Politz Enterprises Roofing Inc.

Founded 1963 • With Angi since April 2009

418 West Patrick St

Frederick, MD 21701

Welcome to Politz Enterprises, Inc. We are a full service roofing contractor offering superior service for all your roofing solutions. Since 1963, we have performed affordable residential and commercial roofing in DC, Virginia, and the Frederick, Columbia, and Eldersburg, MD areas. We provide

03/12/2021

Debbie B.

This company is top notch! The owner of the company was quoting a job for our neighbor (we had just moved into our house), and we asked if he would mind giving us a quote on replacing our gutters. Within an hour he presented us a quote right in our ballpark and three days later the work was complete. The installation team was as courteous and professional as the owner. They did a great job setting up, installing and cleaning up. Our house looks great and we couldn't be happier with the work performed. Grade A company to deal with. We highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Gutter replacement

Category gutter repair

Thank you 😊 Have a great day and stay healthy. Robert Politz

08/01/2019

CAROLE S.

We are very happy with the work done. This is the second house Politz has replaced the roof on for us. We recently had the siding and gutters replaced. Work was done very well, cleanup was effective and the employees working on the house were very pleasant and polite. The owner of the company, Rob Politz, was in contact before, during and after the work was done. We are pleased with the results and will hire Politz Enterprises again, if we need more work done.

Description of Work
Roof, siding and gutters.

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding

04/03/2019

Kathy D.

Oh my goodness! There are truly no words to convey how happy we are with our new shingles. Rob came out and met with us after we got estimates from three other companies. His knowledge, professionalism, and personality immediately helped us make up our minds to hire Politz Enterprises to replace our shingles on our home and detached garage. Rob was very attentive to helping us meet our timeline and explained the materials he would use and also explained their outstanding warranty. The crew he sent did an outstanding job at removing the old shingles, applying the new under-layment, installing the new drip edge, and finally applying the shingles. Despite how chilly it was in November, the men worked efficiently and did an outstanding job. They also did an excellent job at cleaning up once the job was complete. Rob came by once the job was complete to make sure we were completely satisfied. In our opinion, we are blessed to have the best roofing contractor in Maryland replace our roof. Thank you Rob and the entire crew who made our home look great again with the new roof you installed! Mike & Kathy D. - Middletown

Description of Work
We needed to replace our shingles

06/02/2017

Deborah B.

We needed a new roof for our house. We decided to go with Politz, because they contacted us promptly for the estimate, their prices were good and the crew that worked on our roof was excellent.

Description of Work
New Roof for 21 year old house

04/12/2017

Bob L.

It went very well. I received for estimates, ranging from $2950 to $4500. Politz Enterprises' estimate is $2950. I intended to have it done in May when the temperature is better for the shingles. But the company had it scheduled and done in early February. It's been two months since it was done. No leaks or any issues so far. On the quality rating, I currently gave it a N/A because I will updated it after the summer when I have more time to see if any problem develops. But so far, I have not had any problems.

Description of Work
Roof shingle replacement

03/17/2016

Marc C.

I was very pleased with the customer service and quality of work performed. They were competitive with other roofers and didn't try to sell me on added services. They provided three estimates- good, better, and best. I went with their best estimate because of the quality of materials and cost. And it was still cheaper than their competitors. I would use them again and only wish they did more than roofs and gutters.

Description of Work
Roof replacement.

01/27/2016

Michael C.

Outstanding from start to finish.

Description of Work
Replaced roof and gutters

10/29/2015

S. Paul L.

I would not recommend Politz to anyone in the Frederick, MD area. A big telling point for me is how they treat potential customers and I was not treated well at all. The first time I called, I left my information and the receptionist told me that someone would call or email me back to discuss scheduling. That never happened. I called them 3 different times - and the last time the receptionist hung up on me. Very unprofessional. My goal was to have someone come out and replace the gutters on the front of my house and if the work was done well, I would have likely had them do the entire house. I guess Politz is not interested in any new business right now.

Description of Work
Requested estimates and (likely) work to be done on my house. Specifically, gutter replacements.

Category gutter repair, roofing

As any person would know you can't make everybody happy. Every person here at Politz Enterprises Inc works extremely hard to ensure our service and products are followed thru. Mr. Lukoskie can have his opinion but our ratings and customer satisfaction along with testimonials speaks for itself. Thank you , Robert Politz/ President

06/20/2015

michelle F.

Everything was done in one day, as advertised.

Description of Work
Replaced cedar wood roof shingles

Category roofing, woodworking

Thank you Mr. [Member Name Removed]

04/23/2015

Jenny M.

The job was done quickly and professionally. Two crew members came out and worked on the chimney. They replaced a section of the chimney that had started flaking and falling off. You can't even tell there was work done to it. The brick is perfectly matched. They did the job in about 4 hours. It is absolutely perfect. The roofers came a few days later and replaced the roof. They took off the old roof , swept off all the debris, laid down an underlayment and then installed the new shingles. The crew was fast, courteous and efficient. The project was completed in one day, including clean-up. I would recommend Politz Enterprises for roofing and gutter projects for the quality workmanship and fair prices they provide. The professionalism and work ethic of the work crews is an asset to the company.

Description of Work
Replaced roof, cleaned out and secured gutters, replaced flaking and spalling brick on the chimney.

01/30/2015

Morag R.

Politz Enterprises did an amazing job of replacing our roof. They gave by far the best estimate - $5K less than the highest competitor. In fact, it was so much lower that I was a a little worried that perhaps they weren't all they seemed. But they did a great job, showed up on time and had everything done and cleaned up in one day. Just a couple of minor issues; when I initially called to set up an appointment, I was told someone would call be back that same day. There was no contact until Mr. Politz showed up on my door step 2 days later. We weren't at the house when the job was done. When we got back 2 weeks later, we noticed that one of the workers used black caulk to trim out the white fascia, but one phone call and it was fixed. The job supervisor came out and fixed it that same day, closely followed by Mr. Politz to do the same. Apart from those 2 minor issues, I would highly recommend Politz Enterprises.

Description of Work
Replaced the roof.

01/04/2015

DAVID R.

All-in-all we are satisfied with job performed. However, they were a few weeks later starting the job than originally estimated. Once they started, they took about two days longer to finish. I can't complain too much about that, because they had to work around Thanksgiving and the weather. The quality of the job is excellent. No complaints there. I solicited six quotes and the prices ran from $25,000 to $38,000.

Description of Work
Total replacement of main roof and detached garage.

07/01/2014

Phyllis R.

Called for estimate for gutter work. They too never showed up. Tried to get several estimates. No luck.

Description of Work
No show also!

Category gutter repair

04/23/2014

Hakan L.

I think it was a fair price. The roof was okay. It took a little long the actual work. They had to come back a couple of times, but they did so without complaints and they did the job eventually. They were professional in their interaction. Would I use them again? Maybe, but I may use Angie's List to look at someone else next time but I may end up still using them, even though I wasn't fully happy with them.

Description of Work
I used the services of Politz Enterprises.

03/07/2014

Patrick C.

We were approached by a sales rep who helped us contact our insurance re: hail damage to roof and siding. The work took much longer than expected. The siding used to replace our insulated aluminum siding(per Politz was no longer manufactured) and is inferior to what was originally there, now our house is colder. The workmanship on the siding was poor, we contacted the superviser, sales rep and even the owner of the company who said he would come to see the quality of workmanship his company provided. The owner did not keep his word and instead sent another man to review the work completed. There were miscommunications within the company with the work crews. It took at least 4 re-visits to get the gutters done as we had requested. In summary: the new roof is still leaking in one spot, the siding near the roof on one side of the house keeps slipping down, the caulking looks as if done by a two year old and both outdoor light fixtures put back up after the siding was replaced are not properly attached. After several months of frustrating interactions we just decided to stop dealing with this company and seek someone else to help in repairing what they did wrong. We deeply regret even having the siding replaced and will NEVER again listen to any service provider who rings our doorbell. My advice is to look for another provider for these services.

Description of Work
Replaced roof, siding and gutters.

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding

[removed member name], I find it disturbing that after 2 years you would write something like this. I Agree with you that there were a couple of Unfortunate issues with your paticular job . As my memory serves me, we installed the gutters and you wanted the downspouts in a different location, so I had them relocated , which ended up having me to replace the new gutter already installed, to accomadate you, at our cost. In respect to the punch out list you had told me about, I met my crew leader at your house to go over your concerns , your wife was home,but didn't seem to have any interest in coming outside to point any issues out,but instead she got in her car and left, leaving me to go by a phone conversation with you about your concerns. The product used on your house is one of the most popular products . The leak in your roof , I never knew of, you have my cell number, office number and saleman's number . I have no record of any call to say you had any leak, which would have been addressed. Sir, per your contract you have a 5 year labor warranty, If you would like me to take care of any issues, I would be happy to. I always try to get every job completed without any issues, but unfortunately, everything can't always go as planned. I appreciate your business and I am sorry to have caused you any aggravation. Respectfully, Tony

02/24/2014

Allen L.

We selected a different provider.

Description of Work
Provided an estimate.

Provided a detail estimate with in 24 hours and samples. Provided a info packet with lic info and references. Provided the very lowest price industry had to offer. Wished we vould have done the job, but was happy to have had the chance.

02/17/2014

Margo P.

Complete professional job done on schedule and finished on time.

Description of Work
Replaced roof on my parents house.

01/17/2014

Nakari S.

It was a good experience. My husband gave an estimate for me and they used the Google satellite dish where in they don’t even have to come out to the house to give an estimate for your roof, so no one ever came to the house and all of my contacts with them was one phone call and then through email. They were very responsive, prices were very competitive. I have just put a hold on the roofing project. They were very patient with me and sent me pictures for the shingles I had asked for. They were really good.

Description of Work
Politz Enterprises Inc gave an estimate for about $9300 for roofing.

09/15/2013

margaret B.

everything went great very happy my husband was so happy with the work he got pizza's for the guy's so that said a lot

Description of Work
roofing

(Member name removed), Thank you for taking the time to respond! Have a Great Day!

06/07/2013

Fred L.

I have worked in construction and, with that experience, am very "particular" with respect to details and quality of work. I was very impressed with the work of the 6-man crew who, in just 6 days, completed the job of replacing the cedar shake shingles on our "somewhat complicated" roof; they also replaced 4 skylights and installed new rubberized roofing material on small, flat areas that are part of the roof. At the end, they added gutter guards to the existing gutters. All of my questions during the work were professionally addressed by the supervisor of the crew or by the crew members. We were extremely impressed by their workmanship and their attention to the details. Their daily cleanup was outstanding and very complete when they left each day. I would definitely recommend Politz Enterprises (and have already done so) to neighbors and other interested parties.

Description of Work
Replace Cedar Shake roof with new underlayment and heavy, Category #1 Shake shingles using 9" exposure; replace 4 skylights; re-roof the flat areas with rubberized material; and add gutter guards.

Category gutter repair, roofing, skylights

(removed member name), Thank You for your time, it was a pleasure working with you!

11/27/2012

Ronald L.

Owner of the company showed up within 3 days of the request for bid. Very prompt, courteous, and professional. His was the highest Bid of the 5 I requested. Upon research and consultation with builders and building supply, nit appears he was pushing an inferior roofing product. For these two reasons - excessive price and lesser quality shingle, I passed Mr Politzs' offer up.

Description of Work
Replace entire roof. Remove single layer, add felt, drip edge, 30 or 40 year shingle, and ridge vent. Leave property in same condition as found.

[removed member name] I'm sorry things didn't workout between us, but thank you for the opportunity!

08/02/2012

Lois H.

They did an excellent job. The new roof survived the horrible storms a few weeks later. Their clean-up was excellent.

Description of Work
Complete new roof, rear gutters, gutter waterfall.

01/26/2012

Tom F.

Roof replacement went as promised; crew showed up when they were supposed to and completed job in timely fashion. We purchased an expensive 50 year shingle, although labor warranty is only 5 years from this contractor. Roof recently developed leaks 2 years out of labor warranty. We understood that we would need to pay for labor related repairs per the contract. However, calls to schedule service were not returned. The company president visited us prior to the initial sale when a substantially larger amount of money could be made. It's disappointing, but appears they are not interested in servicing or standing by their own jobs. Through Angie's List we found a competitor to repair the roof within 24 hours of contact, for a very reasonable price. I can't name the other contractor in this review, but I would warn buyers to seek a contractor with a longer labor warranty and a large number of good reviews in Angie's List.

Description of Work
Replaced roof. Removed old shingles & paper down to bare plywood & replaced with new.

01/07/2012

KATHLEEN T.

Necessary roofing repairs were noticed after our Earthquake, Hurricane Irene....followed by a Tropical Storm. We also had chronic rotting wood around the garage doors and other areas on the roof, plus obvious leaky skylights. The gutters were 18yrs old and in obvious need for replacement. I called a couple roofing companies..and Bob, the president/CEO was the only person who replied back....AND in person....24hrs after my phone message. While the only delay in getting the work done was the exceptionally rainy weeks that followed our signed contract...once work was assigned....it all progressed in a perfect timely manner. The trimwork was done first, followed by the total roof replacement done in One day plus 2hours the following morning. Gutters were replaced the third day....and all 4 skylights in one day, after...... i will highly recommend this company

Description of Work
New Roof, New gutters, 4 new skylights, Azek trim around 3 garage door frames, chimney, and other roofing trim

Category gutter repair, roofing, skylights, woodworking

07/11/2011

Francesca P.

I was referred to Politz by a neighbor who was very pleased with their work. They have skylights and apparently it can be difficult to find people who know how to work around them. Politz was very nice and responsive, starting with a phone message left over a weekend. All the way from the owner to the office staff to the roofers, they called proactively and returned calls very quickly. When I thought I had found a "better deal", Mr. Politz explained very clearly what it is that they do differently and the quality of the materials involved. The crew came when they said they would and had the job done very quickly. No complaints from my neighbors who were home during the day. When I came home, I thought they had not showed up yet - my yard, driveway, sidewalks, etc. were immaculate. Not one nail, tack, or scrap of shingle was left behind. Over 6 months and several storms later - all is well. No more leaks and roof looks great. I wish all major repairs and transactions could go this well.

Description of Work
Replace 20 year old leaking roof, replace and cap gutters.

A&S Chimney Services

Our team at A&S Chimney Services LLC is made up of lead masons, chimney experts, and exterior remodeling specialists dedicated to serving our customers safeguard their property through a full scope of chimney cleaning, installation, rebuild, and repair solutions, along with gutter and dryer vent cleaning services. We work to ensure our valued customers can safely and fully enjoy their fireplaces by providing spot on cleaning and sweeping solutions, comprehensive chimney inspections, and repairs that stand the test of time. Lead by Gricelda and Antonio Coreas, who holds over 15+ years of experience in chimney construction, maintenance and restoration services. A&S Chimney Services LLC is one of few woman owned construction firms specializing in chimney services. We work with utmost care and regard for your home and project, to fulfill, and even go beyond, the quality of service and craftsmanship our customers expect. Licensed by the MHIC, insured, and bonded, A&S Chimney Services LLC has been serving residential communities all across Maryland, including in around Columbia, Gaithersburg, Germantown, and Rockville, for 18+ years. Maryland Home Improvement License MHIC No. 05- 145258

Gutter Helmet by Harry Helmet®

Gutter Helmet Gutter Protection | Proudly Serving Local Homeowners Since 1981 Never Clean Your Gutters Again! Gutter Helmet is the one-time investment with a lifetime of benefits. Our system installs over your existing full-sized rain gutters, and we offer the only true four-season/365 day-a-year total rainwater management protection system. Trusted by over a million customers nationwide, we guarantee your gutters will remain free flowing and clog free from all debris with our triple lifetime, transferable performance warranty. Call to learn more about the Gutter Helmet difference and schedule your free demonstration and estimate today. (877) 779-8048. Senior & military discounts available.

Offers by Gutter Helmet by Harry Helmet® on Angi
    Zen Windows of Washington DC

At Zen Windows, we think that finding replacement windows, sliding doors and entry doors for your home should be a simple, pleasant experience. Our team works closely with you via e-mail and phone to help shape the improvements you envision without ever having a salesperson visit your home. We offer award-winning, energy-efficient windows and doors, and provide a lifetime transferable product and installation warranty. Zen Windows sets our clients at ease with our No Down Payment Policy. You won't pay a penny until the job is completed. Simple, easy, stress-free...the way it should be.

Award 2022

American Express, MasterCard, Visa, Discover

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Politz Enterprises Roofing Inc.

How is Politz Enterprises Roofing Inc. overall rated?

Politz Enterprises Roofing Inc. is currently rated 4.5 overall out of 5.

What payment options does Politz Enterprises Roofing Inc. provide

Politz Enterprises Roofing Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: American Express, MasterCard, Visa, Discover

Does Politz Enterprises Roofing Inc. offer free estimates?

No, Politz Enterprises Roofing Inc. does not offer free project estimates.

Does Politz Enterprises Roofing Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, Politz Enterprises Roofing Inc. does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Politz Enterprises Roofing Inc. offer a senior discount?

No, Politz Enterprises Roofing Inc. does not offer a senior discount.

Does Politz Enterprises Roofing Inc. offer emergency services?

Yes, Politz Enterprises Roofing Inc. offers emergency services.

Are warranties offered by Politz Enterprises Roofing Inc.?

No, Politz Enterprises Roofing Inc. does not offer warranties.

What services does Politz Enterprises Roofing Inc. offer?

Politz Enterprises Roofing Inc. offers the following services: Residential & Commercial Roofing Repair, Installation & Maintenance Services, as well as Gutter Repair & Replacement