Atlas Home Energy Solutions LLC

Founded 2009 • With Angi since August 2012

Atlas Home Energy Solutions is committed to providing the highest quality home energy improvements to homeowners interested in reducing their utility bills and improving the comfort of their home year round. Customer Satisfaction is our number one priority and we promise that we can make a real

Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

insulation (86)home energy audit (67)air duct cleaning (18)home inspection (7)HVAC Companies (7)basement waterproofing (2)

11/08/2022

ave S.

Five stars for Atlas Home Energy Solutions for outstanding service in upgrading the energy and air comfort level in our home as the result of a recent energy audit. And for producing cost-and energy-savings, too. We are extremely satisfied. From beginning to end, the company did an excellent job of analyzing our needs, recommending solutions, developing the perfect energy-efficiency plan for our residence, and then carrying out the work. Thanks to Energy Auditor Jeff, who spearheaded the project, and who answered all our questions which assisted with the overall plan design. Jeff was present from the outset--and at the very end--to ensure our satisfation, and to make certain we were well aware of how the company stands behind its work. We would also like to thank the other members of the team who were involved with our project, namely, Gordon, Rick, Shannon, Keith, Karl, Lal, Mal, a second Lal, Shane, and Brandon. Good job. Milton and Ave

Description of Work
Insulation. Energy Audit.

Category energy audit

11/19/2021

Anita N.

Highly recommend. Exceptional and professional service from their contractors and most especially by Nolan Walker (Performance Consultant). Nolan showed photos taken of my home's ductwork and insulation and provided a list of options and the cost of each project so that I could make a well informed choice of which projects to pursue. He took his time and was honest and understanding - not aggressive like other companies I have dealt with. His test-out and follow-up appointment was just as thorough. It was a pleasure working with him.

Description of Work
Home energy audit Replaced and rerouted master and hallway bathroom exhaust fans Installed Panasonic Whisper Green Select exhaust fans and timer Sealed air leeks and increased attic insulation Sealed and insulated knee walls in attic Cleaned ductwork for entire 1st floor hvac system AEROSEAL ductwork connected to HVAC system

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, home inspection, insulation, air duct cleaning, energy audit

Work Completed On 07/15/2021

10/03/2021

Christa S.

THE WORK WAS DONE PROFESSIONALLY AND VERY WELL. THE ENERGY REPORT LISTED ALL ENERGY RELATED MEASUREMENTS BOTH GOOD AND THOSE INDICATING POTENTIAL ISSUES OR FUTURE PROBLEMS. I WAS VERY SATISFIED WITH IT.

Description of Work
I HAD AN ENERGY EVALUATION DONE IN MY HOME AND A CELING HOLE FIXED.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, energy audit

Work Completed On 10/02/2021

09/13/2021

Jean H.

Excellent! Everyone with this company is highly professional. The work was done exactly as specified and the workers were friendly and knowledgeable. They assisted me in getting a PEPCO Energy Rebate. I am very happy I chose Atlas to do this work and recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Attic Insulation, duct cleaning and sealing, bathroom exhaust fans installed.

Work Completed On 09/13/2021

09/13/2021

Patrick H.

I contacted Atlas not because of high energy bills but because of noticeable summertime temperature differences between the first and second floors. My home is 32 years old and had never had the ducts cleaned and I suspected there was leakage from seams in the duct work. While the house was built to the then current (1988) code levels, the code is now more stringent. For example, my attic insulation was R30 where code is now R50. Atlas first performed an energy audit. Based upon that outcome, they recommended: (1) rerouting the bathroom exhaust fans through the roof, (2) additional insulation in the attic bringing it to R50. (3) closed cell foam sealing in the main and garage attics where appropriate, (4) cleaning the heating/cooling ducts and (5) using the AeroSeal product in the same ducts. I opted for all of these services. The work was spread over 3 occasions, each no more than 2 days duration with most completed in a single day. Their friendly work crews were very attentive to my property, made sure to put down drop cloths throughout the house and generally made certain everything was clean upon leaving. They kept me informed throughout every task and showed/explained what they had encountered. My ducts certainly did need cleaning, even though it’s always been a smoke free home environment and without pets. The benefits of this work have been fantastic. The AeroSeal process yielded a 98% reduction in duct leakage. I can tell very little temperature difference between the first and second floors now. I’m expecting more noticeable improvements during the winter months. I strongly without reservation recommend Atlas Home Energy Solutions.

Description of Work
Additional attic insulation, duct cleaning and sealing

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 08/06/2021

Review for Atlas Home Energy Solutions LLC - 5108 Pegasus Ct, Frederick, MD - 39472176

04/27/2021

John N.

This probably the most professional service organization I've worked with in any capacity. They did a comprehensive audit and we discussed issues that could be remediated prioritized by the biggest bang for the buck and then they did the fixes we agreed upon. I always felt like I was dealing with an expert who had my best interests at heart - work that they could have done that they advised could be deferred. Ended up increasing the insulation in the attic which I'd known for years was a problem and sealing the ducts which has made a noticeable difference. I'd happily recommend Atlas to anyone who thinks they might benefit from a home energy audit and efficiency upgrades.

Description of Work
Energy audit and remediation

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning, energy audit

Work Completed On 04/14/2021

04/16/2021

Daria H.

The work went well. Sam's crew came out, got to work right away and cleaned up after. They were nice, professional and fast.

Description of Work
Insulation added to attic, crawl space and sunroom addition to my home

Category insulation

Work Completed On 04/16/2021

12/02/2020

Colby R.

Cleaning Air Ducts and all Returns.

Description of Work
They did an excellent job great routine all around they know what they’re doing over there.

Category air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

09/21/2020

Scott R.

Excellent. Arrived on time. Professional job done. Cleaned up each day when they left. I found 2 minor issues after they left. They responded the same day to schedule a follow up for 2 days later. They came back on time and resolved them. Friendly crews and easy to work with.

Description of Work
Air seal and add insulation to the attic and basement. Cleaned and sealed heat pump duct work.

Work Completed On 09/21/2020

07/14/2020

Amanda C.

From start to finish, was extremely impressed. Matt came to do the initial quote and did an excellent job explaining what needed to be done. During both days when the team was on site doing the work, they were extremely personable, thorough and professional. They cleaned up/repaired everything that was needed at the end as well. Would highly recommend them to anyone and would hire again for future needs.

Description of Work
Add insulation to attic.

Category insulation, air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 07/09/2020

04/02/2020

Todd S.

They were great from the start. There were one or two minor things I didn't like. Once I pointed them out to the tech, they happily and politely took care of it. I'm very happy and couldn't recommend them enough. I should also say that my home is much more comfortable now too!

Description of Work
Insulated attic and other areas of my house, cleaned and sealed my ducts, replaced a bathroom fan, installed another bathroom fan in my master bath where one didn't previously exist, performed an energy analysis of my home.

Work Completed On 02/07/2020

02/19/2020

Rich P.

Between Brad K., the company’s support team, and the crews who come out to do the job and execute the work, you cannot select a better company to help you make your home energy efficient and reduce your utility bills by insulating the house and sealing your duct work. As for Brad K., the job begins with Brad coming to your house and conducting an Energy Audit. This gives everyone a far better understanding as to what needs to be done in your home. And, Brad concludes with conducting a “ Test Out,“ to see the improvements. Pepco will offer you a partial rebate for the work completed and they are very satisfied with a 20% reduction. As for us, we hammered Brad with dozens of questions over the course of time before and after we ratified an agreement. In every case, Brad was extraordinarily responsive especially with him being burdened performing audits throughout the day and being offsite. We couldn’t be happier with Brad’s performance. The same goes for the inside team including Jeff, Gordon and Ashley. And, everyone of the guys and their team leads who came to the house not only focused on executing their expertise, but were also very customer focused. In our case, the “test out demonstrated a 36% reduction,“ and Brad believes the partial rebate will be even greater. A Little Constructive Feedback Here: Be sure to ask and fully understand what needs to be done prior to the crews arriving. We had three teams over three days (not in a row) and learned at that moment what more needed to be done to fully finish the job. This will minimize to virtually eliminate any further challenges for the crews and yourselves. However, the job was completed. Over the next 45 days or so, after our utility bill fully cycles, we look forward to seeing the results of Atlas’s work and the reduction in our utility bills. Atlas Home Energy Solutions is Your Best Buy. We are certainly available to provide any further references. RichandJames Peterson Silver Spring, MD (301) 592-1616 Email: rich@recruitcom.com

Description of Work
Seal Air Leaks and Increased Attic Insulation Levels, and Aerosealed the Duct work.

Category home inspection, insulation, air duct cleaning, energy audit

Work Completed On 02/18/2020

Review for Atlas Home Energy Solutions LLC - 5108 Pegasus Ct, Frederick, MD - 38395210

05/01/2019

Linda F.

Went very well. They worked with me to get the work done in fewer days than they had originally proposed, which helped a lot with my schedule. The crews showed up when they said they would, each person introduced themselves and told me what they were there to do. They cleaned up really well behind themselves. At the end of each day they walked me through what they had completed, what they found while doing the work and what to expect next. Because they are certified we started with an energy audit and then the proposal listed how much of a rebate we would receive from the electric company for the work done.

Description of Work
cleaned and sealed the ducts, insulated 2 attics, sealed doors, added fan in bathroom, added attic enclosure for steps to attic...

Work Completed On 04/30/2019

04/14/2019

Leslie H.

Shannon was a super inspector, I learned a lot, and we are very happy with the work done. Best of all, we received about half the cost in rebates, which Atlas helped us to apply for. Comparing this winter and last winter, we experienced lower heat/energy costs. Everything that was done worked. The workmen were considerate and clean. This was not my first energy audit, but it was definitely the best and I strongly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Sorry this took so long, but I wanted to see how the work turned out. My daughter and I purchased a 45+ year old home which had a lot more problems than we at first realized. We wanted to lower heating and cooling costs, make the systems more efficient, and generally increase comfort.

Ms. [Member Name Removed]: Thank you very much for this review! We are pleased you recognized the dual benefit to this type of efficiency upgrade--namely, the mitigation of comfort issues as well as high bills. More often than not our customers request insulation upgrades to lower power bills but don't realize that annoying comfort issues such as an imbalance in temperatures and humidity throughout the home can be fixed by these upgrades as well. We are happy you experienced improvements across the board. Best Regards, Gordon Taplin Atlas Home Energy Solutions, .LLC Leads Manager

01/10/2019

Grant H.

Atlas did a great job from start to finish. The auditor Shannon was thorough, pleasant, and a very effective educator. Once she determined the scope of work, she was also very helpful in estimating the projected savings and Pepco reimbursement, which helped defray some of the costs. The crew was fast and efficient and accommodated all the specific issues with my house, getting proper crawlspace/attic access, etc. My questions were always answered patiently and completely and the pace of the work was excellent, in fact they finished early. Also the Pepco rebate arrived early. Months later I can say that the results are outstanding and made a very tangible different now that the weather is freezing. I would strongly recommend this outfit as they offer essentially turnkey service and did a great job all around.

Description of Work
Energy efficiency auditing and building-wide insulation

Category home inspection, insulation, energy audit

Work Completed On 07/30/2018

11/04/2018

Jeff M.

It went great. Took them two days as they said. Very satisfied with the work!

Description of Work
Insulation in attic, weather stripping, new bathroom fan and additional insulation around the house

Work Completed On 09/20/2018

10/05/2018

James F.

Atlas did an excellent job. They were not the least expensive quote I received (although not by much), but Atlas had the highest overall value. They pointed out things that the other companies missed, and they were prompt, courteous, professional and committed to customer service. They followed up with all the paperwork for my Pepco rebate even after I had paid in full, demonstrating their high business ethics standards. I was impressed from the first visit from Shannon to the final work.

Description of Work
Atlas provided a home energy audit through the Pepco program, and installed attic insulation, attic sealing, band-joist insulation and duct sealing.

Work Completed On 08/01/2018

08/16/2018

Cynthia B.

The technician was very professional and definitely knew he was talking about. He was friendly and I would hire them again to do the work.

Description of Work
Energy Audit

Category home inspection, insulation, energy audit

Work Completed On 08/16/2018

08/03/2018

Marissa A.

Atlas Home Energy Solutions is the real deal. Shannon did a thorough energy assessment and recommended several improvements. I was only able to do the top recommendation, air sealing/insulating the attic and whole house ventilation, but that made a huge difference! J.P., Vaughn, and a team of techs did the work in one (very hot) day. I noticed the difference immediately. Now the upstairs is much cooler on hot days and the a/c isn't running as long as before the work was done. The Atlas team is awesome! At the earliest opportunity, I will do more of the recommended items to make my house more energy efficient and comfortable and I suggest you do the same :)

Description of Work
Energy improvements, air sealed attic, added insulation, installed whole house ventilation

Work Completed On 07/17/2018

07/23/2018

Fabiola O.

Excellent. The teams are professional, polite and very efficient. Nolan explain to me the issues we had in my house. He answered all my questions and requests quickly. A great experience with Atlas Home Energy and my house's inside temperature is finally very comfortable.

Description of Work
Home energy, Air Seal and Improvement of insulation and internal ventilation.

Work Completed On 07/12/2018

07/14/2018

Salam D.

Atlas did a lot of work in our house. Spray foam in cantilevered floors, all the way around the band board in the basement, on kneewall between garage and the house, blown insulation in the attic, and more. We even added an exhaust fan in the one bathroom that didn’t have one. The job took 2 half days and a full day. Each day, the guys arrived exactly on time, did exactly what they said they’d do, and cleaned up so you’d never know they were there. They really did a fantastic job. Atlas’s prices were very reasonable. We had another company come out to give us an estimate, and Atlas included more work for less money, and we got a significantly higher subsidy from Pepco’s Empower Maryland program (almost 3x the subsidy that the other company specified). Pepco paid a huge percentage of this work, I was really amazed at how much of it they paid. And Atlas handled all the paperwork and kept us informed along the way. So, we’re VERY happy with Atlas Home Energy Solutions.

Description of Work
Insulation

Category insulation

Work Completed On 06/05/2018

06/06/2018

Brad C.

It was a pleasure working with Atlas from start to finish. Initially, Atlas performed an energy audit (via the Pepco Home Energy Check-Up Program) and provided a number of recommendations to improve the energy efficiency of my house. Their report was thorough and their auditor took a lot of time to answer all of my questions, particularly around the rebates I may be able to achieve based on the improvements to my home. I decided to move forward with most of their recommendations. The contract Atlas put together for the work was detailed and clear on the work that would be performed and the cost breakdown of each component. On the first day (of two) I received a call from the team lead to say exactly when they'd arrive. He said they would be 15 minutes late - but they were easily still in the first part of the arrival window (so it wasn't actually late). He introduced his team and explained all of the work that they would be doing and how long he thought it would take. He kept me posted throughout the day. At the end of the day when their work was complete he asked me if I had any questions, took the time to answer them all (I did not feel rushed or put upon) and then told me who would be coming on day two to complete the other tasks. Day two was a similarly good experience. Two team would take part in the insulation and sealing of my attic. Each team lead introduced themselves and their teams, explained what they'd be doing and asked if I had any questions. They even asked if I had a pet to know if they should keep doors closed so a pet wouldn't get out. The work went smoothly. Along the way they showed my pictures of the work (before and after), as it was in the attic and I could not easily go see for myself. At the end of the day they again asked if I had any questions or needed anything else. They sent me a final report with annotated pictures so I could see all of the work that was done. Additionally, they completed all of the paperwork with all of the metrics to submit to Pepco for a energy improvement rebate, and Pepco has accepted the changes and will be issuing a rebate. The experience was very pleasant, the work was good, and I would definitely hire Atlas again.

Description of Work
Seal and insulate attic, install exhaust fans

Work Completed On 05/07/2018

05/16/2018

Tian W.

Atlas inspected my home in February and insulated it in March 2018. They did an excellent job. Nolan was very courteous and helpful. He worked with me over several weeks to craft a solution within my budget. He went through multiple revision of the proposals and never was impatient about it. And he helped me apply to and get a discount of more than $1800 from Potomac Edison. The crew (J.P. Martinez and Van Boye and others) were professional and efficient. They very carefully taped up protective film and covered everything before applying spray foam, and they cleaned up afterwards. I also interacted with Mike (the manager?) a few times throughout the project and he is responsive and courteous as well. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Spray foam insulating the ceiling of my bedroom (which is directly under a roof deck and had NO insulation), adding insulation to the above-ground section of a wall in my basement, adding insulation to the attic, creating a reusable opening to the attic, and installing a whole-house fan.

Category home inspection, insulation