Rod Miller Heating and Air Conditioning Company

Founded 1962 • With Angi since June 2007

Call us (301) 587-1517. At Rod Miller Heating and Air Conditioning Company, we offer heating, ventilating and air conditioning installation and maintenance to help you create and maintain a healthy indoor climate in your home or business. We've proudly been providing service to Maryland and

4.4

HVAC Companies (150)electrician (6)dryer vent cleaning (2)well & water pump repair (2)water heaters (2)air duct cleaning (1)

11/12/2019

Michael L.

They are very good and they did an outstanding service.

Description of Work
They did an AC and heating maintenance.

Work Completed On 03/12/2019

07/20/2019

Chris J.

We got about a half dozen quotes for supplemental AC from different providers. Don from Rod Miller came a couple of times to assess the situation, and recommended the combination of a mini split and a traditional unit. This cost a bit more than other options, but is now working great, and I am convinced was the better solution for our house than what others had recommended. (The previous AC installers for our main AC gave us the WRONG solution), The installation team was professional and efficient. Professional shop, know their stuff. Would recommend.

Description of Work
Air conditioning - install supplemental systems

Work Completed On 05/15/2019

06/19/2019

Lisa C.

Thy have done excellent work and are always prompt. Even their prices are reasonable and I would highly recommend them as well.

Description of Work
They have installed HVAC systems on 4 different homes and have serviced them as well.

Work Completed On 06/05/2019

07/10/2018

CHARLES S.

The technician was prompt and courteous, and it turned out to be an easy fix. However, for a simple diagnosis and change of the fist-sized battery (approximately 10 minutes) the charge was $207: $117 for the parts and $90 for labor. Seems like a lot but of course tough to know for a non-expert.

Description of Work
One of our air conditioner handlers was not working. I knew it was the motor or battery/blower cap.

Work Completed On 07/10/2018

01/03/2018

Arnold L.

Great, on time and quality service provided

Description of Work
Maintenance

Work Completed On 11/10/2017

12/18/2017

Patricia A.

So totally professional, the guy knocked my socks off, so I was convinced to pony up for a new thermostat and annual service contract.

Description of Work
16-point furnace check, repair of small part, replace thermostat, bought a 1-yr service contract

Work Completed On 11/02/2017

11/09/2017

Stephanie B.

Just had two very nice technicians from Rod Miller come to my house today and clean the dryer vent in my basement. They were very knowledgeable, and knew how to handle the flex duct connection. When they were done, the connection to the outside looked better than ever. They were neat and polite, and I was very pleased they were chosen for my small job. Thanks!!

Description of Work
Cleaning the duct exhaust for my dryer in the basement.

Category dryer vent cleaning

Work Completed On 11/09/2017

09/11/2017

Kie K.

Air conditioning unit repair service was done two weeks ago. Performed work in 10 minutes and was charged $475. After researching the parts they used on Amazon, the two parts needed for the service was less than $15. Is the labor $460 for 10 minutes of service? Or they over charge parts 10-20 times? I emailed to get an explanation for this but no response for two weeks. I feel completely ripped off, and dissatisfied with their unresponsiveness. I purchased a $200 maintenance package through Angie's List, and that was a waste of money. I just hope that my neighbors don't waste their money and don't end up with this awful feeling.

Description of Work
HVAC repair

Work Completed On 08/30/2017

08/09/2017

Belle S.

I've been with them now for several years. I would use them again.

Description of Work
Maintenance Contract Visit

Work Completed On 05/01/2017

07/03/2017

Arnold L.

The representative was prompt and efficient

Description of Work
Regular AC checkup and maintenance

Work Completed On 06/20/2017

05/09/2017

Michael M.

Rod Miller serviced my HVAC over the course of 2-3 years for yearly tune-ups. I attempted to schedule my spring tune-up over the course of 6 weeks with multiple attempted emails, and multiple voicemails. After 3-4 weeks of attempts, someone returned my phone call and left a short message. I followed up multiple times, and never received a call back. The work was performed during the 3 or 4 visits was fine. However, the terrible customer service (inability to return emails and VMs) has caused me to switch providers.

Description of Work
HVAC tune-up

Work Completed On 05/09/2017

04/28/2017

Mohammad K.

They were like way over on like on what I anticipated it would cost, for like the same exact thing, basically. I didn't feel like they were being honest. Based on like the other people I received for like pretty much the same work, they were charging, it was like double amount. I would give them an A for responsiveness, and they were on time. I was put off just by like the estimate that I had received, just based on some other proposals.

Description of Work
This was for a free estimate on installation of an AC unit.

04/11/2017

Marianne K.

Good service and they fixed the problem. Overall it was a good experience.

Description of Work
They repaired my HVAC.

Work Completed On 10/15/2016

03/28/2017

Mark D.

It took Rod Miller Inc. 14 service calls over a period of eight months to determine that a leak existed in the vapor refrigerant line. During this time I had unreliable to nonexistent heat and air. Grossly incompetent and dishonest.

Description of Work
Installation of heating and air conditioning system(HVAC)

Work Completed On 03/28/2017

02/13/2017

Joseph R S.

Initially submitted my date/time slot preferences during the purchase process but ultimately had to call to set up the appointment. Called on a Thursday and had an appointment scheduled for the following Monday 8-12 timeslot. Sack called when he was 20 minutes out at 830 and arrived as promised at 850. Performed the tune-up and bled the radiators on the top-level of the house and took the time to explain yearly maintenance activities and what I can do myself. Very professional and courteous. Would recommend.

Description of Work
Purchased the $105 Boiler/Furnace tune-up (Angie's List Deal).

Work Completed On 02/13/2017

02/08/2017

CHARLES S.

Service provider was very personable and professional.

Description of Work
Boiler inspection Checked conditions and operations of all major heating components. Bad fill vavle or clog inlet pipe. Back feed boiler to increase pressure to top floor radiator.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

Work Completed On 12/30/2016

01/21/2017

jo C.

We have a regular maintenance contract with them. They were knowledgeable and professional. We have used them for years and we will continue to use them.

Description of Work
Rod Miller Heating and Air Conditioner gave us an estimate to replace a pump on a boiler.

Work Completed On 01/19/2017

12/29/2016

Kim L.

He's on time and he's pretty much 24/7. He doesn't even have like a weekend charge.

Description of Work
My heat went out.

Work Completed On 06/29/2012

12/12/2016

Ryan N.

Great company; found this company after another company quoted $800 for this service. They replaced my electric gas value that was under warranty; took them about 30 mins to complete the task and my heater started working right away. Did this for a reasonable fee of $115. Would certainly recommend as all stages were very professional and for a great price.

Description of Work
Ac/heater gas value replacement

Work Completed On 11/30/2016

11/17/2016

Nancy B.

It worked out extremely well. Excellent service and excellent work. The workers were very professional. What stuck out to me the most was just the fact that they repaired the thermostat and they didn?t charge me any extra.

Description of Work
They checked the heating system and repaired the thermostat.

Work Completed On 10/27/2016

11/14/2016

Matthew H.

The tech was helpful and responsive, looked at everything thoroughly and told me what to look for. I wish scheduling could be a little more automated.

Description of Work
HVAC service contract for general maintenance

Work Completed On 11/14/2016

10/20/2016

Christina H.

Salesperson said they didn't have time to schedule an estimate. They are "too busy".

Description of Work
I needed to schedule an estimate for AC repair.