Automatic Doorz

Founded 1999 • With Angi since March 2009

7913 Brightlight Pl

Ellicott City, MD 21043

We're a garage door company that provides residential garage door repair, commercial doors, operators, service and installation services throughout MD and Washington DC. Since 2000, we have been putting our customers first by providing outstanding service at reasonable prices with expertise of over

01/21/2021

Juha K.

It went very well. There was no issues or complaints. I am very happy. They were very efficient and the estimate had been giving very professionally. The work was done very fast and it went well.

Description of Work
I had an old garage door that was 27 years old and noisy. We needed a new door that is smooth, quiet, and of the same color as the current one (to meet HOA requirements). A solid door (no windows).

Category doors

08/28/2020

Jerry J.

The technician who came to the house was extremely good and was well organized

Description of Work
I replaced to existing garage doors

08/06/2020

Cynthia U.

The man who came out, Chris, was very meticulous and did such a good job that we also asked him to change out the springs on a second garage door as a measure of precaution. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
We needed to replace broken springs on a garage door.

07/03/2020

Alvin N.

Excellent job. They tuned my door up and got it working in no time. They also offered sound safety recommendations. I'd definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Garage Door Tune Up

Category doors

05/06/2020

angela M.

Very responsive and professional. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Springs replaced on garage door

04/23/2020

Vonita O.

The service was great. Mike was early and very professional with a friendly manner. I would hire him again. He gave great advice because one of my garage door openers has a little hiccup. Thank you for the fantastic service. Vonita Osborn

Description of Work
I needed new springs and pulley's installed. One of my springs was broken.

03/14/2020

H R.

Chris arrived on time after a call 30 minutes before arrival. He was professional and explained everything to me. He quickly diagnosed the problem and told me what needed to be done and what my options were, including costs. He worked efficiently and explained everything to me about my new unit. Cleaned up thoroughly afterwards. Would definitely hire again for garage door issues, and will recommend to my neighbors.

Description of Work
Replacement of Garage Door Opener Motor

02/22/2020

Andrew M.

They've been wonderful. Very pleased with them.

Description of Work
They do follow-up calls a few months ago. We have a broken garage door and they've been just checking it out.

02/16/2020

Helen M.

Fantastic! They worked around my schedule, and were prompt, professional, and thorough.

Description of Work
My garage door opener needed a tune up.

02/04/2020

Bethany H.

Everyone involved was very communicative and easy to talk to. Mike responded very quickly to my inquiry and we set up a time for an estimate. I believe it was Chris who came out for the estimate. He gave me a call before heading over and helped figure out how to work around some unique situations with our house having been built in the 1960s. I think Danny was the one who ended up doing the installation, which went just as smoothly. Overall it was a very positive experience and I wouldn't hesitate to hire them again or recommend them to others.

Description of Work
We had a garage door opener installed on our existing manual door.

12/11/2019

Noah H.

It went great, they were on time, courteous, worked quickly, and the price was great. They also came back a few months later and re-adjusted the door for free.

Description of Work
Needed my garage door repaired.

10/24/2019

Bruce B.

Automatic Doors installed a new two car garage door and opener after removing the old door, framework, and opener. They did a fantastic job! New door is beautiful, opens smoothly, and is very quiet. Working with this company was a pleasure. They came quickly after initial contact for an assessment, provided a detailed quote for the options we were interested in, scheduled the install, and came right on time. Very happy with the results. Highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
New Garage Door and Opener

10/04/2019

JOhn S.

Excellent. Responded within 1 day, technician phoned ahead, arrived promptly, conducted full checkup, and salvaged non-working keypad. Courteous and helpful technician. Company suggested and applied Angie's List deal pricing for the checkup, and total costs were reasonable. Definitely would use again.

Description of Work
Replace broken garage door hinges

10/01/2019

John H.

Purchased the Angie's List $299 deal for new replacement garage door opener. Service was great. The job was easy to schedule. The contractor (Chris) was very professional and did a great job.

Description of Work
Replace garage door opener

08/13/2019

Kristina T.

Everything went great with the repair. The technician called ahead, arrived on time, was very professional and personable. We used this company three years ago and had the same kind of experience. I highly recommend Automatic Doorz!

Description of Work
Repaired garage door springs

07/26/2019

Trina J.

The installer (Chris) originally came to install/replace a garage door opener. He didn’t leave until after successfully completing all the checkpoints to ensure everything worked. Within less than 5 mins of his departure, the old spring popped. I telephoned Chris and informed him of what had just occurred. Instead of redirecting me to call the office to schedule a new appointment, he immediately cane back and completed the repairs. THANK YOU for your kindness and professionalism!!!!

Description of Work
Garage door installation and repair

06/25/2019

MARK R.

Really couldn’t have gone any better. Fixed remotes and keypad. Programmed car to operate doors as well. Also replaced faulty brace. Chris was excellent!! Best money I’ve spent.

Description of Work
Reprogram remotes and keypad

04/10/2019

Xzana T.

Danny was efficient, onetime and did an outstanding job installing my new Craftsman garage door opener that I provided. He also installed a new keypad opener (replaced the old one.) I paid more to have the keypad (he provided) and installed it. Overall, his work was excellent and he was in and out in less than 1 hour. I felt the pricing was reasonable. He didn't replace the rails because the new ones wouldn't fit. He also left the new sensors (elected not to have them installed) because they would not have show the sensor light from the side. Both were options I elected.

Description of Work
I needed a new garage door opener installed.

03/04/2019

BOB S.

I had a garage door that would go up when the neighbor pushed her button. The model that I had couldn't be re-coded, so Dan from the company replaced it in about an hour. Now it works fine and I don't worry about security issues anymore. Thank you for a job well done.

Description of Work
Garage door opener replacement

02/05/2019

Brian S.

Very professional and helpful in giving an honest assessment of my doors

Description of Work
Garage door adjustment

01/18/2019

Cynthia M.

They were extremely responsive and showed up right on time. The job was completed in a timely fashion and we are happy with the final product.

Description of Work
Installed garage door opener.

12/10/2018

Mary Z.

Automatic Doorz did a great job diagnosing our issue, and installing a replacement opener. They also tuned up the doors. Everything was complete in 1 hour. I would use them again in a heartbeat!

Description of Work
Garage door opener was erratic

12/10/2018

Ivan R.

Took them less than 30 minutes to replace motor with superior model. Their expertise allows them to charge less than all their competitors and deliver excellent service.

Description of Work
I tried fixing a garage door that was malfunctioning because it somehow got out of synch. Of course I snapped off the sprocket that drives the chain and made it worse. These guys quoted me an estimate to repair and one to replace....both seemed reasonable but I chose to replace. Cost to replace was 325 vs. 200 but seemed like a no brainer as I plan to stay in the house for awhile. They were great, professional,courteous,quick. Great to see they could provide good pricing and still make money. I’m not easily charmed by contractors but I can’t wait for my other door to break so I can have them back.

11/29/2018

Ivan R.

Prompt courteous and inexpensive - 325 for 8 foot door. Hope my other door fails so I can use them again :)

Description of Work
They replaced garage door opener

10/12/2018

Monica T.

Excellent! The technician, Chris, arrived on time, got to work immediately and had all 3 openers installed and working beautifully. He gave us a brief overview of how the doors worked and explained their operation, including the use of the obstruction detection sensors. He was very pleasant to work with and cleaned up the workspace. He even took our old broken openers away. Later that afternoon, the company called to ask if we were happy with the service. I was very happy and I would highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Replace garage door openers