APM Advanced Pest Management - Elkton

Founded 1964 • With Angi since November 2010

913 N Bridge St

Elkton, MD 21921

Protecting your home, family and environment has been our family's business since 1964. Our company is committed to providing the highest quality service to our customers. We are a full service company providing a variety of pest control and specialty services to homes and businesses in Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, Southern New Jersey, and Northern Virginia. Our reputation, commitment to service excellence and competitive rates, make our company the right choice for you. APM. Character, Competence, Service. Additional phone number - (800) 566-2847. Additional DBAs - APM Services, APM, Inc....

01/17/2018

Marshall K.

It went well.

Description of Work
Each year APM comes to our house and performs a complete assessment of potential insect infestation. They are very good.

Category pest control

Thank you for taking the time to post your review! We appreciate your business! Please give us a call if we can be of further service! Thanks again!

01/10/2018

Benjamin B.

Their service is very good. They will come back if needed for a second treatment, but that's not usually required. The only irritation we have with them is they start so early in the year with billing for the annual service which they can't perform until spring.

Description of Work
We have them perform an annual termite inspection and other remediation services as needed., such as elimination of carpenter ants. They also sealed our porch against stink bugs.

Category pest control

Happy New Year Mr. [Member Name Removed]. Thank you for taking the time to provide your experience with Advanced Pest Management. We do send out early automated billing as we have clients with vacation homes and rentals. We will note your account that you would prefer not to receive the early billing notice. If there is anything else we can do please don't hesitate to ask. We appreciate you being a customer. All the best.

09/04/2017

Marshall K.

Fine, even though they could not locate a external termite monitor. It was hiding under a couple of leaves. I uncovered it after I read that they could not locate it. I trust APM. I was burned by the previous service providers.

Description of Work
Yearly checkup.

03/14/2017

David Q.

APM is very proactive to remind us that annual service is due. They have also been very responsive when we find any pests!

Description of Work
Annual service agreement.

01/31/2017

Kevin D.

Great outcome problem addressed.

Description of Work
We had spider and mice issues.

Category pest control

Hello Mr. [Member Name Removed], I'd like to thank you for the review. I hope to continue to meet your expectations. If there is anything I can help you with in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thanks, James Foley Chief Operating Officer Advanced Pest Management 410-398-8071

08/16/2016

Brian G.

Excellent. Prompt and timely service. Very responsive.

Description of Work
Routine service

06/21/2016

Joseph J.

Description of Work
The agent for he provider sprayed around the outside of the entire house and also sprayed trees among other duties.

03/04/2015

Kelly P.

I called them with an usual situation. Our family pet, a hamster, escaped and got into the central air ducts and passed away. We were very sad as it was, so trying to figure out how to deal with the remains made a bad situation worse. We called several air duct cleaners and they wanted nothing to do with it, and a different pest company said they wouldn't help us either. I was really surprised and bummed that no one could/would give us advice. I finally called APM and the receptionist said she'd have one of the specialists call me back. He did, and talked to me for a good 20 minutes, advising me about the different options I had and their pros and cons, and telling me about similar personal experiences he had and how he dealt with it. Rather than taking advantage of my vulnerability, he instead offered compassionate expertise about what I might do. We ultimately decided to do nothing, and let the odor pass, which only took a couple weeks. Without his insight, we may have been ripping the walls and vents apart, which would have been a nightmare. I wanted to write a good review for them because I really appreciated the time they spent to help me, for no monetary gain. I will definitely call them whenever we have a pest problem in the future.

Description of Work
Provided great customer service, even when it wouldn't result in a paying job for them.

Category pest control, house cleaning

We are so glad your situation has been resolved! Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments regarding your experience with us! We truly appreciate it! Please give us a call if we can be of service in the future!

10/20/2014

suzanne C.

call me for details by phone or e-nail later

Description of Work
sprays for all types of bugs & snakes when necssery with yearly ongoing contract

Category pest control, animal removal

Thank you for you continued loyalty to APM and your positive review. We rely on great customers like you to grow and will always be committed to providing you and all customers with a superior service. Please let us know if there is anything more we can do for you!

08/18/2014

laura R.

I contacted APM about a small and contained bed bug infestation. I agreed to a high price because I was confident that "professionals" would be able to erradicate the infestation, but I couldn't have been more wrong. Not only did the treatments not work in the infested area, it spread the infestation to the rest of the house! The infestation became worse with each treatment (a total of three coming to almost $1600) to the point where I resorted to buying my own pesticides on Amazon, applied them myself, and that was the only relief to the situation. During the treatment process, I followed APM's instructions to a T, but they did not adhere to any of my requests. I asked them to concentrate on certain areas that I knew where problems, and after the treatments I could clearly see by the lack of residue from the application that they had not. One technician that came to do my second treatment on my two story, 2800 sq. foot house only stayed for fifteen minutes. It would have been impossible for him to thoroughly treat my first floor in that time. APM did offer to come out and treat again once I expressed my dissatisfaction with the service, but I declined because of how the infestation had become worse since they had been coming (perhaps trying to make a return customer?). Instead I wanted a break in my total cost since I had to invest additional money in other pesticides to do the job I was already paying them to do, but they refused and rudely at that. I have two small children and am not wealthy, so the price tag was a huge burden and so frustrating because of the lack of effectiveness. I did mention to APM that I would be reviewing them on Angie's list, but did not get around to it until now. The receptionist that I dealt with through out the process was very unprofessional and caddy, even calling out the fact that I had yet to review them. I will never use this company ever again, and not only would I not recommend them, I would emplore anyone considering using them to not do so. Bed bug infestations consume your life until eradicated, and having to deal with a company who charged an arm and a leg to only make matters worse was one of the most aggravating situations I've ever had to deal with in my life. I've never felt the need to review anything before but I couldn't let this pass without speaking out.

Category pest control

[Member Name], We at Advanced Pest Management consistently monitor our reviews to share with our employees. I can't stress enough how our people thrive on positive feedback. After all it is our current customer base that have made APM what it is today over our 50 year history. Bad reviews on the other hand grab my attention. I was really displeased to read about your situation. If you take the time to read through our reviews you will see that we are a highly rated and respected company with many years experience and employee some of the best technicians in the business. Bed bug work is very challenging to any company and there is no science to the treatment process while what will work at one home may never work at another. There are many factors to take into consideration when coming up with a treatment protocol. Generally a 3 time service will eradicate a bed bug problem but there are those few that we may have to re-evaluate and come up with a different process because of a possible situation beyond our control or simple something we missed. In your situation this seems to have been the problem. According to our system records, service records and account notes we provided 4 service calls to your home with the last being on 12/23/13. It wasn't until 3/19/14 at 2:46pm that we received a call from your mother that you still had a problem with the bed bugs. Even while making payment arrangements on 3/06/14 it was never mentioned that there was still an issue. Even so, it was at this point we asked to send over our Rapid Response Team consisting of our most experienced along with a supervisor to evaluate and come up with a new treatment plan if necessary or course at no charge to you. Your mother refused the inspection saying that you and your husband were too busy. After leaving multiple messages on your cell phone to please contact our office it wasn't until 3/21/14 at 12:58pm that we received a return call letting us know that you would not be in town until 3/31/14 and would give us a call when you return. We never heard from you again until 6/24/14 concerning invoices you were receiving in the mail. I would like to inform you that the $1600 listed on your review is only $1200 according to the agreement you signed. If you need a new copy showing the actual amount for billing purposes feel free to stop by my office anytime. I believe by getting other quotes you will find that our price will be hard to match. Again I am very sorry you were displeased with our service and if the issue still exists I would like to send out our Rapid Response Team to resolve this whole issue. If you have any question or concerns please stop by my office, I would love to discuss any issues with you. James Foley Chief Operating Officer Advanced Pest Management 443-907-8595

04/20/2014

Elizabeth D.

GREAT!!!! ANYTIME I NEED THEM, FOR INSTANCE IF I SEE 1 ANT, I'LL CALL AND THEY'RE OUT THERE FOR ME PRONTO! I ALSO ASKED THEM IF I COULD BORROW 1 OF THEY'RE HAVE A HEART TRAPS TO SEE IF WE COULD CATCH OUR LOST CAT AND THEY LET US HAVE THE TRAP FOR FREE WHEN ALL OF THE HUMANE ASSOCIATIONS WANTED TO CHARGE US $30.00. WE HAVE BEEN WITH THEM FOR YEARS.....

Description of Work
THEY ALWAYS GIVE ME THE FULL TREATMENT

Category pest control

Thank you for you continued loyalty to APM. We will always be committed to providing you and all customers with a superior service and a prompt response.

04/07/2014

Kevin D.

APM sprays for insects inside and outside the house. They will try to take care of your specific needs. The will also take care of rodents if you have the need. Every representative was very polite and helpful.

Description of Work
APM schedule a visit to our house twice a year but they will come out as many additional times as needed.

Category pest control

Thank you for the review Mr. [member name removed]. We will always be committed to providing you and all customer with a superior service. If you ever have any concerns or issues please give our staff a call. Again Thanks, James Foley Chief Operating Officer Advanced Pest Management

04/07/2014

Richard M.

Entered attic. Determined no presence of animals. Charged nothing and would not accept anything for his time.

Description of Work
checked for racoon entry in attic

Category pest control

Thank you for this feedback. Call anytime with any pest or wildlife removal concerns!

Kevin H.

They were great. They had to use a 30 foot ladder to reach. They used a white powder and were very effective in getting rid of the nest. We had been getting 4-5 wasps per day inside the house. After that we didn't get any.

Description of Work
Treated for wasp nest hidden somewhere behind vinyl siding.

Category pest control

Thank you for choosing Advanced Pest Management to solve your wasp problem! Your feedback is very valuable and important to us.

Benjamin B.

We have no termites since they started inspecting. All the carpenter ants are gone & haven't returned. The stink bugs are greatly reduced but not totally eliminated. The technicians are always very professional & the office is very friendly.

Description of Work
Termite inspection. Sealed porch for stink bugs. Eliminated carpenter ants.

Category decks, pest control, home inspection

Thank you for the review. We will always be committed to providing you and all customers with a superior service. If you ever have any concerns or issues please give our staff a call.

charles P.

Very professional, work was done in timely manner and price was good. Also came back for occasional inspections and had a guarantee.

Description of Work
termite treatment

Category pest control

Thanks for mentioning our Guarantee! We strive to provide great service with a guarantee! Thank you very much for your feedback.

Richard S.

Went great, killed the colonies, also went over the entire house inside and outside perimeter. The way they work is you pretty much get a 1 year contract and they'll return for any other pest issues. This worked great for me as one spring I had field mice decide they liked my house, they came out and I haven't seen another one since! So cost listed below is for a 1 year contract.

Description of Work
Exterminate carpenter ants.

Category pest control, animal removal

Thank you for your feedback. We rely on great customers like you to grow. Please let us know if there is anything more we can do for you!

David S.

This is a local company that has professional staff And offers prompt service

Description of Work
Did routine pest management

Category pest control

Professionalism and punctuality are very important to us! We will strive to continue to arrive on time ready to deliver professional results!

09/18/2013

Virginia Q.

Having problem with cluster flies. Timmy, our service guy, knew all about them. He is very knowledgeable and the only one I want to come and take care of our home. Had issues with bees building nests in bushes and in a porch decoration previously and he was right on it. Nice to know our home is under his care.

Description of Work
We have a yearly maintenance contract for $475. They come twice a year to treat the house and garage and then come whenever we call if an issue arises with any other pesky pests.

06/12/2013

Colleen E.

I was so impressed and relieved that within an hour of my call, a service technician pulled in my driveway! The technician was knowledgeable, calm, and thorough. He searched everywhere for the snake that we had seen but my husband had been unable to capture the night before. Even though he wasn?t able to locate the snake, he put traps in many places and walked the perimeter of our home to identify where the snakes may have gotten in. He offered many options for us for ways you could help to seal up our house to try to avoid this problem in the future. As an update: my husband got home late Friday evening and found not only the 2nd snake that we had seen the night before, but ANOTHER baby snake with that one (!!!) on top of the cement block wall behind our washer and dryer. They were not in one of the traps that were everywhere, but just sitting there... My husband wrestled them into a big plastic tote and got them out of the house and ?disposed? of them. Just as the technician had said, he believed that if there were two snakes, that there would be more (babies) ? YUCK! Therefore, we realize that we may not be done with this, although we haven?t seen anything since then, so I?m HOPING! We just wanted to convey our sincere thanks for the service provided by APM ? and for coming out FAST!! Most importantly, I have a great deal of respect for the company and for the technician - that they offer the free consultation and gave me a proposal for thorough services without pressuring me to commit right then. It would have been easy to take advantage of my fear in that situation since my husband was unavailable to help make a decision.

Description of Work
I contacted APM because we had seen two black snakes IN our home during the past week (!!!), and the second one had escaped my husband trying to capture it. A service technician came out for a FREE consultation. He searched a long time for the snake, and although he was not able to locate it, he put many traps around our home, basement and garage and examined the perimeter of our home to identify how they got in. He made several recommendations for sealing our home to prevent further problems and provided a proposal to have APM make these fixes.

12/18/2012

Donna H.

Phil from APM of Newark came out to inspect for bed bugs, he was very knowledgable and very helpful. He was very up front with the amount of prep that we needed to do prior to treatment. We opted for the chemical treatment as oppose to the heat treatment(in hind sight I would have done the heat treatment). Both Kevin and John the exterminators were very thorough and gave very good advice. They also were very sympathetic to our plight. I would HIGHLY recomend APM!

Description of Work
Phil from APM of Newark came out to inspect for bed bugs, he was very knowledgable and very helpful. He was very up front with the amount of prep that we needed to do prior to treatment. We opted for the chemical treatment as oppose to the heat treatment(in hind sight I would have done the heat treatment). I called the office to schedule treatment,after interviewing 2 other companies. We set up for the 3 treatment needed and the 1 year guarantee plan. Both Kevin and John the exterminators were very thorough and gave very good advice. We saw imediate results after the first 2 treatments but required additional treatments.

03/22/2012

Benjamin B.

I thought that they did excellent work. We have a lot of stink bugs in our area and they are a plague out here. They get into your house and they don't bite, but there are millions of them and if you squash them they smell very bad. They come into the house in the cold weather and then they are flying all around. We are all interested on keeping them out of the house. We will use this company in the future for pest and bug control.

Description of Work
They did an inspection of our home and also sealed up our porch against stink bugs.

03/20/2012

Stevens R.

They were very good and very professional.

Description of Work
I used APM Elkton Termite and Pest four years ago.

02/14/2012

Elizabeth D.

This company is great. They provide service for me all year round.

Description of Work
They came to my home and provided pest control services.

11/03/2011

Lynn R.

They are good. I would use them in the future.

Description of Work
I used APM Elkton Termite & Pest for pest control. My mother has used them from years. They are her regular pest control. It’s for advanced pest management.