A & B Home Improvement

Founded 1938 • With Angi since February 2012

4.2

111 Riverside Drive

Essex, MD 21221

We are a 3rd generation roofing company. We are GAF certified with the licence# of CE21563. We are a family owned and operated run business. We keep all of our work in house with no sub-contracting. Father or son on work site at all times. We have been doing roofing in our family since 1938. 15yr labor warranty on tear off on shingle roofs & 10yr labor warranty on shingle re-roofs plus 25 and 50yr manufacture warranty on shingle. Additional phones - (800) 670-8679....

08/08/2020

Julia S.

The worst job ever. Crooked tiles, loose tiles, leaks, rubberroid roof done incorrectly. Seamless gutters leak (improperly installed) and dented in many areas. Did NOT put up new wood on the front as agreed. Roof sinking. As for the back of the roof, it was better than the front. One other thing to add: each time he came back, he made things worse! He globbed caulk and cement glue everywhere. Claimed leak was always coming from the window, so he destroyed my window in which he would then have to replace it. He gave me an estimate of $3500 to replace both windows, one of which was already somewhat new! And this estimate was done prior to him destroying the window area. He claims I told him he was going to do the windows! NOT! I don’t believe in bad-mouthing people but people should be aware when someone does a poor job and if they are deceitful. It’s your hard-earned money being put to poor use.

Description of Work
New roof w/new wood underneath

Category contractors, gutter repair, roofing, replacement windows

06/13/2018

Michael L.

very unprofessional they destroyed a lot of other stuff

Description of Work
roofing replacement

This guy is not the home owner and he's a renter and they had a whole bunch of junk laying around the yard and house and the roof was a 3layer tearoff no where to go with a 10/12 pitch have pictures to prove what I'm talking about and had a excellent clean up dude is must think the junk around the yard thinks they must have American pickers crap lol made everything wright

05/30/2018

Emory K.

On time, on schedule, courteous, professional work. The company did a really great job and we are very, very pleased with the results.

Description of Work
Re-shingled the house following severe wind storm damage

03/25/2018

Edward M.

Called on a Friday and Jeremy said he would be there on Tuesday to review the damage and provide an estimate. Didn't hear from him on Tuesday so I called the next day. He said he didn't have a chance to go on Tuesday so he would go today. When I got home on Wednesday, it looked like he had been there because I had a large, deep tire track across my front yard where he attempted to pull into my driveway. I never received a call from Jeremy with the estimate so I moved on to another company to complete the repairs.

Description of Work
Siding and roof repair

Category roofing, siding

He said he need roof repair and siding I'd actually left an estimate on that Sunday in mailbox before Tue he called me Tue I'd talked to him and said I'd left an estimate in mailbox he'd said he didn't get it than he'd said I only need a pcs of siding so I went back by the next day and parked along the street side not the driveway he lives on the corner that's where the siding was missing and again I left another price in mailbox and never heard from him again he was a tire kicker ( waste of time) if itwas me he never called me about it an asked but I wasn't in his driveway he'd must of wanted to do the job fornothing I guess he was wasting my time due to alotof storm damage and the 2nd time I believed I left him a text message for a price so how can you give me a grade if I didn't do any work for you thanks

05/30/2017

NANCY M.

A&B was prompt on returning phone calls, prompt on showing up on time to provide estimate. They responded quickly when I need a temporary cover due to an impending snow storm and prompt when the install was scheduled to be done. Work was completed on time and done efficiently. Would refer to them again if I needed another roof replacement. Would also recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Roof replacement on a section of the house.

11/28/2016

Steve O.

Perfect! I would not hesitate to call on them again. I feel that I got real value for my money from a company I can trust.

Description of Work
I needed a roof evaluation, and they earned my trust in that process. Subsequently I hired them to replace the roof entirely. They did a great job, met deadlines subject to weather challenges, and they cleaned up completely.

09/12/2016

jeffrey B.

Description of Work
They fixed all my roof problems. They met my timeline. They also cleaned up well

11/27/2015

Tammi C.

Description of Work
Jeremy and his crew installed a totally new roof for us. Jeremy offered the best price, by far, out of all the companies we received estimates from. He also came out twice after installation to help with random things we were worried about that turned out to have nothing to do with the roof installation (but he helped fix them anyway). I would highly recommend Jeremy and his company.

08/05/2015

Alice D.

First, he came within two hours of our call. He spent over an hour evaluating and fixing anything on the dormer that could be a problem. His company redid this roof several years ago, and he refused to charge for the repair. He offered to come back if there are any addtional problems. The roof has withstood torrential rain and unusual weather since it was installed. On this repair, Jeremy offered suggestions and better thinking than any other roofer we have ever consulted. Professional and excellent craftsmenship, and great followup.

Description of Work
Jeremy came to check on a small roof leak we had developed. We are currently remodeling the bathroom under this dormer, and the thought of the roof leaking into this brand new renovated space was troubling.

Category contractors, roofing, home remodeling

07/30/2015

Marina M.

They were quick to come out for an estimate, and return to add some items to the estimate. My only complaint would be that they were not clear about what day they would be coming. I can only assume that with all the rain, jobs were being delayed. Even so, we didn't have to wait long for the work to begin. The work crew showed up early and left no trace of having been there when the job was completed. I would highly recommend A&B Home Improvement.

Description of Work
Replaced the roof with architectural shingles, installed new gutters, downspouts and gutter guards.

05/07/2015

Richard Y.

Description of Work
Roof.replace shingles

04/01/2014

Richard Y.

They were very good.

Description of Work
I used the roofing service of A & B Home Improvement. He put a new single half of every copy of it.

Exterior Specialists

We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

Prestige Pressure Washing

We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule an estimate today!

Window Nation Inc

Window Nation is one of America's leading window replacement companies. Founded in 2006 by brothers, Harley and Aaron Magden, Window Nation has installed over 1 million windows in more than 125,000 homes across New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Ohio, Indiana, Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Washington D.C., Maryland, and Northern Virginia. Over the past decade, Window Nation has grown to become the 5th largest home remodeling company in the country, according to Remodeling Magazine. At Window Nation our mission is simple. We solve problems by installing solutions. We do this by offering customized products installed by highly skilled professionals at an unsurpassed value.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available