Charles F Murphy Inc

Founded 1953 • With Angi since May 2011

A 3rd generation family owned and operated company. We offer over the countersales of plumbing materials for both residential and commercial plumbing. We are known for having at our disposal the "hard to find" repair part. Additionally, we offer service crews for your plumbing needs, either scheduled based around your schedule or based on emergency if needed. We make every effort to provide service you need the same day. We do not charge extra for the trip nor do we have service diagnostic fees....

Metro Drainage Pros LLP

Metro Drainage Pros is a licensed & insured company that specializes in exterior storm water management and drainage issues. At Metro Drainage Pro's, LLP, we offer a team of highly trained professionals who all have a vast amount of experience in storm water management. We are a fully licensed and insured company, and we strive to bring our customers the best possible solutions, tailored to fit their needs. There is no job that is too big or complicated, and with over 30 years of extensive experience, our professional trained employees are fully capable of handling the most demanding of projects. So don't let your drainage get you any longer. Let the Metro Drainage Pro's, LLP team identify the source of the problem so we can provide you with long lasting results.

A-1 Trenchless Services LLC

Give us a call you'll like our prices !! We are a family owned and operated business, offering expert service for 31 years. I personally supervise, as owner of this company all projects, for example: water and sewer line replacement, sewer and drain cleaning, hydro jet and cast iron pipe descaling and pipe bursting excavation. We take pride in turning a very unpleasant experience into a satisfying outcome. free estimates

Mallick Plumbing & Heating

Mallick Plumbing & Heating provides any and all types of plumbing service to residential and commercial clients throughout the entire Washington Metropolitan Area and Silver Spring, Maryland. We currently have a fleet of twenty full time service technicians and twelve apprentices, which are led by Vice President Ken Howes and Residential Service Manager Jeff Fletcher -- both of which are licensed WSSC Master Plumbers. Mallick conducts pre-employment screenings on each candidate after making a contingent offer of employment. State judiciary and national case searches are completed, as well as state and national sex offender searches. In addition to extensive background checks, substance abuse tests are administered. Mallick is drug-free workplace and we strive to ensure the environment remains safe for our employees and our customers. Our team has over 30 years experience in the plumbing industry and is dedicated to providing quality workmanship and work hard in an effort to deliver the highest customer satisfaction. Our family approach to business has allowed us to build strong long-lasting relationships with contractors, owners, suppliers, subcontractors and employees, and we look forward to the opportunity to provide honest plumbing services for you and your family.

Offers by Mallick Plumbing & Heating on Angi

06/26/2018

Thomas M.

The company responded quickly to my call about the leaking pipe. After removing a section of the ceiling drywall, a leaking T-junction and adjacent pipe were replaced. A month later, another slow leak was detected about a foot further along the pipe from the original repair. Charles Murphy company replaced this leaky section at a reduced cost for the second service call. The repairs are sound, with no leaks from any of the repaired junctions.

Description of Work
Repair leaking pipe in basement ceiling

07/27/2015

Doug S.

Excellent! Was finished sweating in a new gate valve and was finished in 45 minutes. Cleaned up and everything was shipshape. Will definetly use them in the future.

Description of Work
Replaced a leaking water shutoff valve.

04/20/2014

Raghu J.

The plumber arrived promptly and shut the main water. He also determined that the outside faucet was not winterized. He shut the inner valve and was in a hurry to get out of there. He promised to follow up with what would be a permanent fix but never did. He didnt have the time to diagnose if the pipe had indeed burst and whether it required redoing. He also promised to provide an estimate for the outdoor faucet replacement (his rough estimate was $300 but wasnt sure whether that would be anti-frost or regular and when pressed for details promised to get back to us)

Description of Work
There was a water leak in the rec room and a emergency call was made to the plumber

Category plumbing

I am correct in saying this was at ? We apologize, an estimate was sent to the aforementioned address. We, the estimating department and service department, did not realize nor were informed you were the responsible owner. We assume now it should have gone to your Ashburn, Va. mailing address. Do we need to re-submit?

04/08/2014

Laura C.

They were on time, early actually, very polite and professional. The job was done well and quickly. Have used them before and will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Install vanity/sink in bathroom

08/21/2013

Adam S.

A team of two attended the job, they were well presented in uniforms with name badges. They were bright and communicative, I was very impressed with the staff. They diagnosed my problem and fixed it. Overall I was pleased with the experience. I requested a quote on another job and received it within 24 hours.

Description of Work
We had a basement flood caused by a broken pipe.

08/19/2013

Wes B.

I contacted many other companies about the Sewer small in the house, I did some looking and had some ideas on what the issue was, but I could not get the ANYONE under the house to confirm or deny what my suspicions were. To get to that area, you have to crawl across one addition(Gravel), into another addition(50+ year old Dirt) and into the and quot;OLDand quot; part of the house(100+ years old Dirt), I have done it, I reminds me of caving. Then I found Charles F Murphy, John Murphy came out, looked at the plumbing and had not issue with crawling under the house and positively identified the issue, as a broken Cast Iron Sewer line. Within a couple of days, we agree to get started and the Job was done in 2 days. Below is the note I sent him after they were complete. I wanted to THANK YOU for you quick response, detailed assessment and quick resolution to our Sewer Line issue. With all of the previously issues I had getting an estimate, it was a breath of fresh air. Each day your guys were her, I ask my wife how it went, and she was very pleased and always mentions how nice and professional they were. I second that, by looking at what can be seen from the repairs, the only reason why I know you were here is the new vent pipe that I see in the crawlspace. With all of the digging that we necessary, there is absolutely no trace left behind, the gravel looks untouched, and I appreciate that. Thanks again and I look forward to doing business with you in the near feature.

Description of Work
Replace Broken Sewer line, under house in crawlspace, Required lots of digging in tight and difficult to get to places, and added new Vent to Kitchen sink.

05/23/2013

Denman S.

Murphy's is one of the old line Frederick Plumbers now in the (I think) 3 generation. Always reliable. You talk to a human being and they know what they are doing. There are not many other than CF Murphy that I would trust to work on a steam system these days.

Description of Work
Repaired Steam Boiler

02/28/2013

Zachary R.

They were very responsive and extremely easy to talk to. They easily found and repaired the leak and we have had no problems since.

Description of Work
We had some water damage on our kitchen ceiling caused by our upstairs hall bathroom. They easily found the leak and performed the repair quickly. They then followed up a couple days later to make sure there were no other issues before sending the final bill.

02/12/2013

Lynda B.

Servicemen came on the same day that I called and they called ahead when they were on their way. They diagnosed where the clog was and cleared the clogged drian on the first visit. First, they attempted to clear the drain from an outside sever port to avoid making a mess in the house, but they were unable to do so. They located the clog inside the house and carried their equipment in. They removed and replaced a shelving unit that was over the toilet (which had to be removed). They limited the mess to the bathroom and cleaned up after they were done - except for the bathtub where the sewer had backed up. They were courteous and quick. They gave me a rough, verbal estimate of what they thought the job would cost, but said that the owner would mail me a bill once he saw their report. They gave me a copy of their report which included what they found blocking the drain and what materials they used. The terms for payment were provided in writing. All in all they were prompt, pleasant to work with, and did a great job. I would be willing to recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Outsatnding plumbing repair

02/02/2013

Brian H.

Very pleased with this company. Lost all water, called 5 local businesses and could not get someone to come out. Found Charles Murphy on the web and he had a truck out within an hour of my call. Diagnosed a pump pulling too many amps - explained the problem and offered to work that night. I told them we could make it another day and scheduled for the next morning. The called to tell me they were en-route, showed up at 8:00AM, and had a new well pump installed, tested, and working in 2 hours. A 220 foot well installed in 1990 and I was expecting to have to replace the wiring and pipe as well. They inspected and tested everything and determined no need to replace. They also tested the water at no charge. Only thing they did not give me was a written estimate, but just a very general verbal guess as they would not know for certain until they pulled the pump. I did not know the cost until I got the bill a week later. Again was pleasantly surprised to find the total cost well less than I expected. Professional, fast, and competetive. Well reccomended and I will use them again.

Description of Work
Well Pump replacement

Category plumbing,wells

Plumbing, hot water boilers, steam boilers, backflow preventors, faucets, toilets, sinks, showers, tubs, showers,tank water heaters, tankless water heaters, sewage pumps, water pumps, septic tanks, septic systems, gas lines, propane lines, water softeners, acic nuetralizers, ultra violet lights, reverse osmosis, water & sewer line replacements repairs.

Air conditioning repairs, appliance repair, heat pump repairs, Sprinkler piping or fire protection.

MasterCard, Discover, Check, Visa, Financing Available