Academy Locksmith

Founded 1986 • With Angi since March 2005

18506 Goshen Rd

Gaithersburg, MD 20879

SAME DAY SERVICE! Mention "Angie's List" for a 10% Discount! At ACADEMY LOCKSMITHS, our goal has always been to ensure the complete satisfaction of every customer, while offering friendly service at affordable rates. ACADEMY LOCKSMITHS is ready at a moment’s notice to change locks on homes and

01/02/2020

John W.

I was grateful that Robert arrived quickly when contacted on Jan 1 and helped me gain entry into my home.

Description of Work
I am happy to be back inside my locked home

01/17/2019

Samara V.

The job did not start/begin. I scheduled an appoint with Robert who showed up on time. He looked at the lock set for my newly installed pocket door and determined he did not have the right tools with him to do the repair. He said he was going home to see if he had the tool at home and would reach back out to me later that day. I gave him a few hours before sending him a message asking if he had the tools to do my repair. That was a few weeks ago... I still have not heard back from Robert. Because of this, I do not recommend this company. There is no followup with the customer.

Description of Work
I needed a pocket door lock installed.

Category locksmith

This was an unusual sort of door and it required a special lock. I could not find a lock that would work. So I said I could not do the job. It took time for me to look for the lock.

01/04/2019

Jade B.

Robert Busby was courteous from "Hello" when I called him. He responded immediately and showed up within the time frame he stated. Mr. Busby is very cordial and personable. Got right to work and didn't mind me watching while he worked. It was comforting to know he is local and have been in the business for more than 30 years. Mr. Busby knows his craft and does it professionally; quality work. His rate is commensurate to the results. Excellent service, superb craftsmanship, and an honest businessman! I support small businesses. I would call him for future locksmith needs.

Description of Work
front and back doors; replaced cylinders, replaced entire back door knob/lock assembly and added a deadbolt, keyed all locks with one key

08/03/2018

Dustin F.

Fast & professional service (replacing a deadbolt lock) -- highly recommended

Description of Work
replace deadbolt lock

10/25/2017

Amy I.

Mr Busby was professional, prompt and polite and worked with me to ensure I got the best deal and best possible price in my situation. I do need to make sure my Angie’s List coupon and services were charged properly but that’s just me making sure after I write review. Should have done that first (!) but I’m almost positive he did billing properly. My math skills aren’t the best I’m sure if I find any problem it will be taken care of promptly if I contact him

Description of Work
I’m involved in a domestic abuse/landlord tenant affairs case in Montgomery County MD with stalking and harassment, fraud and narcotics violations involving not only my stalker but several neighbors also stalking me and aiding my abuser so this has been a living nightmare. Robert Busby as noted in several Angie’s List reviews came highly reviewed and I purchased my discount price

09/13/2017

LaTanya R.

The work was done professionally and the craftsmanship was good. My only issue was that the price was not communicated clearly up front. We were quoted a price for several locks only to find that the price was doubled when the locksmith showed up on site. He explained that he is charging not only for the lock, but also for the latch side of the door. Due to the urgency and the time already spent coordinating the replacements, we decided to proceed with the new higher price. I dont know if this was a simple accident or a price gouging technique but it didnt feel good.

Description of Work
We needed to replace several locks on my home.

08/14/2017

Ronald L.

He responded immediately to our call. Came the next day, exactly as scheduled. He had all of the parts he needed, installed them quickly. He fixed a problem we've had with one of the doors for a number of years, and didn't charge us extra.

Description of Work
We had a number of door locks replaced.

08/11/2017

Rebecca G.

Robert was extremely helpful and rekeyed the locks for me. He was able to come the next day (he was available that day actually but I wasn't). He showed up on time and was very polite. I will be recommending him to my realtor and to anyone else who needs service in the area.

Description of Work
I bought a house and needed to get the locks changed for the front and patio door.

05/18/2017

Jill K.

Excellent service - prompt, thorough, and professional. I would definitely recommend him and hire him again.

Description of Work
I needed a door opened and locks replaced.

04/04/2017

Patrick I.

Excellent- my highest rating possible. Fast, Fair. Neat. Clean. And they made it easy on me.

Description of Work
Needed a broken lock replaced. Academy did it quick (w/in two hours of my initial call), for a very fair price, and I did it all over the phone (!) You don't get better service than this, folks.

03/08/2017

Paul N.

Called in the morning and he was able to come that afternoon. Work was finished in an hour and well done.

Description of Work
Robert re keyed 3 locks for us.

06/20/2016

David C.

Robert was prompt and on-time for the appointment i made to change two locks in my new condo.

Description of Work
Re-keyed two locks.

04/07/2016

Bridget H.

I just moved and needed the doors in my home re-keyed. Robert was very punctual, friendly and professional. He reviewed everything that needed to be done before he began. He was also able to make copies of each key for me on the spot.

Description of Work
Re-keyed all doors in my home.

04/02/2016

Amy F.

Mr. Busby was on time, was helpful in advising me and performed the work quickly and professionally. Would definitely use him again!

Description of Work
Changed 10 locks and rekeyed 3.

03/17/2016

Deborah K.

Mr. Busby was easily accessible by phone, showed up when he said he would, was professional and personable, and did the work requested. I would use Academy Locksmiths again.

Description of Work
Rekeyed and changed locks.

11/06/2015

Joy S.

He seemed to be amused and said he'll get there. This was the third appointment he did not get to. I told him this was his last chance. The appointment was for 11:00 am. At 11:30 I called him and told him not to bother. I waited for him all day yesterday and I was not going to make the same mistake today. His response was to laugh and say "I'll get there." I told him not to bother.

Description of Work
Made several appointments. He did not show up and did not call.

10/14/2015

Elizabeth C.

It was such a nice, smooth easy experience. He was quick and efficient!

Description of Work
He provided 4 new door locks keyed alike

05/19/2015

Patricia _ Ron B.

Very well. No issues.

Description of Work
House key broke in the lock and could not enter the house. Repaired the lock and generated new keys.

03/17/2015

Connie D.

Robert was very responsive and arrived at our house within an hour of our first call to him. He stayed for several hours working on our locks. He had to leave later in the day and he returned the next morning to complete the installation of the new locks. He was very polite, punctual, and capable. He did exactly what we had asked him to do - get all our locks operable. He did not suggest more extensive, expensive and unnecessary fixes as had another provider that had come earlier to appraise the job. He spent several hours at our house on our job and supplied some new bolts and locks. We felt that his price was fair. We would definitely call him again if the need should arise.

Description of Work
We had old locks that were either broken or very difficult to operate on 10 patio doors. He got the locks on 7 of the doors to work quite well and replaced the locks on the 3 doors that were beyond repair. All the doors now have locks that are easy to use and, best of all, actually lock.

01/13/2015

stewart S.

The home I recently purchased had four exterior doors; and each door had a different key. I wanted to replace the old hardware with high quality Emtek locks and have 1 key open all the doors. Another locksmith provided an estimate of $2,200 for the hardware and installation. Instead, I purchased the Emtek locks online and hired Robert Busby from Academy Locksmith to install the hardware. The cost of the Emtek hardware was about $600; and Robert Busby charged $660 for the installation. The work was done in a timely and professional manner.

Description of Work
Install deadbolts and passage handles on four exterior doors.

12/15/2014

Trang M.

Upon his arrival, he changed the locks which took him no more than 30 - 40 minutes. His work was very efficient. Price is reasonable. I would recommend his service to others.

Description of Work
The provider changed the dead bolt and bottom lock on my main entry door.

11/23/2014

Cindy C.

Robert Busby was thorough, polite and punctual. He kindly came out on a saturday with no notice because we had an unforseen problem. He was careful to check exactly how I wanted the work done. Also, he went beyond what I asked and adjusted a door that never used to lock well.

Description of Work
I had 10 locks re-keyed and a number of new keys made.

08/21/2013

Hilary J.

This was the third time we have used Acadmey Locksmith. Robert came quickly and worked diligently to change all locks on our newly purchased home. Per our request, he made them so that we can use only one key on all locks. It was a big job, and we would continue to use him in the future.

Description of Work
Robert rekeyed 12 locks on a newly purchased home.

08/12/2013

Norman L.

Prompt service. Right price.

Description of Work
Replace Lexus key

07/31/2013

Jimmy L.

They're a little pricey. I would hire them again in the future.

Description of Work
Academy Locksmith replaced the lock on our screen door.

All United Locksmith

We specialize in car key programming! Whether you are seeking emergency services such as car lockout,house lockout,and postal lock installation or standard order services such as re keying of locks or lock installation, we will deliver services using top technical skills at the most reasonable price. Whichever your needs may be, automotive, residential, or commercial, All United Locksmith will deliver the solution. Our goal is to make you feel secure.

2022 Super Service Award

JD Locksmith And Doors

We specialize in locksmith and key services and doors, We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide. while delivering great customer service! Check out all of the services we offer below and call -- or-- click to schedule a free estimate today!

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Eastern Safe & Lock Inc

Northern Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC location : Contact Brian Ford at 703-541-2200 Eastern Safe & Lock is a family owned and operated business since 1985. We are very proud to have won the Angieslist Super Service Award three years in a row. Serving all of Northern Virginia from Stafford to Leesburg to include Washington DC and local Maryland areas. Our highly trained technicians are licensed to service and installation of all types of locks, safes, keys, alarm installation, access control, camera's, CCTV, high security locks. We have been providing all types of physical security of our clients since 1985. Eastern Safe & Lock was instrumental in writing and passing Virginia’s first locksmith license in 2008. This license requires all locksmith companies to be licensed and each technician to be register with the Department of Criminal Justice Services. Each Locksmith has to pass a background check and be fingerprinted by DCJS. Check out Angie's List to find out about the phony unlicensed scammer locksmiths that quote silly low prices like 15.00 or 19.00, they show up in unmarked cars, use a very old con called bait and switch, quote really low to get the job then charge hundreds of dollar more than they should when they get to your home or office. We provide free written estimate. We have been in business for to many years to pressure you to use our services. We will never demand you pay with cash. Checks, Visa, MasterCard & American Express are welcome. We provide emergency service 24 hours a day, our regular hours are 8:00 to 5:00 Monday to Friday. Additional email - bford@easternsafe.com.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express

Same Day Service, Lockout Services, Re-Keying, Garage Door Locks, Lock Picking, New Locks, Deadbolts, Door Knob Installation, Key Duplication, Patio Door Lock Replacement, Sliding Door Lock Repair, Safe Combination Changes, Panic Bar Installation

ask for details