Home Paramount Pest Control

Founded 1939 • With Angi since October 2008

4.3

2011 Rock Spring Rd

Forest Hill, MD 21050

Family owned & operated. Additional email - angies@homeparamount.com and customerservice@homeparamount.com.

04/24/2018

Louis M.

OK. They made a good solution for a problem and returned when I asked for more work.

Description of Work
Rodent abatement and termite control.

02/27/2017

Lisa F.

There were still fleas after the first visit (they had gotten in our basement where there are a lot of boxes, etc. in storage. Home Paramount was very responsive and came out again (with no additional cost) and made sure that all fleas and eggs were killed. Very happy with their service.

Description of Work
We had an infestation of fleas in the house

01/18/2017

Sherry H.

They took care of the problem and we have had them service our house periodically ever since then. No more ants!

Description of Work
We have been using Home Paramount for about 10 years when a particularly damp spring caused an outbreak of ants in the homes in our area.

10/17/2014

Jerry C.

They did a very good job installing the termite preventatives and other pest control devices. They are also a very reputable company.

Description of Work
I hired Home Paramount to do quarterly pest control for me.

Category pest control

We also appreciate your business!!

09/22/2014

Melanie H.

Excellent. The Paramount rep was helpful, professional, and informative.

Description of Work
Inspected the entire house and outside perimeter for pests of all kinds.

Category pest control

We appreciate you business and the time you spent writing the comments. Thanks again for your business

06/16/2014

John R.

Home Paramount does a good job and they are prompt and courteous. No problems noted.

Description of Work
Checked my home for termites and other pests.

Category pest control

Thank you for taking the time to review our services. We appreciate your business

06/01/2014

Jason C.

It went well and they did all the work required. Two different teams do special exterminations like carpenter bees or wildlife vs. the regular treatment so if you have more than the standard treatment be aware youwill have to schedle more than one appointment if both crews cannot come out the same day/time.

Description of Work
Signed up for a year and initial cost was to plug all of the holes in my attic and crawl space, treat carpenter bees all around the house, and do aa general treatment.

Category pest control

Thank you for commenting and the feedback on Angie's List. We appreciate your business.

03/17/2014

At first, could not get them to come out after the first visit where they placed flags where the moles were. Then they came out 3 or 4 times and told me the moles were gone but they were not. They then wanted to charge ma again but I dropped them.

Description of Work
Supposed to get rid of moles but did not.

Category pest control

We attempted to reach out to the customer for details and concerns. Customer was no longer available by phone or email.

03/12/2014

Kathy A.

We pay a monthly fee of 66.14 to keep this critters out. Because of how bad the situation is they come out regularly to check on the house and make sure everything the critters can't get inside. We are very satisfied with them.

Description of Work
We have had some critters in our home. They came out to get rid of the critters.

Category pest control, animal removal

We are committed to taking care of any pest issues you may have. Thank you for your nice comments and please keep us posted on how we are doing. thanks again

08/12/2013

Jim S.

showed up on time carefully inspected inside and outside of home explained the treatment and what to expect the results have been excellent, no further evidence of either pest.

Description of Work
Treated my property for ant and mice infestation

Category pest control, animal removal

[member name removed], We appreciate your wonderful comments and hope to continue doing business with you. Keep us posted on how we are doing. Thanks again.

05/06/2013

Jim S.

Service rep showed up on time, treated the house for ants and rodents and advised he would return in 30 days for a follow up. Thus far, both problems persist, but the rep advised it may take a week or more for the nest to be killed. We will wait another week before rendering a further judgement.

Description of Work
Pest control service to exterminate an ant and rodent problem

Category pest control

thank you for the later comments and allowing us to fix any continued issues. We appreciate your business

02/26/2013

Cheli E.

What stands out to me most recently is that they know and remember their customers. They become familiar with your home each visit.

Description of Work
We have an annual contract with Home Paramount for general pest control, which covers everything. Later this week, they are performing termite extermination. We've been with them for about 6 years. They come quarterly and it's $90 each visit.

Category pest control

Thank you for your recommendation, our goal is to satisfy our customers.

02/02/2013

carl H.

We were getting service from this company at our hom and rental property. the rental property appears to be fine. Our home was getting pests. We called and complained about having issues. Another tech was sent out and told us the tech must not have been coming because nothing was done. He said he would make sure we received another tech. I waited for the company to make this right. We had their service for 2 years. I expected to be contacted and things made right. NEVR happened. I called and cancelled service at both locations

Description of Work
Quarterly Spraying for pests

10/15/2012

Sylvia B.

I found that this company has no regard for customers who have to work. For the exclusion service I was to have 4 treatments. I was home for the initial service then out of town for the second treatment. We had agreed that they would just treat the outside for the second treatment. For the third treatment, I called their customer service and was told that my treatment was scheduled for 6 pm. When I got home from work, I found a slip on my front door indicating that the technician had been there at noon. I called customer service again and eventually got a call from the technician. I set up an appointment for the following Monday at 10 am to do the final exclusion service. The technician called me that Monday and told me he was running late and would be here in about an hour and a half. Around noon I got a call from a different technician telling me he would be there in 20 minutes. When this 2nd technician arrived, he wasn't prepared to do the final exclusion step so I asked him not to do anything. Finally a manager got involved and scheduled the final treatment for Wednesday at 8:30 am. A third technician did arrive on time and do a very good job with the exclusion. Had I been dealing with him for the entire process, I may feel differently about the company. When I called about my treatment for the snake, their sales person told me that, upon home inspection, I had carpenter ants and should get treated. I agreed to this and when the exterminator came he said that I didn't have carpenter ants but I should be treated for spiders. I agreed to an initial treatment, a treatment at 30 days, and then quarterly after that. Again without an appointment, they came out for the 30 day treatment and treated just the outside. Managers claim that part of my issue was that they were sharing technicians between branches- wildlife and exterminator branches. And no one is communicating. Service might be better if you could deal with a specific branch instead of their 800 service. I have canceled my quarterly home services and would not recommend this company to anyone.

Description of Work
I had two services provided by Home Paramount- an exclusion service for a snake in my basement and one for carpenter ants.

08/02/2012

Leila B.

When we got infested with the stink bugs, even though it wasn't our time yet they came over and worked very diligently to try to eradicate the stink bugs as much as they could, and they did a good job. The other problem we had that they help us with immediately when it started was when we got a lot of Mason bees. You can't completely eradicate them because they will come back, so they spray a certain chemical, and those bees would not be able to go into where they normally go because of the the spray.

Description of Work
We have been using Home Paramount Pest Control services for the past 30+ years. We use them every three months. The last time was when we had the stink bug infestation.

Category pest control

We appreciate you taking the time to compliment the service from Home Paramount Pest Control. Thank you for your business

07/05/2012

MAUREEN C.

It is nothing really glamorous. They will explain to us what they did every time.

Description of Work
Home Paramount comes out to do pest control for me. I have a service contract with them.

07/02/2012

Pam M.

They are very good. We've been using them for 10 years. They do very well. They keep all kinds of critters outside where they belong because we live out in the country so we have a lot of creatures around. We don't know what others charge.

Description of Work
We use Home Paramount Pest Control every three months to spray inside and out for pest control.

Category pest control

Member, Thank you for responding about our services. We dont like bugs either!

06/22/2012

Suzanne N.

I have a contract with them and they come once every three months. They are pretty good. Their quote was cheaper than the guy next door. They are very good and very attentive. If I see any ants or anything, I call them and they come right back out and don't charge me for that. They come when they say they are coming.

Description of Work
I use Home Paramount Pest Control Co for pest control services. They come in and spray for carpenter ants indoor and outdoor.

06/21/2012

Andrew C.

We have a contract with them. I don't like much about them. We just haven't mounted serious enough objections to discontinue using them.

Description of Work
We used Home Paramount Pest Control to try to get rid of spring ants.

Category pest control

Contact was made with customer to resolve any issues. The customer did not recall reviewing services for previous services.

06/06/2012

C. Sylvia P.

They do a good job. They called when they were going to be late and I appreciated that. They send 2 people, which I also like.

Description of Work
I have a contract with Home Paramount which includes an annual inspection for termites. My inspection was yesterday.

Category pest control

We appreciate your business!

05/17/2012

Cyndi E.

They are very responisive. If we have any problems in between treatments, they come out right away to address any issues. They do not charge anything extra, it is part of their service.

Description of Work
They spray for bugs quarterly. They also taking care of a mouse problem for us.We've been using them for about 4 years.

05/07/2012

Barbara G.

Its going really well. They are very flexible. If you're not home they will treat the outside of the home and then come back to treat the inside when you are availible. They communicate well and are very thorough in their treatment methods.

Description of Work
They perform quarterly preventative treatment for pests on our home.

Category pest control

Thank you for taking the time to compliment our services. We appreciate your business

04/20/2012

Joseph B.

We have been using them for years. They guy who comes here is very professional. They do a great job and I would endorse them anytime.

Description of Work
HOME PARAMOUNT PEST CONTROL CO comes on a monthly basis to spray inside and outside. They found a termite nest outside before it got in and they took care of it.

04/18/2012

james S.

I used Home Paramount Pest Control on a monthly basis and it did not seem to accomplish much.

Description of Work
I used Home Paramount for pest control.

Category pest control

An attempt was made to contact the customer. No longer available

04/16/2012

Carole J.

They were good. What I really liked is that they would call ahead to let you know when they would be there so that you could be there, too. They would reschedule if you couldn't be there. They always showed up on time, which I really appreciate.

Description of Work
I had a routine annual contract for termites and also a contract for inside pests that included quarterly service.

Category pest control

thank you for your comments. Your business is appreciated.

PestNow LLC

The PestNow brand was originally founded in Virginia in 1995 as Superior Pest Management when four high school friends (Tony Bowers, Frank Bowers, Mark Tatum, and Joe Hamilton) came together to form their own company. With each of them bringing different work experience and education backgrounds to the company, they felt they could work together and use each other's strength to build a successful business. Since Virginia is one of the country's largest Real Estate markets in the country, they decided to start their business off with the WDI Report and approached realtors. With their goal of providing a high volume of inspections, they were able to offer their services at a low price. Low pricing, knowledgeable inspectors, and the ease of doing business with Superior led the owners to expand to other areas and open additional branches. With business exceeding expectations, Tony, Frank, Mark, and Joe decided they wanted to expand further and brought in Rusty Markland as their Operations Manager. With Rusty being long-time industry specialist, they are able to provide additional support to all of their branches; as well as make use of his years of experience to further improve the business. Now, in 2010 with demand for services continuing to increase and an impressive support system in place, the long-time friends knew it was time to implement a plan to broaden PestNow's reach and identified franchising as the best method to do that. By enlisting the help of franchisees to expand on the company's success, PestNow continues to build upon its reputation. Through franchising, they will be able to offer individuals the same opportunity they've enjoyed throughout the years- the ability to operate a fun, fulfilling, and profitable business while at the same time expanding the PestNow family to locales throughout the nation.

American Pest

American Pest is offering disinfectant and wipe-down services at this time to combat the spread of COVID-19. As always, we offer top rated pest control for the home and business; servicing D.C., Maryland and Virginia for 90+ years. Proven and reliable pest control for rodents, ants, mosquitoes, bed bugs, termites, and more! Our highly-trained, certified pest control professionals will help you to take back your home from pests and keep them out. Award winning, green-friendly options. Service guarantees. Emergency services and 24/7 local communications. We're up to the task of discussing your unique pest problems and providing you with the best possible experience. Contact us today to learn more about our pest control services!

Affordable Pest LLC

Expect the BEST! Pest Control Service You Can Trust, Guaranteed. Free Estimates. Locally owned & operated. Ask about our Angie's List discounts. Same Day Service. In Suburban Maryland call: (301) 654-7378 In Washington, DC call: (202) 803-6996 In Virginia call (703) 778-7378 In Fredericksburg call: (540) 373-7378 In Baltimore call: (410) 685-7378 To request service via email: service@affordablepest.com

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Home Paramount provides pest & termite control services to residential and commercial customers. Other services include treatments for bed bugs, mosquitoes and other flying insects. We also offer fumigation services, installation of TAP insulation, moisture control services, WDO/WDI reports for realtors, and wildlife control services.