We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

Alfaro's Tree Expert

Founded 2004 • With Angi since January 2009

PO Box 83802

Gaithersburg, MD 20883

Removing & cutting trees, especially large trees, could be a dangerous task. Let the PRO’s handle all your tree removal needs. We specialize in the removal of your unwanted and unhealthy trees, stumps and surface roots. We approach each job in a professional and safe manner. Each job presents its own unique set of challenges. Tree cutting is a high risk field and the safety of our client and our staff is a top priority. We use modern up to date processes and safety equipment to get the job done professionally and safely, every time. Call us today for a free quote. All activities fully insured for every possible risk. We service all Maryland, Washington DC and Virginia...

11/05/2021

James H.

Fidel promptly came out for an estimate. The office staff was very pleasant and we were able to schedule the work quickly, within a few weeks. The crew showed up on time and were very polite and professional. There were 4 of them, they had the right equipment, and they completed the job efficiently. Fidel came by early, while they were working, and again later, after the job was done. I asked if he could have the crew come back to take off some more branches that were hanging into a neighbor's yard, and he did not hesitate to send them back the next day to finish the job to my satisfaction. I have used Alfaro's before and look forward to using them again, they do great work and provide excellent customer service.

Description of Work
Removal of one large tree, Trimming of 8 other large trees

08/25/2021

Eser T.

Alfaro's raised and trimmed several large trees and removed 6 trees for us. Almost every tree in our yard (total of 20 trees) was trimmed. They did a nice job. I liked their customer service. For example, after the estimate I had questions. They came in person to answer my questions and revised the estimate based on that. During the job they were receptive to my suggestions. In one area there were six maple trees very close to each other. They removed three of them and trimmed the rest. Also, removed two dead pines in the same area. This area looks vey nice now.

Description of Work
Removed several trees and trimmed several trees

06/18/2021

Howard S.

June 2021. I had a huge dying tree. These people responded very quickly. They gave a very reasonable price ( I got 3 bids). They came right on time. They took this giant tree down in a few hours. They damaged nothing in my yard/fencing. They were very nice. A+ service. Id use them again anytime. hsachs@starpower.net. Chevy Chase Md.

Description of Work
removal of very large tree from yard

Category fencing, tree service

07/31/2020

James H.

I needed a large, storm-damaged tree removed from my property, including a large branch that fell on my neighbor's property. Fidel returned my call within minutes and had his crew come out within 2 hours. They were very professional and efficient in taking down the tree safely, removing all debris, and cleaning up. With a 5-man crew, the job went quickly. I would definitely use them again

Description of Work
needed a very large damaged tree removed

06/11/2020

John L.

This is the third time (every 3-4 years) that we have used Alfaro's Tree Expert for the trees on our property. We have always found them to be reasonably priced and professional and they do an excellent job. We will use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Tree cleanup and removal

Category fencing, tree service

06/09/2020

Madeleine S.

Hire Fidel Alfaro and his team! In May 2020, Alfaro’s Tree Experts removed a giant, double-trunk oak tree that was dying in my backyard. Mr. Alfaro owns his own crane and operated it skillfully to remove it. It was a challenging job as everything had to be lifted over my house to the street. His team did beautiful work, carefully prepping by removing a fence panel to position the crane (and it was replaced like it had never been removed), and clearing all the branches and sawdust from my lawn in the back after they finished. The team stayed until dark to get the job done as rain was predicted the next day. They returned the next week to grind the stump, lay topsoil and grass seed. My backyard now looks like there was never a tree there. Fantastic work!! This was the second time I hired Alfaro’s Tree Expert to take care of my trees. Both times he came to my house himself for the estimate, talked through what he thought would work well for my situation and then his estimate was the most reasonable of all the companies I interviewed. He and his team are professional, hard working, and all around pleasant to work with.

Description of Work
Large Tree Removal, Stump Removal, Reseeding

10/18/2019

Marsha F.

Everything went well except for the trimming of the Cherry Laurel bushes that were cut too much off the top and now I won't have any spring blooms of the white flowers now. The edging, the laiding of the rock and cleaning up the bed with mulch I provided was great and these guys did an awesome job on this. I still need to purchase some plants on where the Holly Tree was and one other space in the front as well . Therefore, I need to have them come back to do the planting and paid them the balance.

Description of Work
Trimming of bushes. Removal of a holly tree with stump. Edging in the back around the half moon garden. Laid Black turf and added 6 bags of 1/4' Marble rock ( I had already purchased) between the fence and the lattice fencing that is along the steps of the deck.

10/16/2019

Cecilia S.

It went very well. While the crew was not able to arrive as early as they hoped the first day of the project, they arrived in the afternoon and started working. We had an old-growth oak tree in our backyard that was near the fence of our neighbor that is directly behind us. Fidel Alfaro, the owner/operator, went to the neighbor and asked if they could use their driveway and yard to get to the tree as it would make removal easier for everyone. The neighbor said yes, so the crew took out one part of the fence to get to the tree. The company owns it's own crane so they can efficiently remove a tree or top it. They began by topping the big branches on the top and removing them with the crane. This was actually pretty safe as the branches are secured and can't just fall anywhere. Then they cut the tree down a bit more, finally cutting it at the bottom and knocking it carefully onto the ground. They cut up the remaining piece of tree and removed it. They returned the next day to grind down the stump and then repair the fence section they removed. It all went very well and we felt it was a good price since it was such a big tree. They suggested leaving the wood chips from the stump to use as mulch (it also reduced the fee since they didn't have to clean it up!) which we thought was a good idea. We will hire them again as we will have trees that need trimming next year. I have to say I admire the positive attitude of Fidel Alfaro. Where another tree company saw problems and issues, he saw solutions. He is proactive too -- while working on a tree job for a neighbor down the street he saw that our tree was dead and stopped by to offer a bid. I hired him on the spot!

Description of Work
Removal of dead old-growth oak tree and stump

08/06/2019

Erik D.

It went great -- great price, fast estimate, quick, clean work. The trees were HUGE and they handled it like pros. I would definitely recommend them again.

Description of Work
Take down one giant oak and trim back two others

07/09/2019

Chuck T.

Alfaro provided a professional removal quote. Crew was on time, completed job and cleaned up all areas. I have young children and was very happy with attention to detail. I will use them again.

Description of Work
Removed several trees from my home.

05/02/2019

Terence B.

This went very well. Unfortunately I have had to pay to have large trees removed from my property before. Therefore I know from experience that this work is expensive and dangerous. I also know that prices for work can vary widely so it pays to get bids. I got four, including one from Alfaro's who had removed a large dying oak from property a couple years ago. They did a great job with that difficult project and they were by far the low bidder on that one. They were not the lowest price this time around but were far cheaper than two of the other bids and close enough to the lowest that I chose them again for this job because as the pictures show it was a very tricky one. For my peace of mind I decided to go with known quality even though it cost me a little bit more. Even so I watched the work for the many hours it took to remove this large dying oak inches from my house. Fidel Alfaro supervised his crew closely and they took great care to remove the enormous tree safely without any damage to my house and without any injuries to the crew. Afterwords, they cleaned up the property, even getting the sawdust off my roof. While I hope I will not need Alfaro's services again soon (I only have 2 mature trees left) I will not hesitate to recommend Alfaro's Tree Experts to family and friends. They do great work, they are professional and Alfaro is great to work with.

Description of Work
Remove a large oak tree (over 115 feet) extremely close to house and grind stump.

05/01/2019

BRUNO C.

The team work very well and did an outstanding job

Description of Work
Remove two big Tulip poplar trees

04/26/2019

RAYNARD W.

It went excellent. They exactly on time and worked diligently until the tree was removed. The second crew came later to grind down the stump and put down topsoil and seed. The sump discharge was damaged during the root removal and a crew member returned the next day to make the repair. I was not home so pictures were taken of the repair. Alfaro's did a great job cutting down the tree, grinding out the stump and roots, and putting down topsoil and seed. I would highly recommend them for tree work.

Description of Work
I had a very large oak tree removed

04/18/2019

Chris M.

I found Alfaro's Tree Experts while searching for a tree cutter and ended up receiving several estimates. Alfaro's estimate was done in person where he left his write up on my front door and annotated the charges and work to be done to my satisfaction. After speaking with him on the phone and answering some last questions I felt comfortable enough to hire him. Alfaro's crew appeared soon after and cut down my tree, pulled out the stump and his crew finished off by digging into the ground and pulling out all the roots they could find. As requested, his crew laid soil and grass seeds onto the ground for a new spring spread where the tree once stood.

Description of Work
I need a tree, stump, and roots removed along with soil and gras seeds planted.

03/04/2019

Carrie T.

Excellent! Fidel responded and came by to give an estimate. He was professional and kind. We needed the job done quickly since we were selling our house and he had a team come out the next day. They did a great job. I highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Trees trimmed off of roof

12/02/2018

Jioann I.

Never hired, Set appt time for estiment. Called he was running late. Supposed to come afternoon. Came about 7:00 pm, sat in vehicle on phone. Finally after being approached he came up the driveway. No apology, seemed rushed. Would never hire. Price also too high for two limbs.

Description of Work
Needed limbs cut

11/19/2018

Gloria T.

He does an excellent job! He is very responsive answering every time I call. I will recommend and continue to use his services.

Description of Work
Tree Service

08/27/2018

Bill A.

I was amazed at how they removed the tree in such an orderly fashion, and how quickly they were able to remove it and clean up.

Description of Work
Removal of a large maple tree in a very confined space.

08/27/2018

Melanie M.

Outstanding. We just keep calling them. It's gotten to the point we don't call anyone else, just Alfaro's. We highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Had a tree cut down and removed. Also a downed tree cut up and removed, yard cleaned up

Category lawn service, tree service

07/29/2018

Jason S.

They were on-time, efficient, and did a fantastic job.

Description of Work
Tree trimming

07/26/2018

Danny G.

The job went very well. A branch from the dead tree did damage a fence when it came down, but Alfaro’s is getting a replacement fence section to make that repair. Accidents happen!

Description of Work
Remove two trees (1 of which was dead).

07/19/2018

Victor S.

They were professional and did a good job. The owner is easy to work with, but the work crew has very limited English. You should confirm with the crew when they arrive that the job was communicated correctly - they almost took out the wrong tree. Also, make sure you specify that they need to take the wood chips from the stump grinding with them when you get your quote. I had thought it was included, and it wasn't; now I have a LOT of wood chips and no use for them. Overall, I was happy with their service, the price was competitive, and I will use them again.

Description of Work
Removed two trees, stump grinding, and tree pruninging.

07/14/2018

Robyn G.

After the wind storm earlier this year, a tree went down in our yard. We got quotes from a ton of companies, and Alfaro's was the promptest, friendliest, and most affordable - and they did fabulous work. They did a great job removing the fallen tree, and cutting down another. Their work was fast and they cleaned up after. We would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Tree Removal

06/01/2018

Ashley N.

Fidel and his crew did an excellent job removing a large tree from my back yard as well as trimming branches on a couple of trees out front. His pricing was fair and his crew did a great job. I was very pleased and would use them again.

Description of Work
Tree removal and tree trimming

04/30/2018

Marsha F.

I hired them back in April and they have never show up. They had done some work in the past and were very good and professional.

Description of Work
Trim Holly and bushes

Envirogrow

Envirogrow Lawn & Landscape is a full service residential and commercial maintenance company serving the Northern Virginia Area. We have been in business for over twenty years. Envirogrow is fully insured and has a Class A Virginia Contractors License. Our crews are uniformed, well trained and each crew is overseen by an English speaking supervisor. Chemical and pesticide applicators are certified by the state of Virginia. The office staff is courteous and responsive to a client’s needs. We perform all levels of maintenance from a simple weekly or biweekly lawn mowing to full service twelve month turnkey maintenance plans. Landscape enhancements, new plantings and annual flowers are an integral part of our service business.

Offers by Envirogrow on Angi
    MLS Welding & Repair

MLS Welding & Repair is your first choice for all of your welding needs. With over 12 years experience, we've seen it all. We take pride in our professionalism, and timeliness. Call us today! We look forward to working with you for years to come!

Bartz Landscaping

Our Mission at Bartz Landscaping is to design, build, and maintain Outdoor Living Spaces and Scenery to create Timeless Memories for our Clients. Bartz Landscaping is a customer-centric organization that fulfills their daily operations and mission with the Utmost Care and Attention-To-Detail for our Customers. We believe that we will accomplish our Goals and Targets- by helping our Customers, Vendors, Staff, and Community in accomplishing Their Goals and Targets. Bartz Landscaping is specialized and exhibits their talents through Pool & Spa Building, Landscaping, Hardscaping & Masonry, Drainage Solutions, and Horticulture. Sean Bartz, Founder & Owner, can be found providing solutions, coaching and developing the Team, helping our Clients, and Sharing Smiles & Positivity. MHIC #137028. MDA- F1170

Offers by Bartz Landscaping on Angi