Jim Jennings Transmissions

Founded 1958 • With Angi since June 2010

601 Eastern Blvd

Essex, MD 21221

The keyword at our transmission repair business is TRUST. The ownership, office staff, rebuilders, and technicians at Jim Jennings Transmissions strive to be a friendly, problem-solving, courteous, and informative group of people. In fact nothing excites our team more than solving customers' transmission problems. We know that having a problem with an automobile can be stressful. That is why we want to make the experience of getting a transmission fixed or rebuilt at our auto repair shop in Baltimore to be anything but complicated. In fact we want customers to feel right at home when they visit our service center. Our team also realizes that there are other transmission repair shops in Baltimore that would love the chance to fix our customers' transmission problems. This is why we make sure customers feel as if they are part of the Jim Jennings Transmissions family. In fact the goal of Jim Jennings Transmissions is to be the best transmission repair shop in Baltimore. Jim Jennings Transmissions hires only the best transmission rebuilders and specialists at our shop in Baltimore. We do not hire ordinary car mechanics, rather our team is made up of professionally-trained and qualified automotive transmission rebuilders that are ASE Certified Technicians. Customers of Jim Jennings Transmissions often find that the quality of our teams' vehicle repair services exceeds their expectation of finding a transmission repair shop in Baltimore. Our technicians and rebuilders understand and appreciate that the vehicles they repair are used for transportation to and from work, transporting precious cargo, and getting around the Baltimore area for important appointments and errands. In other words, the vehicles they service are important to and depended upon by our customers....

04/05/2017

Very professional bunch of guys there

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I thought I needed a new transmission. After diagnosing my car I found out I did not need a transmission.

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/21/2017

02/05/2017

Bought a used 2007 Nissan Altima from a used car dealership on Belair Rd in the city in August 2016. It became apparent that the people who own this dealership do not know cars. Enough of that, I took it to Jim Jennings recently & had the best experience for the problem I was having with a car that I only had for 4 months. Would definitely go back (but hopefully not til my next car)

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Rebuilt transmission & a few miscellaneous problems that were found once the engine was removed

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/09/2017

10/21/2015

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Excellent Customer service and professional.

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/19/2015

07/20/2014

Very professional, friendly, and honest people. I wasn't sure if it was worth fixing the transmission on our van, and they never pushed me to have it done. They gave me their opinion, and I was able to make the choice on my own based on all the information they gave me. We decided not to have it fixed but if I ever have any problems with another car, I will take it to this honest shop!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Gave second opinion on possible transmission problems.

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/06/2014

05/27/2014

I'm not sure if they did a diagnostic on my vehicle because they did not charge me for a diagnostic and paperwork did not say what they did to get the price quote they gave . I thought it was pricey and unusual not to get a diagnostic nor paperwork to show how and why they quote the price so decide to look elsewhere for better price quote and serve that will explain and explain/show what the probl...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They told me I had to leave my vehicle there all day. The place seems like a very busy business. They were professional. They said they looked at my transmission and informed me that it will need to be replace. They quote me a price for a new ($3,500) and used ($2,000 or more) transmission.

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/01/2014

05/19/2014

The staff was friendly. They started rebuilding the transmission before I brought in my car, so the turn around time was amazing (4 days).

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They rebuilt a transmission for my 2001 Honda Accord and replaced my front and back breaks.

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/13/2014

03/23/2014

Jennings had  the or two days, determined that it was an electrical problem and the wear and tear was the result of a design flaw (access would require removing and reinstalling the transmission.  They found a work around that the said would probably  be good for at least 3-4 years.  We've always been satisfied and will return.  Oh, by the way, the cost was of the service was $5,700 less than the ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Many years ago we took two cars to JJ that needed basic transmission work.  We were very please, the experience was good, and the price was considerably less than other shops.  Most recently, we took a 2010 Subaru Forrester with problem that could not be diagnosed by a Subaru dealer!! Since they couldn't diagnosis it, they said that the only recourse was to replace the transmission at the cost of $6,000 and they told us that it really wasn't worth "putting that into the car."

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/03/2014

09/20/2013

We have been going here for 23+ years.  On many occasions we have gone in expecting them to tell us it's time for a new transmission only to find out it is a simple maintenance issue.  This last time unfortunately indeed the transmission and other things had to be completely replaced.   They are great at explaining all of your options and exactly what the ramifications of each   option entails.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
swapped out transmission on truck.

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/15/2013

07/28/2012

I called Jim Jenning's transmissions based on a recommendation from Angie's List and several friends. I have just moved to Baltimore and the transmission on my Chevrolet SUV failed. I called them after hours, received a prompt response, had AAA tow my vehicle there and the work was done in 2 days. They called me every step of the way with updates and estimates of time and cost. My inquiries at tru...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Transmission assessment. Rebuild. Install and warranty.

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/02/2012

07/09/2011

As stated above this is the filet mignon of businesses. They are a choice steak when in this day all you usually get is fatty hamburger. I could never say enough about them. Thank you Jim Jennings, Thank you J.C and Gary. You have restored my hope that customer service is still out there, though rare its there.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
This is not the first time we have used this business. About a year ago they also put a transmission in for us. We were so overwhelmed by the fact that our vehicle needed it and the price, I was stressed no knowing how we would find the money. They get an A+ in customer service everyone there from J.C to Gary to all the rest were so understanding and helpful. They worked out a payment plan we could afford. They called us on a regular basis to let us know the progress. They sat you down offered you a drink and took all the time we needed to explain everything before and after. They never made you feel like you were bothering them. After we had that done about a year later my husband thought something might have been wrong with the tranny so I called up and they said bring it right in, made time and room for us. They diagnosed it as a fan clutch and there was no charge.   Well we just recently had another horrible place put an engine in and our transmission was acting strange so once again I called up J.C and he said bring it right in, we got there and Gary came out welcomed my husband took his keys and said here let me move that for you. Then sat us down again as we went over our terrible engine experience even though it wasnt their problem he took the time to hear us out then went above and beyond again to help us solve our problem. He advised us on the diplomatic routes to take and made phone calls for us trying to fix this even calling the shop that did our engine work. They have called us everyday since they had our car just giving updates. Come to find out we now need a computer put in, they said they will do it for us so we dont have to take it somewhere else. I can not begin to put into words what this business truly is, no words will justify what they do for their customers. They are problem solvers and our needs come first everytime. the kindness and compassion and courtesy they show is something I have not ever seen elsewhere and probably never will. They are a rare breed. they should be the poster business for what every business should strive to.  I can never thank them for all the things they have done for us.  I give them my highest reccommendation.

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/08/2011

Transmission Repair, Clutch Repair, Differential Repair, Drivetrain Repair.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available