HARRY C JOHNSON & SON INC

Founded 1906 • With Angi since July 2005

Harry C. Johnson & Son Inc. has been providing furniture repair services to the Washington area for over 100 years. Based out of Gaithersburg, Maryland, we are dedicated to the repair, restoration, refinishing, reupholstering of your furniture and woodworking with unmatched experience and quality. Our work stands the test of time and we stand behind it. Fully equipped to handle all furniture needs, our facility seems to always be full of ongoing projects, from simple chair repairs to more complex restorations of antique furniture. All work is done completely by hand. We use only the best materials. Additional email: info@harryjohnsonfurniture.com...

Harman's Furniture Refinishing & Upholstery

All wood pieces are hand stripped with the exception of antiques which are restored to original finish. Large selection of fabric & naugahyde (leather's imitator). Our upholsterer has 42 years of experience. All furniture is insured from the time it leaves your home until it is returned. Upholstery estimates are completed on the premises which offers you the opportunity to choose fabric to match your decor. Personalized appointments can be available. Closed Sunday.

05/01/2017

They were very professional and knew exactly what was needed. One chair had a slight problem when we got it back but they fixed it immediately and we are very satisfied.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
One chair and a sofa were reupholstered and two dining chairs were repaired.

CATEGORY furniture repair,upholstery

07/23/2016

Spoke to Paco who said to take pictures and e-mail it to him. So I did and heard nothing back. I followed with them by phone and still never heard back. If the pre-sales service is this bad imagine how it will be if something goes wrong!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Needed to get a bedroom set refinished

03/13/2016

I've used this company in the past. They do very good work

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Fixed a loose arm on chair

10/14/2015

Although they are not inexpensive, they did an absolutely beautiful job & completed the work within 2 days.  Now, I have the most sturdy, reinforced drawer that will never come apart again, at least not in this lifetime!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had a middle desk drawer that constantly came apart from its original gluing, plus the pencil tray fell apart with the end of the drawer.  I took it to Harry C. Johnson & Son Inc. & they did an absolutely wonderful job!

10/20/2014

It went great. I have used this company so much in the past, I think they can read my mind.  I just ask them to do something for me and they know what questions to ask to accomplish the task.  They came to my place.  Took some measurements, and pictures and then went back to the workshop and created the perfect item for me.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Build a custom cabinet to match existing cabinets.

CATEGORY custom cabinets

FURNITURE REFINISHING, REPAIRS, RE-GLUING, ANTIQUE RESTORATION, UPHOLSTERY, & WOODWORK.

Don't do repairs to leather or fabrics.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express