RANKIN AUTO UPHOLSTERY

Founded 1962 • With Angi since December 2006

8021 CESSNA AVE

Gaithersburg, MD 20879

6 EMPLOYEES. NO SUBS. COST DETERMINED BY THE JOB. NO TRAVEL CHARGES....

10/26/2017

David K.

The seats in my 10 year old car look brand new. I showed my neighbor, who has the same model car, and he could not believe how good the work was. It looked like it just came from the factory new. Very impressive. The staff was very detail oriented and took time to explain all the options and what I could expect when the work was done. They made some excellent suggestions about where they thought it was worth replacing leather and where I could save money by dying existing material or patching. Attached photos - front seats were very dirty with rips on both seats; back seat was dirty and stained with two small rips that were patched. All seats were dyed.

Description of Work
I needed some leather seats with some rips on my Acura repaired and have all the seats dyed.

08/16/2017

Derek L.

I am very happy with the result from Rankin. The headliner in my 97 civic looks brand new. The shop is very professional; they gave me an estimate and hit the lower end of it. Car was the same day. I would definitely go with them again.

Description of Work
Headliner in my car needed replacement.

01/10/2017

Bruce G.

Rankin gave me a very reasonable price to completely re-do the seat cover. The initial material we matched arrived but in a different light it did not look correct. After some searching the shop foreman found a material that was perfect for the job that he had enough of. The entire job was done in the time promised...a day's work. I dropped off my car when they opened and picked it back up just before closing time, finished. The seat looks factory new now and I could not be more delighted. And apart from the visual match of the new material the workmanship in stitching and assembly is flawless. I would definitely go with them again for any upholstery work on my car.

Description of Work
My driver's side front seat had worn through in one spot, and thread was coming apart in another. My car is a 2012 Mercedes-Benz E350 Bluetec...a diesel, which I plan to keep forever. It is my dream come true car and I want it looking nice. But after nearly 100k miles patching it many times it was looking horrible. So I looked for someone good to reupholster the seat cushion. One more simple patch just would not do any good.

07/31/2016

Charles N.

The folks at Rankin were able to get the top ordered and installed quickly. They kept me up to speed throughout the process and had it installed on time as promised. The new fabric top not only looks great but the cabin is completely sealed and I'm getting zero interior condensation even after hard rains/high humidity. I had nothing but problems with my previous vinyl tops and they leaked consistently. All of the folks I spoke to at Rankin really seem to take pride in their work and do their best to keep their customers happy. They informed me if I had any problems at all to bring the car back and they would take another look/fix the issue at no charge. I wouldn't go anywhere else to get my top serviced/replaced.

Description of Work
I'm a first time customer that couldn't be happier with the service that Rankin provided. I had the convertible top replaced for my 2009 Mazda Miata.

11/27/2015

Larry C.

it all went straightforward and well. Left it in the AM and picked it up at the end of the day. Nothing complicated about it

Description of Work
They completely re-did the upholstery of the driver's seat in my '94 Jaguar XJS coupe. They worked me in on short notice to accommodate my schedule and they did a great job. (when I can afford it, I'll get my passenger seat done as well!)

01/18/2014

Bruce K.

The material used looks very good...Installation appears flawless.They had to remove the grab handles and could not re-install. They broke when they tried to remove them for the installed liner. had no problem with that.The handles were old and they showed me why they broke. .Not a big deal to me...the work looks flawless. The car was repaired when promised and the owner even went out of his way to save me a few bucks on the car rental I had to have while they had my car.Price seemed more than fair.so I am not complaining about not being given the senior discount as advertised on your Angie's list.I asked but they told me I was already getting their best price(OH well) . Anyway when I picked up the car I have nothing to complain about and without reservation would recommend Lee and Matt Stanley to others , and without hesitation would use them again .

Description of Work
replaced headliner.

10/12/2013

Jean S.

friendly, quick, and reasonable cost

Description of Work
Re-upholstered my convertible's sun visors.

Category auto upholstery,alterations

10/27/2010

Richard L.

The airbag had spontaniously deployed. Sheehy Ford in Gaithersburg suggested Rankin for the seat back repair portion of the installation. Rankin volunteered that they could both install the air bag assembly and repair the seat back; this resulted in a savings over the dealer doing the installation. The quality of workmanship was amazing.

Description of Work
Rankin replaced the side curtain air bag embedded in the passenger seat back of a Ford Focus 2002 station wagon.

11/13/2008

HILDA H.

Excellent work. I called after viewing their company info on list and took the vehicle the following day. They quoted me a price and when I asked if there was a discount for Angie's List, they immediately gave me a $25 discount.

Description of Work
Sewed a zipper to a Jeep driver door.

Category auto upholstery,alterations

Upholstering - Boat & Auto
    Alterations/Sewing/Decorating
    Check, Visa, MasterCard
    ASK FOR DETAIL
    1 YEAR

AUTO UPHOLSTERY, COVERTIBLE TOPS, CARPETS.