David Williams Electric

Founded 1987 • With Angi since May 2005

PO Box 2272

Ellicott City, MD 21041

David Williams Electric Company is proud to have served Howard County and the surrounding area for over 25 years. We specialize in providing a full range of residential electrical services for our customers. We are known for our rapid service and dedication to 100% customer satisfaction. Just ask our customers…all 12,000 of them! In addition to David Williams, founder and president, the David Williams Electric Company has attracted talented, competent and most personable electricians to the team. They include David Szarko & Vernon Williams. David Williams Electric Company was founded by and is managed by David Williams. Cost is determined by the job....

08/10/2022

MIchael R.

Great! Very professional, timely and efficient. Great problem solvers, big or small.

Description of Work
Troubleshoot an electrical problem and made appropriate repairs.

04/20/2022

Lisa S.

First, let me say that as an English major, I know nothing about electrical repair. That said, this electrical company takes the time to educate and speak to me as an equal. I have called not even knowing where the switch box was. The owner walked me through the process. Furthermore, on the occasions when they have come to the house, they have transparently shown me what they are doing, and told me future steps that could prevent a similar malfunction. In an age when we are all so busy, this company takes the time to educate you and fix electrical needs quickly and efficiently. Thank you. -Lisa S, Ellicott City, MD

Description of Work
Excellent Electrical Repair

07/19/2021

DHRUV G.

Mr. Williams is a top-notch, high-character guy who knows his stuff. He attracts good talent and helps train youngsters in the electrical trade. We've had him and his team work on various projects in our home over the years, and they are always dependable, thorough, professional, and skilled. Although the team's prices aren't the lowest, you know what you're getting and that quality of work and peace of mind is worth it. When I think electrician, I think Dave and that's why I will call him next and every time I need electrical work done.

Description of Work
Multiple projects over the years

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

01/25/2021

Deborah B.

We would definitely not recommend this company. The receptionist told us they would be here for 1 to 1.5 hours and the charge would be $165-$235. They stayed only 45 minutes (one electrician and one college-student assistant who just handed the electrician tools) and charged us $235, although they did not fix any one of the 4 things we hired them to do. They told us that one fixture needed a new transformer. I asked them if they could order one for us, and they said no. I asked where we could order one, and they said they did not know. The electrician gave me an estimate of the size of the transformer. After he left, my husband and I had to climb a ladder and unfasten the cover of the fixture ourselves to double-check the size, and the electrician was off by a few tenths of an inch, which makes a difference with something like this. The electrician did some work on our nonworking outlets but left the job abruptly, saying he had to go to another job. He did "fix," temporarily, one of our other lights, but he said we should replace the fixture ourselves and that his temporary fix might only last for an hour. Our advice is to hire a company that will give a free estimate so you don't waste money and time having someone come out who is not going to fix what you want fixed without charging you for another visit. And find a company that feels confident that they can buy a transformer for you or at least show you what you need to buy and let you buy it yourself.

Description of Work
We needed two light fixtures and two outlets fixed

Category electrician

She was a customer that you couldn't please no matter what. I even told her to send whatever she though was fair for the service and that would be fine. As of today, she hasn't sent any payment. What she said in her review above isn't true at all. We did 2098 jobs last year. When this call came in I had a feeling not to take the job and I was right.

01/16/2021

Kem W.

Everything was performed perfectly. David responded immediately to my Angie's list RFP and scheduled the work the same week. The electricians arrived on time, did everything as agreed-to, and cleaned up completely. They did a great job.

Description of Work
Install 20 Amp circuit in the basement with 2 outlets. Add overhead light.

Category electrician, lighting

08/27/2020

Steve M.

He was very good. The service was excellent.

Description of Work
He installed firewalls and updated the outlets.

07/10/2020

Tom B.

Initial contact, estimates, and the job itself all went very smooth. They arrived on the day and time promised. The work was well done and the price reasonable. The installer encountered an unexpected below ground interference, called me to let me know, but otherwise resolved the issue himself, handling a BG&E inspection (that in itself was something of a problem), then finished the job leaving the site clean. Would use them again anytime.

Description of Work
Install replacement post light

Category lighting, home security systems

01/03/2020

Mike L.

David was excellent. I found them couple years ago through Angie's List and I used them 3-4 times since then. They will be my electrician forever.

Description of Work
Switches and lighting fixtures.

11/22/2019

Margaret K.

I am very happy with my experience and wholeheartedly recommend using them. David and his team were very professional and a pleasure to do business with. I will definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
bathroom vanity, ceiling, and outdoor flood lights

11/22/2019

Dan P.

Dave and his brother Vernon did a super job. Came right on time, immediately assessed the project and proceed to install the chandelier. Very professional, clean, efficient and polite. We have a great experience and would definitely rehire Dave Williams. Strongly recommend them to anybody who needs electrical jobs being done professionally and fast. Thank you Dave!

Description of Work
Installing a chandelier in our bedroom

Category electrician, lighting

10/17/2019

Patricia F.

David Williams Electric is a highly professional company. The electrician arrived on time, worked very efficiently, cleaned up very well, and was very courteous. I really like this company because they are a small company so we knew exactly who was going to be entering our home! Thank you David Williams Electric!

Description of Work
We had a dedicated outlet installed on our garage.

10/15/2019

Edward K.

Dave and his team found the culprit, fixed the issue. Very happy with their expert knowledge and how fast they responded.

Description of Work
We lost entire room’s power. Circuit breaker did not help.

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

08/08/2019

Mike S.

very well. two personnel worked professionally, hooked up the devices to my electrical grid. and stayed and helped me through the ring.com setup process, which connected to my wifi

Description of Work
installed two ring.com flood cameras and replaced an attic fan

Category electrician, lighting, home security systems

05/05/2019

Kevin H.

The electrician was on time and efficient. He discussed what he was doing and why, was careful about aligning the flood lights to the desired location, discussed the operation choices of the flood light, and cleaned up when he was finished. Both lights work great.

Description of Work
We had a dimmer switchinstalled and a outdoor spotlight with a switch inside.

04/24/2019

walter H.

David Williams was a super nice guy, very efficient, prompt and knowledgeable. Would hire again. Finding a consistent, reliable, skilled person/company in the trades is always challenging and hopefully David Williams will be there for a long time

Description of Work
Outlet work and electrical review

04/16/2019

Joseph B.

The David Williams team performed great. They contacted me quickly and provided initial quotes over the phone and stuck to their estimates. We had 12 outlets changed out and 4 ceiling fan remotes removed and repair to several outside outlets that were not working. I had the wrong equipment originally but they were great about finding another item they had in stock and getting to our house same day. Work was done very well and they cleaned up after themselves. We had two electricians working simultaneously so the job was only a few hours despite having to remove several ceiling fans including one at 14' feet.

Description of Work
We had outlets changed out and faulty ceiling fan remote sensors removed

01/31/2019

Chance Shane W.

Dave arrived on time. He was very professional and friendly. He went to work immediately and the work he performed was perfect. Everything about the company exceeded my OCD expectations. I cannot say enough about the company. From the initial phone contact to the finished product. I have additional electrical tasks and will only use the David Williams company.

Description of Work
Install track lighting

01/30/2019

Stephen O.

My home was a new construction and the builder’s electrical contractor said to put in an outlet after he finished wiring the entire house would be as difficult as pulling teeth. I called David Williams after I closed on the house and when the team arrived, they inspected the area and said it CAN be done. The work was completed in maybe an hour. It has been about 6 months and everything is going great. This is my go to electrical company from now on because they actually possess excellent problem solving skills.

Description of Work
They installed an electric outlet for my instant hot water in my kitchen.

01/10/2019

Julie R.

They did a great job. They scheduled the work within 2 days, arrived early for the appointment, and solved the problem I was having quickly and competently. I would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Fixed broken fan switch

11/12/2018

Alicia C.

Awesome! Quick, fast and reasonable. Will definitely be calling on them again if I need electrical work.

Description of Work
3 way light switches needed to be changed out.

09/17/2018

Nancy T.

Diagnosis of problem was quick. Rewiring of outside post was quicker than expected. GFI switch was easily replaced. New light fixture installed

Description of Work
Rewire outside post light, replace post light fixture, replace GFI switch

09/03/2018

Marcus B.

The work was done quickly and properly. Dave immediately identified the problem and was in and out in no time. He was awesome. I would definitely use him again. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Fix broken light switches

08/08/2018

Meetesh P.

David, arrived as scheduled. He diagnosed the issue with the faulty electric outlets within minutes of arriving. The issue was fixed within 30 minutes. We have used David Williams Electric in the past. They have always completed the work on time and on budget. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Light switch needed to be replaced and two electric outlets needed to be fixed

08/07/2018

Thomas C.

Turned out to be one switch on the generator transfer case was out of position. On the phone he had told me what to try, but I missed it. He found that quickly, and didn't even charge me, as he had been down the street on his previous call. Great guy.

Description of Work
Power was out in one area of our house.

08/03/2018

Chad B.

We're happy we found David Williams. They were very responsive and took the time to listen and answer all of our questions. They're very honest in recommending what to do and not to do. They were extremely thorough and respectful of our house in keeping everything clean. We'll definitely be using them in the future for our electrical needs.

Description of Work
Receptacle for TV Mounting

E B Landscaping & Home Improvement, LLC

E.B. Landscaping & Home Improvement, LLC has built a reputation for quality work with each satisfied customer. Our sense of pride is apparent in every restoration we complete. Call E.B. Landscaping & Home Improvement, LLC today and we’ll be there in your time of need. E B Landscaping is a family owned and operated business, serving Howard County for over 22 years. We deliver quality work at a reasonable price. Call for a FREE estimate on any of your landscape needs

Edward’s Lawn & Landscaping

Award winning, locally owned and operated lawn care and landscape maintenance company. Everything from lawn care, fertilizer & weed control programs, landscape maintenance programs, aeration & seeding, cleanups, mulching, landscape design & plantings, landscape drainage projects, grading, leaf removals, lawn rejuvenations, seeding & sodding, patios, walls, walkways, fences, decks and tree removal...we handle just about it all! Give us a call today for your FREE quote!

Bartz Landscaping

Our Mission at Bartz Landscaping is to design, build, and maintain Outdoor Living Spaces and Scenery to create Timeless Memories for our Clients. Bartz Landscaping is a customer-centric organization that fulfills their daily operations and mission with the Utmost Care and Attention-To-Detail for our Customers. We believe that we will accomplish our Goals and Targets- by helping our Customers, Vendors, Staff, and Community in accomplishing Their Goals and Targets. Bartz Landscaping is specialized and exhibits their talents through Pool & Spa Building, Landscaping, Hardscaping & Masonry, Drainage Solutions, and Horticulture. Sean Bartz, Founder & Owner, can be found providing solutions, coaching and developing the Team, helping our Clients, and Sharing Smiles & Positivity. MHIC #137028. MDA- F1170

Offers by Bartz Landscaping on Angi
    Maryland
    Maryland: General

Recessed lighting, ceiling fans, receptacles added, outside flood lights, light replacements, smoke detectors, circuit repairs, panel upgrades and much more.

Commercial work