Normandy Carpet

Founded 1974 • With Angi since December 2004

7621 Rickenbacker Dr Ste 100

Gaithersburg, MD 20879

Normandy Carpet's fully equipped vans transport a complete range of cleaning and restoration capabilities right to your home. Normandy Carpet specializes in returning your carpets, upholstery and rugs back to near brand new condition. Our emphasis is on personal attention that reflects our

09/26/2018

Mary L B.

Very well . They were able to remove a stain from the family room carpet which I thought could not be done. Very happy with their work .

Description of Work
Cleaned carpet in family room and basement stairs. Cleaned tile in powder room and foyer.

Category carpet cleaners, floor cleaning

07/16/2018

Erika K.

They failed to show up despite repeated calls by me and repeated promises by them. I waited 5 hours and finally fired them. They also "cleaned" the area carpets at my workplace. The rugs came back dingy and faded. Horrible service. Terrible workmanship. Unprofessional to boot

Description of Work
Area rugs cleaned

Category carpet cleaners

Ms. [Member Name Removed] - I am extremely sorry for your frustration. We are proud of our very narrow service windows which 90% of the time we are able to meet. Unfortunately, yesterday we were running a little behind, approximately 15 minutes. We tried to contact you several times in advance to let you know however, you did not answer and your voice mailbox was full. The original pick-up time was scheduled between between 10:00am and 1:00pm. According to the GPS, the driver would have arrive at your home at 1:15pm. JUST 15 MINUTES OUTSIDE OF THE WINDOW!!! Never were there 5 hours involved. Also, if you had not hung up on the scheduler when you called at 1:13pm to cancel the service, she would have been able to explain the situation in detail. I would also be interested in hearing more about your companies rugs. We have not received, EVER, a comment from any client indicating "dingy and faded" rugs being returned. In fact, we hear quite the opposite. Normandy Carpet has been in business since 1974. We strive to maintain our "spotless reputation" which I think is confirmed by our overall "A" rating and excellent reviews here on Angie's List.

04/03/2018

Susan S.

Adrian and his assistant, Andrew, proved once again that Normandy Carpet is an exceptional, high quality service. I needed two easy chairs, a love seat, a couch, and two silk-covered swivel chairs cleaned, as well as my den carpet which receives a lot of foot traffic via the garage and outdoors. One of the silk chairs had an olive oil stain,which now would not be noticed at all, thanks to Adrian's fine attention. The den carpet looks like new and everything else benefited from the cleaning, including a raft of pillows, cleaned at no extra charge. Normandy's prices are extremely reasonable. Their servicemen are very courteous and professional. The quality of work and care is exceptional. I've been a very happy customer since 2009.

Description of Work
Carpet cleaning and upholstery cleaning

09/04/2017

Johnson B.

On time and job completed as scheduled.

Description of Work
Carpet cleaning.

08/16/2017

Marlene L.

The workers were rushed and sloppy. Company management has been very slow to respond to concerns of quality and damage to property. Very disappointed. Save yourself the trouble and find a better service!

Description of Work
Carpets cleaned.

08/05/2017

Sabrina R.

I think it was a fair price. They did a good job.

Description of Work
It was for carpet cleaning.

05/20/2017

Mrs. C.W.M. M.

They called with the approx. time of arrival. They introduced & looked over what was to be done & started. I thought they were reasonably priced.

Description of Work
Cleaned 2 sets of stairs & bedroom & a office

05/10/2017

John F.

The team (of two) was very professional, on time and efficient. Actually, my initial call to schedule the work was a pleasant experience as well. I wish I had called them sooner.

Description of Work
steam cleaned the carpets throughout the house

04/20/2017

PETER K.

Convenient for me to be able to drop off. Cost was higher than expected, nearly $3 per sq. ft., and the rug wasn't a valuable persian or oriental.

Description of Work
Took 8x10 rug in to be cleaned.

Category oriental rug cleaning

I am sorry you were disappointed with the price. We are very competitive with other carpet cleaners. Thank you for using our services. Lois

03/25/2017

Gail Y.

Both went very well. The home cleaning was prompt, professional, efficient and successful. The in plant cleaning results were very good.

Description of Work
One Bokhara rug cleaned in the home, one Dhurrie cleaned in their plant.

Category oriental rug cleaning

Thank you for using our services! Lois

02/08/2017

Robert & Suzie F.

They were great, I give them all A's! I would absolutely use them again. They were on time and did a nice job. They would have redone it if I found issues, they were very professional. They care about doing a good job. Since I had been using them for many years they never changed the price.

Description of Work
They shampooed the carpets.

02/05/2017

Beverly S.

They arrived on time introduced themselves (2), measured space & gave elect price and went to work w/o delay. Assisted in moving some furniture.

Description of Work
Cleaned carpeting in 2 rooms (Lr & Dr) with extra attention to pet problem areas.

12/22/2016

Camille S.

I've been using Normandy Carpet for a long time. They're amazing and really show their loyalty and appreciation to their customers!

Description of Work
They cleaned my dining room chairs and spot cleaned my bedroom closet.

12/05/2016

Jennifer B.

They do quality work at an affordable price. The workers are very pleasant.

Description of Work
Normandy Carpet is always reliable. On time and reasonably priced.

12/03/2016

Kate L.

Excellent, professional, courteous, thorough, clean and competent.

Description of Work
Cleaned wool wall-to-wall barker carpets on three floors.

Jennifer L.

Pick up and delivery was great. Carpet was clean. I looked into getting the carpet repaired, but decided against it because they couldn't guarantee the match of the fringe on one side with the existing fringe on the other side.

Description of Work
Cleaned oriental carpet

Jennifer L.

Great! The team came on time, moved furniture to take the rug away and to put it back when they returned with the cleaned carpet.

Description of Work
Clean an oriental carpet

Joanne H.

Were on time, polite, professional and completed job in a timely fashion.

Description of Work
Family room & 1 bedroom carpet cleaned.

10/21/2016

Susan S.

When I made the appointment with Lois in the office, she told me that the stain might not come out completely. I decided to go ahead with the cleaning as the set of six upholstered chairs had not been cleaned in some time. Santos and his associate whose name I didn't catch arrived about 1:30 p.m. (my scheduled window was 12-3p.m.),listened to what had happened and also looked at an kitchen bench that had a few spots on the 100% polyester sueded fabric. They hooked up their cleaning machine to our garage faucet and got right to work after putting down a protective covering on the kitchen floor. The service men worked quickly, efficiently, and neatly. I was amazed that the olive oil stain was barely visible, as they too said that oil was very tricky to get out. The minimum service charge is $160 which is what I paid for cleaning the six kitchen chairs and the bench. It was worth every penny. I have previously used Normandy Carpet to clean my very light wall-to-wall carpet in the master bedroom and on the stairs plus den carpeting several times. They have also previously cleaned three chairs covered in silk fabric. All results have been excellent.

Description of Work
I had a large olive oil spill ( 8"H x 3"W) on the upholstered back of a dining room chair (fabric:mostly cotton, acrylic and vicose). Several other chairs had some minor stains and a kitchen bench with an upholstered cushion needed attention (this was not included in my original request).

08/19/2016

VALERIE M.

The operatives arrived promptly. They gave me a price I thought was fair including my 10% reduction for senior status. They finished the job within the time projected. Nice job will use the company next time around. I prefer not to quote price as it depends on square footage of rugs and the size of furniture. Thank you Normandy Carpets.

Description of Work
I had 4 area rugs cleaned and a sofa and chair and ottoman

08/03/2016

Joseph B.

They measured the area, gave a quote; & cleaned the carpet. They were very efficient & professional. Wonderful service.

Description of Work
They cleaned the office carpet as well as the steps & a few spots upstairs. They removed some stains in the carpet.

07/18/2016

Susan S.

Adan and Hugo, the technicians, arrived promptly at noon (my designated window was noon to 3 p.m.). Both of them have been here before but we walked through the house so that I could show them some areas that might need special attention. They started their work promptly and finished in an hour and a half. Adan and Hugo were very courteous and professional, as always. After they finished, Adan told me about some areas where there are more permanent stains, some discoloration on the stairs, and some wear on the downstairs carpet, all of which I appreciated. He recommended cleaning the rugs at least once a year so that traffic patterns and stains don't set in. Adan reminded me that the carpets can be a little slippery until they start to dry out and to let them dry at least 6-8 hours before setting furniture on them. It's easy to schedule an appointment with the company through Lois who is also very courteous and professional. Normandy has cleaned my carpets twice and also did an excellent job on an emergency clean when we spilled hot coffee on the very light wool rug in the master bedroom. They have also cleaned three silk upholstered living room chairs (which Adan also recalled doing) and did a great job. I would highly recommend them as an excellent, professional, and reasonably priced service.

Description of Work
Wall-to-wall carpeting on two levels (one all wool rug; the other a nylon rug) and 19 carpeted stairs cleaned in a four-story townhouse.

06/23/2016

Joanna F.

Excellent, as always! Very professional; responsive; great job.

Description of Work
Cleaned & scotch guard carpets.

05/25/2016

Joyce B.

Received estimate for this spefic work. Months later called to have exact work performed. The price nearly doubled from the quoted price of $281. This company does acceptable work but price gouges.

Description of Work
Cleaned tile floor in kitchen.

Category floor cleaning

05/09/2016

Stephanie S.

I’ve used Normandy for a decade. Always get someone on the phone. Quick to come out. Do great work.

Description of Work
Carpet & furniture cleaning.

Oriental Rug Weavers

Purchaser and Seller of New and Antique Rugs of the Highest Quality. Services offered: Insurance Appraisals, Cleaning (hand wash), Repair / Restoration, Re- Sizing, Re-Weaving, Re-Dyeing, Rug Pads (hypo allergenic) , Onsite Design Consultation and more.... We carry beautiful Handmade selection of exquisite Tribal and City Workshop pieces in all sizes. Spectacular Variety of beautiful Traditional and Modern / Contemporary Design Rugs. We Specialize in both New and Antique Rugs of the Highest Quality. Our rugs come from : Iran (Persian), Pakistan, Afghanistan, Kashmir, Turkey, Tibet, Central Asia (Caucasian), China & India. Affiliation : ASID Industry Partner (American Society of Interior Designers) Onsite Design Consultation is available on request to better help your decorative needs. Rug Padding : Sale & Installation of Top Quality Hypo-Allergenic Rug Pads for all type of surfaces i.e. Hardwood, Carpet, Tiles, Laminate.

RestoreUnow

WATER, FIRE & MOLD Damage Restoration & Clean-up Services! When disaster strikes your home or business, you need an experienced professional company to restore your property back to pre-loss condition. We offer immediate disaster response and can work with your insurance company. Having a disaster happen can be a traumatic time in your life and we understand every aspect of this. Our goal is to not only restore your home or business properly but to also ease your mind. From the initial phone call until after we've completed the work, we promise you'll be completely satisfied. We urge you to take a few moments to read our reviews, learn about our services, and contact us with any questions you may have.

My Carpet Cleaning & Restoration Service

My Carpet Cleaning & Restoration Services specializes in Providing Premium Cleaning & Restoration Services while Protecting the rest of your Home, Possessions and Environment. After working for several less than reputable companies, I decided the only way I could provide services that I could be proud of ethically and make a decent living was to go into business for myself. So I did and here I am nearly 30 Years later. Since 1992, I have been providing my services to Homeowners like you as well as some of the areas prominent Businesses, Churches, Government Offices, Nursing Homes, Office Buildings, Realtors, Restaurants, Schools, Sports Clubs etc. No matter what size the job, I place an Emphasis on Quality that is unsurpassed. If I'm not happy with the results, how can I expect them or you to be? As an I.I.C.R.C. Certified Firm and A Master Cleaner and Restorer I have the knowledge and expertise to not only to Provide You the Most Thorough Cleaning EVER or It's FREE! As the name implies, I Clean Carpet, very well I might add. I can also remove most Pet Stains & Odors. Upholstery Cleaning is performed to the highest levels attainable without risk of damaging the fabrics. Using multiple products, tools and Methodologies, I'll clean your fabrics as aggressively as Possible to get them as clean as Possible. Power Cleaning of Ceramic Tile is another service that We Excel in; renewing your floors appearance and removing the germs that are growing on your floor. Water Damage Restoration; Not only do we extract the water and dry the carpet, which is where most carpet cleaners stop, we actually dry the structure. Using Thermal Imaging and moisture probes to find the water others don't and then specialized Thermal Drying Equipment to dry the structure without totally gutting your home if possible. We'll return your home back to a Dry and Healthy Environment Then, we can put everything back together again, Restoring your home back to it's Pre-loss Condition!

2022 Super Service Award

Offers by My Carpet Cleaning & Restoration Service on Angi

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check
    Satisfaction

Carpet Cleaning, Upholstery Cleaning, Area Rug Cleaning, Tile & Grout Cleaning. Water Damage Clean-Up: removal of water, cleaning, deodorizing & mildew treatments and pad replacement. 3M scotchgard protection. Sales & Installation of new Carpet, Tiles and Laminate Flooring. Commercial Cleaning, Repairs & Installation. Area Rug Repairs/Restoration. Free pick-up & delivery for area rugs, rug repair.