EMERALD LANDSCAPING CORP

Founded 1998 • With Angi since September 2005

4.2

7448 DAMASCUS RD

Gaithersburg, MD 20882

Emerald Landscaping Corporation is a locally owned and operated landscape contracting company serving residential and commercial customers with experience and aptitude. We have been doing business in the Maryland, DC, and Virginia area for over 20 years. Here at Emerald, providing the best customer service is our main goal. Attention to detail, hard work, and continuous improvement is what sets us apart from the rest. At Emerald Landscaping Corporation, we provide complete lawn and landscaping services for both residential and commercial customers in the MD, DC, & VA areas. Our friendly, knowledgeable, and courteous staff are ready to work with you on whatever project you may be considering. We are full licensed and insured (MHIC # 120316) and members of the Build and Trade Association. So whether you're a homeowner, a commercial property developer, or a business manager, our technicians are well trained to handle any landscaping task. Contact Emerald Landscaping Corporation to schedule an appointment for a consultation today, and take the first step toward a more attractive landscape for your property....

06/27/2022

Liliane D.

I found Emerald on Angie’s list. My renovation project included replacing the old structure, that was infested with mosquitos, with a new patio that would serve as a place of leisure and relaxation. Emerald did an excellent job! The landscaping, new plating, beautiful masonry, stone steps, and river rock boarder exceeded my expectation. The staff and team were attentive to my needs and kept me informed of the project's progress and timeline. I'm thankful to have found a reliable landscaper to work with.

Description of Work
Patio replacement

Category concrete repair, hardscaping, outdoor lighting

Thank you Ms. [Member Name Removed] for the positive review! It was a pleasure to perform this project for you!

06/15/2022

Lawrence T.

Needed a walkway extended from the side of our home through the backyard. Emerald provided a competent, professional team that not only built a beautiful walkway, but also buried downspout pipes to prevent excessive runoff. From start to finish, they provided a beautiful walkway allowing us to finish off our yard work. In addition, Margie, from the office staff, was a pleasure to work with. She was professional, personable, and reliable providing information, estimates, and updates from the initial contact through completion of the project.

Description of Work
Walkway construction

Category concrete repair, hardscaping

04/06/2022

Oscar J. V.

They did not have the right tools to break up the old sidewalk. There were many imperfections. Their work was uneven and I would not use them again.

Description of Work
They put in a new concrete walkway.

Category concrete repair

12/30/2021

Sabrina E.

The job went smoothly. The contractor responded promptly to my inquiry about the project & provided a detailed estimate in a timely fashion. Many of the companies I contacted about this job either did not respond to my inquiry or never delivered a bid. Emerald really stood out in this regard, which says a lot about the contractors in this line of work. The estimated date to begin the job was pushed back by around a month, but I was warned this might happen. The crew that did the job worked hard. Their English language skills did not match their stonework skills, so I had to relay my questions about it through Margie in Emerald's office, who is quite responsive. The final product looks good. A neighbor who oversees construction projects for a living looked it over & said it was done properly, so I assume it will not fall over like its predecessor. I would definitely hire this company again.

Description of Work
Company built a Nicolock retaining wall on my property after the old one collapsed.

Category masonry

Thank you very much for your positive review Mrs. [Member Name Removed]! You were great to work with! We always appreciate communicative, understanding and helpful customers like you!

11/27/2021

T A.

Not well! I was incredibly disappointed. So much so that I hired another business to complete my job after Emerald did what was in the initial contract and I cancelled my contract for work to be done in Spring 2022. There were major communication challenges, a lack of respect shown by one of their employees that led to a request to not have that employee return to my property, and immense frustration on my end because certain things which, in my opinion, should have been standard elements of a landscaping job and factored into the quoted price and contract document at the outset (e.g., factoring into the cost estimate the need for mulch in areas were there was no stone being added back after the weed block fabric was installed). In every instance when I inquired about something that wasn't done I was told that "wasn't factored into the contract and will cost $X more"). Lesson learned for me - do not rely on pictures and email communications to assume that you and the business owner are understanding what one another are saying. This should have been my first clue to reconsider contracting with Emerald Landscaping as there were numerous exchanges via email and phone to ask clarifying questions. Although I could go into more details, I will offer this advice to anyone considering Emerald's services in the future--be crystal clear about what services you are contracting for and if you cannot have someone come to your property to ensure that there is a mutual understanding of the services to be provided/performed then proceed at your own caution. On a positive note, Margie who serves as the liaison between the owner, employees and the customer was always professional and responsive. Unfortunately, goodwill engendered by my interactions with Margie were eroded by my overall experience with the company. I have documented and shared my feedback with Emerald so nothing in my review should come as a surprise to anyone.

Description of Work
General landscape service including removing old/dying plants. Adding weed block fabric in landscape beds and geo-textile fabric for drainage with Delaware River Rock stone to address soil erosion in backyard. In front and side yard add new planting (Azeleas, Heavenly Bamboo Nandina, Skip Laurels, Inkberry, Glosst Abelia, Helleri Holly). Tree rounds and mulch and topsoil, grass seed and straw in bear areas in front and back yard.

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, mulch

Hello Ms. [Member Name Removed], I am very sorry that your experience with our company was not positive. We have since released the employee that displayed an unacceptable attitude towards you. We are continuing to improve our communication and will strive to better our performance in the future. We appreciate your constructive criticism. All the best to you!

11/03/2018

Amanda S.

The estimate process was quick and easy, with everything laid out and easy to understand. The price was fantastic for the scope of work, as compared to the two other estimates that we received. Our only complaint was a slight lack of communication to schedule the work. Our deposit was cashed and we did not hear anything for almost 4 weeks. I called twice and didn't hear back, but then the next day there was an opening and the crew was at my house that morning. The crew was incredibly professional and hardworking, and the results are amazing!

Description of Work
Remove landscaping and replace with sod, and de-weed multiple areas

06/01/2017

Teresa C.

Emerald was a great company to work with. They offered a fair price, and the quality of the workmanship was excellent. Evelyn managed the project very well, kept in contact to explain weather delays, and knew the process and materials. Eric did the demolition and construction, and was very hard-working and skillful. We are very pleased with the work they did and would certainly hire them again.

Description of Work
They replaced a retaining wall and steps into my backyard.

Category hardscaping

11/08/2016

Raice M.

They did an outstanding job. They missed some work and came back immediately when I called them

Description of Work
They did a bunch of landscaping work. Reedged some gardens, etc

05/15/2015

Martin N.

The first crew that showed up seemed far out of their element, and after observing the haphazard way they went about making the concrete repairs, we called the company and expressed our concerns that very first day. It did not appear as if they had a level with them while resetting steps and caps, and they seemed mostly concerned with refilling the old joints, rather than laying new concrete under loose stones. You could tap on some of the stones and hear that they were still hollow (loose) underneath. Emerald stated that they had confidence in the crew and let them work another couple of days before finally sending a supervisor out to check on the work. There were gaps between stones in many places, a huge gap (2 inches in spots) between the steps and the side wall, and most of the cap stones were still basically loose. I know nothing about concrete and stone work, yet I couldn't imagine someone pretending this was a completed job. A huge rain (for which the contractor left no covering over the fairly-fresh wet concrete), delayed the process long enough for me to ask that the current crew (which by this point had also damaged my aluminum siding while attempting to start another project of cleaning gunk off the outside of the gutters) be removed from further work at the property. A new single-person crew was sent to make repairs to the mess that was left by the original crew. Immediately, one could tell that he knew how to handle a trowel, and he spent approximately 5 days making repairs and resetting areas where mistakes were visibly apparent. During this process, the manager asked us to chip in $250 towards new materials that would be used to redo areas previously damaged or erroneously repaired by the original crew. We refused to make any such payment. Turns out, over the winter multiple stones which were not properly adhered to their positions popped loose again, mostly due to the fact that they were being held in place solely by the concrete between the joints, with no attachment (concrete or glue-wise) to stones and or old concrete/rocks below. Hoping to have these stones reattached properly, we recently contacted Emerald multiple times, via phone and email, but have received no response. The "Emerald Advantage" they speak of on their website appears not to extend to their 5-year warranty on work. Our job was only 8 months old, and we can't even get a call back. I expect the stones will continue to come apart over the years, as a weekly reminder of the professional service Emerald Landscaping had promised but fell well-short of.

Description of Work
Emerald was contracted to make concrete repairs to the flagstone surrounding our home, which had started coming undone during the previous year or so (from old age). All looses stones, cracked stones and joints were to be repaired/replaced, including caps on walls.

11/17/2014

Martin N.

09/17/2014

Tim S.

Everything was great...until I put down a deposit. I had them remove a drive way, install sod where the driveway was, and install a flagstone walkway. The walkway was okay, but the grass is terrible. High and low spots. The grass was put down on a hot day without water, by the time I got home and put water on it was dry, especially the edges. I have a low spot that retains water....and it's on a slope. The guys that put down the flagstone were very helpful and did a good job. Someone else put the grass down. However, the person managing the job was Evelyn - her only response regarding the grass was "we can roll it" - just gave me the run around. I asked her to tell me when they were done and send me the final bill....nothing for three weeks and then they sent me the invoice - I guess they're done. Total lack of customer service. Avoided addressing my concerns. Heard from the owner 2 days after posting a complaint on another site....too late. Avoid!

Description of Work
I had a driveway removed, sod installed, and a flagstone sidewalk installed.

06/07/2013

Joshua L.

The Emerald crew worked tirelessly for two and a half days to accomplish all the work we wanted them to do. They truly went above and beyond to ensure that my wife and I were satisfied with the job (including fixing both sets of fence doors and a damaged sprinkler head). At the end of each day the foreman walked around the house with me to go over their progress and communicate what work was left to do to make sure everyone was on the same page, something I appreciated very much. The end result looks fantastic and we couldn't be happier. We look forward to working with Emerald Landscaping in the future.

Description of Work
Cut and removed (including stump) two 15 ft holly trees. Cut and removed all shrubs and plantings located along the entire house foundation. Cut and remove all plantings along backyard fence line. Haul away all debris and shavings from site. Turned and cultivated all soil areas. Installed new topsoil/leafgrow mix and machine till. Hand raked all areas to prepare for new plantings to finish. Pruned selected evergreens along back fence line.

09/20/2012

Denise P.

I contacted Emerald Landscaping via Email to get an estimate on weeding the many landscaped beds on my property. I am very allergic to ragweed so I needed this work done quickly. Emerald Landscaping quickly gave me an estimate and sent out a crew when I agreed to the price. The crew did an excellent job and I am very pleased with the results. All of my beds look great, the weeds are gone and the walks and beds were edged and look neat and clean. All of the lawn waste was hauled away and my walks were swept up and tidied. I would highly recommend Emerald Landscaping.

Description of Work
Cleaned up and weeded all of the landscaped beds on my property.

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, leaf removal

09/10/2011

Oreyemi O.

Overall I was pleased with the work, and when I wasn't pleased they were quick to respond and fix whatever the problem was. I am not sure about the pricing, but it was worth it for how my outside looks right now.

Description of Work
Created a pave stone patio, and some landscaping around the front of the house.

Category landscaping, lawn service

09/08/2011

LAWANA T.

Emerald Landscaping is a great company to work with. They are a very fair company to deal with. There pricing is in line or better than the competition. I would recommend this company to anyone.

Description of Work
This company maintains the landscaping areas in the neighborhood that I live.

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, leaf removal, mulch, tree service

10/07/2010

Yvette D.

Everything is going well. They have excellent customer service and are very responsive to any of my concerns.

Description of Work
They mow my lawn and provide general maintenance for it.

07/29/2010

BOB D.

they have been excellent with their work. I have uesd them for 4 consecutive years.

Description of Work
I have an annual contract with Emerald to cut grass every 2 weeks, fertilize grass and plantings, weed beds, trim bushes and trees, and mulch beds, for which I pay $390.00/month for 10 months.

07/14/2010

Donna R.

The monthly cost of $168.00 is reasonable for mowings in this area and their responsiveness and professionalism is much better than other mowers I have used in the past. Their employees are friendly and do a thorough job each week. When I have asked for quotes for additional work on yard cleanup, they are quick to respond via email and have completed the work in a timely, thorough manner.

Description of Work
Emerald Landscaping does weekly mowings for our lawn and has also cleaned up fallen leaves, tree limbs, and a downed tree for us.

11/30/2009

Deborah B.

While the experience at the time was fine and the finished products looked very nice, the workmanship has not withstood the test of time. Within about a year, large spaces between the stones on our path and front steps appeared (large enough for grass to grow through). When contacted about this, Emerald told us to simply fill it with sand. One year later, the wrought iron bannister they installed began to rust. When we complained, they said this was typical and suggested we paint it. We spent many thousands of dollars on this work and do not think the quality of the work reflects the price.

Description of Work
We had Emerald Landscaping build a stone wall in our yard, redo our front steps and path, replace our bannister and plant shrubs on our property.

Category landscaping, hardscaping

09/25/2009

BOB D.

They do lawn and yard work. They trim the bushes, maintain the lawn and handle the fertilization. They provide a regular service. I would recommend them because I have used them. They are very dependable. I cannot say that I dislike something about them. On their last visit, they cut the grass, aerated the yard and put down the fertilizer. Their prices are reasonable.

Description of Work
Emerald landscaping Corp maintains our yard. They came here 2 weeks ago. They will be coming in today but I am not at the house.

06/23/2009

John P.

They were very good. They had some very good design ideas. They were very friendly and hard working staff. The office staff was very helpful. I had a very good experience with them overall.

Description of Work
Emerald Landscaping Corporation came out and did some planting and a stone patio, steps and walkway in my yard.

Category landscaping, hardscaping

08/11/2008

John P.

They are very good at what they do. They were very good about listening to my desires and making them a reality. It was a hard job and I thought that they handled it very well.

Description of Work
They put in a stone walk, a patio and some steps around the house as well as some foundation planning.

Category hardscaping

09/21/2005

AMANDA M.

THEY DID AN OKAY JOB. WE WERE HAPPY WITH THEIR SERVICE, BUT NOT THEIR WORK. THE WORKERS WERE NOT VERY TIDY, NOR PROFESSIONAL. ALTHOUGH THEY ARE MAKING AN ATTEMPT TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT, WE PROBABLY WOULD NOT USE THEM AGAIN.

Description of Work
LANDSCAPED ENTIRE BACKYARD.

09/21/2005

I WILL SAY AN EXCELLENT COMPANY. HANDLES THE LAWN WITH EXTRA CARE, AND DOES A WONDERFUL JOB. THEY COME OUT EXACTLY WHEN NEEDED, AND IT GETS DONE IN A VERY REASONABLE TIME.

Description of Work
CUTS LAWN, AND TRIMS.

Drainage and Erosion Solutions

Drainage & Erosion Solutions (DES) is an award-winning company that provides assessment and repair of all drainage and erosion problems for residential and commercial properties. We are a design-build firm, with both engineering and contracting divisions; offering aesthetically pleasing and professionally engineered solutions to drainage and erosion problems. Our team members are year-round, full-time employees with a strong reputation for technical knowledge, attention to detail, great customer service and general excellence. All DES consultations, assessments, and installations are performed by a licensed professional soils engineer, or landscape and drainage systems designer. These professionals have several decades of combined design and contracting experience. Clients like working with us - much of our business comes from referrals and from our top rankings among the most popular contractor ratings services .

Metro Drainage Pros LLP

Metro Drainage Pros is a licensed & insured company that specializes in exterior storm water management and drainage issues. At Metro Drainage Pro's, LLP, we offer a team of highly trained professionals who all have a vast amount of experience in storm water management. We are a fully licensed and insured company, and we strive to bring our customers the best possible solutions, tailored to fit their needs. There is no job that is too big or complicated, and with over 30 years of extensive experience, our professional trained employees are fully capable of handling the most demanding of projects. So don't let your drainage get you any longer. Let the Metro Drainage Pro's, LLP team identify the source of the problem so we can provide you with long lasting results.

Yard Enhancement Services LLC

Locally owned and operated full-service landscaping company

120316
    Maryland
    Maryland Home Improvement Commission
    Check, MasterCard, Visa

Lawn Mowing, Lawn & Garden Clean-up, Landscape Installations, Lawn Maintenance, Stone work, Spring & Fall Clean-up, Drainage, Fencing, Fence Installation, Winter Sandings, Snow Removal, Planting, Trees, Landscape Lighting, Leaf Removal, Drainage Solutions, Mulching, Tree Trimming, Shrub Pruning, Bed Clean Up, Flowerbeds, Sod, Lawn Maintenance, Walkways, Retaining Walls, Patios, Brick laying, Fencing, Residential & Commercial Services. We do it all!

Indoor work