Academy Locksmith

Founded 1986 • With Angi since March 2005

SAME DAY SERVICE! Mention "Angie's List" for a 10% Discount! At ACADEMY LOCKSMITHS, our goal has always been to ensure the complete satisfaction of every customer, while offering friendly service at affordable rates. ACADEMY LOCKSMITHS is ready at a moment’s notice to change locks on homes and businesses. With over 25 years experience, ACADEMY LOCKSMITHS specialize in securing homes and businesses with installation of high quality locks. We also re-key locks, reusing the existing locks and making a different key work. This ensures that only the right people have a key. We understand that many lock changes are required in emergency circumstances and can usually rekey your home the same day that you call. Commercial clients often require locks to be master keyed. We can work with an existing master key to add locks within an existing master key system. ACADEMY LOCKSMITHS is strictly a service company. No walk in-shop is available. Our trucks are stocked with locks and key blanks for most purposes. Pet friendly, affordable and speedy trust us with your home or business security!...

Mike's Locksmith

You can expect personal service, quality products, upfront pricing and free estimates with a commitment to excellence from Mike's Locksmith & Security. It's what sets us apart from the rest. All of our products come with a full guarantee on labor and materials (for as long as you own your home or business). At Mike's Locksmith & Security, we believe in giving back to our community in many large and small ways. It's all the reason to book an appointment with us.

Offers by Mike's Locksmith on Angi
Sure-Fit Security

14 employees. Use a subcontractor for occasional safe services. Additional phone - (301) 424-5544. Additional e-mail - info@surefitsecurity.com.

Citywide Roadside Lock and Key

FREE Estimate we have the cheapest rates in MD electric deadbolt plus installation $209.99 appointment ONLY. call now to set up an appointment 4435781686 We provide the auto and home commercial lockouts and locksmith service in town with the cheapest rate we are able to Under cut any company to gain your service

Offers by Citywide Roadside Lock and Key on Angi

01/02/2020

John W.

I was grateful that Robert arrived quickly when contacted on Jan 1 and helped me gain entry into my home.

Description of Work
I am happy to be back inside my locked home

01/17/2019

Samara V.

The job did not start/begin. I scheduled an appoint with Robert who showed up on time. He looked at the lock set for my newly installed pocket door and determined he did not have the right tools with him to do the repair. He said he was going home to see if he had the tool at home and would reach back out to me later that day. I gave him a few hours before sending him a message asking if he had the tools to do my repair. That was a few weeks ago... I still have not heard back from Robert. Because of this, I do not recommend this company. There is no followup with the customer.

Description of Work
I needed a pocket door lock installed.

Category locksmith

This was an unusual sort of door and it required a special lock. I could not find a lock that would work. So I said I could not do the job. It took time for me to look for the lock.

01/04/2019

Jade B.

Robert Busby was courteous from "Hello" when I called him. He responded immediately and showed up within the time frame he stated. Mr. Busby is very cordial and personable. Got right to work and didn't mind me watching while he worked. It was comforting to know he is local and have been in the business for more than 30 years. Mr. Busby knows his craft and does it professionally; quality work. His rate is commensurate to the results. Excellent service, superb craftsmanship, and an honest businessman! I support small businesses. I would call him for future locksmith needs.

Description of Work
front and back doors; replaced cylinders, replaced entire back door knob/lock assembly and added a deadbolt, keyed all locks with one key

08/03/2018

Dustin F.

Fast & professional service (replacing a deadbolt lock) -- highly recommended

Description of Work
replace deadbolt lock

10/25/2017

Amy I.

Mr Busby was professional, prompt and polite and worked with me to ensure I got the best deal and best possible price in my situation. I do need to make sure my Angie’s List coupon and services were charged properly but that’s just me making sure after I write review. Should have done that first (!) but I’m almost positive he did billing properly. My math skills aren’t the best I’m sure if I find any problem it will be taken care of promptly if I contact him

Description of Work
I’m involved in a domestic abuse/landlord tenant affairs case in Montgomery County MD with stalking and harassment, fraud and narcotics violations involving not only my stalker but several neighbors also stalking me and aiding my abuser so this has been a living nightmare. Robert Busby as noted in several Angie’s List reviews came highly reviewed and I purchased my discount price

09/13/2017

LaTanya R.

The work was done professionally and the craftsmanship was good. My only issue was that the price was not communicated clearly up front. We were quoted a price for several locks only to find that the price was doubled when the locksmith showed up on site. He explained that he is charging not only for the lock, but also for the latch side of the door. Due to the urgency and the time already spent coordinating the replacements, we decided to proceed with the new higher price. I dont know if this was a simple accident or a price gouging technique but it didnt feel good.

Description of Work
We needed to replace several locks on my home.

08/14/2017

Ronald L.

He responded immediately to our call. Came the next day, exactly as scheduled. He had all of the parts he needed, installed them quickly. He fixed a problem we've had with one of the doors for a number of years, and didn't charge us extra.

Description of Work
We had a number of door locks replaced.

08/11/2017

Rebecca G.

Robert was extremely helpful and rekeyed the locks for me. He was able to come the next day (he was available that day actually but I wasn't). He showed up on time and was very polite. I will be recommending him to my realtor and to anyone else who needs service in the area.

Description of Work
I bought a house and needed to get the locks changed for the front and patio door.

05/18/2017

Jill K.

Excellent service - prompt, thorough, and professional. I would definitely recommend him and hire him again.

Description of Work
I needed a door opened and locks replaced.

04/04/2017

Patrick I.

Excellent- my highest rating possible. Fast, Fair. Neat. Clean. And they made it easy on me.

Description of Work
Needed a broken lock replaced. Academy did it quick (w/in two hours of my initial call), for a very fair price, and I did it all over the phone (!) You don't get better service than this, folks.

Academy Locksmith

Founded 1986 • With Angi since March 2005

18506 Goshen Rd

Gaithersburg, MD 20879

Same Day Service, Lockout Services, Re-Keying, Garage Door Locks, Lock Picking, New Locks, Deadbolts, Door Knob Installation, Key Duplication, Patio Door Lock Replacement, Sliding Door Lock Repair, Safe Combination Changes, Panic Bar Installation

ask for details