We accept remote payment

Reliable Home Services Inc

Founded 1992 • With Angi since August 2006

PO Box 5159

Gaithersburg, MD 20882

RHS has been providing home inspections, building consulting services and environmental testing since 1992. We offer Residential Home Inspections, Cursory Home Inspections, New Construction Inspections, Pre-Drywall Inspections, Pre-Sale Inspections, Commercial Inspections, Radon/Mold/Asbestos/Air Quality/VOC Testing, Thermal Imaging, Construction/Rehab Consulting, Free Phone Consultations and Free Price Quotes. We are a motivated group of successful home inspection professionals who are dedicated to putting the DC metro area's client's needs first. We provide a comprehensive examination and the expert information you need to thoroughly understand the importance of your real estate decisions. Using the most cutting edge technology and invoking in constant education and training, Reliable Home Services' inspectors are always prepared and ahead of the market. These efforts have paid off because we are among the top home inspection firms in the area and we are an award winning company! Our inspectors are full-time, ASHI certified, experienced professionals. When you choose an ASHI inspector, you will be working with a professional home inspector who has passed the most rigorous technical examinations in effect today, including inspectors who are required to perform more than 250 professional inspections before they are even allowed to call themselves ”certified”. David Goldberg has over 30yrs experience as a certified ASHI home inspector. He is President of the MD ASHI chapter, Mac-ASHI, and instrumental in orchestrating education and technical seminars twice per year for ASHI inspectors. Our inspectors are licensed, college graduates with construction experience and trained by the National Institutes of Building Inspectors. We are licensed in MD and VA and insured. We offer a full-service office staff to meet your immediate needs. We work for you and no one else! Call us today to schedule your home inspection...

03/29/2022

Phil G.

Dave Goldberg at RHS conducted our home inspection on March 25, 2022 and was a total professional. He made us feel very at ease throughout the inspection and provided not just in-depth and expert knowledge about all areas of our prospective home, but offered important advice for how to maintain the home and make improvements. He was very straightforward and upfront about what he could and could not a**** as well as how serious certain findings were - and bow they might be addressed (either by us or the seller). Dave provided a very thorough and clear report. Most importantly, Dave told us we could call him or email him anytime with questions we had. Overall, our experience was excellent and we'd definitely refer Dave to anyone in need of a home inspection prior to purchase.

Description of Work
Home inspection

Category decks,electrician,home inspection,radon testing,replacement windows,basement waterproofing,doors

01/18/2020

D K.

Absolutely wonderful. Dave Goldberg is the consummate professional. He spent about two and a half hours going over the outside and inside of my home. Throughout he carefully explained everything he was noting -- good or bad -- which helped me look at my place from a structural perspective. He made detailed notes and took photos, so that the final inspection report was very comprehensive. I highly recommend him!

Description of Work
inspect a house I was planning to purchase

07/28/2019

Jinghua W.

David is great! He inspected the house thoroughly and provided us with his helpful insights which definitely helped us make the right decision. He is very experienced, knowledgeable, and patient. His report is detailed and has the right photos to support his findings.

Description of Work
Home inspection

02/12/2019

Jaymin P.

David is a true professional and thorough home inspector. He has conducted two inspections for us and on both occasions, he took the time to explain every potential issue, how it might get worse and how to fix it. He was punctual- arriving before the scheduled time so he could spend extra time on the exterior of the house. He also spent hours inspecting each house's interior, without rushing through the process. His reports were delivered quickly as to keep the closing process moving along. We will continue to use RHS and David and highly recommend their services.

Description of Work
Home Inspection

07/28/2018

Stanley H.

Awesome! Before we arrived and before we entered the house the inspector had already prepared to give us details on the outside of the home

Description of Work
Home inspection

Category decks,electrician,home inspection,radon testing,fireplaces,doors

07/08/2018

Jeremy M.

When you buy a house you're always worried about what could be wrong. We are buying a "fixer-upper" so we were very concerned. David was fantastic! He went through everything explaining what needed to be done immediately, what could wait, how serious something was, etc. He also is very knowledgeable regarding general ballpark pricing and what things could be improved, but aren't part of the general inspection. If you need an inspector, David is your guy. He got the report to us fast and would follow-up when needed. Thank you David!

Description of Work
Inspection of a fixer-upper

07/01/2018

Ethan K.

Mr. Goldberg provided excellent service. He arrived early, took the time to examine the house carefully, answered my questions clearly and patiently, and made himself available after the inspection to answer follow-up questions about maintaining the house. He was friendly and easy to work with. I have lived in the house for about a month, and there are no indications that he missed any significant flaws.

Description of Work
Pre-sale home inspection

04/14/2016

Yishen S.

This is our second time hiring a home inspector for a single family house purchase, so we already have some idea of what to expect and what to look for. Amazingly, David still impressed us with his thoroughness and professionalism, and we learned a lot from him. He is very observing, knowledgeable, well-organized and patient with our questions. He checked safety related issues very carefully, such as outlet grounding and garage door safety protections. When testing kitchen appliances, -- which took a while to check whether everything functioned properly, -- he also spend time explaining some fancy features that we are not familiar with. He is so knowledgeable of electricity and plumbing work that he was able to point out that certain electricity job was done recently and that the house was re-plumbed in the past. While discussing with us what he found, he was very explicit about how serious the issues were, e.g., immediate attention, or sth that can wait and be grouped together with other minor repairs. We definitely recommend his service, although the service charge is above the average (that's why the rating for 'price' is 'B'). The service quality is surely above the average, too. Thus for us the money is well worth it, especially considering how big a purchase we are making.

Description of Work
home inspection of a single family house

04/01/2016

TANIA A.

RHS Inc., leads by example on what an inspection company should be. Dave, was very thorough and explained everything in detail about the house. He was very patient, oozed customer service, and was very professional each step of the way. I would definitely use Reliable Home Services Inc. again. Their cost is on the higher end but with the quality inspection you get, it is worth every penny! I feel that I am going into buying my home with open eyes with knowledge of every nook and crevice of this home and the thorough report given, I know I will be able to use it to reference back to, when needed, on future care needed for the home. Thank you so much for your five star service!!!

Description of Work
Home Inspection

11/07/2015

myron T.

David arrived on time to inspect a townhouse we are considering to purchase for our daughters family to live in. Starting at the roof and working his way to the ground floor he inspected virtually everything in every room. He pointed out things as we accompanied him and answered every question to my satisfaction. A written report was provided within 24 hours. Items were marked as OK, marginal, or deficient. It helped us negotiate a better deal with the seller. It also prepared me with an idea of what to budget over the next year or so for repairs & replacements.

Description of Work
Inspected a townhouse and provided report

10/06/2015

Maya T.

prior to the inspection, i call to find out the price for the inspection off-course we all want to get the best "deal" ,a very nice and informative lady answered all my questions since it was my first time doing/ordering an inspector to inspect a very expansive perchese like a home. she was very helpful and explan how the proses works. Dave showed up on time we went threw all the unit together step by step he was answring all my question (i had a lot of those) Dave has A LOT OF KNOWLEDGE regarding everything!!! he explain every littel detale i had a question on. the place has already been inspected in the past by another inspector for a defferent client , and the only thing the inspector said needed to be fix is the electricity box, Dave find a bunch of other stuff that the other inspector miss. Dave adress all the problems that where there but the outer inspector missed. i don't think i could have pick someone better then this guy to do the job and do it right I will defiantly use him again. save me a lot of money thank u!!!

Description of Work
inspection for a unit in building.

08/07/2015

Wayne S.

I purchased a home inspection and the experience was as expected. It was an agreeable experience. I think it was quite thorough. He was very conversational and he walked through the home with me. He was quite educational. That’s what I like. What I don’t like was he didn’t catch a few things that he was supposed to catch but those were really minor. He was a nice guy. The inspection was average. It was quite detailed. That was something I expected out of everything from the inspection I purchased. I think they’ve done a good job. It was good enough.

Description of Work
I used David of Reliable Home Services. He did a home inspection.

06/09/2015

Papu S.

Told us the good, the bad and the ugly. Very helpful to point out things we would have obviously not noticed on our own. Also as a parent, assured what could be a safety hazard for kids

Description of Work
David provided a very thorough analysis from top to bottom for a home inspection prior to our closing date

06/01/2015

Jessica B.

We felt like the inspection gave us the information we needed about the home we wanted to buy. We were able to craft a response to the seller that requested they fix five major things in the house. The inspection report was very clear, so it was hard to deny that those things needed to be fixed. We are fortunate that the seller agreed to fix them, and we can move into our new home with confidence. David came to us highly recommended by our realtor, and we would definitely recommend him to others. Thank you David!

Description of Work
The inspector carefully walked us through the home we wanted to buy and explained all the areas of potential concern. He was thorough, clear, and patient with our many questions. He followed up quickly with the written report within 12 hours. It had pictures, which I found very helpful for remembering where the issues were in the house.

05/21/2015

Kevin W.

David was great. Explained everything and was very thorough.

Description of Work
Home inspection and radon test

03/16/2015

Nathaniel G.

RHS was recommended to us by a friend and we are so glad we followed her recommendation. We are in the process of purchasing our first home, which needs a considerable amount of work, and we used RHS for our home inspection during the buying process. He arrived to the property early to walk around the house and get a sense of it's structure. When we arrived, he had already documented some notes and photos of various issues he wanted to discuss with us, which was an efficient use of time. We felt he provided a very thorough and a honest inspection and was patient with us while we asked questions. He also offered to serve as a resource to us after the inspection was completed if we had additional questions. Overall, we were pleased with our inspection experience!

Description of Work
Completed a home inspection and radon test.

03/02/2015

Megan S.

Another glowing review for David Goldberg, owner of RHS, Inc. Home Inspections. He was willing to go ahead with our time-sensitive home inspection in the middle of a snowstorm and was still extremely thorough, professional, and friendly. Mr. Goldberg really knows his stuff and was pointing out both major and minor things that we wouldn't even have known to ask about. He also returned to the property to check out the roof because it was snow-covered during the first inspection. Communication with us and our realtor was prompt and seamless. Highly recommend David Goldberg of Reliable Home Services for home inspection!

Description of Work
Full home inspection (~$560) and radon test (~$150)

01/16/2015

Robert and Jill C.

Although my needs turned out to be outside the realm of services he provides, he was extremely helpful and knowledgeable and referred me to the proper providers. He took the time to explain things and didn't rush me off the phone even when it was evident that I wasn't going to need to hire his company at this time.

Description of Work
I contacted Dave Goldberg with several questions about home inspection services.

10/21/2014

Stacey G.

I can't rave enough about my Reliable Home Services (RHS) experience. Mr. Goldberg, the owner was my inspector. Just as previous reviewers said, he was early and professional. One could tell he is an expert - and yet he explains things in a manner that anyone can understand. Without scaring me, he pointed out some serious--but fixable issues. Ones i would not have found until they became disasters. Right now the repairs i need to make will cost me a couple of thousand, vs. tens of thousands when they grew to major disasters. This experience made me realize that its a good idea to do a home "check-up" even when one isn't planning to sell. We get annual physicals, regular teeth cleanings - even tune ups for our cars so it makes sense to check in on an asset worth hundreds of thousands of dollars. HIGHLY recommend this service and HIGHLY recommend RHS!

Description of Work
Home "check-up" or inspection of my 12-year old home.

09/24/2014

julie N.

Superb, 2.5-hour, interactive house consult with thoughtful, knowledgable and very experienced professional. Best investment I have made in my home in 22 years. Helped me identify home repair and maintenance concerns, evaluate each and even rank urgency and estimate ballpark costs. Sold me nothing. Validated some of my emerging decisions and helped me dodge bad mistakes! Best of all, didn't shame or scold or lecture me about my home caretaking patterns (AKA neglect). Gave me a lot of confidence to move forward with some needed investments.

Description of Work
Home inspection.

07/15/2014

JESSICA N.

Dave has inspected two properties for us now. He arrived early and inspected the roof before I arrived on both houses. He was extremely thorough, taking lots of pictures and checking everything. His reports have been available within one day and were very easy to understand and included photos, notes and what he thought we should budget to replace in the near future. Both inspections lasted almost 3 hours and uncovered enough major work that we backed out of the first one and are asking the sellers to complete the work on the second house he inspected, which we are now in contract to buy. The radon inspection took an extra day or two for results and cost about $125 I think Overall, Dave has been easy to get a hold of and easy to work with. He will give you his opinion or advice when you aren't sure what to do next. His experience in home-buying and contracting is very useful and he gave us many knowledgeable recommendations and even some price quotes which turned out to be accurate. It feels like having your "Uncle Dave" inspect the house! We'll definitely recommend him to friends and we'd gladly work with him again in the future.

Description of Work
Home inspection and radon inspection

07/03/2014

Hao K.

It was worth every penny, and more. For a 9:30AM appointment, even though my wife and I got there early at 9:15AM, David had already started the inspection at the backyard by the time we were there. That's always a good sign. Throughout the whole process, he was extremely thorough; and I can't stress enough of how comforting it had made us. From the littlest things like the brick in the front door that had a dent, to water volume of two bathrooms when they were running at the same time, to checking every corner of the roof, to noting on different tips to maintain the house, to sharing his educated guess and suggesting a follow up question with the seller on the backup water pumps he saw in the crawl space, and to listening to us with no judgement even when some of the questions we asked were likely naive and ignorant (as we're first time home buyer). Even down to the way he communicates and ensures that the report is delivered only to the parties we want to have it delivered and when. We were blown away by how much time he was willing to take and yet how reassuring and easy it felt for us on our end. I could say a lot more but I think the overwhelming responses David has gotten throughout the years have already proven how much his customers appreciated his service. Oh, yes he certainly doesn't charge the cheapest price. But the way we see it he's already saved us money in the long run with all those notes we got from his report and the conversations, and the tips we got from him. If he were to charge based on the value he provided us, then, in my humble opinion, he should be charging more than what he charged us. To conclude, I wish I could say something negative to make this more balanced. But, I couldn't find any. So, there.

Description of Work
The provider provided a home inspection service for a property we ended up purchasing.

06/04/2014

Kathleen K.

RHS was wonderful during our home inspection. We learned so much about our house, pointers on taking care of it, and a detailed list of major and minor problems with the house (including photos!). Our family is out-of-state and we were purchasing our first house without their help or experience, so we were very apprehensive about making the right choice. They were blown away with our detailed home inspection report and remarked that that had wished their home inspectors (in Ohio and Florida) had been as thorough as RHS! Without a doubt we would contact RHS again and have recommended RHS to friends already. Couldn't have been happier.

Description of Work
Home inspection for SFH after offer on house

05/19/2014

JEAN K.

David was punctual, courteous, and professional. He did a thorough job with the home inspection on an older home that my parents are considering purchasing. They wanted to know everything about the condition, and they got exactly that. David preferred that he be accompanied so that he could explain all the details. He didn't just do an inspection and provide a report. He explained with care, so that my parents would be clear on the issues. Now we have the information we need to make our decision. The price was also competive and very fair. Thank you David.

Description of Work
Provided a home inspection prior to our making the buying decision.

05/10/2014

Felicia S.

Dave inspected an older home and knew what was normal and what was not. He was explained things in a clear manner and pays great attention to detail. Doesn't aim to scare you but wants you to know what you are getting into. I've used him before and will use him again if the opportunity presents itself.

Description of Work
provide home inspection

Hamilton’s Unlimited, LLC.

COVID-19 UPDATE! Remember we Guarantee 100% satisfaction! Text or call 240-674-0021 During this time of much uncertainty in our community & Nation, we remain dedicated to the safety and needs of our community. Hamilton’s offers sanitizing services for your home, offices, and workplace using thermal and ULV / Non-thermal aerosol applicator machines. This makes it possible for every nook and cranny to be disinfected and sanitized in your home or workplace. The products and processes that Hamilton's uses are a broad-spectrum of disinfectants that kills 99.9% of germs, disease, and odor-causing organisms on all surfaces. Our products are EPA registered and CDC approved to provide up to six months of continuous residual effectiveness to support a safe environment for your home or workplace. Check out our website and follow Hamilton’s Unlimited LLC. on Facebook for up to date info and lighthearted humor. Respectfully, Kevin Hamilton Owner/CEO Hamilton’s Unlimited LLC. Text or call 240-674-0021 Hamilton's Unlimited, LLC. is an IICRC Certified, family owned and operated business. Specializing in Carpet Cleaning & Flood Water restoration. We have at any given time 1-5 employee's 3 truck mount carpet cleaning machines and many portable carpet cleaning capabilities for unreachable areas or buildings. Employees are FBI background checked. Any work performed by or subcontracted through Hamilton's is backed by Hamilton's 100% satisfaction guarantee. Unlike most of our competitors we offer dry or steam cleaning options. We offer repeat customer discounts as well price matching. Like our Facebook page for discounts, coupons and free scotch guarding promotions! Free no hassle estimates.

RestoreUnow

WATER, FIRE & MOLD Damage Restoration & Clean-up Services! When disaster strikes your home or business, you need an experienced professional company to restore your property back to pre-loss condition. We offer immediate disaster response and can work with your insurance company. Having a disaster happen can be a traumatic time in your life and we understand every aspect of this. Our goal is to not only restore your home or business properly but to also ease your mind. From the initial phone call until after we've completed the work, we promise you'll be completely satisfied. We urge you to take a few moments to read our reviews, learn about our services, and contact us with any questions you may have.

Drainage and Erosion Solutions

Drainage & Erosion Solutions (DES) is an award-winning company that provides assessment and repair of all drainage and erosion problems for residential and commercial properties. We are a design-build firm, with both engineering and contracting divisions; offering aesthetically pleasing and professionally engineered solutions to drainage and erosion problems. Our team members are year-round, full-time employees with a strong reputation for technical knowledge, attention to detail, great customer service and general excellence. All DES consultations, assessments, and installations are performed by a licensed professional soils engineer, or landscape and drainage systems designer. These professionals have several decades of combined design and contracting experience. Clients like working with us - much of our business comes from referrals and from our top rankings among the most popular contractor ratings services .

Maryland
    02/28/2023
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, PayPal

RHS has been providing home inspections, building consulting services and environmental testing since 1992. We offer Residential Home Inspections, Cursory (Walk and Talk) Home Inspections, New Construction Inspections, Pre-Drywall Inspections, Pre-Sale Inspections, Commercial Inspections, Radon/Mold/Asbestos/Air Quality/VOC Testing, Thermal Imaging, Construction/Rehab Consulting, Free Phone Consultations and Free Price Quotes.

Pool inspections, termite inspections, well & septic inspections, lead inspections