

Adam and his team are thorough in their work, make useful suggestions on improving the appearance of the yard and landscaping, and are competitively priced.

Description of Work
Landscaping.

Category landscaping

Work Completed On 04/04/2017

04/04/2017

Ivan B.

ARP did a great job removing weeds and unwanted bushes and a general spring clean up. They came at the planned time and didn't leave a mess. Money well spent.

Description of Work
Took out some bushes and turned my garden.

Work Completed On 04/05/2016

08/05/2016

Tyson S.

I contacted Adam via Angies List text and he responding promptly and set up a time for an estimate. Adam showed up on time and was very knowledgeable. I had two very large garden beds in the front yard that were extremely overgrown with weeds as well as 5 beds in the backyard. He gave me a quote which was very reasonable based on what he saw and he then told me he would contact me later to schedule. Because he had a job reschedule he was able to get my yard looking great within a couple of days. The yard looks great and he and his team did a fantastic job!

Description of Work
Yard cleanup and mulch

Work Completed On 08/04/2016

07/08/2016

Laima F.

They did come out and gave us an estimate that night. I e-mailed them and after a few days I told them to please schedule the job. I did not hear from them so I contacted them again and they said they were busy and it would probably be the following week. I have not heard anything from them in 2 weeks.

Description of Work
Trim approx. 25 bushes and remove some brush.

Work Completed On 06/24/2016

we did go out within a hour of be called for the estimate. talked to client and did explain we were busy do to the weather. We did say we would try to come out the following week but we would contact before coming. afternoon storms and rain has shifted our schedule around tremendously.

05/28/2016

Tom H.

Provider was on time, polite, and efficient. ?Gave me good advice about where to place mulch. ?The mulch was good quality as well.

Description of Work
Mulch delivery and spreading

Category mulch

Work Completed On 05/26/2016

04/04/2016

Janet G.

Polite, punctual and perfect work.

Description of Work
Delivered 3 yards of mulch and installed in flower beds. He also relined my bed with bricks that had sunk down into ground! Looks great!

Category mulch

Work Completed On 04/04/2016

03/15/2016

adriana P.

Excellent job: they worked neatly and carefully. The yard looks amazing.

Description of Work
Removed leaves, edged and mulched front yard with three yards of mulch

Work Completed On 03/15/2016

01/28/2016

Matthew T.

ARP was great, very punctual and upfront. I needed to clear approximately 500 ft of snow and he was able to knock it very quickly and exceeded my needs.

Description of Work
Snow Removal

Category lawn service, snow removal

Work Completed On 01/26/2016

12/09/2015

Gary H.

We had told them we wanted to be here when they arrived but they showed up when we weren't here. They did a good job though.

Description of Work
Lawn aeration

Work Completed On 03/10/2015

12/08/2015

MECHELLE K.

Overall I was pleased with service. Aeration machinery left patches of disturbed soil/grass- I think lawn was too wet for service but that was assessed after the fact. Also, machinery left walkways dirty with dirt plugs for equipment. Again, more due to conditions I guess.

Description of Work
I had difficulty coordinating with the provider but in the end was able to schedule service. Staff was prompt and courteous.

Work Completed On 11/23/2015

Emailed client on personal email like she requested. Never got a response more then willing to provided service that was purchased. I actually drove to property to observe other work she wanted a price for.

10/22/2015

Carolyn G.

The company sent out a crew of 2, 1 working foreman and 1 helper. They were very professional and did a great job edging and mulching the beds. The areas they worked on were beautifully done. Cleanup was great the yard front, side and back looked really nice. They did everything I asked and will have them back this spring.

Description of Work
The service was put off for a time which I was fine with doing. When we got it scheduled I added additional mulch and other services.

Work Completed On 06/01/2015

Unfortunately we called the supplied telephone number multiple times. Spoke to client orginally about job and we where in the middle of a 3 week long project . Called after but no call back. Havent heard from client since then.

10/14/2015

Lori B.

I paid for 4 hours of work. He said that he could bring twice the # of guys and do the same amount of work in 2 hours. I reluctantly agreed to this. I wanted him to take some twigs from the rose of sharon grove that the renter had put there, against my wishes. Adam said he would shave off 1/2 an hour of the two hours, so he would have time to take the twigs to the dump, but then he left them, and still left a half hour early! I was in the house when the work was done, and he did not have the decency to call me and let me know he was leaving ,or anything. My yard was an absolute mess, and I needed and still need a lot of help with it. I felt like he considered my job small time, and just wanted to rush through it, to get to a more expensive job later in his day. He even implied as much, and said he was leaving Angie's List probably, because customers on here expect immediate service after they pay for a job. He was not customer-service oriented enough for me, and acted like he was doing me a favor. Favors are free. If I am paying you, I expect you to do what I asked you to do, how I asked you to do it. Not pretty much tell me he does not need the extra business, like Angie's List customers are more a thorn in his side, than anything. He had a paternalistic attitude, like he was going to tell me what to do with my yard, instead of the other way around. I could tell that he was very knowledgeable about plants and landscaping. Because of that, I tried to reach out to him to plant some trees in my yard, and cut some branches for me a few weeks later. No response. Needless to say, I would not recommend him to anybody.

Description of Work
Cleaned out the flower beds in the back yard and front yard. 1 yard of mulch.

Work Completed On 08/07/2015

Once the package was purchased i contacted the member to set up service but was very difficult to get a hold of her. She wanted the work done on Saturdays or very early in the am. We where able to come out early in the am of a weekday to do the job. Upon getting there i went out to see the project as i do for all jobs and discussed what could be done in the time that was purchased The package was for 8 hours of labor so bring 4 guys for 2 hours would be a total of 8 hours not sure why the client was reluctant to allow this.The beds where not even noticeable and we could not even see if there was plants in the beds. I explained that we could make it to a certain point or maybe a little farther depending on how bad the weeds where to remove . She also purchased 1 yard of mulch to be installed as well. She asked if we could lay some weed block down in the area we install the mulch . Which i did for no extra cost. I explained that the area we clean will be greater then the mulch she had purchased. I showed up with me and 3 other guys to do her project. She was there 99% of the time with us . We cleaned all the beds and installed the mulch also trimmed a Groove for her and also removed 1/2 trailer of debris that we discussed up front about leaving 1/2 hour early to offset the cost of the removal of the debris. While we where there she was very happy about the work told me she was happy it was cleaned up and asked me many questions about other stuff she wanted done.When i left the home i said goodbye and she walked in the front the door . And if the yard was a mess why would she not make comment about it ? I also explained to her that when purchasing a package that members often think or assume that the work will be done the day after the purchases and that with the backlog of work around 1.5 to 2 weeks that was not realistic to have done. We area a multi year Super Service awards winner with out the clients we would not be able to obtain that so the feeling that a ( Thorn in the side) would not be in our vocabulary . And yes as a highly rated company on Angies List we are in high demand we arrive at your home do out job to your satisfaction and move to the next job we are not in a rush but we do not drag or feet while doing the job. We take our "A" rating very serious and if there was a issue we would have been more then happy to take care of the issues if there was any.

10/05/2015

Lois N.

I was not actually present for the service, but they were very prompt with emails and phone calls to schedule a time when the ground was ready. I mistakenly had the wrong address listed and did not realize this until they had already aerated and seeded my parents' front yard. They still came and did mine despite the mess up being my fault. They were very professional to work with. I would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
Aeration and seeding

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment

Work Completed On 10/05/2015

09/05/2015

Bill S.

Very slow response. Instructions were to clean yard in time purchased and to use best judgement as to what to do with the time. Yard cleanup was not done well, for instance, many leaves and branches left in lawn. It was better than when the company came, but all in all, not much attention to detail. In the company's defense, the yard was a pretty big mess and because of this I did not expect perfection Even so, the things that were done were done in a sloppy manner, and the priority given to the project seemed very low.

Description of Work
Yard cleanup