HARRY C JOHNSON & SON INC

Founded 1906 • With Angi since July 2005

Harry C. Johnson & Son Inc. has been providing furniture repair services to the Washington area for over 100 years. Based out of Gaithersburg, Maryland, we are dedicated to the repair, restoration, refinishing, reupholstering of your furniture and woodworking with unmatched experience and quality. Our work stands the test of time and we stand behind it. Fully equipped to handle all furniture needs, our facility seems to always be full of ongoing projects, from simple chair repairs to more complex restorations of antique furniture. All work is done completely by hand. We use only the best materials. Additional email: info@harryjohnsonfurniture.com...

The Upholstery Shop

The Upholstery Shop is a two-generation family owned business started by Edwin Colon Sr. and brothers Eddie Colon Jr. and Jeff Colon. This unique establishment has been serving the residents of this area for over 30 years, providing quality customer services. The family’s personalized approach and excellent customer service to work has built the once small store workroom into a thriving business, with client satisfaction as the mainstay of their success. Re-upholstering saves money and gives furniture a custom look! If you have a special piece of quality furniture that is in need of repair or update, it can be reupholstered or slip covered from a large selection of discounted in-stock and/or special order fabrics from leading manufacturers.

D&D Service, LLC

call or click for an estimate, today!

Antiques & Furniture Restoration Inc

Antiques & Furniture Restoration, Inc. was founded in 1991 in New York City. In 1996, we moved our service to Sterling, Virginia. We are a full service antiques and furniture restoration company. Our 3000 square foot shop handles complete repair and refinishing services, specializing in French Polishing, Color Matching, Piece Replacement, Re-gluing and Repairing. Antique Furniture and Restoration, Inc. also handles Insurance Claims for fire, smoke and water damage. The focus of our work is on maintaining and restoring the look and artistic value of our client’s fine furniture, as well as retaining the value and integrity of the antique. To do so we utilize the finest traditions of quality hand craftsmanship available, we do so with all environmentally safe products. We have by far the most experience with environmentally safe and oil base products . Our products are highly durable and can achieve any look and feel from hand rubbed oil to lacquer and French polish finishes. Every step in the total process-from the stripping to the final finish-is done by hand. Our company, has over twenty years experience in the field of antique refinishing and restoration. The skills the company has acquired have been obtained through hands-on experience under the guidance of Haridi and his staff of various local craftsmen and experts. The restoration process involves the use of precious woods and products treated in a way as to preserve their antique value. Every step of our refinishing and restoration process is done in such a way as to preserve the original colors and tonalities of the wood. Every effort is made to ensure the warmth of your furniture. Our finishing is done using only the finest products.

05/01/2017

They were very professional and knew exactly what was needed. One chair had a slight problem when we got it back but they fixed it immediately and we are very satisfied.

Description of Work
One chair and a sofa were reupholstered and two dining chairs were repaired.

Category furniture repair,upholstery

07/23/2016

Spoke to Paco who said to take pictures and e-mail it to him. So I did and heard nothing back. I followed with them by phone and still never heard back. If the pre-sales service is this bad imagine how it will be if something goes wrong!

Description of Work
Needed to get a bedroom set refinished

03/13/2016

I've used this company in the past. They do very good work

Description of Work
Fixed a loose arm on chair

10/14/2015

Although they are not inexpensive, they did an absolutely beautiful job & completed the work within 2 days. Now, I have the most sturdy, reinforced drawer that will never come apart again, at least not in this lifetime!

Description of Work
I had a middle desk drawer that constantly came apart from its original gluing, plus the pencil tray fell apart with the end of the drawer. I took it to Harry C. Johnson & Son Inc. & they did an absolutely wonderful job!

10/20/2014

It went great. I have used this company so much in the past, I think they can read my mind. I just ask them to do something for me and they know what questions to ask to accomplish the task. They came to my place. Took some measurements, and pictures and then went back to the workshop and created the perfect item for me.

Description of Work
Build a custom cabinet to match existing cabinets.

Category custom cabinets

FURNITURE REFINISHING, REPAIRS, RE-GLUING, ANTIQUE RESTORATION, UPHOLSTERY, & WOODWORK.

Don't do repairs to leather or fabrics.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express