Perfect Fit Custom Shutters

Founded 1989 • With Angi since March 2005

9085 Comprint Ct

Gaithersburg, MD 20877

Since 1989, the Gresh family has owned and operated Perfect Fit Custom Shutters building beautiful Plantation Shutters for homes throughout Maryland, Washington DC and Virginia. We measure, manufacture and install all our own Plantation Shutters and we are the "go to" company when quality and price matter. All of our Plantation Shutters are made in our factory right here in the heart of Montgomery County, Maryland. We use quality components made in the USA; our lumber comes from USA forests while our synthetic materials are extruded in Virginia. We offer: Factory Direct Pricing, Custom Paint Match (every order) Wood, Composite and Synthetic Shutters Our huge factory Showroom is the largest in the Washington DC Metro area for Custom Interior and Exterior Shutters. Come visit; our family built it and we'd love to show you around! PefectFit Custom Shutters supports job creation and job preservation in the US by using only US components and manufacturing our own shutters right here in Maryland. The quality is superb and unmatched!...

06/16/2018

Jen S.

Sales rep was on time. She answered all my questions. Took paint sample so that it would match my window trim. The quote was lower than I expected for custom blinds. Downside was the sales rep needed help to measure the windows. For the re-measure I was pushed into a date/time that really didn't work for me. I really didn't think the person that sets up the appointments was very professional. The person that did the re-measure was on time and answered anymore questions I had. Install day... they sent one person do do 8 windows. He was very professional and got it done pretty quickly for doing it all by himself. Over all I am truly happy with the look of the plantation shutters.

Description of Work
Install plantation shutters

05/07/2018

Christina C.

Such amazing work and professionalism! Seriously the best product. These shutters look so good in my house. I would recommend them to anyone looking to have shutters custom made and installed. The quality is exceptional. Installation was a breeze. I’ll recommend to anyone!

Description of Work
Shutters installed on 8 windows

05/05/2018

MAURA K.

I found Perfect Fit through Angie's List when looking to have plantation shutters installed in my dining room and home office. When we visited the showroom in Gaithersburg Riah provided excellent advice on which configuration of shutters would work best in our unusual situation, and provided a cost estimate based on my rough measurements. A few days later John came out to take exact measurements, and later advised the cost would be less than originally estimated. The shutters were installed less than 3 weeks after the order was finalized. Installers arrived on time, were clean in their work and pleasant to deal with. They left us with a small jar of touch-up paint should we need it. Perfect Fit's price was better than estimates we had from Next Day and from a Hunter Douglas dealer. We are probably going to have them come back in a few months and put plantation shutters on the rest of our windows. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Fabricate and install custom plantation shutters

04/30/2018

Betty D.

Their website indicated that the "double-hung" plantation shutters were available, but the measurer--when she came--said that they strongly recommended against them and they cost much more. It seemed to me like a kind of "bait and switch," because the double-hung shutters were why I went to them in the first place. The office staff seemed very confused and gave conflicting information: I was told that someone would come re-measure a door. They never did; I had to call a couple of times to confirm this second visit; but the office didn't know about that arrangement; and they never came. The product was delivered on time. The installers were amazing--fast, efficient, knowledgable. The shutters are lovely; well made and attractive. They cost much less than their competitor.

Description of Work
shutters for windows in 3 rooms

04/05/2018

Laurence K.

From the initial phone call and scheduling to the appointment with the salesperson in our home, through the completion of the installation, the project went smoothly. The quality of the shutters and the installation were high We were very pleased with Perfect Fit Custom Shutters and highly recommend them for this type of work.

Description of Work
Installation of Plantation Shutters in Front Facing Bay Window of Home

04/05/2018

Laurence K.

Very well. This may be a repeat of a previously submitted review.

Description of Work
Plantation Shutters

02/09/2018

alice K.

This place is wonderful. I contacted them via Angie's List and got an immediate appointment. Marie P came out and showed me sample shutters and measured the windows in the family room and bedrooms. We had estimators before and we were told that they could not put shutters on our french doors. Marie provided samples and pictures of how they created cut outs for the door handles. I asked a lot of questions about the best size, color, and design for each room and she provided excellent design guidance. As an after thought, we decided to also put shutters in our kitchen. She came back and did measurements and helped me select appropriate kitchen shutters. Once we approved the estimate, an installer then came and spent about 1 hour doing additional detailed measurements. He was very meticulous and told us how long the manufacture and installation of the shutters would take. Riah and Archi, the front office staff made sure we got on the schedule, as soon as the shutters were done. The shutters are really high quality and look beautiful. They are well aligned with the window frames and reflect high quality craftsmanship. The installers spent several hours at our house, took away our old window treatments, touched up the window frames with paint and cleaned the work areas. They were wonderful. This is a wonderful company.

Description of Work
Plantation Shutters: Family Room, Kitchen, 3 Bedrooms

Category interior designers,window treatments

01/19/2018

Dustin H.

Perfect Fit provided excellent service from beginning to end. Archi, who typically answers the phone, spent a LOT of time answering my questions and explaining the options. Mary (I believe was her name) then came out to show us samples and take initial measurements. To confirm things, an installer came out to verify all measurements and the style, etc that we had chosen. Lastly, the installers were quick, efficient, and did an AMAZING job. These are custom made in Maryland. These aren't ordered to the closest size from Hunter Douglas or some other vendor then made to fit. They are literally a "perfect fit", and I can't explain how beautiful the installation is and what a difference it's made in the comfort, privacy, and beauty of our home. We are so happy with the 8 shutters we had installed that we are getting 4 more for our 2nd story family room windows. These shutters are not cheap, and I cringe when I think about how much we've spent and are looking to spend again. However, these are solid wood, custom-made shutters that instantly increase the value of our home. They've been a great investment with no regrets whatsoever...besides not getting the other 4 windows done the first time! We love them and highly recommend them to anyone looking for an alternative to curtains, blinds, etc.

Description of Work
Custom plantation shutter installation

10/31/2017

Sophia K.

Great service from beginning to end.

Description of Work
Install shutters throughout my new house.

09/17/2017

Karen N.

On time. Very professional. Courteous. Needed to do extra works to get them up the stairs.

Description of Work
Installed interior shutters for 4 windows.

08/14/2017

Sally M.

Everything from the ordering to installation went very smoothly. Everyone was on time and very friendly.

Description of Work
Plantation shutters installed in 4 rooms.

07/24/2017

Donna K.

I highly recommend Perfect Fit Shutters. It was a most rewarding experience to work with them. Their staff is professional, personable and available for any questions. Their product is of the highest quality and they are very price competitive with those other companies in the area. My experience with them was a “perfect fit” from the initial contact to the seamless installation of the shutters in our home. They are a family owned company with extremely high business standards and quality product standards. Absolutely 5 stars!

Description of Work
I had this company install plantation shutters twice in my home.

07/23/2017

Fran E.

Fantastic from start to finish, on time, on budget, delivered shutters ahead of schedule.

Description of Work
Purchased shutters (Plantation).

07/21/2017

michael C.

Third time we have used P.F. - would use no other. Can't say enough about their quality, timeliness & professionalism.

Description of Work
Shutters for 2 interior windows.

Category window treatments,woodworking

07/01/2017

Clare B.

Great experience from beginning to end: Make shutters right next to their showroom. Excellent salesperson experienced estimator and installors; on time; professional.

Description of Work
Customized 4" wooden plantation shutters. Installed in kitchen and small family room of kitchen.

04/26/2017

Jennifer R.

Excellent experience. The shutters were ready To be installed ahead of schedule and the technicians who installed them were professional and courteous.

Description of Work
Build and install custom plantation shutters

Category replacement windows,window treatments

04/26/2017

Pamela E.

Love these shutters! Had them installed last week and could not be happier. The entire process was seamless and staff helpful and professional. Highly recommend!!!!

Description of Work
Plantation shutters for all living areas.

04/09/2017

Sunee C.

Overall, workers were all very professional and responsive. Finished products are of excellent quality. One Perfect Fit employee came for a scheduled in-home visit to explain and show examples of my options, measure, and give an estimate. Showroom employee was especially helpful in further explaining pros and cons of each of our options. The owner himself came out for a follow-up visit to confirm measurements. Turnaround time was relatively quick - about five weeks from my initial phone call to installation day. I highly recommend Perfect Fit for anyone seeking high quality plantation shutters. Their service and workmanship guarantees are the best I've seen.

Description of Work
Measure and install plantation shutters on nine windows.

04/04/2017

SHARI W.

It went fabulously! They are prompt, courteous, respectful, quick, knowledgeable, and cleaned up nicely before they left.

Description of Work
I am thrilled with the way our plantation shutters look! Perfect Fit Custom Shutters has done a beautiful job and their customer service is wonderful. I have used them twice now in the systematic install of plantation shutters throughout our home and they are the only company I trust to complete the job. They were even able to install very narrow shutters on either side of the main entrance door; I couldn't even get an estimate to have that done from other companies.

03/28/2017

Tara S.

The shutters look great! They are real wood (except in the bathroom), which is much better quality than many of the other companies. Also, they custom color match, which is a huge plus. The staff are very professional, friendly, and responsive. Also, the prices are mid-range (not the cheapest and not the most expensive), but the seem to use better quality products than most. We received 4 quotes and thought they were the best - and they were the second cheapest!

Description of Work
Shutters on 12 windows

02/14/2017

Lindsay W.

Everything was wonderful! An excellent company to work with from beginning to end.

Description of Work
Installation of plantation shutters.

02/12/2017

Pamela T.

Start to finish was a fantastic experience. They came when they said they would delivered excellent quality shutters and kept me well informed from start to finish. As a matter of fact, I recommend them to my daughter who is now having shutters made by perfect fit. Very pleased!

Description of Work
Measured, manufactured and installed plantation shutters in a bedroom.

02/07/2017

Laura L.

We were very pleased with our shutter so they did a custom match on a paint sample & the color is a wonderful match. rug only complaint is I needed to follow up to get an installation date.

Description of Work
We ordered plantation shutters for our family room. Perfect fit came to our home for measurement & consultation/suggestion on our options. They made the shutters & installed about 6 weeks later.

01/31/2017

William A M.

The workmanship and the installation of the shutters was perfect in every way. And I was treated like I was the prince of wales.

Description of Work
Two separate orders #1 exterior shutters; and #2 interior plantation shutters.

01/11/2017

Amy G.

Every employee from the consultant to installer was superb. Their expertise, demeanor and product are all top notch. Very happy with our experience and the shutters.

Description of Work
Installed 10 shutters in bedroom windows.

Zen Windows of Washington DC

At Zen Windows, we think that finding replacement windows, sliding doors and entry doors for your home should be a simple, pleasant experience. Our team works closely with you via e-mail and phone to help shape the improvements you envision without ever having a salesperson visit your home. We offer award-winning, energy-efficient windows and doors, and provide a lifetime transferable product and installation warranty. Zen Windows sets our clients at ease with our No Down Payment Policy. You won't pay a penny until the job is completed. Simple, easy, stress-free...the way it should be.

Unicorp Home Energy Services

Since 1987 UNICORP Home Energy Services has made window, siding and roofing projects a worry free experience for over 23,000 homeowners in MD, VA and Washington D.C. We are proud of our flawless record with the Better Business Bureau because customer satisfaction is our number one priority. Our past partnerships with Price Club (Costco) and more recently Pepco Energy Services are a clear indication that we understand the importance of providing substantial savings and value on all our energy saving products. ---- At UNICORP we don't believe in hard-sell tactics, and never make cold calls that interrupt you at meal time. We understand the importance of making the right decision without headache or high pressure. That's why more customers refer us to their friends and family than any other window and siding company. Not surprising when dealing with professionals that care about their customers and love what they do. ---- We thank you for visiting our profile and look forward to improving the quality, enjoyment and energy efficiency of your home. ---- Additional phone - (703) 462-6100. Additional fax - (877) 867-3726. Award winning. Additional DBA - Vinyl Technologies Energy Service. Additional contact name- Brian Weil. Additional email - contact@unicorpmail.com.

Innovative Home Improvement

We are a family owned and operated company since 1986. .We are a client based company,hassle free no sales pressure or gimmicks with our presentations.we offer one of the best warranties in the market .We have our own crews to guarantee great installations every time.We offer premier energy efficient vinyl windows and vinyl siding.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express