BELTWAY GARAGE DOORS

Founded 1975 • With Angi since February 2005

4.3

13110 Esworthy Rd

Gaithersburg, MD 20878

Whether you need a new garage door opener installation or a garage door spring repair, our expert technicians will provide the best quality repair service at a competitive price. We offer repair services for broken garage door springs, tracks, and rollers or we can completely replace your old door

10/23/2019

Bill D.

I showed tech problem. He immediately said I needed whole new unit. Next I told him what was happening. He asked if I had owners manual. I pulled up on internet. He troubleshooted for 3 minutes. Service charge $85, reprogramming $65. I was quoted $89 day before by owner. Total bait and switch. Other company quoted $89 via Angie's List. Company we know said $139 all included. Should have gone with them Avoid this firm. There are others.

Description of Work
Belt limit adjusted

03/07/2018

Tony P.

Very well. It was a needed maintenance performed after 10-years of more or less faithful service. Typical maintenance should be, I'm advised, 1 - 2 years. Cost included replacement of a lot of hardware, e.g., springs. Beltway responded the next day at appointed hour. Chris, the technician was helpful and informative.

Description of Work
Repair garage door

12/30/2017

Akinyi O.

All went well and fixed expeditiously.

Description of Work
Garage door lights

09/14/2017

Sennur K.

Terrible! I am a very high tolerance person esp for service sector as things can go wrong and its ok. But never been soo mad at any company or person as i was to this company, or person! He was plain rude and liar! Thursday, 7th, I call to make an appointment and he says they will be here Friday or if not definitely Monday. Noone here on Friday fine. Monday comes I wait and 5pm I call, he says " oh my technician had dental emergency, when is next best time?" I said Wednesday after 10am. Wednesday I wait noone calls or show up, afternoon 1 ish I call he again says 'oh my guy had health emergency, I will call you back" He leaves a message later on which I got late, 3pm, call him back, he says "too late my guys left area!" I told him I will go there only for them because I live 40min away now, he says he will call me Thursday before/by 9am. Thursday, 14th, he calls me at 12.35pm and says "his guys will be here at 2.30pm". I said I have to leave to get my son from school at 3.20pm is he sure this time, he says yes they will be there at 2.30pm. So I left to get errands, gas etc but told my lawn guy, Miguel (he was fixing broken window) I will be back 2.15ish but if garage company comes earlier let them in to garage. 2.03pm that guy calls and starts yelling! "my guys are at your house where r u? i said they can get in and start I told Miguel to let them in. He yells "my guys been there for 15 minutes 15 minutes, what you gonna do about it, where r u?" I said they can start and I will be there in 10min. He just says Fine! and hang up on me before I finished my sentence! I called Miguel and ask when did they arrive, he said few minutes ago, i said like exactly what? he says maybe 5 they just pulled in! Told him to open the garage door and I am on my way. I got home at 2.20 and they were already gone! Miguel said they got in oiled the wheels but thats it. They will back because they didnt have their tool to check sensors! Garage door company truck goes around to fix garage doors without sensor detector? Never again! They will not come back to complete it or anything. Lawn guy had accidentally broke my window and been waiting for 5 weeks for him to get it fixed. He also had issues, changed/cancelled days but its ok he is fixing it today and never been rude like these company's guy! Delays are ok in service business, I waited them for 7 days, they didnt even have to wait for me yet still he yells at me, lies and hang up on my face???? Nope I dont accept nor keep quiet for that!

Description of Work
garage door tune up

09/02/2017

Alexander K.

turns out they don't service my particular type of install (non-professional / home builder contractor). Technician clearly explained the differences and said they could service it if I replaced a component with one they do service. however, since it was working just fine, the cost to replace made no sense. I appreciated his candor and honesty. If we ever have to replace the door and need a professional installer, Beltway is definitely on the list of those to call.

Description of Work
Bought a 5yr maintenance plan for my garage door

08/11/2017

Bennet E.

Our old garage door quit and Beltway Garage Doors responded very quickly. I would recommend them to anyone. Great company, outstanding serviceman & department. Use them at every opportunity. Very responsive and on time.

Description of Work
Chris did outstanding work and the company got the part needed overnight & installed it the next day.

08/08/2017

Kathy B.

On time and did the work that was requested.

Description of Work
Replaced sensors.

08/01/2017

Natalie V.

Terrible customer service experience. Don't know how they actually perform on the job because they never came to my house.

Description of Work
I could never get them out to my house. I kept telling them I needed my garage door serviced, they said someone would come out next day or be in touch and I never heard from them. Call them back to complain, they said they'd send someone, never did again. Waste of time.

07/20/2017

Nick M.

Very Good experience. Chris was on time & discussed his observations & recommendations. He also gave me suggestions for DIY maintenance. Nice job.

Description of Work
Service garage doors & replace springs.

07/17/2017

Howard M.

On time. Gave price & performed service efficiently, inspected overall door performance and made adjustments.

Description of Work
Repair broken springs on garage door, align & maintenance in garage

07/02/2017

Vanessa M.

Came on time. Fixed the door promptly. Cleaned up. Great service.

Description of Work
Spring replacement.

07/02/2017

Karen K.

Came quickly - polite - friendly - great service. Problem fixed.

Description of Work
He fixed my garage door - it needed a spring balance. New it gears.

07/01/2017

Nick M.

Service went great. They showed up on time, worked efficiently, and didn't try to upsell me. I knew that I needed new springs, which they suggested and sold to me. I needed a couple other things, but he suggested that it was a repair I could do myself rather than spend the $$ he would change.

Description of Work
We needed 3 garage doors to be balanced and serviced.

06/27/2017

Brian M.

Purchased two "offers" online from Angie's list on 06/21/2017. Two torsion springs were installed on 06/22/2017. Chris arrived at my home, looked things over, and got to work. I have no complaints. Overall a great experience.

Description of Work
Replaced torsion spring on two garage doors.

05/30/2017

Rick S.

The technician was very knowledgeable and did an excellent job explaining the potential issues that may come up. Did the door tune up as requested.

Description of Work
Garage door tune up

05/23/2017

Tom K.

Mechanic arrived on time, repaired garage door, explained what he did. Very professional, very courteous, excellent service.

Description of Work
Rebuilt 16x7 door

05/22/2017

Richard B.

The technician arrived about four hours late. The service call charge was $85 and labor was $60 for about 15 minutes.

Description of Work
Our overhead door needed cables and springs adjusted

04/28/2017

Gail W.

Chris, the technician, was extremely prompt and showed up the same day I talked to them. He knows his stuff, and was super helpful and very nice. But it turned out my mechanical issue was just a matter of two sensor wires on the back of the unit being disconnected. Chris checked out the system, adjusted the safety setting on the door, reattached the wires, sprayed some WD40 in the track- and presto - I was told that my "safety inspection" had become an $85 "Service Call!" SURPRISE! At least I got credit for the $39 I paid for the special offer, but I'm not sure this was a service call for 2 wires. These guys are clearly knowledgeable, and at least I didn't have to buy a new unit, but I'm not giving them all "A"s because it still feels a little off.

Description of Work
Bought the $39 21-point garage door inspection as Angies List "special offer" because my garage door opener in rental townhome wasn't opening by wall switch.

03/04/2017

Robert A.

Chris is the technician that generally comes out to do the work. Chris is prompt and gets the work done quickly. I find him to be very helpful and he always gets to the service call quickly as well.

Description of Work
I've used Beltway Garage Doors a couple of times before. They were out today to fix a wheel that came off the runner. They'd previously replaced a motor on my garage door, and they've replaced the springs twice.

03/03/2017

Sandy Y.

The services were excellent. I have used them before and I was so pleased. He is reasonable, timely, professional, knowledgeable and cleans up everything. He took the time to explain how to use everything. I highly recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Installed new garage door opener,lubricated both garage door, installed, new tracks, motor, outdoor number pad, and supplied me with a remote.

03/02/2017

Doris M.

They were professional and very nice, I think they were priced fairly. More importantly, they came out right away. It was great.

Description of Work
I backed out of my garage and hit my door, and it wouldn't close. So it was an emergency call, and they were great because they were able to come out right away.

03/01/2017

Thaddeus W.

He is very thorough, he does very good work. I am very pleased and satisfied.

Description of Work
Installed garage door motor and did repair on another door.

10/09/2014

Langston C.

After going over my garage door for about 5 minutes I was told that I would need a new garage door, springs, track work, and all sorts of stuff. The original price quoted was $1299, however they gave me a deal of $999 and offered a payment plan. I had another company come to evaluate my problem and repair the garage door, and reprogram all of my remotes, to include the factory installed remote in the car for $130. It seemed that the focus was on getting me to buy a new garage door because I was told the one I had was not worth repairing. It was repaired, and is working fine.

Description of Work
Evaluated my garage door, gave a diagnoses, and said the door needed to be replaced.

08/30/2014

Jyoti J.

Oiled the rollers and springs and identified multiple upgrades that we could do.

Description of Work
Maintenance of garage door.

07/07/2014

robert M.

See the above statement. Not much more to add. There has not been a follow-up call from the company. Can I get a refund? I would like to use another Angie's List member.

Description of Work
The provider did not show up or call to re-schedule the original appointment. He did call the next day and indicated he would be in the area and could swing by at around 2pm. No one was home when he called, and there was no sign of Beltway when I arrived home at 2:10pm. I am very disappointed in the lack of professionalism. I want my money back. Angie's List has provided me with very strong contractors -- this one should be taken off the list.

Category garage doors

Dear Mr. [removed member name], This is Mark from Beltway garage doors. We have performed multiple attempts and have not gotten a response. On the 27 our tech was in the area, called to verify if you were home, and no one picked up. The next morning we called and rescheduled you for saturday the 28th at 2pm, our tech came out none answered at the home, we called and no one answered. That monday the 30th our office manager called and no one answered. She called again on thursday before 4th of july and no one answered. I just called again and no one answered. The number we have, which you provided is [removed member info]. I know that you are a reasonable person and I want to help all of my customers. We have been trying to get a hold of you. I just saw you posted a negative review and feel it was unfairly posted. If we cannot contact get ahold of our customers there is no way for us to get something on the schedule. I want to help you and feel you have been taken care of. We would be happy to come out, but need a contact number where we can reach you. If you would like to return the big deal please call angies list at 1-888-944-5478 and request a refund. I appreciate your response and hope that we can help in anything you need. sincerely, Mark Cieplak Owner 301-877-1500

Garage Design Source

Garage Design Source is the premier provider flooring, storage and door solutions for your garage and basement. We are a an authorized Gorgeous Garage dealer, offering custom cabinets, overhead racks, shelving and the Monkey Bars storage system. We proudly serve the Northern Virginia, DC metro and outlying areas. We offer a lifetime warranty for both flooring and storage, backed since 2004. We are an independent, owner operated company with full time employees and pride ourselves on top notch customer service. Contact us for your free in-home consultation and let Garage Design Source help you upgrade your garage floor, storage and door.

Offers by Garage Design Source on Angi
    Williamson Best Garage Doors

Hassle Free Home Improvements, Inc

High quality full scale home remodeling; many good references and testimonials; skilled employees, including master carpenters and tile setters. Occasionally use reliable and professional subs when needed. Kitchen and bath design center & showroom located at 26218 Ridge Road, Damascus, MD 20872. Factory direct dealer for several cabinet lines. Lots of cabinet, counter top, and tile samples in showroom. In-house kitchen design services. Cost of work is determined by the job. Travel charges only on small jobs. Free estimates. Licensed and insured. May contact by email. 5% Angie's List discount on all jobs.

Award 2022

Visa, MasterCard, Check, Discover, PayPal, Financing Available

We provide garage door opener and spring installations, garage door opener and spring repairs, and garage door opener and spring replacement services. Our company serves customers in Potomac, Great Falls, Mclean, Alexandria, Fairfax, Reston, Gaithersburg, Bethesda, and throughout the Arlington, VA and DC areas.