Bargain Movers

Founded 1982 • With Angi since August 2011

2022 Super Service Award! Previous Winner 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, and 2012. Bargain Movers is one of the trusted local companies helping relocate families throughout the Maryland, Virginia and Washington DC area. We have provided high quality service to our clients for over 3 decades. Our goal is simple; assist our customers in creating a stress free local or long distance move customized to fit both their needs & budgetary requirements. We recognize that job of relocating families and companies involves much more than just moving furniture. It’s understanding that an individual's possessions represent some of their most valued assets. Therefore our employees are extremely careful, respectful and understanding of our client's needs. As we pride ourselves on up-holding these values, we have built a strong and loyal client base for over 40 years. We look forward to moving you!

2022 Super Service Award

Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español

...

Amenities

Federal
US Department of Transportation Motor Carriers
01/01/2099
All statements concerning insurance, licenses, and bonds are informational only, and are self-reported. Since insurance, licenses and bonds can expire and can be cancelled, homeowners should always check such information for themselves. To find more licensing information for your state, visit our Find Licensing Requirements page. Contact pro for more details.

movers (249)piano movers (4)
Judy Q.
12/22/2022
Bargain movers helped us move out of our home of 35-years and placed our household goods in storage while we await awaited the completion of our new home under construction. The move coordinator, Victor, met with us, walked through our home, offered us suggestions regarding "pre-packing" and also provided boxes and packing materials at no charge. This helped us to get started, down-size and distribute our unneeded possessions to family, friends or charities. Victor was very professional, knowledgeable and offered insightful suggestions that helped us greatly for preparing for this move. He and his team checked in with us prior to move day on more than one occasion, also. On move day, an organized team of 3 movers arrived and commenced with pre-packing items that we could not handle, such as artwork, mirrors and disassembling furniture. The move team was prompt, professional, friendly and often asked us preferences for how to pack certain items and how to label the boxes. On the second move day, the same 3 movers arrived from the day before, and 3 additional staff who then began to actually load two 26-foot moving trucks. They worked tirelessly, were careful about not nicking walls or stairs and cleared our entire house by about 5:00PM and then were headed to the storage units to unload the two trucks. All-on-all, the moving team of 6 persons was well-organized, professional, knowledgeable, respectful of our house and grounds. They had a dedicated team leader who made sure all team members performed efficiently and got the work done. Moving is a difficult experience, and Bargain Movers certainly eased much of our concerns. I would definitely recommend them to anyone for moving household goods.
Description of Work
Moving household goods into storage from a 2,600 SF family home which had been occupied by one family for 35-years.
$9,500
Dale C.
12/19/2022
This was one of the best moves I've experienced, and I move a lot! The Willy-Arsenio=James team was an experienced, thoughtful, and in-charge in ways that went beyond my expectations. Will use again without a thought.
Description of Work
Heavy furniture was moved from one building to another nearby.
George F.
08/26/2022
We were moving from a two-bedroom condo to a private residence. We packed our own belongings. The preparatory phase was handled very courteously and professionally. Our furniture and stuff was picked up on a Monday morning in MD and delivered the next day in MA by the same three-member crew. Our crew members worked extremely hard and very efficiently at both end. Not only did they do an excellent job, they were very personable and helpful, understanding the unavoidable stress of moving and working with us on placement. Absolutely nothing got damaged in the move. We are completely satisfied and highly recommend Bargain Movers.
Description of Work
Move from Bethesda, MD to Cape Cod, MA
Brigitte S.
08/12/2022
We used " Bargain Movers" for a dreaded, complicated local move! We could not have been more pleased with our experience. It started from the moment we reached out to the company to " inquire" about their services. Martina, in a CB professional but friendly manner directed us to Victor, from the operational team. Victor was extremely courteous and patiently answered thoroughly all my questions.... He never pressured me to sign up but had a gentle follow up on our original conversation! His "quote" was precise and very fair! On the day of the move, the actual moving team was led by Will. Will was very professional, kind, supportive and extremely helpful as was his team members. Will directed his team very efficiently! They packed up…… and unpacked in the new location swiftly and perfectly! We highly recommend them!
Description of Work
Complicated local move
Dennis H.
06/06/2022
The move was incredible smooth, and the team was so helpful and easy going. It took so much stress out of the process, and their rates were very reasonable. Luis was great to work with for planning and organizing the move, and our crew of Jose G., Alvin, Arsenio, Ricardo and Selvin were all the best.
Description of Work
Moving from house to storage
Myra T.
03/05/2022
The crew was very professional and very careful with our possessions. Everyone including Luis the owner and Martina the admin were easy to work with. Moving can be very stressful, but they took the stress out of it. I would highly recommend Bargain Movers.
Description of Work
We moved from our house in Kensington, MD to a condo in DC
$4,000
Laurie D.
02/24/2022
They did a terrific job and their price was extremely fair. They were very organized and everything went well from beginning to end. I would highly recommend them and I would definitely hire them again.
Description of Work
They did a move for me.
Gordana V.
08/19/2021
Bargain Movers did a wonderful job with our recent move from Kensington, MD to Rockville, MD. The crew, Will G., Will Jr., Alvin, and Max, were fast and professional. We were told that they would show up between 8:00 - 9:00 AM....and they showed up at exactly 8:15 AM. The move from a 2-level single family home to a 3-level townhome took less than 3 hours. We moved on August 13th, which was one of the hottest days of this year so far (feel-like temp was 105). The guys deserve extra kudos for doing all that hard work under those conditions!!! I was in awe at how they carried our huge sofa up a narrow flight of stairs. No damaged walls, no scratches, no damaged furniture. AND the final cost was $400 less than what was initially quoted! Can't beat that! Also, a big thank you to Martina (admin) and Luis (owner) for being so helpful and responsive! Two days after our move, we noticed that a milk crate with some items in it was missing. We emailed Martina and she responded right away that Luis would check on the missing crate. Luis called us a couple of hours later to tell us that he found the crate. As it happens, the crew uses black milk crates to transport their tape, rope, etc., so they didn't see it right away when they were unloading. That same afternoon, Luis stopped by and brought us the missing crate. I highly recommend Bargain Movers! Don't be fooled by the name. In this case, you will get a bargain AND quality!
Description of Work
Moving from Single Family Home to Townhome
$900
Jonathan L.
08/04/2021
Three things stand out from my experience with Bargain Movers: 1. One of Bargain Movers' competitors recommended their services to me (their competitor wasn't available to move on the day I requested, which is why they made the recommendation). You know you're good at what you do when even your competitors are comfortable recommending you. 2. In keeping with their name, their hourly rate was about $70 less than the other moving companies from which I requested quotes. Moreover, they gave me suggestions on how to cut my moving costs even further, which put me at ease because I knew they weren't trying to run up the price on me. 3. Their movers were phenomenal. They were exceedingly polite, highly efficient, and delivered everything undamaged. I had them move a piece of exercise equipment down to my basement office, but after they had already left, l decided l wanted it in the garage. My dad and l had to partially disassemble it and take the door off to move it, yet Bargain's movers somehow got it through a tight space without disassembling it or making a single mark on the wall or the piece of equipment! If you want a move done right and at an affordable price, be sure to call Bargain Movers!
Description of Work
Residential Move
Mike E.
07/14/2021
We had last minute help packing on a Monday. Then we just finished our pack and load at our former residence in Maryland on Tuesday. Then the next day the crew delivered our furnishings to Pennsylvania on Wednesday. They are very good at what they do and they have the best attitude. Willie and Raul were with us for 3 days and the last two days they were joined by Jose, Selvin and Israel. They have moved our furnishings twice in a year. I can't say enough how helpful & knowledgeable they are. The value of the experience measuring price, quality and attitude are really amazing. The leader Lou is also very professional and knows his business. There is a reason this family owned business continues to have such high satisfaction. Thanks Bargain Movers!
Description of Work
Packing/Loading/Delivering furnishings
$8,000
Daria H.
12/24/2020
Bargain movers was professional and courteous. They showed up on time, took care with my personal items and protected my home throughout the move. The team Will, Willy, Ravion, Juan and Alvin were great. I'd hire again.
Description of Work
Full house move - local
Richard N.
11/28/2020
These movers are *top notch*! I would hire them every time! (I hired them twice so far.) Great communication with customers. They ask insightful questions about your move. They anticipate needs. They are flexible with scheduling and work on Saturdays. They charge only what packing materials they use. Their mover crew is fast, respectful, professional, and just great to work with. They are detail-oriented in ways that were a pleasant surprise. I've worked with a LOT of movers in the past twenty years. Bargain Movers is the best.
Description of Work
Moving from townhouse to apartment, then from apartment to house
$1,200
Hire Again?

WOW! I can't thank you enough for sharing your experience with us! This is what we aim for each and every time! Thanks again for coming back to us and enjoy your new home :)
Robert E.
11/19/2020
;Don't let the name make you think cut rate and sloppy becauseI can't recommend Bargain Movers enough. They were professional and responsive during each step: initial contact, quote based on my move, follow up before the move, showed up on time, took care of my stuff, finished much faster than I would have expected. Hire this company; they will not disappoint!
Description of Work
Moving a one bedroom apartment
$795
Hire Again?

Thank you! Yes, we get the name doesn't match the experience often :) So glad you had a great experience with us and thank you for taking the time to share. Enjoy your new home and please let us know if there is anything you need in the future!
Bill C.
11/16/2020
Bargain movers did a fantastic job. They were hardworking and efficient. They did a great job reassembling items that required putting back together. They were very accomodating and easy to work with. I would highly recommend them.
Description of Work
Move out of our house into a new house
$5,500
Hire Again?

Thank you for the feedback, we truly appreciate you taking the time. It was a pleasure working with you and please let us know if there is anything we can help with int he future!
Nikki P.
09/09/2020
I’ve been a client of Bargain Movers since at least 2016. They’ve moved me at least 3 times and I’ve always been quite pleased with the level of service and communication, professionalism, and efficiency and friendliness of the office and moving staff. Bargain Movers is my go-to choice when I require moving services - I trust them and know they’ll take care of my personal belongings. I’ll be calling them for another move in 2021 and I highly recommend Bargain Movers.
Description of Work
Moving and storage
$3,400
Hire Again?

Thank you! We love to be the "go to choice for movers"! We appreciate your loyal business and here when you need us. Thanks again and we'll see you in 2021 :)
Graham R.
09/08/2020
I had a very mixed experience with bargain movers. They were very professional on the phone and worked with me through some schedule changes. However, on move day there were some issues. Some of my furniture was wrapped carefully and came out fine, but several pieces were not; my kitchen table ended up with some fairly large dents in the top. The worst part is that I left a blanket to cover the table, but they didn't use it; they also covered the table with boxes and rushed the final check. I guess it's my fault for signing off without inspecting the table surface, but I was expecting to need to go over everything. My movers seemed to be rushing despite the fact that they charged for three hours and had about an hour left over at the end--they really didn't need to rush and could have taken better care of my stuff. Finally, my crew had a habit of taking their masks off a lot, even after being reminded a few times. I tried to tell them that they could go more slowly, but they kept rushing and getting out of breath, then taking off their masks.

Review for Bargain Movers - 7579 Rickenbacker Dr, Gaithersburg, MD - 38859285Review for Bargain Movers - 7579 Rickenbacker Dr, Gaithersburg, MD - 38859285Review for Bargain Movers - 7579 Rickenbacker Dr, Gaithersburg, MD - 38859285
Description of Work
Moving (local)
$500

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We strive to hit on all cylinders everyday however sometimes we may miss the mark. I appreciate the opportunity given to make this right and glad it was resolved in the end. Thanks again!
Harry L.
09/02/2020
They showed up on time, honored their cost estimate and thoroughly protected furnishings. The workers were courteous, pleasant, and flexible.
Description of Work
Move household from Rockville MD to Gaithersburg, MD. We packed our own things.
$1,600
Hire Again?

Thank you! It's nice to hear the crew was courteous and pleasant :) Please let us know if there is anything we can help with in the future.
JoAnn H.
08/27/2020
It was fantastic! Bargain Movers showed up on time, worked hard all day and finished right on time. They were kind, considerate of our stuff and, not a single nick on any of the walls! The crew that we had were very professional and never once complained when we asked for things to be moved to a different room, floor, or even taken back off the truck. Whatever we asked, they kindly helped in doing anything we needed. I would absolutely recommend this group to anyone who needs to move!
Description of Work
Move from our house.
Hire Again?

Woohoo we love fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! We hope you enjoy your new home and please let us know if there is anything we can help with in the future!
Patrick K.
08/13/2020
What a great experience with Bargain Movers. They arrived 5mins before the scheduled time, and could not have been more courteous and accommodating. Love the way everything was wrapped, so even the pieces going to storage have extra protection. They were very efficient and business-like, and as a result, the move took an hour less than estimated, so the cost was even less than anticipated. Does it get better! I am moving again in a year and will be using Bargain Movers - and the same crew (Jose and team) again for sure.
Description of Work
Local move
Hire Again?

Wow! We like great experiences! Thanks so much for sharing this with us. Let us know when you're ready for the 2nd leg of your move and we'll send Jose and team back out for you. Thanks again!
Debbie Q.
07/06/2020
Don't let the name full you! Bargain Movers may have bargain prices but definitely not bargain service or quality. I was very pleased with Bargain Movers for my recent move. From the first contact to the last they were very personable, helpful, and did a great job with the actual move. Due to COVID, Luis did a virtual walkthrough of my home in order to provide an estimate. The process was easy and went smoothly, and Luis was very patient with my numerous questions during the walkthrough. The estimate was good value compared to other estimates I received. I had several followup questions and both Luis and Martina were very responsive and helpful. Luis was also very helpful in figuring out how to get a large number of my boxes into a storage facility, and in recommending a storage facility and also a post move junk removal company. Both turned out to be excellent recommendations. Luis was also very patient and helpful with the additional regulations that existed at my new place for moving during COVID. The movers were at my home for two days - first day doing some packing and taking some of my stuff to the storage facility, and the second day was the actual move. The movers were very nice and friendly and did an excellent job packing and moving. They were very careful and every piece of furniture was wrapped or covered. So far I have not discovered anything damaged. All in all, I was very pleased with Bargain Movers and highly recommend them.
Description of Work
Packing and Moving
Hire Again?

Thank you so much for the detailed review! Very much appreciated :) So happy you had a great experience with us. Please let us know if there is anything we can help with in the future!
culin T.
06/24/2020
My wife and I were beyond impressed with the professionalism of the office team and the moving crew. We were working on tight timelines to get our house packed up and on the market, so it was a very stressful time. The team from BM were always right there to solve problems for us and ease our stress. We will recommend Bargain Movers to all of our friends.

Review for Bargain Movers - 7579 Rickenbacker Dr, Gaithersburg, MD - 38674881
Description of Work
Move 6,000 Sq Foot Potomac Home into Storage and Back out Again
$4,500
Hire Again?

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! We appreciate the opportunity to help in your relocation needs. Please let us know if there is anything you need in the future.
Maurisha M.
05/07/2020
My move went very smoothly. The movers were punctual, didn’t waste time, and got the job done with the estimated window. Fees were transparent. Would hire again.
Description of Work
Local Move
$600
Hire Again?

Thank you for the feedback! We appreciate your business and opportunity to work with you.
Kimberly C.
11/20/2019
Our company needed to move to our new location and I had received quotes from at least 3 different other moving companies. Well Bargain Movers had the lowest price so I decided to choose them. From the time I agreed to go with Bargain Movers they stayed in contact with me before the move, doing the move, and after the move. I had no worries and they made moving easy. I can't believe I just said moving and easy in the same sentence. But its true. They dis-assemble everything and then re-assemble at the new location. I literally did not have to work about anything. The moving guys were extremely professional and friendly. I usually don't write reviews but this one was well deserved and worth my time. I would definitely recommend them.
Description of Work
Office Move
Hire Again?

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! Happy we were able to get your staff into your new office without a hitch. Thanks again and please let us know if there is anything we can help with in the future.
Katherine W.
09/19/2019
It went very smoothly, the movers arrived on time, were careful with my items, wrapped all furniture and loaded it. Settlement on my new home was postponed and Bargain Movers was responsive and helpful in assisting me with the delay, putting my items into storage. Move in was great; the entire house was reviewed prior to unloading, so the movers knew exactly to which floor/room items were to be placed.
Description of Work
I needed my self-packed boxes and furniture moved from Calvert Co. to Anne Arundel Co.
Hire Again?

Thank you so much for the great feedback! We understand all moves don't go accordingly to plan and happy we were able to find a solution for you. Thanks again fro coming back to us for your moving needs and enjoy your new home!
Claudia C.
08/22/2019
I have used them twice now and had a great experience. The moving team was awesome ! I couldn’t have asked for a better experience. The executed the move with precision and was very careful. I highly recommend them.
Description of Work
Moving boxes and furnitures
Hire Again?

Thank you for coming back to us for another move! We truly appreciate our return customers :) Happy you had another great experience with us and please let us know if there is anything you need int he future.

Phone

7579 Rickenbacker Dr

Gaithersburg, MD 20879

Website

Other Information

Services offered

We are a full service moving company providing packing and storage services as well. We can also help you load or unload trucks/pods. We provide residential and commercial relocation services.

Payment options